BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    LBPCentral Creator Spotlight CrewUniverseUnderConstruction jwwphotos's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 156
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Blog Entries

Default Survival Line - A co-op survival challenge - Spotlighted!!

Survival Line - A co-op survival challenge by jwwPhotos and TheKillian
    Welcome to Survival Line - A co-op survival challenge where the cooperation of your team can help keep you alive.. but for how long? One player plays as the gunner clearing the large objects out of the way as well as sending down a much needed paint gun for the others running the line. The runners are in charge of well... staying alive for as long as possible!! Quite fun and addictive, but could be considered hard! For 2 - 4 players with cooperation as well as quite a bit of strategy.

This is huge huge update of a co-op survival challenge that Killian and I originally did in the OC beta and has since laid waiting on a usb backup until several months ago. Since then, I have been updating it for the past several months to refine and update quite a bit of the logic, playability, scoring, and adding to the decorations and graphics. Many thanks to Killian for the original concept and awesome help when we created the original version in the Beta with some additional help from Squigg . It has gone through many many changes and updates over the past several months from where it first began, but I am excited to finally be able to bring Survival Line to the public pages of LBP for your playing pleasure for the very first time. Possibly one of the top 10 best survival challenges ever!

Word of warning!! READ THE DIRECTIONS ON THE LEVEL CAREFULLY!!

However.. here are some tips for survival.

[SPOILER]
    * The huge gun ONLY destroys the large objects. You can also kill your runners. Use it wisely.

* The large objects leave smaller bits behind as obsticals and some even thought very small can be deadly. They cannot be shot, but you can move them around a bit with a paint gun if needed.

* LIMITED PAINT!! - You only have 50 shots, but can replenish as much as you like on the paint stand moving down the line. So choose your shots wisely. Non burning ones, you might want to simply bypass at times.

* Same topic as above.. limited paint! ..and it is up to the gunner in the control room to think wisely to send a new one down as ONLY ONE STAND can exist at at time!

* Sometimes runners have to think outside the box to proceed. That may mean a very timed jump onto fire to hope over other debris. Also keep in mind that sometimes shoving the non burning bits can help gain you some much needed space to retreat for a bit.

* This is not an easy level!! It can get hard very quickly.. especially if you are asleep at the controller!!!
    [/SPOILER]

Many many thanks to all my testers who are really too numerous to mention. However, special thanks to TheCountessZ, poundedbyslave, Morgana25, CCubbage, geddez12 and dsdavve for the bulk of play testing and to TheCountessZ, CCubbage, Killian, Morgana25 and Nuclearfish for suggestions.

Also.. thanks to comphermc for the cool fonts he dropped off one night!

Now the pics!

Last edited by jwwphotos; 12-31-2010 at 03:38 PM. Reason: updated with some play tips!

Wow this looks amazing! Ill be sure to get 3 friends to get the full experience of this level

Sackperson Lieutenant
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Overall activity: 0%
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    OmegaSlayer
    Blog Entries

Glad ya made it! LOL
    Finally this level is out, this is really addictive and fun, and JWW doesn't lie when he says that is one of the top 10 challenges.
    I had the pleasure to test the level 2 times in a week, and JWW worked so hard to refine every single particular.
    The game certainly need some strategy, and you will learn something new from your faults at every new play.
    The game can be even played in 2, but it's best in 4.
    What I suggest is to keep a constant "director" and not change the role with the gunners in every play, because this level is as fun as much as you can master it, and mastering it needs some time.
    I've not played the published version but the latest beta version as far as I know, so I'm sure this is a 5 star and a big heart.
    Go out and play it!

4. Thanks!

It looks fun! Il play it as soon as i get on my ps3 which is Friday!
    Funky Fun, Vertigo Series, 52 Whitechapel Lane, Malibu (Spotlighted), Dual Shock, Ja-Ja Land, The Spirit of Anne-Marie, Wooden Buttons, Speed Rush (Part Spotlighted), Bernard's Day out 3D (Part Spotlighted), CR, AND SO ON!

http://www.youtube.com/Tiawoods87

6. Thanks!

this lvl is awsome! espesialy with 4 players thats when it really comes to life.I found gunner to be my favorite position. as gunner You are eqiped with 3 simple tasks 1. to clear the line of especialy big objects 2. to call in the paintinator 3. avoid shooting the sackpersons running on the line. That happend a few times with me and jww. (me shooting him with the plasma cannon twice!). i also found it really fun to run jump and shoot beneth the cannon. random stuff shows up each second rocks, flaming rocks ,some weird yellow thing, turrets filled with purple plasma and more. this is truly the ultimate co-op!.
    Better use of the paintinator is hard to find.
    Last edited by dsdavve; 08-10-2010 at 09:08 AM.

8. Thanks!

Sackperson Lieutenant
    PSN
    OmegaSlayer
    Blog Entries

Oh, jww, now that the level is released I finally understand that there's a typo I always saw but never mentioned.
    In the first bubble speech, you say welcome to Survial Line, you missed a v.
    Since I'm Italian I thought that Survial was a word I didn't known

10. Thanks!

PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Blog Entries

Thanks so much everyone! Really nice to hear all these things about my labor of love these past few months. Really happy you enjoyed!

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaSlayer View Post
    Oh, jww, now that the level is released I finally understand that there's a typo I always saw but never mentioned.
    In the first bubble speech, you say welcome to Survial Line, you missed a v.
    Since I'm Italian I thought that Survial was a word I didn't known
    Oh wow!!! lol.. Thanks so much for that. Really funny I had that mistake and it being the first bubble and see it all the time!! Yikes!!

Thanks again!!!!!
    (aka jww) - Published Levels
    Space Escape (spotlighted!) // Space Escape II (spotlighted!)
    Survival Line (spotlighted!) // Space Escape Pinball (spotlighted! Mm Picked!)
    Trapped (spotlighted! vita)

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 519
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    The_Killian

Wow it looks amazing with all of your improvements! I hope people have as much fun playing it as we did developing it and accidentally killing people with the plasma gun.

PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Killian View Post
    Wow it looks amazing with all of your improvements! I hope people have as much fun playing it as we did developing it and accidentally killing people with the plasma gun.
    Thanks Killian! Wish you could get a new PS3 and check it out! Yup.. I remember those 3 amazing days when we first did this one. Some of the best and most fun I ever had. ..quite funny considering the 18 hour days we did and you up till 3 and 4am since we are on different time zones. ACK!! Were we nuts or what?!!? ..oh.. don't answer!

Still quite a few accidental plasma deaths!! The other one is accidentally shooting a buddy oln the line INTO flaming debris. A cool new trick is adding some distance on a jump by shooting your buddy mid jump in the back. lol

Sackperson Lieutenant
    PSN
    OmegaSlayer
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Killian View Post
    And obviously thanks to you too for the great work Killian, hope you'll be back soon.

15. Thanks!

Terminally glitched Sack lifeiscrapislife's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 47

Northampton- which is a load of old cobblers

Cool

I was hoping to see Accumulationnone
    Thanks for the special thanks
    You should add to your tips that you shouldn't shoot an electric hazard into a teammate, or is it only me who needs that advice?

PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lifeiscrapislife View Post
    I was hoping to see Accumulationnone
    Thanks for the special thanks
    You should add to your tips that you shouldn't shoot an electric hazard into a teammate, or is it only me who needs that advice?
    LOL!! I was too!! I think he is back! ..or saw him on recently.

Most welcome and thanks again for all the "Mind if we play it one more time" some twenty times. ..and that is a great tip. Do not shoot deadly hazards into your teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaSlayer View Post
    The game certainly need some strategy, and you will learn something new from your faults at every new play.
    The game can be even played in 2, but it's best in 4.
    What I suggest is to keep a constant "director" and not change the role with the gunners in every play, because this level is as fun as much as you can master it, and mastering it needs some time.
    I agree 100%! You really do need someone at the gun who's really good at it. Everyone down on the line depends on him knowing when to send another paintenator and when to blast the big debris. It's also a good idea for the ones on the line to be aware of where they're shooting, but also be aware of where they're standing. I've been shooting away, watching where I was hitting and then got gassed in the chamber. Pretty funny, especially when playing with good friends.

PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheCountessZ View Post
    I agree 100%! You really do need someone at the gun who's really good at it. Everyone down on the line depends on him knowing when to send another paintenator and when to blast the big debris. It's also a good idea for the ones on the line to be aware of where they're shooting, but also be aware of where they're standing. I've been shooting away, watching where I was hitting and then got gassed in the chamber. Pretty funny, especially when playing with good friends.
    Lol... so true. Best if you stay together so you don't shoot each other or lag back a bit and lob the shots over their heads. I mostly like lob shots as you can move back and forth to hit your targets rather than constantly aiming. Thanks for the extra tips!!

This looks awesome, cant wait to try it out.

PBS - nice to know I'm missed... if only as a target for electric hazards!

I go away for a week and miss all the playtesting fun! Thatll teach me to have holidays!
    Last edited by AccumulationNone; 08-11-2010 at 04:23 PM.

21. Thanks!

PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AccumulationNone View Post
    This looks awesome, cant wait to try it out.

PBS - nice to know I'm missed... if only as a target for electric hazards!

I go away for a week and miss all the playtesting fun! Thatll teach me to have holidays!
    Thanks!

lol!! Not to worry.. we can quickly catch you back up on quite a bit of death both fiery and electric. Nice to see you back Accu! Look us up next time online!

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 594
    Your First Group 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    geddez12
    Blog Entries

This in my view is the most addictive and best survival challenge out there on LBP, I was fortunate enough to play test this out and we played it non stop for about 1 hour and a half and i never got tired of it!!!!!!!! 5 stars and a heart

Geddez12

Impossible is nothing

Levels : Secret car garage and Secret car garage 2

24. Thanks!

PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Blog Entries

Thanks so much!! It is addictive isn't it! Still can't quite understand one of the current tags on it. "Boring". Must be single players or just those that didn't figure it out!!

I also forgot to put you on the list as one of the prime testers this past month, so I added your name to the first post! Thanks again for all your help!

Waiting for LBP3 patch !! mistervista's Avatar
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 195
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Recommendation Second Class 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    mistervista

Very good design and cleverly done.

I was rubbish at it initially but after some practice and with geddez as gunner to show how it's done it soon became addictive and fun.

You need a good few plays before you really get the hang of it and appreciate it properly. I'm still rubbish but at least I have a better idea of what I'm supposed to be doing now.

I think it really needs 3 or 4 players aswell to be the most fun. With only 2 it's very tricky and doesn't last long at all. Not with 2 like me anyway!
    Last edited by mistervista; 08-11-2010 at 11:37 PM. Reason: typo
    Sig by Rhyfelwr
    : HOMAGE 1: " Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea", Sheriff Sack 2: On the trail of Texas Jack,Pirates Of The Caribbean - Part 1: The Compass and Jack Sparrow, PLASMAVILLE-Winner of Sackcast Gadders Trial , Sheriff Sack: Cleaning up the town of Sackwood.

27. Thanks!

PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Blog Entries

LOL!! YAY!! So glad you gave it another err "shot" ! It is pretty fun, but you do have to understand what is going on. I put a ton of info in it, but maybe I should have made a training level that unlocks it. Oh well.. not going to worry about it. lol

Thanks so much and glad you enjoyed! It is pretty addicting!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast