BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: If...

Default If...

If Mm announced tomorrow that the only way of getting into the LBP2 Beta was purchasing a PS+ membership (3 Months or 12 Months), how many of you would do it? And be honest! Nobody will judge you.

PS- I would. But I already have PS+.
    Last edited by alexbull_uk; 08-16-2010 at 12:36 AM.

Add me on PSN: alexbull_uk
    Day one owner of LittleBigPlanet, LittleBigPlanet 2 (CE) and LittleBigPlanet Vita!
    LBP, LBP 2, LBP Vita & LBP Karting Beta Tester!

OOH OOOOH meeee

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 273
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    napero7
    Blog Entries

I totally would! Although they won't announce that... at least I hope they won't...

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 461
    Your First Group 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    robotiod
    Blog Entries

I wouldn't mind, they wouldn't take back that previous beta testers get in so yeah, I would still get it.

in all honesty no id rather wait because payong 50euro just for the beta then paying anothe 50euro for the accuall game 1st of all i dont have that kind of money and 2nd 100 euro for 1 game are you having a laugh???

thanks Inanimacy for my sig and Mrgenji for the avatar

That new pineapple smell! ThePineapplizer's Avatar
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 61

PSN
    ThePineapplizer
    Blog Entries

:SH:

My LBP2 Projects
    ----------
    Sackmin - [Postponed planning]
    Cave Panic! - [Planned]
    Pineapple Planet - [Planning [Levels, Concepts, Enemies]

7. Thanks!

Very informative thread title.

Anyway, I'm already in the beta, but if I wasn't and PS+ was the only way in, I definately would get it. Nothing will stop me playing LBP2! Nothing!!!!

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 158
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points
    PSN
    gdn001
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StealthyHawaiian View Post

:SH:
    As said above.
    We don't get PS Store, how could we get acess to PS+ sign-ups?

Avi drawing by DarkieSoul. Sig drawing by TheZimInvader. Sig helicopter by McDonnell Douglas.

Programmer's Diary

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 128
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    LukeCF
    Blog Entries

If it was the three month one. Of course I would. If I had to buy the full year... Well. Maybe. But I dunno.

bikerider12

I thought PS+ members only get into betas early? I know your just asking something. but if the only way was PS+, i would realy want to, but i wont have the money.

"To Each, Their Own" siberian_ninja15's Avatar
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered Created Blog entry 250 Experience Points Created Album pictures
    PSN
    siberian_ninja15
    Blog Entries

With all honesty, I would have to say maybe. I actually want to save my money for any unsuspecting DLC that will show up before LBP2 hits the shelves. The other half of me would on account of I get to play LBP2 early and, I get that beta vest costume too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuclearfish View Post
    Very informative thread title.

Anyway, I'm already in the beta, but if I wasn't and PS+ was the only way in, I definately would get it. Nothing will stop me playing LBP2! Nothing!!!!
    Please don't tell me you or anyone else here would eat a bucket of poo for it. if you would, you've lost all of your sanity,

As for myself, I have year memberships to both PS+ AND QORE, so, i'd say I have decent chances of getting in,

14. Thanks!

Snce PSN+ doesn't interest me and that don't want to encourage this line of thinking business wise, I wouldn't.

16. Thanks!

Only if there was a 100% chance of me getting in if I got PS+.

Quote Originally Posted by SackBolt View Post
    Off-Topic - what's a SackBolt?

Quote Originally Posted by Fishrock123 View Post
    Off-Topic - what's a SackBolt?
    Notice the lightning bolt on his face.

20. Thanks!

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 99
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Your First Group 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    Gravel

Default Not me...

Quote Originally Posted by SackBolt View Post
    First-off, from what my friends list tells me... PS+ needs LBPBeta keys. Whats your friendlist saying? For me, PS+ subscription is probably around 7%. I really thought about buying in to PS+, afterall, I want in on the Beta, (and everyman has his selling point...) I've seen what they are offering-- but my integrity just won't allow me to buy in.

Which brings me to Mm decision to grandfather in all the OC/Water beta testers. Where's the integrity in that? Why not spread the love rather than set-up a caste system for the status-quo. Is reinforcing the established idea of 'haves' vs. 'have-nots'... a good thing?

I gotta tell you, when I saw Spaff's most recent 'Soon' post I really wanted to wretch... I mean I'm happy for all you folks who were in the Water and OC betas--it's really great. I mean that. But I remember reading way to many posts, by members here-- who just wanted the prestige or costume pieces made available to them, and then had the nerve to post here bragging about it. How they lost interest. How they scammed it, or their multiple accounts... Now you tell me, wouldn't that gall you too? So now Mm has taken the ultimate easy-way-out, and while I can't condemn them... I can point out that, "more could be accomplished with less of the same."

"If it ain't broke- don't fix it!" That's what a lot of folks will say... I actually agree with that-- but here's the problem with that reasoning... I consider myself a community member of some note. I am constantly behind the eightball and will never have the oppurtunity to catch-up if this status-quo is maintained... and that is not right for myself or the other 99% of the community. What do I mean? You give some/the same creators, a 60 day head start with creation tools and all of the rest of your userbase can never wrestle back that pre-determined headstart. It's impossible, and it isn't right that I should always feel as if I am playing catch-up.

More importantly LBP, LBPC, and Mm are all about the community. It's true! Without community all three of those things would be long forgotten by now. So the decision is made to give exclusive time with said product on the basis of? It just feels wrong to exclude the same people over and over again!

Ok, so maybe 60+ days of exclusive use of LBP2's creation tools shouldn't be my arguement... Maybe it should be the fact that this beta-team with lifetime appointments form bonds and relationships and inside jokes that are not healthy for the community as a whole. I mean why work with me when you've got all the friends you need right now playing LBP2... they're a known entity, share a common goal, and exclusivity, a secret, a forum populated by the ultra-exclusive molecules... real bonds are formed. I am a fortunate creator... while I am not in the communities' hierarchy, I am close enough to the top, that I am able to partake in some of the trickle-down... and take advantage of what does come my way... but for so many lost in the vastness of three million levels... netting 25 plays is a milestone... I wailed a victorious warcry when I hit the unfathomable 500 play mark!

HEY Mm, this deck really is in need of re-shuffling!

And before anyone comes on here taking a swing at me... I am working on missing my third beta opportunity... You go ask Morgana25, or xKappax, or any of the other women on this site how they felt about being excluded [unintentionally] from the Jam? Then you can comeback here and post... Because, just one perceived snubbing knocked a lot of noses out of place... One. And if the current system is maintained for the Lifecycle of the LittleBigPlanet franchise... We'll I just gotta believe there is a better way available for Mm and Sony to proceed.

Is this too personal of a perspective? --i don't know, honestly... maybe. Is it a logical arguement? No. But I am capable of perceiving right from wrong... and I often voice my opinion when I don't like what I see... Sometimes I am completely self-motivated. People are very passionate about this game... Mm needs to be reminded this-- because it just seems they are over-looking the obvious, and have now officially created an on-going heiarchy within the community. It's great news if your in...
    .................................................. ...................

"The world strode slowly upon my heart measuring precisely each fractal footfall with shiftless negligence. I lay in its' wake scathe-sighted, the Gravel of Man, pandering pan in hand prospecting paradise, and you... talk of my immortal soul?"

With A Name Like GRAVEL... you can count on a rash!

LethalBox

I would cry... T^T

i already have PSN+ so i'd be happy to FINALLY be in a beta since ive been trying since LBP1

EDIT: also what gravel said really hit home with me and it reminds me that i've been trying for so long...and still not even ONE beta from Mm....this is is the 4th time attempting a beta when it comes out....

seriously i feel like i gotta resort to begging anybody whos in the beta to try and send recommendations to Mm to include me in there...if its possible...hell maybe even celeb creators could get me in somehow...

it shouldnt be like this....i hope this time they find a way to include lots and lots of more people...because i REALLY wanna be a part of this
    Last edited by Shadowcrazy; 08-16-2010 at 07:18 AM.

No I wouldn't since it would just be a marketing ploy by PS to get more people on their service. I hope it isn't though. I haven't been able to get into previous betas, but I really want to be in this one...I'll be depressed if I don't make it in
    LittleBigPlanet 2 Projects

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast