BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Zhani┤s Palace: Treasure Hunt

Zhani┤s Palace: Treasure Hunt by Nilsder94
    In this level you have to search for a treasure in Zhani┤s palace.
    But you┤ll find out it┤s not that easy.
    This lvl isn┤t the longest.
    However there will be a second part soon.

This lvl was already published before 2 days.
    But it had only 3* after the rating bug,
    so I decided to republish it.

http://img12.imageshack.us/i/littlebigplanet003.jpg/

http://img838.imageshack.us/i/littlebigplanet006.jpg/

http://img810.imageshack.us/i/littlebigplanet007.jpg/

http://img84.imageshack.us/i/littlebigplanet010.jpg/

http://img716.imageshack.us/i/littlebigplanet011.jpg/

http://img716.imageshack.us/i/littlebigplanet011.jpg/

http://img85.imageshack.us/i/littlebigplanet013.jpg/

Here is a video of my level.
    Last edited by Nilsder94; 08-20-2010 at 11:20 AM. Reason: nothing worked :D

Thread
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    Nilsder94

OMG links don┤t work etc.
    I thought it would look better lol
    **** I don┤t know how to do that.

LBPCentral Spotlight Crew LBPC Contest Crew shropshirelass's Avatar
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 845
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    shropshire-lass

Hi

What you need to do is copy the "Direct" link on the imageshack page and then click on the insert image icon in your post (in advanced mode). Sorry I haven't explained that very well so please ask if anything is not clear.

Very cool level btw. I played it the other day. I'll play it again and give some feedback later.

EDIT: Did you know your level had been mentioned here?
    Last edited by shropshirelass; 08-20-2010 at 12:38 PM.

Thread
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    Nilsder94

Quote Originally Posted by shropshirelass View Post

Hi

What you need to do is copy the "Direct" link on the imageshack page and then click on the insert image icon in your post (in advanced mode). Sorry I haven't explained that very well so please ask if anything is not clear.

Very cool level btw. I played it the other day. I'll play it again and give some feedback later.

EDIT: Did you know your level had been mentioned here?
    Yeah thx for the tips
    Which link do I have to use... URL or the siteadress? :S

OMFG I didn┤t know.
    I┤m glad :O it┤s on twitter lmao

LBPCentral Spotlight Crew LBPC Contest Crew shropshirelass's Avatar
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 845
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    shropshire-lass

On the imageshack page for each pic there is a heading "Links to share this image" on the right and underneath it are 2 links. You need to click on and copy the one called "Direct". It's that link you paste into the popup box which appears when you click on the Insert Image icon in your post.

Thread
    PSN
    Nilsder94

Quote Originally Posted by shropshirelass View Post
    On the imageshack page for each pic there is a heading "Links to share this image" on the right and underneath it are 2 links. You need to click on and copy the one called "Direct". It's that link you paste into the popup box which appears when you click on the Insert Image icon in your post.
    Ok thx
    I┤ll try it
    Oh yeah that was embarresing
    A sackgirl knows it better than me :O :P
    Last edited by Nilsder94; 08-20-2010 at 11:39 AM.

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 686
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Recommendation Second Class 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    ladylyn1
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nilsder94 View Post
    OMFG I didn┤t know.
    I┤m glad :O it┤s on twitter lmao
    Haha joined me there too

Well what to say aabout this level... imagine MM levels and then crank up the class factor by about 100%. Yeah thats right, its awesome.

Visuals are so impressive and mechanics are unique too- my favourite being the fire rollers which run along the track.

The details overall are excellent.

The level really grasps that temple feel too.

One thing id consider improving... the look of your switches at the timed launchers.
    You could box them up and make them more authentic to the level imo.

Also, I didn't really like being told if every platform was require all or not... kinda became a lil annoying towards the end and im sure most will understand if they are or not.

One other thing, u perhaps did this already... theres a grab sponge which lowers the player down the back of the level to the next section. You use a speech bubble to tell everyone to grab on. My question is: Once one player grabs on, is it then timed before the sponge lowers? or is there an mgs spotlight with a require all feature?

If it isn't the mgs then id recommend changing it to the spotlight. But i guess u probs used that anyway.

Overall, probably the best temple level I've played. 5 stars and a heart.

Looking forward to part 2!
    Last edited by ladylyn1; 08-20-2010 at 11:42 AM.

Creator of:
    Cirque de la Nuit - Spotlighted
    FIRESTARTER - Spotlighted
    Whichever Way the Wind Blows - Spotlighted
    Atomic Assistance - Spotlighted
    Planet X - Spotlighted
    A Stairway to Heaven - Spotlighted
    Chihiro's Garden - Spotlighted
    A Shadow of a Forgotten Past

Thread
    PSN
    Nilsder94

Quote Originally Posted by ladylyn1 View Post
    Haha joined me there too

Well what to say aabout this level... imagine MM levels and then crank up the class factor by about 100%. Yeah thats right, its awesome.

Visuals are so impressive and mechanics are unique too- my favourite being the fire rollers which run along the track.

The details overall are excellent.

The level really grasps that temple feel too.

One thing id consider improving... the look of your switches at the timed launchers.
    You could box them up and make them more authentic to the level imo.

Also, I didn't really like being told if every platform was require all or not... kinda became a lil annoying towards the end and im sure most will understand if they are or not.

One other thing, u perhaps did this already... theres a grab sponge which lowers the player down the back of the level to the next section. You use a speech bubble to tell everyone to grab on. My question is: Once one player grabs on, is it then timed before the sponge lowers? or is there an mgs spotlight with a require all feature?

If it isn't the mgs then id recommend changing it to the spotlight. But i guess u probs used that anyway.

Overall, probably the best temple level I've played. 5 stars and a heart.

Looking forward to part 2!
    Ok thx for the feedback. The sponge is always timed. I didn┤t think of a mgs spotlight thx. I┤ll fix it...
    I┤ll change the platforms, too
    Last edited by Nilsder94; 08-20-2010 at 12:14 PM.

- You can jump over the first X bounce pad, but it doesn't really matter. Maybe some point bubbles in the air would help?
    - Your genie is a little similar to the one in story mode, but you are obviously going for a MM style level, so I can let it slide.
    - I felt the sticker for the sticker switch didn't really match the level.
    - Got squished from the block that pushes you to the left (x3 times in 3 plays) (after bouncing over the spikes), when I was trying to ace! =( The worst part of the whole level. Will not try for acing/highscore until this is fixed. I quit when it squished me for the third time.
    - I would increase the radius on the downwards elevator. I got bounced around a bit.
    - Saw the trapdoor coming. Take out the white part that shows/shines through.
    - Bad genie doesn't come down far enough for the player to see his head. =(

I'd say the biggest problem is the "require all" "1 player recommended" magic mouths. Breaks the immersion for me. I can understand the reason for, but MM doesn't do this.
    I don't think you needed the arrows either, but MM use em, so up to you.

That's probably the only critiques you'll get, as this level is brilliant visually (without abstract geometry = better in my book), plus has some decent gameplay to back it up. MM quality (in visuals at least).
    5 stars, level heart, and instant creator heart which I dont give out often after only playing one level.
    Nice stuff. More please.
    Last edited by midnight_heist; 08-20-2010 at 12:23 PM.

Bad design 101
    An ingame commentary about the good and bad design choices in my first level: "Platforming 101" ... Learn as you play!

Thread
    PSN
    Nilsder94

Quote Originally Posted by midnight_heist View Post
    - You can jump over the first X bounce pad, but it doesn't really matter. Maybe some point bubbles in the air would help?
    - Your genie is a little similar to the one in story mode, but you are obviously going for a MM style level, so I can let it slide.
    - I felt the sticker for the sticker switch didn't really match the level.
    - Got squished from the block that pushes you to the left (x3 times in 3 plays) (after bouncing over the spikes), when I was trying to ace! =( The worst part of the whole level. Will not try for acing/highscore until this is fixed. I quit when it squished me for the third time.
    - I would increase the radius on the downwards elevator. I got bounced around a bit.
    - Saw the trapdoor coming. Take out the white part that shows/shines through.
    - Bad genie doesn't come down far enough for the player to see his head. =(

I'd say the biggest problem is the "require all" "1 player recommended" magic mouths. Breaks the immersion for me. I can understand the reason for, but MM doesn't do this.
    I don't think you needed the arrows either, but MM use em, so up to you.

That's probably the only critiques you'll get, as this level is brilliant visually (without abstract geometry = better in my book), plus has some decent gameplay to back it up. MM quality (at least in visuals).
    5 stars, level heart, and instant creator heart which I dont give out often after only playing one level.
    Nice stuff. More please.
    Ok thx mate
    I┤ll try to fix everything.
    Oh you got sqished 3 times :O I┤ll make it from 0,1s to 0,2s maybe... or even 0,3s
    But I can┤t add points... it would overheat

Having lulz since 94 AssassinatorRFC's Avatar
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 448
    Overall activity: 0%
    PSN
    AssassinatorRFC
    Blog Entries

Looks a nice looking level
    in the last couple of pictures I saw some cool obstacles that I ain't seen before!
    I have made some unique obstacles aswell but I still think yours are cooler

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 118
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    7 days registered 30 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    Dragonvarsity-
    Blog Entries

Wow, this looks amazing! Unfortunately, I'm leaving today but I'll try playing it right now and tell you what I thin.

Thread
    PSN
    Nilsder94

So mates I fixed some parts.
    -I added the mgs spotlight.
    -Deleted the speechbubbles with Require all!
    -fixed the elevator
    -You can see the head of Zhani.
    - You can┤t get squised... I hope so. It┤s isn┤t that strong now

Quote Originally Posted by Nilsder94 View Post
    So mates I fixed some parts.
    -I added the mgs spotlight.
    -Deleted the speechbubbles with Require all!
    -fixed the elevator
    -You can see the head of Zhani.
    - You can┤t get squised... I hope so. It┤s isn┤t that strong now
    Wow, that was quick :o
    Thanks for taking in my advice, I'll have another go at acing tomorrow!
    Any prize for acing btw?

Bad design 101
    An ingame commentary about the good and bad design choices in my first level: "Platforming 101" ... Learn as you play!

Thread
    PSN
    Nilsder94

Quote Originally Posted by midnight_heist View Post
    Wow, that was quick :o
    Thanks for taking in my advice, I'll have another go at acing tomorrow!
    Any prize for acing btw?
    Yeah i directly started to fix.
    Maybe it┤s too dark there to see his head :S

Hmmm nope. I could add Zhani as prize

7 days registered 30 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    Dragonvarsity-
    Blog Entries

I just tried playing it but it kept failing to load.

Edit: Nevermind, it worked. Here's what I thought.

The style was great and felt just like a story level. I think you did a great jb on characters and length plus the platforms bouncing you up were great and I had no problems with them. Some parts were kinda challenging but not frustrating which I loved. I was hoping for a boss battle at the end but there wasn't but I still liked the trap and the platform beneath breaking so I really hope to see a part 2 soon escaping and continuing to get through his castle and then defeat him. Overall though, the visuals and platforming were great and I loved the added sticker switches just like in the story mode. Overall, I gave it and a . Great job and I really hope to see a sequel for this.
    Last edited by Dragonvarsity; 08-20-2010 at 02:40 PM.

Thread
    PSN
    Nilsder94

So after a couple of helpful feedbacks. I should start to write some feebacks, too

PSN
    Dragonvarsity-
    Blog Entries

Okay, thanks but you don't have to give feedback on my level, platformia. I've made the last update for it and am already starting my next level.

Also, I mentioned your level on my blog earlier today so hopefully more people will play it.

Thread
    PSN
    Nilsder94

Aaah okay.
    Thx. I hope so, too
    I┤ll work hard on my second part now... I┤ll publish it in 4 days...

Edt: The second part will take some time.
    I want to add the best ideas I┤m going to get...
    Last edited by Nilsder94; 08-24-2010 at 11:55 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast