BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Community Spotlight - Now Hiring! [APPLICATIONS CLOSED]

That's right, the PS3 side of the Community Spotlight Crew is looking for new blood! The team that is responsible for the ever-popular, fortnightly spotlight of community created levels is looking to expand.

PLEASE READ THE ENTIRETY OF THIS POST OR YOUR RESPONSE WILL BE DELETED AND YOUR APPLICATION IGNORED. YES, THE WHOLE THING.

Due to the influx of levels being posted in the spotlight, and the real life obligations of many of our current spotlight team members, we will be actively looking for anyone willing to step up to the challenge. Anyone interested in the position must...

• Be willing to play almost all of the levels posted in the level showcase. This is a large time commitment!
    • Be competent in writing and word usage.
    • Know a quality level when they see it.
    • Be experienced in the world of LittleBigPlanet.
    • Be able to work in a team-centered atmosphere.

Also advantageous...

• Be comfortable working with an Excel-type spreadsheet.
    • Is not threatened by vBulletin code.
    • Fun, friendly, and humorous.
    • Be a generally helpful person around the forums.

---

If you think you've got what it takes...

Post a reply with links to three examples of useful and constructive feedback given by you in our Level Showcase. If you've not left feedback in those forums before, it's not looking good... Ha! There is no cap to the number of people we can bring onto the team, but we only want people who will dedicate their time to the project. We are currently only hiring for the Vita side of things.

---

Any posts that are not 'indications of interest' per the guidelines above will be deleted. This is not a thread meant to be spammed, and we will not be tolerant of comments from the peanut gallery.

Thanks, everyone!
    Last edited by Taffey; 11-01-2012 at 07:03 AM. Reason: Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
    Mm Picks: Roller INC 2 | Wizard: Chapter 1 | LittleBigPrius
    Levels: New! -The Button | The Fourth Wall | The Heist: Making a Withdrawal | Rubik's Tube
    Lbp.me profile: comphermc | LittleBigplanet 2 Create Tutorials: LBPlanetorials

wow this is one in a life time opportunity I think I can join but school is about 2 start so I don't really know because im going to 11th grade.

oh well let me try to get in anyways sometime I have a lot of time in my hand and sometimes not.

Here are my 3 examples.

[Spoiler] Level name: A realm Forgotten.
    Thread Link.

"Hey man I just played your level and let me tell you it was breathtaking I love every single part of this level it was incredible. The visualization was magnificent and the gameplay outstanding Also the Originality was very creative. I was wondering how you created the emitter boxes they were incredible because they emitte 2 different kinds and they don't show the fog gas also they do it in a rotational pattern.

Overall Score.

Visualization:
    Gameplay/Puzzle:
    Originality:
    Music/Sound Affects:

I gave your level a and a it was incredible please make part 2!!!!"
    [/spoiler]

[spoiler]Level name: The castle Cake Quest
    Thread link.
    "Hey man I just played your level and let me tell you it reminded me of the first level in LBP it was really cool I love the way you use the sticker that's was very colorful and the was you combine the lighting with the stickers was a really good combination. The visualization was really good and the gameplay was a little difficult specially the part with the jet pack but it was a really cool level with lots of lighting and puzzles.

Overall score

Visualization:
    Gameplay/Puzzle:
    Music/Sound Affects:
    Originality:

I gave this level a it was really good, also an advise don't use a lot of music in the level "
    [/spoiler]

[spoiler]Level Name: Something Beneath
    Thread Link
    "I just played your level and let me tell you it is magnificent I love everything about it there is nothing that you should change it is very well done I love it. The visualization is out of this world, the originality is well done, this level should be spotlight and you should be the next creator spotlight 100%!

Overall score.

Visualization:
    Originality:
    Logic:
    Gameplay/Puzzle:
    Music:

I gave this level a and a I love it I wish I can give it a 6 but you know

hope you make another one "
    [/spoiler]

I know a good level wend I see it

Yes i have plenty of time more than i can handle Mwuwhaha.....

Well i got little big planet Because i thought i would play it with friends ,No friends have it so....

Anyway if you dont know me im doing gameplays myself Doing level reviews on my youtube And such, Love community spotlight Creator rewind And other things could go on,Im starting Mm Picks For Mm Because there so busy Doing wonderful things For the universe Plus i love the crew on the team

P.s Do i have to have a robotic arm?

Comphermc says: What? Is this an application? If so, you failed to follow directions...
    rtm223 says: Maybe he was expecting us to respect his individuality and flair?
    Comphermc Responds: I don't know... sounds risky. Can we be sure that he even read the entirety of the first post? We don't have time for mavericks on our spotlight team...
    rtm223 says: Well not reading things through is conducive to time efficiency, maybe that's a plus?
    Comphermc Concedes: Ah, good points. I guess we wait and see what Soverso has to say about all of this.
    Last edited by comphermc; 08-25-2010 at 07:05 PM.

4. Thanks!

Tarsier Level Designer comphermc's Avatar
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 1,014
    Overall activity: 0%
    Recommendation Second Class 25000 Experience Points 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points
    PSN
    comphermc
    Blog Entries

Let me reiterate: Posting "I'll do it," or some derivative thereof, is not an application. Re-read the first post.

Posts that are not applications will be deleted.
    Levels: New! -The Button | The Fourth Wall | The Heist: Making a Withdrawal | Rubik's Tube

Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Your First Group 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    SLS10
    Blog Entries

Well, I'd love to be a part, but I'm afraid that I don't comment on people's work often enough.

Oh, well. I can wait until the requirements are more lax.
    :B

i don't know how many loyalty woozles I have now it's probably greater than seven

DAT PUBLISHED LIST: http://lbp.me/t/539w

Tarsier Level Designer comphermc's Avatar
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 1,014
    Recommendation Second Class 25000 Experience Points 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points
    PSN
    comphermc
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SLS10 View Post
    Well, I'd love to be a part, but I'm afraid that I don't comment on people's work often enough.

Oh, well. I can wait until the requirements are more lax.
    I'm concerned that the wording in the first requirement was a bit stiff. I've replaced it with the following:

• Be willing to play a large number of the levels posted in the level showcase. This is a significant time commitment!

At the end of the day, we are flexible with allowing time off for personal matters, and slow weeks, but we don't want to bring someone on who will flake at the work each fortnight.

8. Thanks!

I was actually just wondering how I would go about applying for this.

I'd like to give it a shot. Playing LBP levels is something I greatly enjoy doing (with and without friends), and playing lots of levels could be highly amusing/fun/effervescent. I work in my university's writing center, so I can say I'm fairly competent in the area of writing I know when I'm playing a good level. And I'm good with a team, as well. I AM experienced with Little Big Planet, though I'm somewhat new to these forums. That might be the biggest disadvantage I see. I'm comfortable with spreadsheets (I'm a computer science major). vBulletin is pretty easy to use, too.

I'm intensely curious, and will often go the "wrong way" on a level just to see what happens. It turns out that's a really good way to find glitches (I also worked as a software tester for a summer, so that helps too).

Oh, question about time. Is there an average number of hours this takes per week, or does it vary wildly? I'm currently at college... there are two-three days a week when I just don't have time, but I have loads of time on the other days. EDIT: Just read your post up there. Time sounds good. Saturdays might be iffy, though.

Aaaaaand... here's three reviews I've done. All the links should go directly to my post:

The Mystery of Mystery Island, by Joburg87

Invasion of the Sack Men from Space, by SalaciousCrumbcake

steampunk caverns platformer, by Dark-Match
    Last edited by Ryhas; 08-25-2010 at 09:14 PM.

According to this it looks like i can do it, i love to play levels and i think it would be interesting to work with such good creators, i have 2 levels that were be spotlighted but i don't really know if that actually counts. If you chose me i would feel honored to play every single level in the level showcase and write some words for quality levels.

Here are my comments(links):

Sackboy and the evil H4Hers (LBW7)

Dragons of Myth Iceland

Roller Inc

11. Thanks!

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 637
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    7 days registered 30 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Hello, dragonvarsity here. I'd like to be apart of the community spotlight team. I already plays lots of levels from the community so I'd already be used to playing all the levels there. Plus, I don't just play levels but I think I'm great at spotting the fantastic ones, in fact I even have a blog talking about amazing levels and we've reached over 100 amazing levels. Here are the examples of my reviewes although they're not as detailed as the spotlight crew's reviews.

1. Feedback on Nocturne by IceMaiden

Quote Originally Posted by dragonvarsity
    I played this level and it was amazing, the detail was outsatding and I loved how you made such an amazing level with great pictures and the song was awesome You definitely deserve and a
    2. Feedback on Zhani's Palace: Treasure Hunter by Nilsder94

Quote Originally Posted by dragonvarsity
    The style was great and felt just like a story level. I think you did a great jb on characters and length plus the platforms bouncing you up were great and I had no problems with them. Some parts were kinda challenging but not frustrating which I loved. I was hoping for a boss battle at the end but there wasn't but I still liked the trap and the platform beneath breaking so I really hope to see a part 2 soon escaping and continuing to get through his castle and then defeat him. Overall though, the visuals and platforming were great and I loved the added sticker switches just like in the story mode. Overall, I gave it and a . Great job and I really hope to see a sequel for this.
    Now I know that might seem not spotlight good and that's because I'm an average reviewer and I'm doing it for fun. IF I were to be on the sotlight team, it's more like a job. I am definitely capable of making great reviews that actually describe the level and when I joined lbpcentral, my goal was to be not just a member who makes a couple posts but a dedicated one and I feel like this could really help. As my final review, I hope it's okay that I show a re-make of a review I had for black and white planet 3 by jump_button as an example to show you I can make that leap.

I've always loved playing one of Jump_button's levels so it's great to see another one by him. In previous black and white planet levels the visuals were okay but there was a lot of gameplay. In the third of the black and white planet levels, Jump_button creates one of the most beautiful levels I've seen. while still having some gameplay. Plus I love the added creatures like the black and white bats flying up and down and the venus fly traps. There is some fun gameplay in this level plus a great puzzle at the end. I can't even imagine how many stickers it took to make this level. Overall, I gave it and a . One of his best levels yet.

I hope that's a good example and if you need more, I'd be happy to give more and if you say no, I completely understand Also, since it would be like a job, I'd make sure there would be no misspellings unlike in previous reviews and of course I have a PS3, I think I'm helpful and fun and I can work with excel and vbulletin code.
    Last edited by Dragonvarsity; 08-25-2010 at 10:13 PM.

13. Thanks!

Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 979
    Your First Group 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    CyberSora

Sorry for asking this here, but when is the deadline for this position? My PS3 is currently dead (again), and I'm hoping to fix it by mid-September.

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 445
    Your First Group 100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    reesesboyRdee

Wow very cool!! I am a big follower for lpbc, but Im new to posting forums.I love to play levels (I'm not the best creator so I play levels) and I have the time to do it Id love to do it for the good of the community (not meanig to sound cheesey but really I have time every 2 weeks.) I am experianced with exel so I can do the work part of it.

Here are my reviews.

http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/sho...corch_3-s-best

http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/sho...st-of-Dr-booty

Last edited by reesesboyRdee; 08-28-2010 at 11:41 AM.

this is my "indication of interest" but i'd have some questions answered first...all my questions are in BOLD PRINT and yeah based on the answers i'll see if my schedule allows me to attempt to try out...i haven't done any detailed reviews as of yet...but i'll make a few when i figure out what to do

* Be willing to play almost all of the levels posted in the level showcase. This is a large time commitment!

this confuses me a bit since I have no way of finding out which ones to play in the many pages that are displayed...so is it like "play the first 2-3 pages?" or is there any specific intel you can reveal on what you mean by ALL levels...since obviously i know you're not expecting us to play previous community spotlight levels and such

* Be competent in writing and word usage.

basically speaking correct english and have decent spelling correct? just making sure

* Be experienced in the world of LittleBigPlanet.

more details? I don't need to know extreme logic or anything like that correct?

* Be able to work in a team-centered atmosphere.

more details? sounds like a skype thing from how i'm reading it

and one more

the advantage ones are just that...to our advantage...and aren't required right?
    Last edited by Shadowcrazy; 08-25-2010 at 11:34 PM.

Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 412
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    jeperty
    Blog Entries

I really wanna apply but school is starting soon, and it's my JC year Could I do it less often that the rest?
    Last edited by jeperty; 08-25-2010 at 11:43 PM.
    Metal Gear Solid : The Actual Remake (10%)

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 630
    Overall activity: 55.0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    Grayspence
    Blog Entries

Default Ooh! Oh! Pick me!

I assure you that I play most, if not all levels this site reccomends. Great levels are picked each week, and that must be a heavy work load for all of you. I have been reviewing levels for over a year now, and every review I have given has gotten a positive feedback. Ill give you a few examples.

Feeback example #1:
    Loch'd up was an absolutely fantastic level. The visuals reminded me of a Mediamolecule level, and the gameplay was top notch. The music was well placed, but I felt as if the boss needed a different track other than "deep blue quay" Try something like "battles", or maybe even something from the mavel pack to add some more intensity to the boss.
    One game breaking bug: At the end of the level, my friend joined and the screen went really dark and I couldnt see anything. I popped after a few minutes of trying to find m way around and spawned underneath the metal bar that ends the upwards chase scene. It looks as if the checkpoint would move, but it didnt. I could move and had to restart. Other than a slight bug, This level is a perfect example of how good gamplay and storytelling can come together and create an amazing level. 's and a big Amazing work!

Feedback example #2:

The post apocalyptic feel of "The Final Hour" is maintained with the slight MM style of challenges.
    Swinging from fallen buildings, dodging explosions, and manuvering tricky landscapes is the name of the game here, and it certainly doesnt dissapoint. The obstacles are persistant throughout the level, which gives the strong feeling of navigating a destroyed city. Visuals were a unique style of half realistic and half craft world-ish (is that a word? ) Anyway, this is a top notch level, if your looking for hectic fun, with some unique visuals, check this one out follks! This ones a
    surefire way to entertain!
    and a big ol' from me!

Feedback Example #3:
    Wooden Buttons:

Okay, I played it a few days ago, and what can I say, That was one fun level!
    Like her other levels, this one maintains the fun and Original style the fenderjt seems to include in every section of this level. The puzzles were always fresh and felt brand new. The art style is not my thing, but on this occasion it was a pleasure to see. The title serves the level right as the buttons and wood combo makes the levels appearance very much more impressive. The puzzles went well with the level, and I was thouroughly entertained the whole way through.

All in all, once again fenderjt serves up a steaming hot helping of fun with a side of great visuals.

's and a from me! Absolutley fantastic and a pleasure to play!
    Last edited by grayspence; 08-26-2010 at 01:09 AM.
    Spotlighter for LBPC,
    Aspiring Level Designer,
    All around nice guy

My Levels In LBP1:
    Crazy Canyons! [SPOTLIGHT NOD]
    My levels in LBP2:

19. Thanks!

Well it seems I have some free time and Sabre and I play all the levels anyway so this would just be routine play with extra writing/ typing. My only rough spot probably would be that I have not work on excel in a long time. It doesn't hurt to try though.

My examples:
    Granite Gardens
    B&W Planet 3
    The Distant Crystal

21. Thanks!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast