Results 76 to 90 of 472
Thread: DarkDedede's Review Shop.
- Join Date
- Feb 2010
If you have some free-time on your hands would you mind reviewing "Innocent! Part 1: Escape!(1PLAYER)(2 player may lag)" by me, it's my first level and I think it might have some (OK LOTS) of flaws but I cant see them from a creator's point of view. (crosses fingers)
Last edited by PLASMA-BLADE; 10-12-2010 at 05:54 AM. Reason: changed level title due to 2 player lag problems
Nice to see my levels finally make it into the "Currently Being Reviewed" phase.
- Join Date
- Jan 2010
I'd like to have my level "Trial of the Water Dragon reviewed". It is a simple water platforming/puzzle level. There is a good bit of swimming but bubbles to collect along the way. I think it's a pretty unique level with a good looking design. Was trying to go for a pop up book look. I welcome any criticism as I love my level and I'm bias so other view points are always welcome. I'd especially like to know what you think about the end as I'm pretty sure there is currently nothing like that in LBP. I could be wrong.
Level Name: Trial of the Water Dragon
PSN ID: Quess_is_Baked
New review up.
I also am trying out this neat reference tool to help me with my reviews. I figured I'd try something new. It's basically a deck of cards, each with a set of questions concerning an aspect of game design. Here's the link to the official website, if you'd like to check it out. Link
And here's a sample of one of the cards.
- Join Date
- Jul 2010
- Blog Entries
I really like the tips that those cards give. very cool.
By the way... I looked at your latest review and... some of the screenshots you took look like something i've seen before...
Last edited by ShamgarBlade; 10-13-2010 at 05:11 AM.
Yeah, all those temple levels are starting to all look the same. There are so many of them published.
If the designer is going to make a temple level, they need to add some aspect to it to set it apart from the rest of the pack. Pretty scenery and the "Velvet Room" music just doesn't cut it.
Basic Platformer: The Movie: The Game by UltimateClay
You’ll have to excuse me for being blunt
Level Completed Gifts: */2
Collected All Gifts: */1
Aced Level Gifts: */2
Prizes Worth Metioning Nope
Prizes Requested: Nope [/spoiler]
Maybe I’m just not in the best of moods, but this level gave me a headache. Not because it was bad, but because it could have been so much better. I suppose this level could be summed up by calling it “a poor man’s Onion Gale.” I could elaborate more, but I think I’m going to get to the bulletpoints. This level needs some more thought, love, and effort put into the design, stat.
- A good start, but not properly executed.
- Death “wah-wah” sound effect.
- 2-player obstacle added.
- Very long level.
- Music choices did not support the pace, or the theme.
- Music choices got progressively worse as the level went on.
- Too many invisible walls.
- Camera used as a hazard.
- Some areas too dark to see properly.
- Not all prizes named.
- Repetative, and sometimes unforgiving hazards.
- Background choice was strange, and didn’t fit the theme well
Originality: 2/5 ★★
Gameplay/Implementation: 2/5 ★★
Level Design/Communication: 2/5 ★★
Scenery/Presentation: 1/5 ★
Ratings Explanation & Tips
OVERALL SCORE: 2/5 ★★ Congrats, you made an obstacle course.
Now make it better.
[Level not hearted/Author not hearted]
- Think of ways to make the visuals more interesting (less boring). There’s nothing wrong with having a “basic” theme. However, there’s a difference between basic, and boring. Having a more interesting theme will keep the views more engaged, and curious about what will happen next.
- Don’t rely on invisible walls to guide your players. If you really want to restrict your players movement, try to dream up more creative means of doing so.
- Choose more appropriate music, period.
- Be more creative with your hazards, period.
- Left Field Suggestion: You might want to consider a way to make the hazards behave differently each time the player starts the level.
- Try not to make the obstacles too long, especially not without having a checkpoint. I know this makes the level more (*gasp*) forgiving, but helps alleviate some of the frustration that players may feel due to the difficulty. It would also keep the player from becoming too bored.
- Some additional direction would help to guide the player through some of the more confusing parts (the bomb area comes to mind). I would suggest visual cues, because not all your players are guaranteed to understand English.
It’s all downhill from here
P.S. I know there's a #2 after this level, but after taking all I can take from that one, I don't think there's anything that hasn't already been said previously, in this review and in others.
4 - 28 - 39 - 92 - 93
- Join Date
- Nov 2009
- Blog Entries
Wait? Some of the prizes are un named? Thats strange.
Also, there are some points that I felt like I should point out with your review that I disagree with, not trying to sound rude.
-The level is suppose to be mind numbingly hard
-The theme was suppose to seem basic and inviting to make the player seem like the level would be fun and easy at first
Other than that, thanks for the critique. AT this point I wasnt really an epic level creator (still not really, but ive improved) and still learning alot of the ropes. Ill remember this advice!
Last edited by Testudini; 10-15-2010 at 01:45 PM.
I suppose you don't have to agree with me, especially since it was your design.
However, just remember that there is a difference between "fun and challenging" and "frustrating and boring." Just because a level is "LOL super hard" doesn't mean that it should be used as an excuse not to execute the design more successfully. If you're content with your target audience being those that enjoy a "LOL hard" challenge, just for the sheer thrill of doing another "LOL hard" challenge, then I suppose that's your right. You'll have to forgive me for expecting a bit more.
Hey, dude, I would actually like to request another review. It's not a review for a level of mine, though.
This friend of mine has this series of levels, and he has put lots of love and work on it. Problem is, he has had trouble getting decent feedback for his levels. The guy just has bad luck. So, I am here to request that you write one of your awesome reviews for his stuff.
Is it possible to request a review for someone else's levels? I am requesting it in his place because he thinks that the reviews posted on the Reviews section of this website are not usually worthwhile, and I also want the review to come off as a surprise gift of sorts.
Would you do it?
If you're willing to do it, the series is called Red Eagle, and the author name is haredriel. The series is composed of three rather long levels: The Hero, B2 Bermuda and Angel of Death.
If you're not feeling very energic, you could just write a review for Angel of Death, as it's been published very recently and he's craving for feedback on it.
Yeah, no problem, I know it's going to be a while before you get around to reviewing them. xD No need to rush here.
Thanks for accepting the "job."
- Join Date
- Sep 2010
I've seen many of your reviews and they're good quality
I would be grateful if you found the time to review my level. It's called The Perilous Predicament of Scallywag Rootbeard! by iisc2k7.
It's a pirate-style level with different environments and a 2-player area. There's more info here if you're interested:http://www.littlebigland.com/forum/v...hp?f=11&t=4982
P.S. I'm pretty sure all my prize objects are named but if they are not be sure to tell me!
Last edited by Yessir_23; 10-20-2010 at 09:37 AM.
- Join Date
- Aug 2010
Hi DarkDedede, can you review my 3 levels when you will have a time? I created 7 levels already but I think these 3 are really good (gameplay).
1) BEST CREATED CONNECT FOUR (2P ONLY), it is very professional made classic game connect-4, the best in LBP.
2) LITTLE BIG PYRAMID: TEMPLE OF TUTANKHAMUN (LONG HARD EPIC LEVEL), this level is very, very long and inc 20 various chapters!!!, there is elements of skill, some bosses and the most original puzzles ever. If you like various gameplay, tricky levels, smart puzzles, some chalenges, long adventures, fun storylines (sackboy talking to you, lots of situation jokes) and you are looking for a something new what you never seen before then you will love this level.
3) LITTLE BIG PYRAMID 2: SECRET OF CLEOPATRA (LONG HARD EPIC LEVEL), read on top, level is the same good as 1st part of pyramid!!!
Coming this year, I hope very soon LITTLE BIG PYRAMID 3: MYSTERIOUS SKULLS (LONG HARD EPIC LEVEL)!!!
Thanks a lot if you will have a time.
Last edited by GILUPL; 10-26-2010 at 09:23 PM.