Results 331 to 345 of 472
Thread: DarkDedede's Review Shop.
- Join Date
- Oct 2011
- Random Land.
- Blog Entries
Follow me on Twitter @ValesView.
New Level! Trash tumbler
Thanks a bunch for the review Dark. Lemme tell you off the bat that the next part is a LONG LOOONNNGG ways off. I've actually sort of made it 2 times already but wasn't pleased with either iterations. I only want to put out stuff I'm happy with.
I am, I just haven't been that timely when it comes to completing them (I'm a terrible person, I know). I've been in somewhat of a LBP sabbatical, and playing other games.
It's funny how when I'm criticizing certain design choices in LBP community levels, for my reviews, I see the same mistakes from the other games I play, and these games are made by professionals. I blame all you people for having me grow standards.
- Join Date
- May 2011
Not a terrible person, this aint a full time job. Take as much time as you want with it. Besides, if my level got reviewed straight away it wold have got a shambolic review, ive made it 100x better in every way since I first asked for a review.
Hi all. Planning on getting some new reviews posted soon.
For those that have requests for me from before, let me know if you're still interested in a review. Even though I plan on reviewing them all, I'm going to give higher priority to those members that are still active.
- Join Date
- Aug 2009
- Blog Entries
I would like it if you could review my level. It is called The House of 1000 Skulls and there is a sub level called 6 Rooms of Sacrifice along with it. I love your reviews and would love to hear what you think! Thanks!
The House of 1000 Skulls by xiSiCx
CATEGORY: Haunted Labyrinth
Last Updated: 25 Jan 2012
So I woke up in this unfamiliar place, and apparently I’ve been kidnapped. I suppose since someone has gone through all the trouble, I may as well get out to live (and to review another day).
As I am doing my best to navigate all the puzzles (and tolerate the stairs), the question that I’m asking myself isn’t whether or not I have what it takes to escape this level. The real question is does this level have what it takes to make me want to escape again?
- Title sequence was a nice touch
- Nice variety of puzzles
- Everything did work.
- Lack of direction leads to confusion
- Constant backtracking can become tedious
- Level may be a bit too long for some
- Stairs are annoying
- Some text was not up long enough to read
- I saw nowhere near the number of skulls promised in the title (false advertising)
After all those stairs, it was tempting... (I kid, I kid)
Concept/Originality: 3/5 ★★★
Gameplay/Implementation: 3/5 ★★★
Level Design/Communication: 2/5 ★★
Aesthetic/Presentation: 2/5 ★★
Ratings Explanation & Tips
OVERALL SCORE: 2/5 ★★
[Level not hearted/Author not hearted]
- This level can use more work in the area of personality and atmosphere. It’s by far not the worst level level I’ve ever played. However, I think that investing more into the visual aesthetics can really make it shine. It would definitely give it something to make it stand out from all the rest of the haunted mansion type levels out there.
- Some extra hints could help the player navigate a bit easier. Even if it’s subtle, any type of visual cue would be a welcome addition to the level. The problem I had with the text hints was that they would only show up once. Sometimes I would miss them completely (if I wasn’t paying attention, or pressed the button too soon). A more permanent reference for hints would be very helpful
- Just a suggestion, but you may want to change up the music as the player progresses through the level. It may help set the mood, and to make the experience a bit more engaging.
- I’m not sure if I’ve ever mentioned it before, but I really hate the font choices that are available in this game. I’m sure you’re creative enough to assemble your own letters to fit the scenery. The bland black-letter type just doesn’t seem to fit.
Your level wasn’t bad. It’s was actually fairly decent. However, I did see many areas that could use some improving. Moving forward, you (and anyone else reading this) should consider the following, when making your future design choices.
First, is your work engaging enough for the player to want to play actually want to finish it? What have you done to ensure that you get your players attention once they’ve stumbled onto your work? Assuming you were lucky enough to get the players attention, what have you done to ensure that you keep their attention? What fun and challenging experience have you provided that will make your player more willing to not only stay in the level, but to actually stay long enough to see what’s in the next room?
Now, I understand that you may want your level to be challenging. However, you should also take care in making sure that your player is actually enjoying the challenge. Frustrate with caution, and in moderation. Not every player is as patient and willing to muddle through a puzzle as I am. Odds are, given the right amount of frustration, most will simply leave the level, never come back, and not lose any sleep in the process.
Second, is your level fun and engaging enough that the player will want to go through the entire thing again (replay value)? Assuming you kept the player engaged, all the way to the end, did you give them an experience worth their time? If not, what can be improved?
Just a couple things to chew on. I hope that you find some insight in the advice I have given.
The name of the level is Playstation Home Beta it's like the real one and it would be nice if you could review it because I'm making a new free roam and I want feedback on this one so I know what I did wrong and did right
Here's the link to lbp.me
http://lbp.me/v/3bnkb8The Heart Break Kid will live on forever
If you could review my level in this thread here:
It would be much appreciated!
UPDATE: It occured to me it wasn't you who reviewed it before. So if you wouldn't mind reviewing it it'd be awesome!
Here's the lbp.me link if you don't feel like going to the thread:
Last edited by hellfire; 01-31-2012 at 06:02 PM. Reason: realized error
- Join Date
- May 2011
My level, Megaman music 2 still needs a review thanks.