Megaman 2 Music by Hes_A_Lop
Last Updated: 07/Dec/2011
[spoiler]Music and Stuff[/spoiler]
This is a music gallery level. So far there is a series of four levels, displaying the soundtrack from the first four Mega Man games (NES). From what I’ve checked, the music is pretty spot on. The composer does a great interpretation of the music.
That said, I think that this gallery could be improved in areas of both interactive and usability. The design is very good, as is. However, I feel that more can be done to not only make it more user-friendly, but also make the experience much more engaging.
- Megaman Music
- Visual theme is loyal to the series
- Nothing else to do, besides listen to music
- Platform area in beginning seemed a bit pointless.
Why is this here?
Concept/Originality: 3/5 ★★★
Gameplay/Implementation: 2/5 ★★
Level Design/Communication: 3/5 ★★★
Aesthetic/Presentation: 3/5 ★★★
Ratings Explanation & Tips
OVERALL SCORE: 3/5 ★★★
[Level not hearted/Author hearted]
- I realize that you chose the teleporter area, since it is the same in the actual game, but I really wasn’t that fond of it. It would have been nice if there was some indication for which boss the teleporter took you to. It would have also been nice if there was some indication of what rooms that I’ve already been to. It would help prevent going to the same boss room twice.
- Work on ways to make the navigation easier. I would even dare to suggest scraping the teleporter room altogether. I would try to design a menu select interface, similar to the boss selection screen. You already have the assets, all that you would need is to work out the programming.
- I would do something with the black background. It would make the experience more visually engaging. Music is nice, but having something more to look at would add to the nostalgia factor.
- As for the pixel visuals, again, I realize you did it for nostalgia and all that. However, I think it would be neat if you could find a way to build each boss theme room with actual LBP materials. It would be an interesting experiment to see if you could successfully fuse the two styles. I know you put a lot of work into your pixel stickers. I just think it would really make the visuals pop if you could pull it off.
- Try to implement the controlinator so that you don’t have to use the teleporter room. For example, pressing R1 or L1 will teleport the player to the next room. Shortcuts are always a welcome addition to any navigation. This is a music gallery, after all. Try to make it work like an actual playlist. Oh, and don’t forget to label your controls so they display on screen.
Results 1 to 15 of 472
Thread: DarkDedede's Review Shop.
- Join Date
- Oct 2008
- Blog Entries