BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Steam Paint - Locomotive Leviathan

Steam Paint - Locomotive Leviathan by croissantbuncake
    Ok so due to key issues I've decided to go ahead and unlock my latest level, Steam Paint - Locomotive Leviathan.
    This is my second steampunk level and takes place amongst the wreckage of a colossal train. This thing is so big, it even carries other trains!!!
    Contains plenty of shooting action, as well as a chase scene, platforming, swinging mail bags, 2 mini bosses and some incredible scenery!!! These pics can't do the level justice due to the amount of lighting effects that won't show through in LBP screenshots.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by croissantbuncake; 08-28-2010 at 08:18 AM.

Waiting for LBP3 patch !! mistervista's Avatar
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 195
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Recommendation Second Class 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    mistervista

Good to hear. I couldn't have played it because of the key bug. I'm amazed Mm haven't fixed it yet because it's a major bug.

I'll play this later, thanks.
    Sig by Rhyfelwr
    : HOMAGE 1: " Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea", Sheriff Sack 2: On the trail of Texas Jack,Pirates Of The Caribbean - Part 1: The Compass and Jack Sparrow, PLASMAVILLE-Winner of Sackcast Gadders Trial , Sheriff Sack: Cleaning up the town of Sackwood.

I played it when it was in testing, and I absolutely loved it. Great graphics and amazing, mind-blowing objects and enemies.

Loved the mechs and the gameplay felt very natural and not tacked on(I could believe that I could be swinging along parts on the inside of an overturned carriage).

The only problem was on the fight with the second large mech, I managed to find a part of the scenery where I could fall out the level

Besides that little problem, 5 stars and heart
    Coming soon:

PSP:
    Back Down Under:
    http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/sho...ack-Down-Under

PS3:
    Crane Capers(Survival Challenge)

I just played your level and here is my feedback

Positives:
    +3D layer Usage looked really good
    +Detail was great
    +train chase was awesome
    +Turret Guns were nicely built
    +Visuals look great overall
    +Gameplay was perfect
    +Platforming was fun

Overall this is a Must Play:

This looks incredible! It's on my list for today!

edit: OK, here we go!

I don't need to tell you that the level is breathtaking aesthetically. Amazing!

The wheels I had to ride were tricky. Thanks for the infinite checkpoint.

I'm strolling along admiring this beautifully rendered steampunk train, and the platform tilts and the thing starts chasing me! I love it!

Right after the train chase, there's a giant laser cannon/engine of death. I can't seem to figure out where to hit it. I got frustrated and jumped AT the thing... straight through the level and to the creation floor. Might want to look into that.

Handed the controller to my wife, and she killed the gun. :P

But I killed the second one all on my own. Took a lot of hits. I guess I just needed to be persistant, but the level is so loud that it's hard to hear the paint-drop indicators that you're hitting the right thing.

No major complaints, though. It's a wonderfully chaotic and adrenaline charged level, with much to see and run from!
    and a , easy!
    Last edited by SpeedyMcKnuckles; 08-28-2010 at 07:38 PM.
    Try out Invasion of the Sack Men From Space!
    http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/sho...Men-From-Space

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 904
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    piggabling
    Blog Entries

Woah! Very nice level! Great atmoshere, platforming, bosses, chaoticness, and action sequences! Especially liked the falling train; awesome... The chase seen right before it; awesome, too... Level; awesome. Period.

Okay, almost period. The only things that bugged me the slightest bit were the bosses. The were just too similar. Not the appearance, but the gameplay aspect. They were just a little too alike in my opinion.

Still was just a great, great level. Definitely seemed like you put a lot of time into it.

and

This needs more recognition from the community!

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 886
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    GreatWhite000

That was mind blowingly epic. 5 stars and a heart.
    PSN: GreatWhite000 - Feel free to add, I use a mic.
    Twitter: @KamronSchrader

LBPC 4 year member!

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 496
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    nitewalker11
    Blog Entries

The train chase was so amazing. It was awesome to see it plummet into that hole. This level was downright awesome, to say the least. 5*, hearted

On the first look the visuals might look a little blunt; but the flickering lightning and shades of red light sure fix that out.
    The visuals have very great detail and steampunk in them, and the sounds and choice of music support them perfectly. The level is perfect eyecandy.
    The turrets had a very detailed steampunk feel in them too, even though they shoot plazmas, (hot steam?). The gameplay was very nicely integrated in the visuals and functionality. Plus the excellent use of the 3D glitch. What not to like?

If there was 6 stars, you'd get them, but no

and an obvious

Did I mention it has awesome machinery?
    – also known as @_ardeej

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Your First Group 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    Blackfalcon007
    Blog Entries

Looks beautiful, might try and give it a go some time soon!

My Blog: How Not To Create A Level

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 637
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    Ungreth

Excellent. Just the kind of eye candy I can appreciate. Train looked awesome. Paintball gameplay against the mechs was not quite my cup of tea, a bit repetitive, but I loved the beam and flare effect you used there. 3D effects were suberbly done, although it was hard to identify the playable layers and this affected the flow of the action at times. However, that's more of an issue with 3D layers generally than any error on your part, and it all looked so cool it was worth the trade off IMO.

Playing with PBS and Bremnan last night, we found a way to drop out of the bottom of the scenery to the level floor (by the first mech with a charge beam I think) and also a way to bypass the final mech enemy before the scoreboard, by using the springboard below to boost jump to the legde above it.

Anyway, a fantastic looking level, and despite some minor flaws it was certainly deserving of

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 230
    PSN
    croissantbuncake

mistervista: Thanks vista!

PaddyJ: Thanks Paddy! I'll give that a look, did it involve over shootingg the section from the bounce pad?

Sabre_: Thanks Sabre!

Salaciouscrumbcake: Thanks! I deliberately set the target number high on the steam mechs, to reflect how terrifying they are when you first encounter them. I'll look into fixing that gap also.

Piggabling: Thanks! Regarding the bosses, I didn't see them so much as bosses but more as a sort of tank, mass produced and therefore identical.

-DR-: Thanks DR!

Nitewalker: Thanks!

coasterfreak: Care to elaborate on what you mean by blunt? Thanks!

Blackfalcon: Do!!

Ungreth: Thanks!! Was the first gap between the mech's legs? That second one seems to be a recurring problem, I'll definately look into that!

Thanks guys!!

This level is amazing.

The visuals were exceptional because the materials perfectly fit and the good use of stickers and decorations gave the level a great atmosphere. You used very good the corner edit tool and made a nice work with the 3D layer glitch. The camera angle suited the whole level along those great presentations like the train one.

The game-play was good but i thought at times that the level got a bit repetitive and i think you should give the player more things to do cause at some moments it could get boring, despite this i think it got some pretty nice plat-forming with contraptions that fit the level.

Overall i rated it 5* and tagged brilliant, good job keep it up!

Also, when you swing across the sacks in the train carriage, I managed to break one of them(don't know how).
    Coming soon:

PSP:
    Back Down Under:
    http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/sho...ack-Down-Under

PS3:
    Crane Capers(Survival Challenge)

PSN
    croissantbuncake

Ferrch: thanks for the feedback!

Paddy: Did you hear a break sound? I know I rigged one to break (the rail dissolves) but I know that if you hit one hard enough it will snap under the force.

The two on the bottom both broke when I played. :P
    Try out Invasion of the Sack Men From Space!
    http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/sho...Men-From-Space

PSN
    croissantbuncake

That should be an easy fix, all I need to do is enlarge the metal pieces that the teabags hang from.

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Your First Group 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    Blackfalcon007
    Blog Entries

Got to play this today, so I'll start by applauding the design; it was cool. REALLY cool. All the little gizmos had the complicated machinery look I try to get, you pulled it off so well! I'm afraid I wasn't too taken by the gameplay. No fault of your own, believe me, it's just the whole shoot like hell-take cover-shoot like hell style gameplay never was my thing. And this was the sort of level that kills me a lot; mish-mash scenery (it was done brilliantly) always gets me, can never really tell where to jump! Also I had no idea what to shoot on any of the cannon things, which was a bit of a turn-off for me, as there was no skill involved on my part.

I'm sorry, I'm coming across very negatively. It really was a top-notch level, don't mind my opinions! I had fun playing it, great atmosphere and some interesting platforming. Nice one!

My Blog: How Not To Create A Level

Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 325
    PSN
    Weretigr
    Blog Entries

Wow! That looks brilliant!! That looks like the kind of level that could really inspire me! I'll play it when I get chance!
    Be the one who nurtures and builds. Be the one who has an understanding and a forgiving heart. One who looks for the best in people. Leave people better than you found them.”
    — Marvin J. Ashton

Contact me: @dayneoram

LBPC MINECRAFT SERVER
    198.12.70.37:8123

(May be discontinued.. It's been a while..)

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 519
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    PSN
    XFrogBoyX
    Blog Entries

Wow!!, is what I said upon entering this level, the visuals for this were phenomenal, awesome lighting and material choice! Most creators are too lazy and never bother to try and use the corner editor,but you definitely aren't one of those people! The rock material was corner edited to perfection! I knew that I'd have to heart this level when the chas scene started. My only complaint is that shooting the turrets began a little repetitive near the end, but all of the other awesomeness totally made up for that! Obviously, I rated the level , and gave the level a .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast