BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Junior Sackperson

PSN
    Kibbles01
    Blog Entries

Default A better top ranked system. "Cool Levels"

I wish they would fix that, or at least i hope they already have. In the beta i would see the same levels up on the front of the cool levels page. Be nice if they would have some other ones up there too, know what I mean?

ya thy should fix tht

Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 214
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    snrm007
    Blog Entries

really? i didnt encounter this in the beta

new levels just kept coming up on the cool levels part.

♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣ ♥♦

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 623
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

I noticed this too. I'm waiting to see what they changed since the beta before making a judgment though. In the beta I started to browse randomly with keywords or by linking through peoples favorite levels.

I guess with more and more people playing the top 10 will change pretty fast. If they stick to the current system it may take awhile before a regular pattern of hot levels starts to emerge but I don't expect anything short of chaos for the first month.

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 615
    Overall activity: 0%
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    oooDorienooo

You's do know that there was 10 pages of cool levels right???
    You just press R1 - L1 (if my memory severs me right) and you can flick through the 10 different pages.
    Guessing this is just the top 200ish levels as there was about 20 levels on each page (very rough guess lol)
    But i guess the reason the cool levels stay roughly the same is that most people just go straight there and play them levels so they are always gonna get more and more plays therefore it will be hard for levels to catch up to this kind of level of plays

So i guess they're gonna have to find a better way to get the newer cool levels that people make visible to people to play in the first place
    The ghost of LBPC past.................

I noticed they kept alot of the highly played levels up but every now and again there was one new level sitting on its own somewhere on the LittleBigGlobe
    God Said: "Let there be LittleBigPlanet!" and so there was a reason to live in this world!

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 615
    Overall activity: 0%
    PSN
    oooDorienooo

Quote Originally Posted by lordflash11 View Post
    I noticed they kept alot of the highly played levels up but every now and again there was one new level sitting on its own somewhere on the LittleBigGlobe
    Yeah i did notice this actually now thinking about it. Sometime they would just pop up on there with no or very few plays. Maybe this is MM hand picking levels themselves they found that they thought deserved to be seen ?????? IDK
    Tell you the truth i didn't really play too much as i used to mess about with create most of the time.
    The ghost of LBPC past.................

maybe MM can appoint some people (like popular creators) and have them appoint some sort of admins which can put a level straight in the cool section, though I doubt they will do this.
    PSN ID: MatthijsNL

Games I own: Burnout paradise, Battlefield:bad company, GTA4, CoD4,Motorstorm, Resistance, Warhawk, LocoRoco, PixeljunkMonsters, SuperStardusHD, Ratchet and Clank: Queest for Booty

Junior Sackperson

PSN
    Kibbles01
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dorien View Post
    Yeah i did notice this actually now thinking about it. Sometime they would just pop up on there with no or very few plays. Maybe this is MM hand picking levels themselves they found that they thought deserved to be seen ?????? IDK
    Tell you the truth i didn't really play too much as i used to mess about with create most of the time.
    No those are fresh levels. They were just made. Lol I would republish my level ten times, just so it would stay on the front page lol.

Quote Originally Posted by dorien View Post
    You's do know that there was 10 pages of cool levels right???
    You just press R1 - L1 (if my memory severs me right) and you can flick through the 10 different pages.
    Guessing this is just the top 200ish levels as there was about 20 levels on each page (very rough guess lol)
    But i guess the reason the cool levels stay roughly the same is that most people just go straight there and play them levels so they are always gonna get more and more plays therefore it will be hard for levels to catch up to this kind of level of plays

So i guess they're gonna have to find a better way to get the newer cool levels that people make visible to people to play in the first place
    No I didn't know you could flick through different pages, thanks for the heads up.

Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 214
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    PSN
    snrm007
    Blog Entries

hmm weird because seriously when i had beta after i played a level it completly dissapeared and new levels kept coming!

♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣ ♥♦

Half of them are either utter crap, or free trophy levels :\

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 572
    Overall activity: 1.0%

PSN
    aer0blue
    Blog Entries

My level didnt last a DAY on the Cool Levels section... Like, after 2 hours I was down to like Page 10+...