Hello everyone! Alright, so I was able to Republish Tekno Fortress under my original PSN, aer0blue. I will no longer use aer0blueEU and will probably lock the level on that account. Either search for me, give me an add on PSN, tell me through here, anything. Posting this for a number of reasons:
- Whoever did not get the chance to play on the Beta can try it out.
- Being the finalized version, whoever tried the previous versions can now check out the new stuff, so give it a shot guys, and let me know what you think!
- As before, I will no longer use aer0blueEU.
- A little extra: new, better music... xD
Also, the transition from Beta to the Retail game brought the level a number of bugs, such as the LBPC sticker being backwards and some objects that were spawning were breaking. Odd... Down below is the information taken from the original thread.
**WARNING** Spoilers ahead!! Watch at your own risk.The final version of Tekno Fortress has been published. It's not v2.0, not v1.95... Just plain ol' Tekno Fortress. It includes more prizes, visual enhancements, difficulty adjustments, among other things. It's still far from perfect, but after all of your help (all you people that played, I mean!), I finally got to improve on it... a LOT! I won't be working anymore on it probably. I may remake it later on when the game comes out, or I may do a sort of "Return to Tekno Fortress" kind of thing. I'm just glad this level will make it to the retail version. Hoping people like it then, too. xD!
For any that don't know, Tekno Fortress is a behemoth of a level that was inspired by many original 2D platforming games, so see if you can spot which one influenced on what! It also includes puzzles, branching paths, story, a secret boss, a LOT of prizes, and much, much more! Regarding the story, it's a sort of prequel to the upcoming chapters I'll be working on after the game's release. The level took me about 40 hours to make and an additional 8-9 hours of tweaking. It filled up the whole thermometer of a Medium-sized crater. The video of the level is down below.
Spoiler - Level Images (click here!)
[Watch YouTube Video]
Spoiler - Notes about the video: (click here!)
- The video was recorded using v1.7 of the level. It was missing some graphical enhancements, as well as a checkpoint or two. The finalized version has better camera angles, too, among other stuff. Minor things, but still there.
- The visuals can clearly be improved, but right now, on the finalized version, I'm nearly reaching the limit of my thermometer, not to mention it'd be too complicated right now to make it look better. Lesson learned: Do things separately... Do not make objects "complicated", as the game calls them.
- It only shows about 60% of the level, obviously omitting two of the paths, the secret boss, hidden prizes and the Creator Comments section right at the beginning.
- Being v1.7, it does not include a new room that replaces the one near the end where a fore-layer blocks the player's view.
- Lastly, I'd like to apologize for the in-game text. It's not readable at all on the video, so you won't get to know anything about the storyline.
Well, I would like to thank all of you guys that played my level. You let me know that my level is decent and that I can keep on making stuff when the game is released. Thanks for being such a great community, LBPC!!
This is only the beginning for all of us!
"Thank you for playing!"
Results 1 to 15 of 30
Thread: Tekno Fortress
- Join Date
- Oct 2008
- Blog Entries
This was going to be the next level I was going to check out. Right after I get this mic working, that is. Saw the video a few weeks ago before I joined LBPC and been excited about it since.
In theory one is aware that the earth revolves, but in practice one does not perceive it, the ground upon which one treads seems not to move, and one can live undisturbed. So it is with Time in one's life. ~Marcel Proust, The Past Recaptured, 1927
This is the best level I played in the beta. You rock Mr. Aeroblue, you rock.A Proud Participant of The 2008 LittleBetaPlanet Wars
Only I May Dance
Haha, I played this in the beta as well. Awesome work, especially since I'm a big fan of platforming.
It filled up the whole thermometer of a Medium-sized crater.
Alright everyone, I republished the level successfully under my original PSN!! Check the first post for details. :]
Anyway, on to donkey's question...
Haha, that's a crazy(in a good way) looking level!PSN - ChazzlaWazzla
It was awesome. Really challenging, too. You didn't reuse obstacles over and over again to the point of becoming boring, either. It's overall an amazing level, and its length is one of the factors that makes it so.
Got a chance to play this last night, and I thought it was really well made. Provided a great challenge and was overall a very enjoyable level. Looking forward to some more from you
- Join Date
- Nov 2008
- Central City, USA (AKA St. Louis, MO)
I played through the entire level, but I'm definitely going to try the other routes.
It's a fairly difficult level at some parts, but it's a good kind of difficulty. Not one where it's hard because the level is poorly done, but one that's challenging and rewarding. I like searching for hidden goodies and entering secret areas. Linearity is a pet peeve of mine.
I know what you mean about not getting enough people to view your work. Anyone who poured their heart into something they're proud of knows what you mean. I'd love to have the entire world view my upcoming series of levels, and currently my pet project is my blog which I'm proud of and like people to view just like a creator and his/her levels.
BTW, I really liked the spinning boss with the electrical arms played with a jetpack. May I use that idea for one of my own bosses? Would be a great machine for a Dr. Robotnik-type character.
Keep up the good work!