BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire & Ice

Default Fire & Ice

Fire & Ice by Morgana25
    An abstract platformer of moderate difficulty for most players. Featuring loads of custom stickers, many "secret" bonus bubbles and a time mode. Platforming uses fire jumps, ice sliding, timed areas, and other challenges. Hopefully you'll find it to be a fun and action packed level.

Well I wanted to take a little break from the dragons and try and make a level that was fun to play and had a focus on custom stickers, and had limited lights and materials - Fire & Ice is what it became. Originally I set out with the idea of making a hard core platformer but over it's development I scaled back the difficulty a bit and decided to make a level that, while still remaining challenging for most players, would be finishable by the majority of players who are familiar with the game. It sort of uses techniques from "hard" levels that I tried to use in a way that took the frustrating part out. I guess you guys will be the judges as to whether I've succeeded in that.

I'm not going to take credit for the coolest parts of this level - it's platforming. A lot of the innovative work was made by comphermc, with specific parts by toykyomegaplex, Fishrock123, & xTrophx. Chances are if you say "oh, neat" on something, it's one of these gentlemen you should thank. Also want to thank emoguy for the awesome spinning checkpoints, Schrader4 for the mini race gate, and my testers, Jwwphotos, NinjaMicWZ, Schrader4 , Fishrock123, claptonfann, emoguy, xtrophx, Silverleon, creator430, Inanimacy and a bunch of other people I dragged through while it was in it's unfinished state. Thanks Guys!

Media

I'm still new to the whole video editing thing so be gentle.

Video Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwBwzJW9NMk

Photos:

Thanks for playing and commenting everyone! Hope you like it

Last edited by Morgana25; 10-12-2010 at 05:06 PM.

LBPCentral Creator Spotlight CrewUniverseUnderConstruction jwwphotos's Avatar
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 302
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Blog Entries

Who's the cute little sackgirl in the pics? lol

Yay! It is out! I will go play here in a bit. Congrats!
    (aka jww) - Published Levels
    Space Escape (spotlighted!) // Space Escape II (spotlighted!)
    Survival Line (spotlighted!) // Space Escape Pinball (spotlighted! Mm Picked!)
    Trapped (spotlighted! vita)

3. Thanks!

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 567
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    XFrogBoyX
    Blog Entries

Looks like another masterpiece Morgana! Can't wait to give a play!
    Tan is banned from both the LBPC Server and the LBplanetarium Server, Hahahahahhahahhaha!!!!!

5. Thanks!

Hey its published, yay!
    A well-made, vividly decorated and fun to play level, what else could you ask for?

(Sure gonna miss hanging out with you guys in that level. )

7. Thanks!

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 881
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    napero7
    Blog Entries

If it would be possible here, I would hit the "add to queue" button...
    But yeah, I will play this, those pictures are just way too awesome. Nice sackgirl you have there
    Follow me on twitter, I might have something to say...
    ...or tumblr, maybe?

9. Thanks!

Sackperson Private

PSN
    NinjaMicWZ
    Blog Entries

lol

i think this level is everything about morgana's style wrapped up in one.

11. Thanks!

Would you say we would need an Icy Hot patch after playing this? (I know lame,lol)

Ill love a challenge so ill check it out right away.

13. Thanks!

Sackperson Private

PSN
    NinjaMicWZ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by L1GhTmArE View Post
    Would you say we would need an Icy Hot patch after playing this? (I know lame,lol)
    that joke was

LBPCentral Creator Spotlight CrewUniverseUnderConstruction jwwphotos's Avatar
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 302
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Blog Entries

I just gave it another place both normal and race modes. Awesome level Morgana and I still think really one of your absolute best. All the fun good stuff boiled down in to fast paced fun with amazing and dizzying spinning colors to guide you to the scoreboard.

Absolute joy to play.. even the fiery parts that burn my slow moving sackboy. lol

50 stars and 10 hearts.
    (aka jww) - Published Levels
    Space Escape (spotlighted!) // Space Escape II (spotlighted!)
    Survival Line (spotlighted!) // Space Escape Pinball (spotlighted! Mm Picked!)
    Trapped (spotlighted! vita)

16. Thanks!

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 567
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    XFrogBoyX
    Blog Entries

Wow! I've just finished playing and I'm stunned. The most detailed abstract platformer that I've ever played. The visuals felt unique and fresh, and the corner-editing was great. It's going to be a lot of fun to try and keep the top score! This has inspired me to begin on a level in this same vein. Great job Morgana! and a .

18. Thanks!

Ah! Just played this. Very colourful level!

If there's any phrase that describes this it would be: "Briliant platforming with excellent visuals".

Probably one of my favorite platforming levels to date. Very nicely done morgana!

100% +
    Last edited by Fishrock123; 10-10-2010 at 11:21 PM.

20. Thanks!

22. Thanks!

Tarsier Level Designer comphermc's Avatar
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 149
    Recommendation Second Class 25000 Experience Points 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points
    PSN
    comphermc
    Blog Entries

The spinny circles of DOOM! fun are the best part. I suppose I need to get back to LBP soon to give it a run through.
    Mm Picks: Roller INC 2 | Wizard: Chapter 1 | LittleBigPrius
    Levels: New! -The Button | The Fourth Wall | The Heist: Making a Withdrawal | Rubik's Tube
    Lbp.me profile: comphermc | LittleBigplanet 2 Create Tutorials: LBPlanetorials

24. Thanks!

Nice, it's done! I've seen little pieces of this over a period of time, but it's great to see it finished. Will check it out tonight.
    F4F Participant
    Levels published: F4F: LIBERATOR - Spotlighted!!!! -, Vectroids - MM Picked!!! Spotlighted!!!! -, Sea Dragon -Spotlighted-, Roll out the Barrel! -Spotlighted-, Splat Invaders III: Insurrection - Spotlighted-, Destiny! -Spotlighted! MM Community pick!-, Vertigo! -Spotlighted-, Splat Invaders Saga -Spotlighted! IGN Pick!-, Splat Invaders II: The Caverns of Splat -Spotlighted!-, Tiger Woods Mini Golf -Spotlighted!-, Starship Troopers -Spotlighted!-

26. Thanks!

Ill have to play it again now thats youve published. The visuals really capture the fire and ice theme as well as some of the gameplay elements which works really well. Lots of greate ideas and the addition of the time challenge make it a joy to play. Amazing work .

28. Thanks!

Just played it...Incredible! I loved how you used the scratched steel and glass as it did indeed look like ice. I liked the challenge and the layer switching in the level. Did find a few small hitches. In the beginning after you activate the spinning half circle and go up to the mid layer theres another sponge thats a full circle that spins. Not knowing theres a switch in the front layer i grabbed the sponge and got to the layer above. I couldnt get back down unless i popped. The other is a nicpic. The spinning timed puzzle was confusing at 1st. We never saw that layer rise so we could get to the back layers. It mightve been us being bllinded by your good stickering work. Fantastic level as always. 5 stars and some love.

edit: LOL w/e ninja
    Last edited by L1GhTmArE; 10-11-2010 at 12:13 AM. Reason: ::Smacks Ninjamicwz around::

30. Thanks!

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 465
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    PSN
    v0rtex2002
    Blog Entries

Great looking level, as usual Morgana. I bit too difficult for this clumsy old oaf, but maybe someday I'll make it to the scoreboard (but probably not without help). Heck, I've still got 1/3 of the LBPCTG levels that I can't finish. Anyway... what I saw of it looked fantastic! Kudos to you!

32. Thanks!

I really loved the use of stickers in this level, a look I hadn't seen before.

I want you to do the other elements NAO. Bring on Water & Wind or......

34. Thanks!

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 423
    100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points Created Album pictures 7 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    Lockstitch
    Blog Entries

Wow, so not only was this a great platformer, but it also has a very addicting high-score challenge. It's hard to ace and has lots of combo opportunities but on top of that it makes you choose between getting a higher speed score or stopping to grab the secrets bubbles for score. I'm currently satisfied with my #1 spot, but I'll have to come back once ousted. Haha.

Anyway, overall, excellent platformer, very fresh and fun. 5/5 and hearted.

36. Thanks!

Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    PSN
    Burnvictim42
    Blog Entries

Visually stunning, with some great gameplay devices and addictive bubble combo action, what's not to like? I was constantly debating about whether to break my chain and head for a secret, and every bit of platforming kept me on my toes.

I only had one minor nitpick with the level: There was one part that got me both times- its a pit with spikes in it, right before the part with the flame blocks that move left and right, and I kept jumping in thinking the level went downward. After reaching a spiky doom, I realized my mistake, and mourned my lost combo- perhaps the camera zone could be edited slightly to give a view of the spikes or the platform to the left before running off to your doom? My guess is I was just going too fast for it to pick me up before I reached the edge.

and a , thanks for this hot...err...cool...err... FUN experience
    Last edited by Burnvictim42; 10-11-2010 at 01:56 AM.

38. Thanks!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast