BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Meet The Community Spotlight Crew!

Meet The Staff Community Spotlight Crew!

As if we Spotlight Crew aren't busy enough already, we've all cobbled together to answer all your spotlighting questions.

Unfortunately, we're not immortal moderators so we can't edit our answers into your posts like the Meet the Staff threads you may have seen. Therefore, we'd ask you not to swamp us with reams of questions and posts. We'll try and get back to you as soon as we can.

You could ask a general question or direct your questions at any of the retired or serving Spotlight Crew members (although, for obvious reasons, answers from long-retired members can't be guaranteed!)

Asbestos101, BassDeluxe, CCubbage, Chaz'OSkulls, Clarie, coasterfreak1235, Duffluc, GruntosUK, jeffcu28, Keldur, KQuinn94Z, Mark D., Stroyer, Matt 82, Morgana25, Neverynnal, NinjaMicWZ, OCK, Plasmavore, Powershifter, RangerZero, rtm223, SalieriAAX, smasher, Taffey, TheAdipose, UmJammerSully, VelcroJonze, Whaaaaale, X-FROGBOY-X, Zwollie

AgentBanana, Bremnen, Coxy224, grayspence, Holguin86, Joey, KlawwTheClown, L1GhTmArE, OKING0, OneEyedBanshee, rialrees, Ricky-III, Ryhas, shropshirelass, tanrockstan34, valmassoi

Fire away! (and please, no spamming )
    Last edited by Aya042; 08-30-2011 at 06:06 PM.

Oh my, you spotlighters are too kind! No seriously, why are you so kind?

Also, have you ever had to play like tons of levels at the last minute? D:

Woah, Mark was a Spotlighteer? Muist have just been for only one spotlight, two at the most, cause I don't remember that at all XD. I just remember the Spotlight being a thing and an imagined war in my mind between old LBPC and new LBPC...

... wait, this isn't the thread of reminiscence? I see.

anywho, are you all legally insane to be doing this? I dare say you must be.

This statement is true.

Grand Den Mod-er of LBPC Morgana25's Avatar
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 853
    Overall activity: 0%

PSN
    Morgana25

Quote Originally Posted by Doopz479 View Post
    I'm from the midwest - I can't help it.

Um - ya. Happens sometimes. Especially when there are a ton of levels that get posted on the Monday - Wednesday before spotlight. Although before we put the cut off on Wednesday I was playing levels posted on Friday mornings for the spotlight that night/Saturday morning.... ahhh, the good old days of no sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by RockSauron View Post
    The answer to that is between me and my imaginary friends and they aren't talking..... not anymore.

sig by chuck_18mp illustration by TheZimInvader

Chroma Stone Chronicles Veriddian's Gem | Pyrra's Gem | Cerrulean's Gem | Irridia's Gem | Abyssia's Lair
    Dragons of Myth Egypt | Teotihuacan | Iceland | Greece
    Fire and Ice
    Sackrificed MM Picked! lbp.me link for Sackrificed

Morgana25 on lbp.me

Don't mess with Morgana or you get the wand

We have a kindness machine that we have to turn on every fortnight. Otherwise we all end up like GruntosUK... er... I mean... *cough*... uh... LOOKASQUIRREL!

In the five episodes I've been here, we've had to do that about five times. But last minute isn't like the literal last minute before the spotlight is posted. After our cutoff at midnight on Wednesday (kinda like Cinderella!), usually a day or two passes so we can put up the private version of the episode thread and our reviews and stuff. I guess a lot of time it feels last minute, but it kinda isn't at the same time. But it sounds like Morgana has had closer calls than I have.

Now I have a question for you: are you also a turchicat (turtle/chicken/cat), or are you dressing up as me, or have you always been my long lost Sackbrother?

Woah, Mark was a Spotlighteer? Muist have just been for only one spotlight, two at the most, cause I don't remember that at all XD. I just remember the Spotlight being a thing and an imagined war in my mind between old LBPC and new LBPC...
    Well, it's definitely a war. Remember The Legend of the Spotlight?

... wait, this isn't the thread of reminiscence? I see.
    No. It isn't. That's elsewhere...

MEOW!!!
    Last edited by Ryhas; 10-19-2010 at 11:10 PM.

Cool, nice crew... one queston.

Don't you think lbpc spotlighters should get a reward for such hard work?

Good job!

What is the maximum number of levels ever played (by you guys) in one of the 2 week spotlight periods?

Quote Originally Posted by ferrrch View Post
    NO. I think we should all be brutally murdered for it.
    Wait... do you mean the creators of the levels? In that case... they should be baked... and then there will be cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishrock123 View Post
    What is the maximum number of levels ever played (by you guys) in one of the 2 week spotlight periods?
    Once I played about 55-60 levels (that was Spotlight 49). And Tan played more than I did! To give you an idea of what that means, 30 is a good average for all the levels to get done.
    Last edited by Ryhas; 10-19-2010 at 11:07 PM.

Wow i bet its hard work being a Spotlight crew member and you guys are doing it all for free, that's awesome!

I would ask to be in the PSP spotlight crew but I'm just not that good at reviewing levels and there's a whole lot of time put in i bet.
    Ill stick with just running my small contest on the PSP side that's more than enough for me lol.

I'm not sure if i have any questions but i do want to thank the spotlight crew for there great work and time put in and AFPOO and Taffey for the PSP Creator spotlight.

AH yes i have a question for ya PSP spotlighters now, When One of the spotlight crew publish a level worth a spotlight do you keep it a secret from them to surprise them?

(not like its a surprise because they are all great creators)
    [PSP]:Water Works:Spotlighted, On A Roll:Spotlight Nod, Rocks And Gems:Spotlighted.
    Wheel Room Rampage:Spotlight Nod, Bee Keepers:Spotlighted.

PSN
    Morgana25

I think it's best for my mental health that I don't go count..... I can tell you it was over 100 for a single spotlight though.

Chroma Stone Chronicles Veriddian's Gem | Pyrra's Gem | Cerrulean's Gem | Irridia's Gem | Abyssia's Lair
    Fire and Ice

Morgana25 on lbp.me

I refer to the spotlight crew... i mean at least give em' some experience pts. for their hard work. [QUOTE=Ryhas;660239]NO. I think we should all be brutally murdered for it.
    Wait... do you mean the creators of the levels? In that case... they should be baked... and then there will be cake.
    Last edited by ferrrch; 10-19-2010 at 11:49 PM. Reason: My quote didn't work... Rhyas read!

12. Thanks!

Would be cool but nah. With the appreciation from most of you guys, i'm conform

Lost the count.. but more than 100 levels
    Last edited by Joey; 10-19-2010 at 11:55 PM.

14. Thanks!

Over 100 levels?? *dies* So how many hours per week (on average, anyway) would you say you end up putting into the spotlight?

Also, I think I’m liking this cake idea... would there be enough cake to go around for everybody?

PSN
    Morgana25

Quote Originally Posted by koneko View Post
    Also, I think I’m liking this cake idea... would there be enough cake to go around for everybody?
    Give Taffey a little while. I'm sure he'll find cake. He's sort of the unofficial/official Spotlight caterer.

Fire and Ice

Morgana25 on lbp.me

17. Thanks!

Hey! That's a great idea! If you could want any more than Taffey's food or your awesome comments after each episode.

My Stuff
    LBP.me
    Moderator of the
    LittleBigPlanet Wiki!
    Feel free to PM me with any questions!

19. Thanks!

anywho, are you all legally insane to be doing this?
    Heavens no. If we were crazy, that would mean this fire extinguisher I have duct taped to my shin would be pointless. In fact, just the other day I was chatting with one of my sock puppets while at work, and he was completely insulted that people were saying insensitive things like he's "not real" and that "it's just your hand with some glued on buttons". The NERVE. They're the insane ones!

Yeah, sure, and next you're going to tell me that macaroni and cheese is NOT the amassed cocoons of tiny, metamorphosized string cheese caterpillars after they've become beautiful cheddar-winged fairies with sachels of magic powdered cheese dust. If I didn't believe THAT, only then would I be crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by SketchNZ View Post
    Wow i bet its hard work being a Spotlight crew member and you guys are doing it all for free, that's awesome!
    If by "free" you mean "playing hundreds of incredible free levels and being a part of one of the best online communities of all time" then yes, we do it for free.

I'm not sure if i have any questions but i do want to thank the spotlight crew for there great work and time put in
    Thanks Sketch! It's comments like this that make it all worthwhile, and I really mean that.

AH yes i have a question for ya PSP spotlighters now, When One of the spotlight crew publish a level worth a spotlight do you keep it a secret from them to surprise them?
    Usually it's a ransom situation. When Salieri published Crisis in Camelot, for example, the rest of us PSP Spotlighters received anonymous, ticking packages on our front doorsteps. Salieri followed that up with a quick but friendly note I'll paraphrase as "My level is to be spotlit or I'll detonate the stale tins of cat food I've mailed to each of you". Naturally, because I don't want to go through that whole debacle again, I complied and gave a thumbs-up.

To answer your question more seriously, however, every level is considered equally - even those made by fellow Spotlight crew members. We really put them through the wringer, and of the author of the level is placed under a strict no-touchy rule when it comes to the verdict posting process. Every single level that makes the Spotlight has earned its spot through a process of much scrutiny, especially those made by our own crew.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgana25 View Post
    Give Taffey a little while. I'm sure he'll find cake. He's sort of the unofficial/official Spotlight caterer.
    Indeed!

I think I still have some leftovers from our Spotlight crew party official and completely serious meeting from last week.

Last edited by Taffey; 10-20-2010 at 06:19 AM.

Pocket Moon Podcast: PAX Prime 2013 Special Episode on
    Soundcloud : iTunes : Direct Download : RSS Feed
    Follow me on Twitter @tross13

Xenomooch and Space Corps: ReVITAlized, now playing on a Vita near you.

My PSP Levels
    The Space Corps Series -- The Star Bores Saga -- The Interwebs

Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 325
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    Weretigr
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ryhas View Post
    We have a kindness machine that we have to turn on every fortnight. Otherwise we all end up like GruntosUK... er... I mean... *cough*... uh... LOOKASQUIRREL!
    Consider it eaten.

And that's a good idea! You don't want to end up on the wrong side of a GruntosUK RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!!!

That would be bad news
    Be the one who nurtures and builds. Be the one who has an understanding and a forgiving heart. One who looks for the best in people. Leave people better than you found them.”
    — Marvin J. Ashton

Contact me: @dayneoram

LBPC MINECRAFT SERVER
    198.12.70.37:8123

(May be discontinued.. It's been a while..)

22. Thanks!

Why do only some of you leave feedback about a level when its spotlighted? Do you all agree on who gets to say something about the level or is it certain people each time.

Oh and keep up the good work, it must be hard playing all those levels before a certain date. I wouldnt have the time!
    Funky Fun, Vertigo Series, 52 Whitechapel Lane, Malibu (Spotlighted), Dual Shock, Ja-Ja Land, The Spirit of Anne-Marie, Wooden Buttons, Speed Rush (Part Spotlighted), Bernard's Day out 3D (Part Spotlighted), CR, AND SO ON!

http://www.youtube.com/Tiawoods87

24. Thanks!

Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 605
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    BabyDoll1970
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Morgana25 View Post
    I think it's best for my mental health that I don't go count..... I can tell you it was over 100 for a single spotlight though.
    I think I recall you saying it was around the 170 mark, actually!!! YIKES!!!

I have a question... does playing so many awesome levels - and so frequently - increase your desire to create, or diminish it?

Also, have you noticed any particular creative trends in the spotlights? For example, obviously there was massive numbers of water levels when water came out, but has there been anything else of note?

Got unwanted pics uploaded onto your level? Then contact the GRIEF RELIEF TEAM!! Bringing relief to uploaded grief!

Showcase: The Art Vandals! and Workin' for the Psycho Granny(Cool Levels)

26. Thanks!

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 548
    Your First Group 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    plasmavore
    Blog Entries

Why am I so nice? I'm not! >=D
    And I usually play all the levels actually in the spotlight last minute, in order to refresh my memory when I leave comments etc.

Meh. I was insane before this anyway

Cool, nice crew... one queston.

Good job!
    Oh, nononono! That's the best part! It's like volunteering in an actual community, the fuzzeh feeling of helping out is good enough, as cheesy as that sounds.. :P

Well.. I'm pretty new to the team, and I'm just trying to get adjusted at the moment, so the most I've played is about 20 in one night.

(not like its a surprise because they are all great creators)
    I'm not a PSP spotlighter, but surprisingly(?): No, we don't. (At least on the PS3 team ). We have a large private spreadsheet of all levels posted in the level showcase, in which we leave our comments and our opinion on whether it desevres a spotlight or not.

They're the only ones I could be bothered to answer. (I'm a lazy sod. )
    So yeah, thanks a lot guys, I'll answer some more later. I don't want to steal too many questions from other people.
    plasmavore
    I finally got a new PS3, so I should be fairly active around here again! I missed you all!

28. Thanks!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast