BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Dr. Voodoo's Boppin' Brew *Spotlighted, BossBattleBlitz Winner*

Dr. Voodoo's Boppin' Brew by SeekingTruth86

Deep in a haunted swamp lives the nefarious Dr. Voodoo, ancient brewmaster of the bayou. Do that voodoo thing you do while trying not to become brew!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Journey into the haunted bayou of Dr. Voodoo, the ancient brewmaster! Will you beat the evil doctor at his own game, or become the final ingredient in his latest concoction? I don't know, go play and find out!

Screenshots courtesy of the ever-beneficent Domik12!

An ominous feeling in the air...

Doctor Voodoo awaits you...

Unholy sack! Dodge the sinister ingredients without plummeting into the boiling brew!

Grab the Threads of Sack! Who knows, maybe they'll help you defeat Dr. Voodoo!

Any comments or feedback would be greatly appreciated! I know the level isn't flagged F4F- due to busy RL can't promise I can give F4F for every comment- but I'll do my best anyways

[This is also my entry for LBL's Boss Battle Blitz Contest] UPDATE: Winner!

Enjoy, and thanks for playing! Shoot for the high score!

Last edited by SeekingTruth86; 12-07-2010 at 06:08 AM.

I'll definately play it and give you feedback!

EDIT:

Okay, wow.

Corner edit was beautiful and the boss battle was great.
    The bones were all perfectly placed!
    I hated the Bat Wing becasue I kept being wasted by it.
    The Concept of this level was epic.
    The overall feel of this level was Bossy Battle-ish Blitzy!

One problem though.

The minute Everything dissolved I plopped right into the soup.

Guess my rating....Alright fine, you got me!
    5 and 1

When I finished this level I felt disapointed.
    Not in you, in myself.
    You made this awesome boss battle and I made a barely passing one.
    This level is definately going to win a sticker.

Enjoy your sticker, WINNER!
    T-Q
    Last edited by The-Questor; 11-23-2010 at 03:46 PM.

3. Thanks!

I really cant wait to play this! I bet it is awsome!
    PSN: johnbonbon(PSP and PSV) and himoks 69(PS3)

Other levels: The Guardian (PS VITA), Demon's Souls (PS VITA), AMOC (PS VITA), The Unfinished Swan (PS VITA)

My latest level: CARDBOARD PILLARS (PS VITA) and BIOSHOCK 3D (PS VITA)

5. Thanks!

@The-Questor: Thank you so much for the feedback T-Q! I'm glad you liked it. The bat wing can be a bit mean, it seems to fall a bit faster than the others, and sometimes the skull floats away from the other bones at just the wrong time ;p A bit of luck is definitely at play here.

Sorry about falling into the soup at the end! The brew is supposed to disappear at the exact same moment of the bones, but there is a small lag spike at the end there, I wouldn't be surprised if the dissolve timing gets a little messed up at that moment. T_T

I'm really glad you liked the concept, I had the idea for it many months ago but didn't know nearly enough about logic to put anything like it together. The BBB contest reminded me of the idea, and this time I thought "hmmm... it might be possible!" I was a little worried it would be tedious, but that's probably because by the time I published it I had playtested it about a thousand times and knew the sequence by heart XD

Again, thank you so much for the kind words, and good luck to you in the contest T-Q! I'll definitely check out your entry

@himoks: I hope you enjoy it himoks! Beware- it gets faster with each thread you snag. I'd love to hear what you think of it!

Your definately going to win.
    The judges are suckers for Big Creators.
    Trust me.
    Last edited by The-Questor; 11-23-2010 at 07:46 PM.

8. Thanks!

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    7 days registered 30 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    randomperson3459
    Blog Entries

@Q, big creators are big creators for a reason.

10. Thanks!

@RP: I know, but sometimes it seems biased to me but, ya'know, whatever.
    I think the level is just plain better.

I.e: It's like comparing a jeffcu28 level to a no name creator.

not really questor. I got 3rd in the flying contraption contest, beating ali and nightangel. Me and Napero are pretty much no-name creators, and we won, but were both working on stuff to change that. For me, just wait for lbp2... :wink:
    My PSP broke, so I'm leaving the PSP side. See ya guys. My levels however will still be up.
    On LBP1 | LBP2 | LBP PSP
    *Check out my Spotlighted PSP level: LBPC Intermediate Logic Pack
    Spoiler Spoiler - PSP Levels

Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    domick12

Hi, SeekingTruth86!

Great mini game with boss! I love main idea and visuals! Good gameplay, sometimes it is a little difficult to jump from one island to another, but it is part of gameplay, am I right ? Great story also!

A can take pictures for you! But just tomorrow, is it ok? I will send you them in PM.

Good to see some new your creation!

Good Luck, Domik12.

14. Thanks!

Wow, great job! This is for sure one of the best boss battles I played! The gameplay was very smooth, the graphics were incredible, and the story was awesome! One last thing, one of the hardest things to ace in a boss battle is making a good intro to it, and your intro to the level was definitely one of the best to a boss battle I've ever seen. No doubt you'll get at least a spotlight nod and win the lb boffin sticker. Hope you enjoy it, they're great!
    I gave you .
    My PSP broke, so I'm leaving the PSP side. See ya guys. My levels however will still be up.
    On LBP1 | LBP2 | LBP PSP
    *Check out my Spotlighted PSP level: LBPC Intermediate Logic Pack
    Spoiler Spoiler - PSP Levels

16. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ricky3 View Post
    not really questor. I got 3rd in the flying contraption contest, beating ali and nightangel.
    Actually, they're isn't a 1st 2nd 3rd 4th and 5th. Only winning and losing.
    So technically you didn't beat ali and nightangel you just won with them.

@SeekingTruth86: Sorry for taking your level thread a little off-topic.
    So, you're probably going to win because this level was awesome, If I don't win I'll be happy to know I lost to a guy who made a level this epic.

EDIT:
    I hope you win a sticker SeekingTruth86, because you deserve one. Your boss fight was unique and different from the rest.
    We all did mutants, and giants, while you did Soup! Good Job!
    Last edited by The-Questor; 11-24-2010 at 03:17 PM.

18. Thanks!

@Domik: Hey Domik, thanks for checking out my level! I'm glad you liked it! And yeah, I wanted it to be a little difficult to ace the level- it's certainly possible, but you gotta stay on your toes and make some big leaps back and forth to do it ^_^ And thank you so much for the (impending) screenshots! You've never let me down with those

@ricky3: Thanks for the feedback ricky3! That's awesome to hear! I'm super glad you liked the intro, I had a few different versions I went through 'till I found one I liked. And if you like the environment... who knows, Sackboy may yet return to the haunted bayou for some more traditional exploring someday Again thank you so much for checking out the level and taking the time to leave feedback!

@T-Q: Aww It's okay ^_^ Thanks for the encouragement! I hope you snag a sticker too

Quote Originally Posted by SeekingTruth86 View Post
    I hope you snag a sticker too
    I hope I snag a sticker too!

Well, to sum it all up,

The level was awesome,
    the Dr. was wierd (In the good way)
    And there was much epic corner edit.

We have ourselves a winner!

21. Thanks!

Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 979
    Your First Group 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    CyberSora

Hey ST! I played your level and I'm ready to feedback!

I thought the boss battle was really entertaining. It was different from all the other boss battles I've seen. What I really liked was how the doctor chanted all the threats and attacks; it gave the level a sense of authority and power.

The visuals were nothing short of outstanding! I liked the design and the pot of brew boiling beneath you. Even the logo was amazing!

The only problem I faced was being spawn-killed. I either revived to get killed by an incoming attack and/or fall into the brew. It's nothing too serious, but it does get annoying to be spawn-killed 3 times in a row, thus making you lose a heavy amount of points.

Overall, and a . Excellent job!

Peace

23. Thanks!

@CyberSora: Thanks for the feedback CyberSora! It's good to see ya!

I'm glad you liked it I am pretty proud of the attack callouts ^_^ It's always so exciting to see complicated contraptions run smoothly

Sorry bout the spawn killing thing, it can be a bit brutal at times, what with the skull in the middle floating every which way once you get things going. If only I could make everything pause for those 1.5 seconds of spawn time... There is one solution, though... don't die! (not the best answer I know ) Hehe.

Thanks again for playing, I really appreciate the feedback!

25. Thanks!

Sackperson Private
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 350
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    7 days registered 30 days registered Created Blog entry 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    unXpectiD
    Blog Entries

Congrats on the spotlight.
    This is one of those level that i hear about, think that it will be awesome and then dont get round to playing it due to a create spree.
    I WILL play this now!
    now how do i leave create mode???
    Cleaning up...

27. Thanks!

Aww, man! unXpectiD beat me to it.

Well Congrats anyway!

29. Thanks!

@unexpectId, T-Q: Spotlight!? Well whaddaya know! Thank you! This should help give me even more energy to finish Oneiros 3 ;D

Thank you spotlight team!

31. Thanks!

You've been one of my favorite creators because of your sky island trilogy, I guess I'll have to try this level too. I'll be back...
    New Level: Purple Passageway for LBP2.

33. Thanks!

Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 27

PSN
    onebun
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The-Questor View Post
    @RP: I know, but sometimes it seems biased to me but, ya'know, whatever.
    I think the level is just plain better.

I.e: It's like comparing a jeffcu28 level to a no name creator.
    me then :/ i do try and make a good level but it always crashes!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast