BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1

    Default *12 Days of Christmas* The Translocator *Spotlighted*

    The Translocator by valmassoi
    Day 11 in the 12 Days of Christmas. Get the next level the 24th from bubbles550. Oh dear, you've dropped some presents on the top of the mountain! How could you get them now?

    So it's here. Day 11. I realize I haven't published a level since A Bubbly Forest way back when, but hopefully this'll make up for it. I put a lot of effort into this level, so be sure to tell me what you think, or tell me if you find any issues.

    Thanks you's:

    SketchNZ - Character creation, seriously, you made pretty much all the characters in this series. They're awesome.

    VelcroJonze - Beta testing and preventing my level to break.

    Eagerneph - Beta testing, and being awesome.

    Xenon - Invisible Material, I pretty much would die without it.

    Everyone in the 12 DOC - It's been great working with all of you, but makes me sad that it's almost over.

    CheezeBo - For creating this awesome collab project. It's been a lotta fun, and I can't thank you enough for it

    Pics Below:











    Last edited by anoken; 01-02-2011 at 03:13 AM.


  2. #2
    U. of Jah Rastafari Random's Avatar
    Points: 12,582, Level: 33
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    7 days registered 30 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    randomperson3459
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Where you ask?
    Posts
    655
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Already? That was quick?

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by randomperson3459 View Post
    Already? That was quick?
    It's midnight somewhere
    New Level: Purple Passageway for LBP2.

  4. Thanks!


  5. #4

    Default

    Good thinking publishing it early, Winter storms would most likly do something bad to your wifi,

    Its christmas eve in 7 hours for us in nz woo hoo!

    Dizzy will not be publishing tomorrow Is that right? I still need to catch up on the last 3 12doc levels
    [PSP]:Water Works:Spotlighted, On A Roll:Spotlight Nod, Rocks And Gems:Spotlighted.
    Wheel Room Rampage:Spotlight Nod, Bee Keepers:Spotlighted.

  6. Thanks!


  7. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SketchNZ View Post
    Good thinking publishing it early, Winter storms would most likly do something bad to your wifi,

    Its christmas eve in 7 hours for us in nz woo hoo!

    Dizzy will not be publishing tomorrow Is that right? I still need to catch up on the last 3 12doc levels
    7 hours?? Darn, NZ is awesome. We still have to wait 13 hours till christmas eve D:

    And no, she's publishing Christmas Eve.

    Can't wait to hear your feedback!
    New Level: Purple Passageway for LBP2.

  8. Thanks!


  9. #6
    -Sparkles- Spark151's Avatar
    Points: 30,562, Level: 53
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 288
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    Spark151
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,221
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    What the? I have to wait more than 24 hrs until Christmas Eve. O_O

    Anyway, I'll play your level. I'm already hearting it aswell. XP
    Without the sun, there is no moon. Without a me, there is no you.

  10. Thanks!


  11. #7

    Default

    christmas eve in less then 24 hours YAY!
    I should really get to bed, levels later

    THIS SENTENCE IS FALSE


  12. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spark151 View Post
    What the? I have to wait more than 24 hrs until Christmas Eve. O_O

    Anyway, I'll play your level. I'm already hearting it aswell. XP
    Sweetness, can't wait to hear what you think
    New Level: Purple Passageway for LBP2.

  13. #9
    Stargazing PygmyOwl's Avatar
    Points: 15,850, Level: 38
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 600
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 7 days registered 500 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    15 minutes from Mm Towers!
    Posts
    1,191

    Default

    Hi Val, I played your level! Went on a crazy downloading spree, so many levels to catch up on! No time for big feedback, sorry. However...

    Pretty awesome level here. The visuals were nice, especially in the outdoors areas. The transitions between there and underground was also good. It gave the level a great pace and the changing environment kept it interesting while added to the overall structure of the level. However the gameplay was neat, but needed a little variation. I know its difficult, I am not good at this myself. There were quite a few interesting ideas that just needed a little more development, but the storyline and surroundings were enough to make up for this.

    Overall, great job. I enjoyed playing it, liked the ideas and neat plot to go with them. (Sorted my level to fit the storyline too. )
    HNNNNNNNNG. Creating on hold, I am drawing mostly now. I hope you don't mind.
    Published levels: Night Sky Dreams *Spotlight Nod* (currently unpublished)
    Temple of Glass -Prologue-and 1*Fastbro's Pick*
    12 D.O.C A Frosty Situation *Spotlighted*
    Published on my own PSN: Shards

  14. Thanks!


  15. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DizzyZebra View Post
    Pretty awesome level here. The visuals were nice, especially in the outdoors areas. The transitions between there and underground was also good. It gave the level a great pace and the changing environment kept it interesting while added to the overall structure of the level. However the gameplay was neat, but needed a little variation. I know its difficult, I am not good at this myself. There were quite a few interesting ideas that just needed a little more development, but the storyline and surroundings were enough to make up for this.
    Thanks for the feedback dizzy. I'm actually glad you said something about the gameplay. Honestly, I had no ideas. My main mistake was creating without knowing where I was going with it. The whole level was going to be a cave, but that didn't go anywhere. Then I thought of a sci-fi-ish theme. So I tried my best to blend what I already had in the level, and that's what came out of it. So I'll remember in the future to draw out what I'm actually going to do
    New Level: Purple Passageway for LBP2.

  16. Thanks!


  17. #11

    Default

    Val, you did a great job on this level! I played it 2-3 times to get 3rd place on scoreboard! Your characters, visuals, and corner editing were amazing, and you had a unique and interesting storyline as well. As for the bubble collecting, it was the usual for you. Which means awesome! For sure one of the top 3 12 doc levels! and a .
    Oh yeah, I really liked all those hidden rooms full of bubbles, I don't see those in levels much anymore and I wish I would. keep up the great work!
    Last edited by ricky3; 12-24-2010 at 12:03 AM.
    My PSP broke, so I'm leaving the PSP side. See ya guys. My levels however will still be up.
    On LBP1 | LBP2 | LBP PSP
    *Check out my Spotlighted PSP level: LBPC Intermediate Logic Pack
    Spoiler Spoiler - PSP Levels

  18. Thanks!


  19. #12
    Sackperson Private
    Points: 10,200, Level: 30
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 350
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    7 days registered 30 days registered Created Blog entry 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    unXpectiD
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Not over there...
    Posts
    1,010
    Blog Entries
    10

    Default

    oh my i am behind with playing these...
    Cleaning up...

  20. #13
    LBPCentral Spotlight Crew Viddy well little brother VelcroJonze's Avatar
    Points: 34,339, Level: 57
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,111
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 30 days registered 3 months registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    samiamiamsam
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Overlook Hotel
    Posts
    1,744

    Default

    Hey buddy!!

    This is a great level you made here, one of my favorites of the series. Even after losing half of your level, due to corruption, you came back strong with this awesome piece of art. The opening is beautiful, and munching all those bubbles you placed so perfectly reminded me of how much I love the bubbly series, and I hope you revisit that sometime soon.

    I loved the story. Within a small period of time you made me care about your characters and I wanted to find out the whole story. To be honest, I usually skip through the text on 75% of the levels I play, I generally just want to get back to the platforming, but this level had a great little story, and it had me hooked from the start. I think the writing in all the 12 DOC levels has been great.

    I liked the drastic change in the environments too. From the lovely wintry vista, to the dark and dank cave, to the underground bunker where the story hits full stride. The platforming underground was great, and I thought the atmospheres were all unique and diverse, but complimented each other splendidly. Like I told you before when beta testing this, I honestly had no idea how the story was going to end, so great job there.

    Overall this is an awesome level you should be very proud of. I think you and the whole team, have made some of the best levels of the year. This is gonna be one big spotlight coming up.

    See you there!

    Hearted of course.
    My LBP Vita levels




  21. Thanks!


  22. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ricky3 View Post
    Val, you did a great job on this level! I played it 2-3 times to get 3rd place on scoreboard! Your characters, visuals, and corner editing were amazing, and you had a unique and interesting storyline as well. As for the bubble collecting, it was the usual for you. Which means awesome! For sure one of the top 3 12 doc levels! and a .
    Oh yeah, I really liked all those hidden rooms full of bubbles, I don't see those in levels much anymore and I wish I would. keep up the great work!
    Thank sketch for the characters, they are quite amazing.

    I'm glad you enjoyed it! I'm amazed the story came out as well as it did, I truly just sorta created as I went, no planning involved

    Great job on getting 3rd. I'm not really sure how Peton_is_bloody was able to get a score that high, I don't think it's physically possible

    ---

    Quote Originally Posted by VelcroJonze View Post
    This is a great level you made here, one of my favorites of the series. Even after losing half of your level, due to corruption, you came back strong with this awesome piece of art. The opening is beautiful, and munching all those bubbles you placed so perfectly reminded me of how much I love the bubbly series, and I hope you revisit that sometime soon.

    I loved the story. Within a small period of time you made me care about your characters and I wanted to find out the whole story. To be honest, I usually skip through the text on 75% of the levels I play, I generally just want to get back to the platforming, but this level had a great little story, and it had me hooked from the start. I think the writing in all the 12 DOC levels has been great.

    I liked the drastic change in the environments too. From the lovely wintry vista, to the dark and dank cave, to the underground bunker where the story hits full stride. The platforming underground was great, and I thought the atmospheres were all unique and diverse, but complimented each other splendidly. Like I told you before when beta testing this, I honestly had no idea how the story was going to end, so great job there.

    Overall this is an awesome level you should be very proud of. I think you and the whole team, have made some of the best levels of the year. This is gonna be one big spotlight coming up.

    See you there!

    Hearted of course.
    Glad you enjoyed the bubbles, I enjoy them myself

    I've already thanked you in the PM for beta, but thanks again for reviewing!

    I can't wait to see the huge Spotlight. There's so many that deserve a spot!
    New Level: Purple Passageway for LBP2.

  23. Thanks!


  24. #15
    Stargazing PygmyOwl's Avatar
    Points: 15,850, Level: 38
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 600
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 7 days registered 500 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    15 minutes from Mm Towers!
    Posts
    1,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by valmassoi View Post
    Thanks for the feedback dizzy. I'm actually glad you said something about the gameplay. Honestly, I had no ideas. My main mistake was creating without knowing where I was going with it. The whole level was going to be a cave, but that didn't go anywhere. Then I thought of a sci-fi-ish theme. So I tried my best to blend what I already had in the level, and that's what came out of it. So I'll remember in the future to draw out what I'm actually going to do
    Don't worry, I am just critical, however if you can make it even awesomer... I glad it was of some use.
    Btw: Wow the next spotlight... I think the PS3-ers are going to be humbled.
    HNNNNNNNNG. Creating on hold, I am drawing mostly now. I hope you don't mind.
    Published levels: Night Sky Dreams *Spotlight Nod* (currently unpublished)
    Temple of Glass -Prologue-and 1*Fastbro's Pick*
    12 D.O.C A Frosty Situation *Spotlighted*
    Published on my own PSN: Shards

  25. Thanks!


  26. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DizzyZebra View Post
    Btw: Wow the next spotlight... I think the PS3-ers are going to be humbled.
    I couldn't have said it better myself. What a Spotlight!

    And congrats valmassoi for being part of it! There's just so much awesome going around my little Sack-brain can't handle it. Great level!

    Pocket Moon Podcast: PAX Prime 2013 Special Episode on
    Soundcloud : iTunes : Direct Download : RSS Feed
    Follow me on Twitter @tross13

    Xenomooch and Space Corps: ReVITAlized, now playing on a Vita near you.

    My PSP Levels
    The Space Corps Series -- The Star Bores Saga -- The Interwebs

  27. Thanks!


  28. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taffey View Post
    I couldn't have said it better myself. What a Spotlight!

    And congrats valmassoi for being part of it! There's just so much awesome going around my little Sack-brain can't handle it. Great level!
    Thanks for spotlighting me spotlight crew!! You guys must of had a lot of work for that episode
    New Level: Purple Passageway for LBP2.

  29. Thanks!


  30. #18

    Default

    The level was just AMAZING and really fun! I liked it really much and it was so fun! I rated the level and . I cant wait to play the next level if you will create more.
    PSN: johnbonbon(PSP and PSV) and himoks 69(PS3)

    Other levels: The Guardian (PS VITA), Demon's Souls (PS VITA), AMOC (PS VITA), The Unfinished Swan (PS VITA)

    My latest level: CARDBOARD PILLARS (PS VITA) and BIOSHOCK 3D (PS VITA)

  31. Thanks!


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •