BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default ★LBPJOURNEY★ [Secretly Creating!]

Inviting aspiring inventors, ingenious creators, and imaginative thinkers to assemble a cohesive team of extraordinary talent and embark on a large and ambitious LittleBigPlanet 2 project titled...LBPJourney.

LBPCENTRAL GROUP

Not requesting creators at this time! (We're too busy creating! :P)

[OVERVIEW]

The LittleBigPlanet Journey is an adventure for a young and naive Sackboy to "journey" across many other different planets in the universe that isn't Craftworld. On these other planets are individual crises, just like the epidemic that almost destroyed Craftworld. The individual planets/levels are to be constructed by top-notch creators collectively, that is, planets are assigned to specific creators and other specialized creators (such as logic geniuses, character voices, and custom sticker makers) work to tune those levels to their fullest capability. The goal of the LBPJourney Project is to create a complete story aside from the main story mode, sort of as a sequel, that implements most, if not all, of the tools that LittleBigPlanet 2 (and LittleBigPlanet 1 for that matter) has to offer.

[STORY]

A mysterious, young, Sack-like stranger appears at the very-end of the main story mode. The stranger tells Sackboy that there are other worlds that are in danger of being wiped away and that Sackboy needs to help save them. Being the young adventurer that Sackboy is, Sackboy accepts his duty and sets out for adventure. Sackboy will need to journey across and save ten different planets from complete destruction before unlocking the final boss planet. There will be one base "Space Pod/Hub" that will be a level containing portals/links to all ten different planets. This level will be unlocked right after the introduction level. After Sackboy collects the ten different unique items from saving the planets, he can use them to unlock a special area in the Space Pod to travel to the final boss planet. There will also be secrets on the ten different planets that will unlock another special area in the Space Pod, just for completionists.

[TEAM]

For this project, I'm searching for LBPCentral's best and brightest creators, in all fields. That includes level creators, toy makers, logic inducers, music enthusiasts, Sackbot manipulators, character dialogue communicators, lighting instigators, space cadets, etc. The most capable creators will be assigned a specific planet to create while specialized creators will be tasked with helping and assisting the planet creators as well as provide the team with ideas and individual creations for the entire team to use. The goal of the Team is to help develop the story, assist each other in the project, and create the best possible series to kick-start LittleBigPlanet 2.

Instead of listing categories that people can apply to, I would rather the applicants describe their particular strengths and explain how they can help the team during this project. We hope the team will be focused and devoted to this project and have every, single member of the team have a part to play in the final product. To apply for a position in the LBPJourney Team, please use this simple format:

PSN ID:
    Do you own a microphone?: [Yes/No]
    What individual talents do you have in LittleBigPlanet creating?: [List and Provide Specific Examples if Possible]
    What are some of your most noteworthy levels?:
    What other talents do you think will assist the team?:

Spoiler Spoiler - BBCode for Easier Format Copying

[CURRENT TEAM MEMBERS]
    (You receive a fancy title for being apart of the Team! :])

Night Angel [Head Honcho]
    Doc_Rockefeller [Artistic Producer]
    Tomeh999 [Sackbot Ringleader]
    TehUberZac [Odd-Jobber]
    eagerneph [Gameplay Designer]
    Asbestos101 [Musical Maestro]
    Brian_Istenes [Character Creator]
    bonner123 [Level Maker]
    Mangarocks14 [Artistic Deviser]
    xero11213 [All-Arounder]
    Linque [Gameplay Designer]
    kodymcq [Micro Manager]
    UmJammerSully [Musical Genius]
    Cauan-XV [Visual Designer]
    RottenAvocado [Artistic Designer]
    Outlaw-Jack [Visual Designer]

*Team positions are subject to change over the early course of this project

[CONCLUSION]

Please help this project become a full-fledged story for the entire LittleBigPlanet Community to enjoy!
    Last edited by Night Angel; 03-09-2011 at 02:07 AM.

"Staring at Craftworld and creating unfinished levels since 2008."
    ★| The Space Temples Saga (Vita) | ★Journey of the Cosmos★ |★

Ding ding ding...

I'm waiting

EDIT : Aha, now you're thread is updated I shall put myself forward for musical based support

Very, very late EDIT : Yep, there we go :P
    Last edited by Asbestos101; 01-08-2011 at 09:51 AM.

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 99
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Your First Group 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    Gravel

ding - ding - ding!

Oh! (didn't know we weren't suppose to do that...) ^I just followed him in here *smiles*
    .................................................. ...................

"The world strode slowly upon my heart measuring precisely each fractal footfall with shiftless negligence. I lay in its' wake scathe-sighted, the Gravel of Man, pandering pan in hand prospecting paradise, and you... talk of my immortal soul?"

With A Name Like GRAVEL... you can count on a rash!

4. Thanks!

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 349
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered Created Blog entry 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    bblvx
    The 4th dimension, or anyplace with good pizza!
    Blog Entries

sounds really goo- ah, what the heck; ding, ding, ding!
    "If I have seen further that most, it is because I was standing on the shoulders of giants."

Sir Isaac Newton

LBPCentral Spotlight Crew Kartavitalicious! Night Angel's Avatar
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 844
    Overall activity: 41.0%

PSN
    NightAngel321
    Blog Entries

I'm workin' on it as we speak...I mean...type

PSN
    NightAngel321
    Blog Entries

Updated the Original Post with more information!

I wanna help! But I contribute nothing that someone else couldn't do over 9,000 times better... I don't have a mic, and the only thing I'm great at is costume creation. I can easily think of level themes, it's just creating them that I find kinda hard! I didn't get into the beta, but I'm almost completely certain I will be ace at Sackbotics! I can create costumes and I have a PS Eye! My PSN is Super_Clone. Thanks!
    Last edited by Super_Clone; 12-26-2010 at 02:06 AM.
    I'm the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition.

Super_Clone, your PS Eye will work as a mic.
    Quote Originally Posted by LunarWings13137
    I had no glitches in China, but Japan is very glitchy.

11. Thanks!

Oh! I didn't know that, thanks!
    I'm the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition.

PSN ID: gamerc0la64
    Do you own a microphone?: No
    Were/Are you a participant of the LittleBigPlanet 2 Beta?: Yes
    What individual talents do you have in LittleBigPlanet creating?: Well, I'm pretty much an all around guy! I have 3 decentish levels in LBP (Also a very crappy one, published as a joke. Got over 7,000 plays. D But I'm a lot better at creating than that! I've been honig my skills by assisting my friends. I'm currently work on 2 levels in the BETA and have 2 ambitious projects for the full release. Project: Hedgehog and a secret project. I'll go into detail with the secret one when it is revealed. Now to make some teasers...
    What other talents do you think will assist the team?: Ok, I think I'm a pretty good artist. I'm also great at creating and costume making. Ideas, usually my strong point, are actually my weak point in LB. I seek to make something COMPLETELY original. But, when I usually play levels before I test my idea, there is usually something similar. I'm starting to learn to not let that get in my way.

I know I'm very new to this site, but I thought I'd throw my hat into the ring anyways.

PSN ID: Doc_Rockefeller
    Do you own a microphone?: I'll be getting one later this week.
    Were/Are you a participant of the LittleBigPlanet 2 Beta?: No
    What individual talents do you have in LittleBigPlanet creating?: I can create most things, whether it's gameplay, scenery, logic, or music, but I'd have to say my specialty is character design. Whether it's LBP-Creator-Curator-style NPCs:

This is the first character I made. For now, I call him Chef Alfredo, but I'm not sure if I'm keeping that name.

This is The Duke and 2 of his guards (plus you can partially see his throne on the right). They're supposed to look vaguely like chess pieces, though I'm not sure if anyone besides me would notice that.

This is a work in progress. For now, I call him Master Shogun.

Another work in progress. This is the structure of a boss fight I have planned.

or if you'd rather have sackbots, I think I make pretty decent costumes:

I call this little guy Captain Cannonball.

This is my lumberjack. I don't have a name for him yet.

Jawbone the mighty viking!

I'm also very good at designing stickers:

Believe it or not, that is a sticker I made with the corner editor and the in game camera.

I made this sticker to put on the banners of Master Shogun. It's the Japanese kanji for 'samurai', if google images can be trusted.

Those characters and stickers are ones I plan to use in my own level series, but I'd be more than willing to build new and better ones for LBPJourney.

What other talents do you think will assist the team?: Outside of LittleBigPlanet I'm a theatre major at a performing arts school, so if you need voiceovers then I'm your huckleberry. Once I get my mic that is.
    Last edited by Doc_Rockefeller; 12-26-2010 at 02:54 PM. Reason: I left out the stickers. Whoops.

15. Thanks!

PSN
    NightAngel321
    Blog Entries

I really like your examples, Doc_Rockefeller, and I'm sure your voiceover skills and character and sticker design will prove beneficial to the Team.

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 327
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Your First Group 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    Tomeh-The-Jedi

PSN ID: Tomeh-The-Jedi
    Do you own a microphone?: No
    Were/Are you a participant of the LittleBigPlanet 2 Beta?: No
    What individual talents do you have in LittleBigPlanet creating?:
    Logic
    Level Examples
    HUD Beta Testing
    -A little test level with a heads-up display.
    Colour Brawl (2-4 Players) Beta
    - A competitive minigame. Takes up little space, but the logic is what makes it fun.
    Other Example
    In my pod I was working on a 2 Player, Turn-Based, Top-Down shooter. The mechanics are working, but I needed to make a bigger arena.
    Gameplay
    Level Examples
    Colour Brawl (2-4 Players) Beta
    Not only does the logic help this work, but it is (in my opinion) quite different compared to most mini game. In this one, each player is stuck in a room, trying to kill the opponents. It can be quick, or take a long time, depending on the skill of the players.
    What other talents do you think will assist the team?: I am very open about my ideas. When I see something good I try to assist as much as possible to give some better ideas.

Side Note: If you are testing people's levels to see their skill, then just PM me and I'll tell you how to unlock one of my better levels.
    Last edited by Tomeh999; 12-28-2010 at 04:26 PM.

Junior Sackperson

PSN
    alexgangsta4
    Blog Entries

Ding, Ding, DONG!

I will help, tell me what there is!

Well, Night Angel sent me a pm saying he wanted my help... I guess as an adviser or something? Since I assume he didn't expect me to actually create ;-; Well, I guess I can help advise or whatever he wants... Obviously I'd be dedicating most of my effort to my own ARR PEE GEE, but meyessssssss...

This statement is true.

PSN
    NightAngel321
    Blog Entries

RockSauron has been added to the LBPJourney Team. He's on the team to provide some feedback and input some ideas that would make the overall product better. His involvement will be separate from the ARR PEE GEE Project and completely voluntary.

Thanks RockSauron for joining the Team!

This is sounding and looking really good. The Doc's characters and stickers are superb. I hope you guys can get some super sweet level designers because the story sounds interesting too. I'm not signing up though, as I don't think I'm really the skill level you are looking for and I have no examples.

LBPC Bounty Hunter Devious_Oatmeal's Avatar
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points Created Album pictures 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    Cryogen00

PSN ID:
    Cryogen00

Do you own a microphone?
    Yes, but not sure how good it is. It was $20.

Were/Are you a participant of the LittleBigPlanet 2 Beta?
    No, although I wish I was. Mainly to test out the new tools and trying to fix problems I had in LBP.

What individual talents do you have in LittleBigPlanet creating?
    To tell the truth I got LBP around March in 2010. I had been planning on buying it sooner but didn't have the money.
    But, I think I'm getting better at it.
    My favorites of my creations (though each is special in its own way to me) are:

Shade: The grey is suppose to be red, but the camera can't capture that for some reason. Not sure if it's fixed in LBP2.

Unpatched Chronicles: Ch. 1 De-Railed

Scurvy Rat

Swamp For Fools

and,
    I am currently working on others atm. They are sequels to the one's I have but look way better, kind of like upgrades.
    Though, honestly, I don't think pictures really do my lvls justice.

What other talents do you think will assist the team?

I think I can help a lot on stories, some on logic, game-play, and efficiency.

OH, planning, order, and whether or not something makes sense story wise. (Why did he do this and that?)

AND lastly, I have all kinds of ideas floating in my head. I can't possibly make all of them, so I figured I would help in that department.

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 327
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Your First Group 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    Tomeh-The-Jedi

So.. NightAngel

You didn't really say if I'm in or not, did you skip over it because it's near the bottom of page 1, or am I just not going too be joining?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast