BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default The "I wish this material was in it" thread

Well I don't have the game yet so I can't really decide on all of the materials I wish were in it but I'd like to see a kind of muck material that slowed you down (got the idea from MS:PR) and a flexible material that bends under pressure.

What about you guys?

Holy Commander of Tacos Gondito's Avatar
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 565
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Your First Group 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    Gondito
    Blog Entries

I would like water, ice, sand (mostly for asthetic purposes), and more shiny materials, like the aztec gold

PSN ID: Gondito
    Published Levels: Hibachi Dojo
    Limbo
    The King's Orders
    I updated my level Hibachi Dojo with a completely awesome new atmosphere. Check it out!

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 519
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    The_Killian

Quote Originally Posted by LittleBigGiant View Post
    I would like water, ice, sand (mostly for asthetic purposes), and more shiny materials, like the aztec gold
    I think they took ice out due to gameplay complications. Sand would be cool, and reflective materials. Maybe a mirror!

Your First Group 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    Gondito
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Killian View Post
    I think they took ice out due to gameplay complications. Sand would be cool, and reflective materials. Maybe a mirror!
    i dont understand how it hurt the gameplay, i know glass replaced it, but no one said we couldnt have both!

Limbo
    The King's Orders
    I updated my level Hibachi Dojo with a completely awesome new atmosphere. Check it out!

7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    The_Killian

i dont understand how it hurt the gameplay, i know glass replaced it, but no one said we couldnt have both!
    Ice froze you but you could still move around I think. It was a danger like fire but it may have created some glitches and exploits.

Sackperson Private

PSN
    MarinoLBP
    Caught somewhere in between alive and living a dream....
    Blog Entries

Flesh.

Patch of Cloth
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 138
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    PSN
    DaSaintFan
    Blog Entries

a) Crystal clear glass... I could really use this something fierce.. the glass that's default in the game works sometimes, but a lot of times it's not transparent "enough"

b) White Felt... Was playing around on a blank level and was making a football field and had no white felt to go with the green.. cotton beige definitely did not work, and I hated wasting sticker space for the white coloring... Of course, I threw that level away after seeing a few football field ones.

c) Glossy Silver metal. (most of the other colors I can get through stickers but I can't make a gloss-silver (like the top of glass salt-shakers)).

PSN
    The_Killian

Quote Originally Posted by Marino View Post
    Flesh.

Nice and floppy.

PSN
    Gondito
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Marino View Post
    Flesh.

that might be a little too graphic for lbp,

how bout a material that, when activated like dissolving matrerial, will crumble into rubble, but wont dissapear, and it could be tweaked to change the density of the rubble, and the formations it cracks in... wait, that would be awesome! and that was off the top of my head!

Limbo
    The King's Orders

PSN
    The_Killian

that might be a little too graphic for lbp,

how bout a material that, when activated like dissolving matrerial, will crumble into rubble, but wont dissapear, and it could be tweaked to change the density of the rubble, and the formations it cracks in... wait, that would be awesome! and that was off the top of my head!
    We gotta get ourselves on the dev team!

PSN
    Gondito
    Blog Entries

think its a good idea to put that idea in its own suggestion thread?

Limbo
    The King's Orders

How about... plastic?

It's clear (sort of like class), and you won't slip around too much on it either.... not only that, stickers show up clearly on it =P

I haven't been on the forums much recently, but I still play LBP if you want to play.

PSN
    The_Killian

think its a good idea to put that idea in its own suggestion thread?
    Stick it in with another idea and it should be good. If you really wanted to you could do it with switches but it would take a lot of effort. I wouldn't want them to add so much to the game as to make it easy to create anything.

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 695
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    oooDorienooo

This is what i wrote in the questions for Alex Evans

My materials i would like to see would be Water (or more to the point LIQUIDS) which is an obvious one, sand could be fun, jelly (that would wobble), cloth also that could be grabbed and used as a bridge to walk across - Think Armadillo Run if anyone has played that (loved it)
    I used to love playing Armadillo Run and LBP reminds me of Armadillo Run/LineRider
    For those of you that have never played Armadillo Run then THIS IT IT VVVVVV

[Watch YouTube Video]
    The ghost of LBPC past.................

Sackperson Sergeant

PSN
    ClankXIII
    Blog Entries

A special material that can be set to expand or contract on cue or with triggers.

I was thinking sand, water, mirrors (maybe a sub-category under glass) and like someone said before, a mucky substance that restricted movement.

I wish they had Something bouncy like if you jump on the rubber it is automatically bouncy. (if you dont have the game the rubber isnt bouncy.)
    My psn is arcapers. Don't hesitate to message or friend request me. Just say that you are from LBPcentral.

If you wanna play one of my levels just add me a say you are from here.

i want a better slippery surface... glass sucks, if you put a glass ramp, and glass block, for some reason theres little specs the get stuck... it's annoying... we need a matieral that is slippery and good for building... not just decorative...

Gelatin.

Since water physics are extremely complicated, why not have gelatin? Works just like water (you can swim around in it), but it sort of moves around like any other object with physics.

Quote Originally Posted by big93 View Post
    i want a better slippery surface... glass sucks, if you put a glass ramp, and glass block, for some reason theres little specs the get stuck... it's annoying... we need a matieral that is slippery and good for building... not just decorative...

that's not the glass, it's the fact that even a circle is made up of many sides (20 if you use the default circle tool). A ramp, for instance, is made up of many flat sides. You can smooth it out by adding more.

I haven't been on the forums much recently, but I still play LBP if you want to play.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast