BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default LBP for PSP forum rearrangement

We've made some changes to the way LBP for PSP is presented to our users based on the results of some very in-depth, behind-the-scenes discussions that we've been having over the past while. I want to take the opportunity to discuss a few of those changes and why we made them.

Probably the biggest concern for us was how "sequestered" the PSP community had become - almost like a separate community altogether. It wasn't ideal. We pride ourselves on being "one big happy LBP family", even if we prefer different games - and we try to ensure that we promote that sense of community throughout the site. But, when it comes to the PSP community, we failed in that effort. We stuck the entire PSP forum behind one "doorway", one link, where only those who were truly interested would see the content regularly. We essentially designed the PSP forums to be separate from the rest of the forum - not something we intended.

So, we've made changes. First of all, you'll notice that the whole PSP forum (aside from two subforums) is bared open for everyone to see, between Sharing the Fun and General Stuff. We've also closed up and hidden the "Suggestions" forum (as it was pretty much unused), and made a new dedicated "Help!" forum instead. We're hoping these changes will help breathe more life into the PSP community and add a layer of depth to the LBPC community as a whole.

Also, the nav link that took you to a "cordoned-off" PSP forum is now gone. To some, this will be a big annoyance. I know. But it's necessary. Part of "experiencing" LBPCentral is glazing your eyes over the content, even content you don't think is relevant to your overall experience. If you really want to hide forum sections, you can do so using the built-in "minimize" buttons on the right side of each category's header. This way, each user has to opt out of portions of our community instead of opting in, which results in more users actually seeing the content on our site. It's a small change, but it should make a big difference.

As always, let us know what you think about the changes we've made. Feedback is crucial.
    Twitter: @michaelbuffaloe

I'm back! Have a question? Need help? Don't be shy; send me a PM!

Well about time. I never really liked them down in their hideyhole. So yeah, definitely a good thing.

Now there's even more space in the top nav bar... just saying, in case anyone can think of anything to add up there to replace it.

This statement is true.

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    7 days registered 30 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    randomperson3459
    Blog Entries

I was a little aggrivated when I first saw this , now I understand a little more.

4. Thanks!

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 696
    Overall activity: 0%

PSN
    jeffcu28
    Blog Entries

Hey all,

Thanks for making the changes CC. Hopefully, PSPers will finally come out of their little burrows.

Not seeing his shadow,
    jeffcu28

Featured Bird of Paradise | Sacky ZEN Winner | Love Lost Sonata Spotlighted

I like how u made it CC, it's more accessible and doesn't feel as separate like u say. It makes everything feel less like PS3 areas and PSP areas and turns the whole thing into an all out LBP area like a nice sharing community feel, no more feeling restricted by which console u own.. everyone can go everywhere now!! *presses up on the D-Pad 3 times*
    Thanks to SGR for the wonderful Sig and Brilliant Avatar!!

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 407
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    Spark151
    Blog Entries

That is awesome, now our second mission is to all get along.
    Without the sun, there is no moon. Without a me, there is no you.

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 630
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    piggabling
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RockSauron View Post
    Well about time. I never really liked them down in their hideyhole. So yeah, definitely a good thing.

Now there's even more space in the top nav bar... just saying, in case anyone can think of anything to add up there to replace it.
    Gonna slap the "What's New" back up there?

Either way, great to hear about these changes. Nice move!

9. Thanks!

This is fantastic! Thanks CC and jc (and the rest of the site staff) for your efforts on this.

I really think this is a big step forward with mixing the two communities together a bit more. Sure, it's different than what I'm used to, but at the same time it just makes a heck of a lot more sense now.

So then, my official feedback is: Me likey.

Pocket Moon Podcast: PAX Prime 2013 Special Episode on
    Soundcloud : iTunes : Direct Download : RSS Feed
    Follow me on Twitter @tross13

Xenomooch and Space Corps: ReVITAlized, now playing on a Vita near you.

My PSP Levels
    The Space Corps Series -- The Star Bores Saga -- The Interwebs

Keep Moving Forward ConverseFox's Avatar
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 508
    7 days registered 30 days registered 3 months registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    cory_7101995
    Blog Entries

*Presses up on the D-Pad 3 times, presses L2 & R2, pushes up on both sticks, and rocks the Dualshock 3 Controller back and forth *

KEEP
    CALM

AND
    ALLONS-
    Y!

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 419
    100 Experience Points Created Album pictures 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    WoodburyRaider
    Blog Entries

Hey thanks CC,

To be honest I initially was confused and a little angered about the site update, especially the removing of the "LBP for PSP" link in the toolbar. But as it turns out, you were right about it being important for us to look at the rest of the site instead of just clicking that link right away since I had absolutely no idea this "Site Update" thread existed. I even created a thread in the PSP section asking what happened....I should probably go delete that...

Anyways thanks for the update and everything I'm sure other people will grow to like it just like me.

Good stuff! Thanks for the change, now people can actually see what we're doing!

PS3 Levels:
    Wooden Chaos
    PSP Levels:
    The Color of Music *Spotlight*
    Coffee Cake *Spotlight*
    Info about levels located in the LBP PSP forums.

14. Thanks!

Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 979
    Your First Group 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    CyberSora

Awesome! Now there's no way the PSP'ers can make up excuses for their lack of site involvement.

Thanks for the changes.

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 419
    100 Experience Points Created Album pictures 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    WoodburyRaider
    Blog Entries

As I said earlier I like the new site update and all but I do have one suggestion. I think that you should take the "Ideas and Projects" sub-forum and make it a normal forum since it is just as popular as the rest (at least it had been lately) and now I feel that less people know where it is which could slow things down a bit.

LBPCentral Spotlight Crew Kartavitalicious! Night Angel's Avatar
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 844
    Overall activity: 41.0%

PSN
    NightAngel321
    Blog Entries

I really like the update, CC! Keep working your magic!

"Staring at Craftworld and creating unfinished levels since 2008."
    ★| The Space Temples Saga (Vita) | ★Journey of the Cosmos★ |★

18. Thanks!

Right back at it again. Voltergeist's Avatar
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 468
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Your First Group 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    VoItergeist

atfirstiwaslikebuttheniwaslike.jpg

is my general reaction. When I started reading, I was pretty mad. I have some deep-seeded issues with the PS3 community. But in the long run, it really won't bother me - after all, I can always seal off any PS3 scum with the hiding buttons.

Besides, in the end the community will decide how open we are, not a layout change. And I think the majority of our little group will choose wisely.

Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 600
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 7 days registered 500 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points

Default Omgwtfbbq!

Okay, so I looked out of my LBPC window today and saw a whole lot of PS3-ers. Huh? It appears we have been teleported in the night right into uncharted territory by some sneaky mods. D: Whew, at least the entire PSP side hasn't suddenly disappeared like the our button at top of the page...

Uh...Discuss? Oh yeah, and heres the link. Mods feel free to lock this if it is unnecessary.

Just merged it in for ya - no need for two threads Thanks.
    Last edited by PygmyOwl; 12-28-2010 at 10:57 AM.
    HNNNNNNNNG. Creating on hold, I am drawing mostly now. I hope you don't mind.
    Published levels: Night Sky Dreams *Spotlight Nod* (currently unpublished)
    Temple of Glass -Prologue-and 1*Fastbro's Pick*
    12 D.O.C A Frosty Situation *Spotlighted*
    Published on my own PSN: Shards

21. Thanks!

I think this is a great change. I've always been a bit peeved off with how the PSP section onlt had a tiny bit of the home page, so it's good to see us properly represented. As for the removal of the link - I've got it in my favourites anyway.

LBPCentral PSP Level of the Year *RESULTS*

PSP Levels: Total Wipeout - PSP World - Pork Chop *SLC Winner*
    Sack Invaders *Spotlighted* -Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Sack
    The Final Frontier *Spotlighted + RFTC Winner*

23. Thanks!

Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 600
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 7 days registered 500 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points

Hmpf. Its is getting a bit annoying, I keep accidentally clicking the 'donate' button. Maybe its a secret plot by CC to get us to give money to LBPC!
    HNNNNNNNNG. Creating on hold, I am drawing mostly now. I hope you don't mind.
    Published levels: Night Sky Dreams *Spotlight Nod* (currently unpublished)
    Temple of Glass -Prologue-and 1*Fastbro's Pick*
    12 D.O.C A Frosty Situation *Spotlighted*
    Published on my own PSN: Shards

Time to make some ps3 friends
    [PSP]:Water Works:Spotlighted, On A Roll:Spotlight Nod, Rocks And Gems:Spotlighted.
    Wheel Room Rampage:Spotlight Nod, Bee Keepers:Spotlighted.

EPIC UPDATE.

That's what this is!

27. Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast