BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Can someone do a tutorial on making the sackbot do fighting moves?

I plan on making a fighting game like SSB.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpent541 View Post
    Can someone do a tutorial on making the sackbot do fighting moves?

I plan on making a fighting game like SSB.
    More details, what exactly do you want?

Quick questions regarding sackbots, how do I get one to kill me? Besides the obvious like using the creatinator. Any help?

Quote Originally Posted by LosDodgers View Post
    Quick questions regarding sackbots, how do I get one to kill me? Besides the obvious like using the creatinator. Any help?
    You could use the Aiming/Shooting tutorial in the OP, you could lethalize them, if you are controlling a sackbot you can use a destroyer.

Put a danger sensor on his chip? Not sure what you mean, but if you mean by touch electric or fire would do the trick.

What's a DCS? ._. I'm not really good with these things.

Quote Originally Posted by PetStars View Post
    What's a DCS? ._. I'm not really good with these things.
    DCS is the original name for the Controllinator.
    It's just quicker to call it a DCS.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremnen View Post
    You could use the Aiming/Shooting tutorial in the OP, you could lethalize them, if you are controlling a sackbot you can use a destroyer.
    Well I don't want to lethalize them, but I do want them to be deadly. (Toward me.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biv View Post
    Put a danger sensor on his chip? Not sure what you mean, but if you mean by touch electric or fire would do the trick.
    What would the danger sensor do?

So I tried the Aiming/Shooting thing but whenever I aim, it turns the whole sackbot around too? Any way to fix this? I also want to make it emit per button press, not continually emit if I hold down the button, do you know how I can do this? Hopefully I get the hang of these things soon....

EDIT: I also plan to make sackbots attack when you control them. For example: You press the O button and it shows a recorded acting scene of a punch while it emits a some dangerous thing (such as a fire filled wave) and kills another sackbot. Will you be able to make it clear for me on how to do this? This sackbot stuff is still getting me confused ._.
    Last edited by PetStars; 01-22-2011 at 12:51 AM.

Well I don't want to lethalize them, but I do want them to be deadly. (Toward me.)

What would the danger sensor do?
    Making them Emit stuff or use a createinator are the only ways.

Quote Originally Posted by PetStars View Post
    So I tried the Aiming/Shooting thing but whenever I aim, it turns the whole sackbot around too? Any way to fix this? I also want to make it emit per button press, not continually emit if I hold down the button, do you know how I can do this? Hopefully I get the hang of these things soon....

EDIT: I also plan to make sackbots attack when you control them. For example: You press the O button and it shows a recorded acting scene of a punch while it emits a some dangerous thing (such as a fire filled wave) and kills another sackbot. Will you be able to make it clear for me on how to do this? This sackbot stuff is still getting me confused ._.
    First paragraph: Sounds like you hooked up the left stick intstead of the right stick, left stick controls movement, right stick aims.
    Set the emitter to emit one at a time.

Second Paragraph: Put a sackbot in a DCS, record the action, set the DCS to Transmit. Put a DCS in a MC in the Sackbot and put a hook up whatever you want to activate it into the Mc.

Making them Emit stuff or use a createinator are the only ways.
    Alright thank you. Another quick question if you don't mind, how do I get sackbots to emit? I have tried using the emitter but it doesn't really work.

Alright thank you. Another quick question if you don't mind, how do I get sackbots to emit? I have tried using the emitter but it doesn't really work.
    Sackbot > DCS > Button you want to emit with > Hook into emitter > put Object into emitter > Tweak emitter however you want it
    That should work.

wow pretty helpful tutorial! this will help tons of people.

14. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Biv View Post
    Sackbot > DCS > Button you want to emit with > Hook into emitter > put Object into emitter > Tweak emitter however you want it
    That should work.
    Thank you so very much!

Sorry... I haven't quite grasped the logic yet but I'm getting the hang of it, but I'm pretty sure I set up all the sensors and logic for the grab MC but it still isn't working while the others work just fine. What am I doing wrong this time? ._.
    Sorry for so much questions..>.<
    Last edited by PetStars; 01-22-2011 at 04:06 AM.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast