BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bremnen View Post
    Making them Emit stuff or use a createinator are the only ways.
    Alright thank you. Another quick question if you don't mind, how do I get sackbots to emit? I have tried using the emitter but it doesn't really work.

Quote Originally Posted by LosDodgers View Post
    Alright thank you. Another quick question if you don't mind, how do I get sackbots to emit? I have tried using the emitter but it doesn't really work.
    Sackbot > DCS > Button you want to emit with > Hook into emitter > put Object into emitter > Tweak emitter however you want it
    That should work.

wow pretty helpful tutorial! this will help tons of people.

4. Thanks!

You could use the Aiming/Shooting tutorial in the OP, you could lethalize them, if you are controlling a sackbot you can use a destroyer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biv View Post
    Put a danger sensor on his chip? Not sure what you mean, but if you mean by touch electric or fire would do the trick.
    Sackbot > DCS > Button you want to emit with > Hook into emitter > put Object into emitter > Tweak emitter however you want it
    That should work.
    Thank you so very much!

Sorry... I haven't quite grasped the logic yet but I'm getting the hang of it, but I'm pretty sure I set up all the sensors and logic for the grab MC but it still isn't working while the others work just fine. What am I doing wrong this time? ._.
    Sorry for so much questions..>.<
    Last edited by PetStars; 01-22-2011 at 04:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PetStars View Post
    Sorry... I haven't quite grasped the logic yet but I'm getting the hang of it, but I'm pretty sure I set up all the sensors and logic for the grab MC but it still isn't working while the others work just fine. What am I doing wrong this time? ._.
    Sorry for so much questions..>.<
    If you mean A.I, 100% bettery into R1.
    If directly by DCS, just map R1,

More details, what exactly do you want?
    Using animations to make fighting moves like the Marvel vs Capcom game that was in the beta. I already figured out how to make the fighting moves, but i need to know how to make it hurt other sackbots.

It's Super Effective. TjoxYorro's Avatar
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    Tjoyorro
    Blog Entries

Very good tutorial! I love it and used it alot (for as long as i have the game).

Sometimes when i see LBP2 logic i feel like this game is Rated R for Rocket Scientist. :3

BTW: I think you forgot to mention in the wall running tut, that you also have to hook up the impact sensor with the on/off input on the advanced mover. (I don't know if this is true, but you can see a wire in the picture)
    Last edited by TjoxYorro; 01-22-2011 at 10:32 AM.
    Back in LBP2, and ready to create!

10. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Serpent541 View Post
    Using animations to make fighting moves like the Marvel vs Capcom game that was in the beta. I already figured out how to make the fighting moves, but i need to know how to make it hurt other sackbots.
    I haven't personally done that yet, but I can ask around and try to get a tutorial for that.

Quote Originally Posted by TjoxYorro View Post
    Very good tutorial! I love it and used it alot (for as long as i have the game).

Sometimes when i see LBP2 logic i feel like this game is Rated R for Rocket Scientist. :3

BTW: I think you forgot to mention in the wall running tut, that you also have to hook up the impact sensor with the on/off input on the advanced mover. (I don't know if this is true, but you can see a wire in the picture)
    Thanks, I'll fix that right now.

Do you think you could add a tut on Sackbot checkpoint systems?

Quote Originally Posted by 11204 View Post
    Do you think you could add a tut on Sackbot checkpoint systems?
    I think what you want is sackboy in a DCS, on a peice of holo, following sackbot, and a tag/sensor with a not gate so that when the Sackbot is not recognized it spawns another.
    Oh, and a destroyer on the holo with a sensor and not gate so that when the sackbot is destroyed it will destroy the holo, killing sackboy.

If you want an in-depth tutorial I can make one.

I'm busy right now but I am going to do a Medium/Advanced A.I tutorial and as much of the stuff that people are asking for as I can by tomorrow.
    I'm trying to get at least 2 tutorials at a time so the list of tuts can grow quickly.

14. Thanks!

great tutoirials, really helpful thanks!, just wondering, i saw that sackbots could use dcs's and i wondered how this would work, could we have a tutorial on that? thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Trindall View Post
    This is great information to have as there is a lot of new ways of thinking I need to figure out with some of this. Something I've just tried to get working without much progress is to have the player control via DCS a sackbot. (Easy enough, plenty of information on this.)

Pressing a button emits another sackbot that the player gains control of while the first sackbot becomes disabled. When another button is pressed then the emitted sackbot is destroyed and player control returns to the first sackbot.

There could be variations on this with having multiple sackbots in an area and pressing a button to switches the player control from one sackbot to the next to the next and then back again to the first.

Or even destroying the current DCS controlled sackbot with a button input/triggered event and replacing it in the same cycle with a different DCS controlled sackbot of different size/costuming/control scheme or whatever.

Any advice anyone has on this will be a great help. Cheers.
    You should be able to do this via make one generic bot hooked up to your DCS system for it, and then duplicate it four times.

Then have your character in a 5th identical DCS with one added control switch, your toggle button, let it be R3 or L3 or any switch not used in the original DCSs

Then make a 4 IO selector for each control for the secondary DCSs, hook up each output to one of the respective DCS controls.

In fact you can remove the DCS from the equation and have a big stack of 4IO selectors, one for each output of the main DCS the player sits in.

Then hook up each output of the selector to the respective command, IE lets say you have 4 sackbots, you'll need a selector for left, right, jump, grab, etc etc, then hook up the first output of the grab's selector to the first sackbots grab logic, the second output to the second sackbots grab logic, etc etc.

Then connect the R1 DCS to an AND gate between each of the four outputs of the grab's selector.

Finally, hook up your cycle button to each of the bottom cycling inputs of the selectors.

Thus, when you hit the cycle button, all of the selectors cycle to connect to the next sackbot, and when you hit any of your buttons it completes the circuit between the selector and the sackbot it's going to, executing the command.

Add in a camera that's turned on for the sackbot when you cycle to it so you can see it too!

As an added option you may want to add a, say, green tag to each sackbot, set to be toggled on when you have control of it.

You could then theoretically make a command that tells the 3 sackbots you don't control to switch from idle mode to follow green waypoint mode, and make the one you control say a greeting and wave his hand or something, aka, summoning the other three to your side.

I just finished making a zombie survival level that used a lot of sackbot AI, btw turns out if you set sackbot to use the creatinator they can also use the paintinator :o
    I even have the AIs of the assisting NPC sackbots and the Zombie sackbots as prizes for the level, so you can take them and put them in your level and see how I made them work.

Tutoriual #2: Bringing your Sackbot to Life!
    Here's a few useful things you might want to add to your bots to make them feel less like scenery and more like sentient helpers in your level.

Impact Sensor -> Sackbot soundclip : Grunt
    This will make your sackbot grunt every time he lands on the ground, hits something, etc.

Projectile Sensor -> Sackbot soundclip : Disgusted
    This is a nice addition for when you have the creatinator in your level, if you accidently shoot your friendly sackbot he'll shake his head and grumble at you!

Player Sensor (very close proximity) -> Sackbot soundclip : Greeting + AI action (wave motion)
    This will make your sackbot stop following you and wave a short greeting when he gets up to you.

Colored tag Switch (medium proximity) -> Sackbot soundclip : query. Also set AI to look at waypoints of the same color
    This will make your sackbot look at the switch and go "heh?" when he sees it. Stick these colored tags on any object of interest in your levels, switches, enemies, etc. It's a good way also to help guide the player subtly in your levels.

Grab Sensor -> Sackbot Soundclip : query.
    Same idea as the previous tip, this one makes your sackbot make a confused sound when the player grabs onto him and tugs him around.

The list goes on, but these little tweaks are excellent ways to really make your sackbots stick out in your levels.

17. Thanks!

thats really cool! do you think, it would be possible to get a sackbot to use A.I. to use a controlinator? it would probably be insanely complicated.

It'd probably be easier to simulate it by having the object being controlled by the controlinator do everything the sackbot would make it do, when it detects a sackbot sitting it, and maybe also have the sackbot do some AI action movements to simulate him hitting the buttons and etc.

20. Thanks!

You could use A.I to make a sackbot control the controllinator, but its easier to simulate it by having any movements feed into the On/Off of microchips that have DCS's(controllinators) in them with batteries hooked up to the input of the directions.(All within the original DCS that the sackbot is in.)

You would need four microchips and four DCSs

MicroChip > DCS > Battery set to either 100% or -100% hooked into input of Left/Right or Up/Down

Make four, one for each movement, left, down, right, up, and have whatever logic you are using that has directions hook into the bottom of the MicroChip for that direction.
    That way the Sackbot should make the corresponding movement. Since its basically the same as if it was doing it himself.

@o0shda
    If you are asking how to get it inside the DCS, set Automatically enter On.
    If you are asking about the sackbot controlling the DCS, you can control is remotely using sackoy in a DCS, you could use recorded actions, or you could use Logic/A.I.

Okay, okay, so I've got a Player/DCS Sackbot and I want to make it transform. For example, imagine Mario running into a mushroom and growing larger. (A larger sackbot replacing another...) How would you go about swapping control from one sackbot to the other? Actually, how would you make one sackbot emit another while simultaneously getting rid of itself?

And if that isn't impossible enough, what about if you wanted to make, say, Sonic roll into a ball (replace a sackbot with a pinball) on crouch, then stand up again when he gets too slow. While keeping momentum consistent.

How would you implement screen wraparound using logic? Think of the classic 8 bit games like JetPack or Asteroids. Lots of games 'extended' the gameplay area by having the player go off one edge of the screen and appear on the opposite side. The orignial Stardust on Amiga did this, whereas Johnee's asteroid shooter, awesome as it is, is a bit claustrophobic due to invisible walls.

I imagine you'd need clones, having several copies of a game piece all one-screen's distance apart, such that when a piece moves off screen on one side, its clone appears opposite. I have no idea how that could be managed though!

Updated OP.

Edit: I also added lionharts second tutorial to the OP, thanks for contributing!

Quote Originally Posted by Luminous_Reaver View Post
    Okay, okay, so I've got a Player/DCS Sackbot and I want to make it transform. For example, imagine Mario running into a mushroom and growing larger. (A larger sackbot replacing another...) How would you go about swapping control from one sackbot to the other? Actually, how would you make one sackbot emit another while simultaneously getting rid of itself?

And if that isn't impossible enough, what about if you wanted to make, say, Sonic roll into a ball (replace a sackbot with a pinball) on crouch, then stand up again when he gets too slow. While keeping momentum consistent.
    Emit the bigger sackbot with a DCS set to recieve the same as the one you were just controlling, and a tag.
    On the Sackbot you were controlling, have a tag sensor hook into a destroyer.

Quote Originally Posted by Shifty Geezer View Post
    How would you implement screen wraparound using logic? Think of the classic 8 bit games like JetPack or Asteroids. Lots of games 'extended' the gameplay area by having the player go off one edge of the screen and appear on the opposite side. The orignial Stardust on Amiga did this, whereas Johnee's asteroid shooter, awesome as it is, is a bit claustrophobic due to invisible walls.

I imagine you'd need clones, having several copies of a game piece all one-screen's distance apart, such that when a piece moves off screen on one side, its clone appears opposite. I have no idea how that could be managed though!
    If you mean like Pac-man, you would need a Tag Sensor hooked into a destroyer on your game peice and a tag for when you go off screen, it'll activate and destroy it. Then have another tag inside of your game peice, emitter, Tag Sensor and NOT gate off to the side, increase the radius and set it so that when it isn't registered it emits another peice on the other side. Of course you would need to keep one on each side. You could also try a peice of holo following it with the logic inside of a microchip.

To keep the emitters level with your ship you could try a long peice of holo set to follow, and have them on there. So that it goes up/down with you, making sure you come out on the other side at the same height you when in.

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 324
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    WA_delmaw

How to make checkpoint system to sackobot that is controlled by player

First you want to make checkpoint from thin material or anything you want.
    Create microchip and place it to the checkpoint.
    Place selector with two inputs in the microchip.
    Create tag sensor that detects tag "active" with max radius and hook it to first input of selector.
    Create tag sensor that detects when player activates the checkpoint and hook it second input of selector.
    Create MC inside the microchip and hook second output of the selector to activate input of that MC.
    Create tag with label "active" inside the MC.
    Create tag sensor inside MC that detects player with max radius and invert it.
    Place emitter that emits new sackbot and hook sensor that detects player with max radius to it.

This is only bare version but you can add your own visuals to it if you want.

I hope that this is understandable and that it helps. If there is something to ask ask it.
    Last edited by waD_Delma; 01-25-2011 at 05:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAffected View Post
    IT WAS THE BEST SALMON FLAVORED CHICKEN EVER!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by chinook3 View Post
    OMG!!!!! ITS GOING TO EXPLODE!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! *gush*pow*

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast