Hello everyone! I just published my first level in LBP2, going by the name "Sackbot X - Arena Battle". The goal of the level is to destroy all spawning enemies that shoot at you while avoiding to take damage. The more players present, the faster the enemies spawn.
The gameplay is very simple in this first version, but I already have support for eight different weapons, super shots for each weapon, multiple lives and other features. All of this will be incorporated later on.
This level will work as a testbed to see how different kind of enemies and weapons work and just to have fun with friends. Eventually Sackbot X will be made into a Mega Man style game that spans over multiple stages with bosses and all sorts of crazy stuff.
Hope you enjoy this first taste of what's in store for Sackbot X! Feedback is always appreciated!
Results 1 to 7 of 7
Thread: Sackbot X - Arena Battle
Sackbot X - Arena Battle
Updated to v0.02, changes from v0.01:
- Each player has four different weapons at their disposal
- Added User Interface that shows each players' selected weapon
- Enemies spawn quicker the more players are playing
- A penalty of -50 points is suffered when you use the SHIELD weapon
- A penalty of -10 points is suffered when you use the FIRE weapon
- All four players now have different looking sackbots, RED, BLUE, GREEN and YELLOW
Still to do:
- Individual health for each player
- Versus mode where players battle each other, not enemies
- More enemy types
- More weapons
- Charged up version of weapons
Here are some pics of the level:
Hey about to try it out, will you try out my level Bird Hunting? It's a work in progress but it's coming along...
Am I supposed to only be able to see a fourth of the level? Because that is all it will let me see.
Ok I think I fixed it now. Hopefully it'll work in online multiplayer now too.
Kay I'll try again later and get back to you
Updated to v0.03.
- Created a flaming dragon monster that enters the game midway through
- Fixed a couple of bugs
- Made the enemies slightly weaker
- Enemies now give more points when yo hit them
- Added sound effects when you get hit
Last edited by Linque; 01-26-2011 at 05:25 PM.