BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Clockworx 2

Default Clockworx 2

First things first - if you've not played the original Clockworx, here's the thread: Link

Now, the important thing I should mention is that this level is NOT the same. In the first one most of the fun came from quickly bouncing all over the place to get combos, whereas this one is much more about precision and skill. And it's harder. I don't believe there's any point in making the same thing twice. Happily the first Clockworx is one of my two LBP1 levels that still works in LBP2, so if you're looking for an experience the same then go and play that one.

Right then, so... Clockworx 2. The basic idea and theme is the same - there are 23 bounce pads in a circle, which spin faster and faster. Every so often a bounce pad will explode, leaving a gap which you have to jump over. The longer you survive, the faster it spins and there more gaps there'll be, until eventually things become frantic and crazy. There's a big element of luck involved (more so than the first one), but every time you play the experiencewill be completely different.

Features
    • Bounce pads! You'll get 10 points for each one you hit.
    • Burning bounce pads! These are on fire and should be avoided.
    • Exploding bounce pads! These will flash red and then explode, creating the gaps you'll also have to avoid.
    • Green bounce pads! There'll be one lit up at a time. Bounce on on it and you'll get 50 points instead of 10, and then it'll move somewhere else. The key to getting a high score is to aim for these whenever you can.
    • Blue bounce pads! These are quite rare, but if you see one, bounce on it and you'll get a 15 second power-up. There are three in total:
      • Double Points - Gives you twice as many points for each bounce pad hit. So normal ones will give you 20 and green ones will give you 100.
      • Slow Motion - Slows down time.
      • Frenzy - You have to see this one in action to fully understand it. Basically - lots of green bounce pads will light up.
    • A menu! Jump straight into the action, view a quick tutorial on how to play, or view the hi-scores.

Hints & Tips
    • Bouncing from side to side will get you points quicker than bouncing up and down in the same spot.
    • No bounce pad will explode whilst a power-up is active, so hit the blue bounce pads as soon as you can.
    • Slow motion will freeze the timer, so it won't get any faster whilst it's active.
    • Remember that fire won't kill you on first impact. If it's a choice between electric floor and burning bounce pad, go for the bounce pad.
    • When double points is active go for the green bounce pads. You'll get a LOT of points.

Known Issues
    • Multiplayer not working. Only two players seem to spawn, and sometimes nobody gets menu control. I'm working to fix this asap. EDIT: I think I've fixed the spawning issue, but please let me know if you have any problems with multiplayer!
    • Bounce pads not always giving points. Not sure why this is, hit them in the center and you shoud get it.
    • Getting points after dying. This doesn't always happen but it's because I use a player sensor to give points. Annoyingly an impact sensor doesn't always register a hit.
    • Double exploding bounce pads. Maybe this was intentional, maybe it was a bug that I left in because it made things more interesting. But watch out for it!
    • Green bounce pads may take a while changing location and flicker a bit. This is due to the extreme mess of logic I've used. The important thing is that there will always be a green bounce pad at any given time.

Right, I think I'd better end this post now. It's a bit long and since I started writing it the level has been Mm picked and has over 1,000 plays, which is rather crazy and unexpected. I also need to go and reclaim the high score, when testing the level my best was about 2,500, but I'm sure over 3,000 is possible. Anyway, I'd really appreicate if you could check it out, give it a play or two, and of course feedback is always welcome.

Last edited by Nuclearfish; 01-25-2011 at 04:40 PM.

I actually just saw this in Mm picks and am loving it!

According to LBP.me I've played it 8 times already, it's that fun.

3. Thanks!

Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 987
    Overall activity: 0%
    Your First Group 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    22eaSDDASFIKJASD
    Blog Entries

Queued, gonna play it later when I'm done with Castle Crashers!

Looks like a lot of fun, loved the first Clockworx!

5. Thanks!

Needs to play LBP2 again. kirbyman62's Avatar
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 259
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Recommendation Second Class 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    kirbyman62
    Blog Entries

Oh yay! This sounds fun, loved the original (probably my favourite one of your minigames). I'll defiantly play later!

7. Thanks!

I just choked on my food out of excitement. How does that make you feel? :c

Queue'd! Can't wait!
    Bye

9. Thanks!

Very good. I want to see it in create mode once the loading bug patch hits.

11. Thanks!

A very nice "taking it to LBP 2" level. I had not played Clockworx but I did after playing Clockworx 2. I am impressed with where you took it. I bet you had a smile on your face when updating the concept with the LBP 2 tools so well. Great Job!

13. Thanks!

Looks really good, adding it to my Q
    I need feedback on my TOWER DEFENCE level

15. Thanks!

Wow man, thats really impressive. Q'd for later.

17. Thanks!

It's been a crazy day so far... Mm picked, 38,000 plays and number 1 on trending and cool pages! Didn't expect that.

Quote Originally Posted by GreyMRP View Post
    I just choked on my food out of excitement. How does that make you feel? :c

Queue'd! Can't wait!
    Pleased yet slightly disgusted.

Quote Originally Posted by BasketSnake View Post
    Very good. I want to see it in create mode once the loading bug patch hits.
    Certainly. It's a bit messy though, there's circuit boards and random bits of logic all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by EinRobot View Post
    A very nice "taking it to LBP 2" level. I had not played Clockworx but I did after playing Clockworx 2. I am impressed with where you took it. I bet you had a smile on your face when updating the concept with the LBP 2 tools so well. Great Job!
    Thanks. I've been planning this level ever since LBP2 was announced, and it's been great fun to finally be able to make it.

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 482
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    cthulhu82
    The City of R'Lyeh (aka Sunderland, North East of England)
    Blog Entries

This is a great level. So simple and yet so hard and quite addictive.

20. Thanks!

awesome, awesome!
    once I was in the top 3 but then ten thousands of people suddenly played it
    well deserved MM Pick and well converted remake!
    How long did it take to build?
    Of course Smiled (do we say that now?) and Hearted

22. Thanks!

Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 153
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    AeroForce22

Queue'd for later. Congrats on the Mm Pick too Nuclear! From your past levels, you certainly deserve it.

24. Thanks!

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 100
    Created Album pictures 100 Experience Points Created Blog entry 7 days registered 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    OcamposMoon
    Blog Entries

I'm being tempted to get this game right now because of this! Renting, if not buying it...
    My oeuvre:
    Grounds Gates (obsolete, sorry!) | Sanctuarium | Funoranium (locked!) | Brounwhyte Hollow |
    LBN CROWNS: The Christmas Invite | Madam Christmas' Tower of Tallness | Columbarium

26. Thanks!

Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    PSN
    FreeAim
    Blog Entries

This level is as addictive as tetris! Great work! It's my favourite survival challenge of all time. Almost got a hi-score in it...

28. Thanks!

You have created the best minigame I have ever seen! Great Job, this level is really edicting and I spent about an hour trying to get a high score with no luck, Levels like these really show whats possible in LBP2. I didn't play the first one so I didn't no what to expect, but all I can say it was awesome great work. And a Mm pick, I'm jealous

Congrats, keep those levels coming.

30. Thanks!

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 585

PSN
    Aquila_Shock-99
    Blog Entries

This level is awesome!

The visuals are amazing, I love the menu and the game itself is really fun. Congrats on Mm Pick! This will hopefully get a spotlight for your efforts too....

You're pretty much the LBP1 and 2 MASTER OF MINIGAMES! Seriously, well done lad. and a . And a and another queue and WHATEVER!

Sig by Pigg(abling)

Mai LBP.me

Aquila_Shock-99

LBP2 Platinum! Yayz!

32. Thanks!

One of the rare survival levels from LBP1 that I actually enjoyed! Queued!

34. Thanks!

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 269

PSN
    dr_murk

You know, you really should reward people for bouncing on the flashing red bounce pads. Give e'm 75 points or something.

Dare them to be dangerous!!
    My Levels: Mr. Pollock's Dream

Current Projects
    I Dream of Circles- in development
    The Shack- in development

"Nothing is more unnerving to the truly conventional than the unashamed misfit." -J.K. Rowling

36. Thanks!

Love it; too bad I can't stay alive for more than 2 minutes. XD
    Green Planet
    Want your level reviewed by yours truly? Click here! || IMPORTANT: PS3 Bricked. Have to get a new one, so no reviews for a while. Happened 3/3/11, sorry for the delay guys. ):

38. Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast