BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Dr. Dooley's Contraptical Obstacle Course

http://lbp.me/v/w3-c95

Hey all, I'm back in the swing with a new level! Dr. Dooley has created some music but it got away and it's angry. Navigate the obstacle course to find and defeat it and you might get the song as a prize!

A high energy level with challenging swings and bounces, lots of secret areas jammed with bubbles and a custom song.
    Pictures to come....

Last edited by Aselrahc; 01-31-2011 at 03:31 PM. Reason: add pictures

You might want to post the link to the lbp.me page so that people can get to it more easily. I queued up on title alone. I'll try to give you some feedback on it as soon as I can.

3. Thanks!

Ok, got the link up, it's not as pretty as others I've seen, but it works!
    Last edited by Aselrahc; 01-28-2011 at 02:56 PM.

6. Thanks!

Mr. Pickled, (a great assumption you are a mister, correct me if I'm wrong) Thanks for queueing up this level. I hope to hear all about what you loved and didn't love. Btw, I love the style and population of your DeliverMe levels. Very fun to play and look at!

8. Thanks!

Pictures added!

Ooohhh.. nice! Hadn't noticed this. Added to que!
    F4F Participant
    Levels published: F4F: LIBERATOR - Spotlighted!!!! -, Vectroids - MM Picked!!! Spotlighted!!!! -, Sea Dragon -Spotlighted-, Roll out the Barrel! -Spotlighted-, Splat Invaders III: Insurrection - Spotlighted-, Destiny! -Spotlighted! MM Community pick!-, Vertigo! -Spotlighted-, Splat Invaders Saga -Spotlighted! IGN Pick!-, Splat Invaders II: The Caverns of Splat -Spotlighted!-, Tiger Woods Mini Golf -Spotlighted!-, Starship Troopers -Spotlighted!-

11. Thanks!

Great pics!!! I like your style. I will play this today bud!

The Strange Adventures of Dr. Nocte Chapter 1, 2, 3-A and 3-B (Spotlighted)

Soon ...the Next Chapters of Nocte in LBP2!!!

LBP2 New Saga Project: DO SACKBOTS DREAM OF ELECTRIC SHEEP? http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/sho...307#post563307

13. Thanks!

Thanks guys. BTW, I meant to post this F for F. If anyone wants feedback I'd be happy to give it!

And Duckywolf, I was trying so hard to remember your Dr. Nocte series name. I played the first one a while back and really liked the style and story. Now that I see it in your sig, I will queue it up and play through it!
    Last edited by Aselrahc; 01-31-2011 at 07:20 PM.

As usual, a great job! You've made fantastic use of the different LBP2 mechanics. The thing that I really liked about this level is that it's designed for intermediate to expert. You can choose to be safe, or really work at perfecting some difficult challenges. Also, the visuals are clean and excellent.

Great job! Happy face and a heart!
    F4F Participant
    Levels published: F4F: LIBERATOR - Spotlighted!!!! -, Vectroids - MM Picked!!! Spotlighted!!!! -, Sea Dragon -Spotlighted-, Roll out the Barrel! -Spotlighted-, Splat Invaders III: Insurrection - Spotlighted-, Destiny! -Spotlighted! MM Community pick!-, Vertigo! -Spotlighted-, Splat Invaders Saga -Spotlighted! IGN Pick!-, Splat Invaders II: The Caverns of Splat -Spotlighted!-, Tiger Woods Mini Golf -Spotlighted!-, Starship Troopers -Spotlighted!-

16. Thanks!

Thanks! I was afraid it was too hard for some. As you build a level you work it out as you go and while I can navigate the level really well, it is always a concern that others will have a hard time. Glad to be getting lots of good feedback. Thanks CC!

This level is really good. Creative platforming, catchy soundtrack, nice visuals...excellent work sir.

Check out my level if you're interested. Nowhere near the same level as yours, but somewhat enjoyable :P

The Case of the Missing Donut
    Last edited by Dietomaha; 02-01-2011 at 06:36 PM.

19. Thanks!

I will DietO!

LBPCentral Spotlight CrewLBPCentral Spotlight Crew shropshirelass's Avatar
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    shropshire-lass

Great level! I really enjoyed the different challenges and obstacles - ingenious stuff. As CCubbage said earlier, the level of difficulty is nicely judged in that someone like me can make it through the level but anyone wanting to snaffle the enticingly placed buuble stashes has to use a lot more skill and take bigger risks. This gives the level great replayability too.

The design is very strong - more austere than the cosy world of the Land of Crumb but with its own quirky charm. I think the bouncy tune (the one you're trying to catch, lol!) has a lot to with that. That and the figure of Dr Dooley who boogies alongside you throughout the level make a nice counterpoint to the more "serious" platforming and the industrial backdrop.

As you can probably tell I had a great time playing!

One small suggestion. It may be down to my clumsiness but I found the switch near the start which reveals the wall-mounted bouncepads kept getting in my way as I was trying to swing up to the next level. I would bump into it, making the bouncepads disappear again! Minor niggle really. Also the grappling hook at the start is quite tricky to get out. I suspect that's deliberate though and part of the challenge.

A definite and a from me. Glad you're back creating!
    Last edited by shropshirelass; 02-02-2011 at 06:00 PM.

22. Thanks!

Yes, S. Lass, i can see how the switch might get in the way. I will have a look at it and see if there is a better place to put it. Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.

added to que! look forward to trying it.

25. Thanks!

Terrific! I added a sponge to aid in some of the hard to reach bubbles. That way it still requires a lucky swing, but not a rediculously rare super lucky swing!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Aselrahc View Post
    http://lbp.me/v/w3-c95

Hey all, I'm back in the swing with a new level! Dr. Dooley has created some music but it got away and it's angry. Navigate the obstacle course to find and defeat it and you might get the song as a prize!

A high energy level with challenging swings and bounces, lots of secret areas jammed with bubbles and a custom song.
    Pictures to come....

First off, thanks for suggesting tweaking the glass settings on my level, that will help me alot. As for your level, I really enjoyed it. The only thing is, I think it is a little above my skill level on lbp. I keep dying at the part where you fall platform to platform dodging the spikes, I keep dying on the spikes. I'll try later to see if I can get through again. All in all a very nice looking level.
    I have made a crazy platformer where these weird electric elephants are trying to fry your sacboy/sacgirl. http://lbp.me/v/w5v5gp It's called "electric elephant".

28. Thanks!

30. Thanks!

I hope you are using the grappling hook to get down. As soon as you jump down, hit R1 to grab the orange sponge and let the grappling hook out. Jumping straight down is a big no-no, lol. If you are using it, then I would suggest just taking your time and making sure you are lined up with the safe spot before you let go.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast