BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Default Alternate Keyboard

I hate the little square one (same as Oblivion) as an onscreen keyboard.

I would like the option to choose between the small square one, and the large rectangular one you use for sending private messages..

Anyone agree?

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 635
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Your First Group 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    Dribblehand

Yeh. Also, I wish you could just start typing on a keyboard and then enter and the writings there... Like in MGO. If only..

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 519
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    The_Killian

I was thinking the same thing. Wish you had the option to change.

i'm shocked that you DON'T have the option to change. i thought that was an OS level thing (meaning the programmer just calls some keyboard command and all the functionality is contained there-in)

I totally agree, I hate the way the keyboard works and it takes forever to type long passages.

Using qwerty is miles faster then the phone style they have, It makes me hate typing in LBP

Sackperson

PSN
    SuperYuper

Quote Originally Posted by TheArmedReaper View Post
    Yeh. Also, I wish you could just start typing on a keyboard and then enter and the writings there... Like in MGO. If only..
    You can do that, I do that all the time

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,262
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    snrm007
    Blog Entries

much agreed. one of my freinds doesnt have a mic and he is very dum when it comes to that little square one

♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣ ♥♦

Its my fault, apparently. QuozL's Avatar
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 239

PSN
    quozl1

Just use a USB or Bluetooth Key Board they work perfectly, I don't understand what the problem is?

Cheers QuozL

Nil difficile volenti
    Thanks Code!!

I have to agree with the last post. It works fine with my keyboard. My Created Object list starts to get messy when I don't have my keyboard plugged in. I tend to skip typing with the gamepad pretty often.

Now if we could only get them to add in keyboard shortcuts, we'd be in business.
    Last edited by Justin Hopewell; 11-10-2008 at 05:49 AM.

I always use a usb keyboard. Playing without it is insane.
    PSN:Gunstar_Legends

Quote Originally Posted by QuozL View Post
    Just use a USB or Bluetooth Key Board they work perfectly, I don't understand what the problem is?

Cheers QuozL
    The problem is not everyone can be bothered to have another keyboard, or they just can't have one. I, myself, have a keyboard and it works great (granted, the server lags a bit sometimes, so I'll enter a message, and then 5 minutes later (exaggerating) it finally types in and sends it =/)

I agree though, what's up with having a bunch of letters on the same button? =/ I can understand on a cell phone, but... =/

I also wish there was a way to hide that keyboard in case you already have a peripheral one...

I haven't been on the forums much recently, but I still play LBP if you want to play.

Its my fault, apparently. QuozL's Avatar
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 239

PSN
    quozl1

Can't be bothered??, I have 3 old ones from previous PC's just laying around or for 20 bucks tops they cant get a cheapo USB keyboard new? C'mon it's worth it just so you don't have to type with the stupid controller. No lag here with typing using a wired connection, if you're using wireless try using wired you will be surprised at how bad the PS3 wireless is.

Cheers QuozL
    Last edited by QuozL; 11-10-2008 at 05:36 PM. Reason: typos

Nil difficile volenti
    Thanks Code!!

Quote Originally Posted by QuozL View Post
    Can't be bothered??, I have 3 old ones from previous PC's just laying around or for 20 bucks tops they cant get a cheapo USB keyboard new? C'mon it's worth it just so you don't have to type with the stupid controller. No lag here with typing using a wired connection, if you're using wireless try using wired you will be surprised at home bad the PS3 wireless is.

Cheers QuozL
    Trust me, if I -could- use a wired connection i would have done that by now =/

I haven't been on the forums much recently, but I still play LBP if you want to play.

Positive Change Advocate Elbee23's Avatar
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    Elbee23
    Blog Entries

We don't all have keyboards, but I am tempted to get one as the in game cell phone one is driving me nuts.

I think there are two types of "Sony ps3 factory built in game" keyboards, if you understand me. A small one and a long one. I much prefer the long version, it makes typing slow, but bearable. The cell phone one is just a pain, but it is made a little bit easier by reasonable predictive text. It's just a shame it does not pick up on capitilisation.

I'm guessing LBP went small so it does not cover too much of the screen. If only there was an option to set it or change it...