BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default The Dark Knight Rises (2012)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dark_Knight_Rises

The third and last Batman film to be directed by Chris Nolan, with Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle (there has been no confirmation that she will actually appear as Catwoman) and Tom Hardy as Bane.

Anne Hathaway I'm not entirely sure about, on top of the fact that a common criticism of Nolan's movies involves problems with female characters. However, Tom Hardy has proven that he can act, and I'm excited to see Bane get some proper treatment after the horrible Batman and Robin. Bane and Catwoman were both among the few people who ever learned Batman's true identity, and Bane has ties to Ra's al Ghul, so that could be a good way of finishing the story by connecting it with Batman Begins.

2. Thanks!

Might as well revive this topic now that the official trailer is here!

http://www.thedarkknightrises.com/

We don't get much but it's still awesome.

4. Thanks!

Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 129
    Overall activity: 0%
    Created Blog entry 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 7 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    craigmond
    Blog Entries

Looks cool.

Ah, Batman and Robin. Perhaps one of the greatest comedies I've ever seen.
    The world gets weirder every day.
    PSN: Marioface5

7. Thanks!

Lint
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered 30 days registered 250 Experience Points Created Album pictures
    PSN
    bubblegum909

My brother is all hyped up about this... -__- but it looks cool.

I'll concur with ya and just say that all I hope for is that Nolan takes into account what most writers and directors don't in that Bane is supposed to be one of Batman's strongest and smartest enemies.

Oh, and if he can manage to give Selina Kyle more character depth then Rachel it would be great as well.

10. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Dapiek Absaroka View Post
    I'll concur with ya and just say that all I hope for is that Nolan takes into account what most writers and directors don't in that Bane is supposed to be one of Batman's strongest and smartest enemies.
    By most you mean just that one really horrible movie where Bane was Poison Ivy's minion? Either way the answer is yes. He is set up to be a challenge to Batman both physically and intellectually. Personally I find it interesting that both of this movie's villains are characters who eventually found out Batman's secret identity.

12. Thanks!

I can't wait to see this movie! Christopher Nolan is one of my favorite directors! He had said that he didn't even want to direct a third movie unless the script would be just as good as or surpass The Dark Knight, so if he thinks that the story is good enough to stick with, then this should be a pretty amazing movie. I agree that the characters were chosen very well, but I still would have loved to see The Riddler in action.
    "If you don't stand for something, then you'll fall for everything." - Sucker Punch

My Levels- Tales of Olympus Part 1: Shipwrecked [Updated], Just Deserts.

I read that Bane breaks Batman's back in a 1993 comic. My guess is that instead of the psychotic Joker, Batman now have to face the brute force that is Bane. I'm thinking they'll go in a direction where Batman faces a physically strong opponent. If the story is good enough it will top even Dark Knight.

Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 357
    7 days registered 30 days registered 3 months registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    Macnme
    Blog Entries

Christian Bale just annoys me as Batman.
    He just doesn't have a personality - he's like a balloon on a stick.

And his fake 'gruff' voice that he tries to put on when in the Batman suit sounds like someone trying to imitate (poorly) that gravely voiced guy who does the voice-overs for film trailers. I just can't listen to a word he says without focusing on his rubbish, rubbish voice. It completely takes me out of the film.

Christian Bale will never be Batman for me... no matter how hard he tries (and you can tell he's trying as hard as he can - which isn't very hard )
    *The views expressed above do not necessarily reflect the views of LBPC and it's affiliated subsidiaries.
    ** If my post didn't make you smile, please re-read it in the voice of Groundskeeper Willie.

Magical Musical Workshop
    2000AD Judge Dredd : Mega City Decaffination
    2000AD Judge Dredd - First Day on the Job
    LBPT 4 Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Macnme View Post
    And his fake 'gruff' voice that he tries to put on when in the Batman suit sounds like someone trying to imitate (poorly) that gravely voiced guy who does the voice-overs for film trailers. I just can't listen to a word he says without focusing on his rubbish, rubbish voice. It completely takes me out of the film.
    I can hardly disagree with you on this point, that gruff voice was just... annoying.

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 359
    Overall activity: 2.0%

PSN
    HydraulicWaRiOr
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Macnme View Post
    Christian Bale just annoys me as Batman.
    He just doesn't have a personality - he's like a balloon on a stick.

Christian Bale will never be Batman for me... no matter how hard he tries (and you can tell he's trying as hard as he can - which isn't very hard )

Honestly, I don't think I've ever met anyone who was able to take Bale's Batman voice seriously even if they did like the movies overall. Personally, I think Bale plays a better Bruce Wayne (as both the "idiot billionaire" and tormented manchild) then he does Batman, which is probably why I'm one of the few people who likes Batman Begins over Dark Knight where the Batman persona has far less screentime and even has a few softer moments which seem oddly more appropriate to me then the gutteral growling. Though perhaps I'm just too spoiled with Kevin Conroy's voicework with the character after all these years.

20. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid-Coot View Post

Hello kitty.
    Whenever I first saw this on IGN, the first thing that I thought was "Wow this is ridiculous looking." I hope they make catwoman better then she looks in the picture.
    "If you don't stand for something, then you'll fall for everything." - Sucker Punch

Flogging Molly! Nov 30 :D Rhys125's Avatar
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 252

PSN
    Rhys125
    Blog Entries

Power of the Planet Spotlighted!

Rhys rhymes with Fleece & Peace; Not Flies & Pies.

"Be excellent to eachother" - Bill

You gotta admit, that's a nice bike.

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 641
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Your First Group 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    Russified
    Blog Entries

New trailer awwww yeah

Check out My Signature Thread ಠ_ಠ
    I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant.

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 1,157

PSN
    CogSpartan
    Blog Entries

Yeah, just saw that trailer and must say, it gave me goosebumps. It seriously looks amazing. Maybe even better than the Dark Knight.
    My newest level: Sycophant (1Player)
    Check out my Youtube videos, and subscribe if you like them!

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 543
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    tomodon246
    Blog Entries

I don't like Anne Hathaway.

The Actress, not the legit-wife-of-shakespeare-anne-hathaway.
    Do you trust me?

Looking for me?--------------------> http://lbp.me/u/tomodon246 <--------Here I am!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast