This is the first full level I have built, in any version of LittleBigPlanet. I'm pretty amazed that I managed to finish this level in just over two weeks (you gotta love the new logic tools). It's based on a one-button game idea I've had in my head for a while, so please enjoy.
-Some silver bounce pads don't give out 10 points when you hit them. I'm not entirely sure what the cause is.
Sometimes, your sackbot jumps too early, or the jump doesn't charge up at all. This is probably due to the collision detection. I could probably fix this with a hitbox underneath the sackbot.Fixed in version 1.2
I've also not tested this in online multiplayer, so let me know if it lags, or things get weird.
I'll try and give as much feedback about your levels, but I'm busy this weekend, so I'll give more constructive feedback priority.
Results 1 to 7 of 7
Hopping Madness (Co-op version now available)
Last edited by Entity; 02-16-2011 at 12:52 AM.
Gotta tell you.... I thoroughly enjoyed this one. It's POSSIBLE something like this has been done before in LBP2, but I certainly haven't seen anything like it. The idea of "charging up" your jumps and timing your way through the obstacles is brilliant. The visuals weren't too shabby, either.
One small suggestion - a bit of instructions at the beginning. The first time I went in, I had no earthly idea what I was doing. Yes, it said it was a single button... but I don't think it said what button it was or told me that I had to hold it to charge up my jump. I didn't figure it out until I started for the third time... but when I saw it, I thought "wow - that's REALLY cool!".
I ended up playing it for a while - very addicting. Nice job!F4F Participant
Levels published: F4F: LIBERATOR - Spotlighted!!!! -, Vectroids - MM Picked!!! Spotlighted!!!! -, Sea Dragon -Spotlighted-, Roll out the Barrel! -Spotlighted-, Splat Invaders III: Insurrection - Spotlighted-, Destiny! -Spotlighted! MM Community pick!-, Vertigo! -Spotlighted-, Splat Invaders Saga -Spotlighted! IGN Pick!-, Splat Invaders II: The Caverns of Splat -Spotlighted!-, Tiger Woods Mini Golf -Spotlighted!-, Starship Troopers -Spotlighted!-
I've made a few updates to the level:
- Added a couple of 10pt bounce pads to what I call the 'Pit of Death' section
- Changed the animation style of the sackbots to Eva, so that the idle animations are less visible
- Slightly tweaked the 'super jump'
- Modified the introduction, to give the player better instruction on what to do
- Made a few UV tweaks
- Modified one of the sackbots in a cage at the scoreboard, so they don't copy each other
- Changed level description, gives instructions
- Slight change to level badge
Sounds promising, I have it qeued!
Check out F4F level: http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/sho...cs-and-Video!)
Hey this level is great, although I'm not very good at it lol.
The charging jump works really well and is a lot of fun. I didn't even know it was possible!
I didn't get too far, and had to reset a few times, but it's really fun. I kept jumping too far, and the bounce pads would only send me further haha.
The only thing I wish is to skip the announcer. Everything else is perfect.
Updated this to version 1.2:
- The 'jump early or not at all' bug should now be fixed
- Added decorations to the cages at the scoreboard
- Sackbots now spin more in the air
- Sackbots will now have a worried expression when they're close to the boundaries
- A close level post is now activated at the start of the level
- The scoreboard music should never change now, as the main level sequencer is stopped
And finally, the biggest change: The level is now also available in co-op mode! http://lbp.me/v/xw2sg9