BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default A Bubbly Garden.

Based on my spotlighted PSP level, A Bubbly Garden is an intense score challenge, also my first PS3 Level. There are 3 areas that each have one secret, the secret emits arrows that guide you in keeping the combo. Very helpful, so go find them :P I want to remind you it is possible to have a combo going throughout a whole area. Yes, it's possible. I've done it in testing. But to get all three areas perfect in one run? That is the challenge. Good luck, go and get the highscore!

F4F: The first five to write me in-depth stuff get F4F. I'll go for LBP1, 2, or PSP. Please specify what level you want. Everyone likes specificity

If you want help finding all the secrets, use the levers at the end of the level to watch a cutscene for each one.

Thanks to Memodrix for recording this awesome video! Make sure you know that this is a older version than the current though.

-Valmassoi
    Last edited by anoken; 03-20-2011 at 08:50 PM.

2. Thanks!

LBPCentral Spotlight Crew Kartavitalicious! Night Angel's Avatar
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 844
    Overall activity: 41.0%

PSN
    NightAngel321
    Blog Entries

Bringing out the PSP guns are we?

I've queued this one up. I've also been thinking, after I'm finished with The Space Temples of Ra'Awu on PSP and the LBPJourney Project, to bring the Space Temples trilogy to LBP2. Don't see why it couldn't work :)

"Staring at Craftworld and creating unfinished levels since 2008."
    ★| The Space Temples Saga (Vita) | ★Journey of the Cosmos★ |★

4. Thanks!

Fun little level. Some problems with layer-switching at times but apart from that very enjoyable.
    Latest creation: Larry by Design: Faux City

See also:

Larry by Design: Faux City (F4F Thread)

Sackboy versus the Cardboard Creator (F4F Thread)

6. Thanks!

Very nice atmosphere and sound design and music to fit this. But from the pictures it seemed kinda misleading and from the title. When i first stepped i actually suspected bubbles and all that and bubble kings. It just seem so misleading and seem like you put that title there to let people play it. Its also kinda unoriginal no gameplay elements made me drop my jaw and say, Why I didn't think of that (also i fell through the level and was unable to complete it.But it is a remake and its fun and i i don't see me doing any better so heart it later
    Last edited by tuyyui; 02-22-2011 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Night Angel View Post
    Bringing out the PSP guns are we?

I've queued this one up. I've also been thinking, after I'm finished with The Space Temples of Ra'Awu on PSP and the LBPJourney Project, to bring the Space Temples trilogy to LBP2. Don't see why it couldn't work :)
    Yup I needed something to create on PS3, so I thought I might as well.. Queued eh? Can't wait to hear what you think! Btw, LBPJourney will be awesome, and I'm really excited. And space temples on PS3? 0_o (I'm imagining the awesomeness of it)

Quote Originally Posted by nerthus View Post
    Fun little level. Some problems with layer-switching at times but apart from that very enjoyable.
    Yeah, switching layers is a harder on PS3 compared to PSP, but that adds more to the difficulty

Quote Originally Posted by tuyyui View Post
    Very nice atmosphere and sound design and music to fit this. But from the pictures it seemed kinda misleading and from the title. When i first stepped i actually suspected bubbles and all that and bubble kings. It just seem so misleading and seem like you put that title there to let people play it. Its also kinda unorginal no gameplay elements made me drop my jaw and say, Why I didn't think of that (also i fell through the level and was unable to complete it.
    I'm a little confused what you mean about being misleading. First off, this is based on my PSP level entitled "A Bubbly Garden." so I sticked with that. But what's misleading about it? It's a garden. With bubbles. A Bubbly Garden...

I understand what you meant by unoriginal, but the idea of keeping a combo going throughout a whole area I think is pretty darn good

Quote Originally Posted by tuyyui View Post
    (also i fell through the level and was unable to complete it.
    What?!? Where?? I'll update that asap
    Last edited by anoken; 02-22-2011 at 10:29 PM.

Teh Bubblz are now on my PS3. Still wonderin' if you're going to finish the PSP series though.

Wanderer Trilogy
    The Wicked Manufactory ♦Spotlighted♦
    Devious Dataspace ♦Spotlighted♦
    Operation Sackernaut ♦Spotlighted♦

10. Thanks!

oK first off, glad u added the explanation at the beginning. music sounds good so far. good choice. Thats a witty way to include the goal of getting the bubbles, the way the king says it.
    -love the title loves great.
    -Ive never seen water floating like that (bubble guys bubbles) looks cool.
    decorations look really good.
    looks nice how you made it get darker. change of music was a good idea too.
    i didnt find any secret. maybe a clue on how they look at the beginning or end somewhere lol.
    great level i had alot of fun playing it
    PurpleIris88
    A couple of my levels, Candy Land http://lbp.me/v/xw2bt6
    Waking up to Adventure (made just for young kids just getting into LBP) http://lbp.me/v/jr9hx6
    Neon Dreams http://lbp.me/v/1sz9eh

12. Thanks!

Really like the look of the level, the design etc. A few problems with the layers as mentioned before but nothing that really ruined the gameplay. Did not find any bonuses because I was trying to rush through to get the combo's.

Maybe make the a little clearer (But maybe that will ruin the fact their secret).

Great job.

14. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleIris88 View Post
    oK first off, glad u added the explanation at the beginning. music sounds good so far. good choice. Thats a witty way to include the goal of getting the bubbles, the way the king says it.
    -love the title loves great.
    -Ive never seen water floating like that (bubble guys bubbles) looks cool.
    decorations look really good.
    looks nice how you made it get darker. change of music was a good idea too.
    i didnt find any secret. maybe a clue on how they look at the beginning or end somewhere lol.
    great level i had alot of fun playing it
    Glad you enjoyed it! If you're really stumped on finding those secrets just look at the OP (my first original post) ^^

Quote Originally Posted by TimeH33 View Post
    Really like the look of the level, the design etc. A few problems with the layers as mentioned before but nothing that really ruined the gameplay. Did not find any bonuses because I was trying to rush through to get the combo's.

Maybe make the a little clearer (But maybe that will ruin the fact their secret).

Great job.
    Yeah, those bonuses are imbetween the combo areas so it doesn't mess you up, and they help you with the combos

Thanks though

Val, what's next for you? More Bubbles or something new?

Wanderer Trilogy
    The Wicked Manufactory ♦Spotlighted♦
    Devious Dataspace ♦Spotlighted♦
    Operation Sackernaut ♦Spotlighted♦

This level has a beautiful landscape and the points that go with it are nice, for sure. It was certainly a relaxing platformer.
    The only pet peeve I have is the layers. This was a great level, though.
    My first level released: http://lbp.me/v/xspmgn Bouncejump Factory

My second level: http://lbp.me/v/x4mj2d Colours in Concealment

18. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Silver39 View Post
    Val, what's next for you? More Bubbles or something new?
    I'm actually not sure! I'm kinda hitting creators block for bubbly levels, so I think I'll try something new.

Quote Originally Posted by creator22 View Post
    This level has a beautiful landscape and the points that go with it are nice, for sure. It was certainly a relaxing platformer.
    The only pet peeve I have is the layers. This was a great level, though.
    Glad to hear you enjoyed it! I'm actually surprised everyone is liking the scenery, I wasn't sure if it was that good... :P

But what do you mean by relaxing platformer?? You do know that you're supposed to find the secrets so you can try and keep a combo going throughout a whole area right? That's totally nerve-wracking!

Anyways.. I understand the layer thing is a bit of an issue, but it does add to the difficulty. Also, I'm a PSP creator and platforming is very different on PS3.

As others said, I loved the title screen and the floating bubbles at the beginning. Interesting little premise as an excuse to explain why the level exists. I liked the arrows in part two - wouldn't mind having those everywhere. Otherwise it was kind of weird coming to a new section and having 3 ways to go, when really only one is "correct". I feel like the arrows would help with that without ruining the challenge of actually keeping the combo going.

Part 3 was my favorite - the bombs to reveal the tunnels in the middle layer were clever. I thought it was a smart design overall, with the criss crossing paths and how some of the pull switches raised you to multiple areas.

I did have a problem with one pull switch (I think in the middle of section 2) where it got stuck in the pit to the left on the top where it drops you off. I think I grabbed it on the right side and then as I got off and tried to run left, I pushed it into the little (glass) pit. Had I fallen back to the bottom, I think I wouldn't have been able to get back up again. Not a huge deal and probably not very reproducible, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Roo5676 View Post
    As others said, I loved the title screen and the floating bubbles at the beginning. Interesting little premise as an excuse to explain why the level exists. I liked the arrows in part two - wouldn't mind having those everywhere. Otherwise it was kind of weird coming to a new section and having 3 ways to go, when really only one is "correct". I feel like the arrows would help with that without ruining the challenge of actually keeping the combo going.

Part 3 was my favorite - the bombs to reveal the tunnels in the middle layer were clever. I thought it was a smart design overall, with the criss crossing paths and how some of the pull switches raised you to multiple areas.

I did have a problem with one pull switch (I think in the middle of section 2) where it got stuck in the pit to the left on the top where it drops you off. I think I grabbed it on the right side and then as I got off and tried to run left, I pushed it into the little (glass) pit. Had I fallen back to the bottom, I think I wouldn't have been able to get back up again. Not a huge deal and probably not very reproducible, either.
    That's strange you only had arrows in area 2. Did you activate the secret? If you read the OP like you were supposed to it explains that every area has a secret, and when you activate the secret, it emits arrows for that area.

Part 3 is my favorite too, when I added the bombs I was like 0_o THAT WAS COOL! lol. I can corner edit that one part to make it easier to layer switch. I know exactly what you're talking about. Now go and get the high score! :P

Quote Originally Posted by valmassoi View Post
    That's strange you only had arrows in area 2. Did you activate the secret? If you read the OP like you were supposed to it explains that every area has a secret, and when you activate the secret, it emits arrows for that area.
    Oh...I totally didn't get that! I did attempt to get the switch up on the wall before that section. I kind of "climbed" up the tree and swung over. I managed to flip the switch up briefly, but it didn't stay up so I didn't think I had done it. I guess I expected the secret to be prize bubbles or something - I didn't understand that it was the arrows. Maybe you could add something in the level description, or in the intro segment making that more clear. Unless it was there and I just missed it? And maybe a sound effect when you successfully trigger the secret.

EDIT: Come to think of it, maybe the switch should be the other way around, so that you pull it down and then it stays down. That would make it more clear. You could reposition it so the handle is still in the same place to start.
    Last edited by Roo5676; 02-25-2011 at 04:03 PM.

23. Thanks!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast