First off Tripple_sss your right, i try not to comment on anything that i wouldn't help with solution (try anyway) I'd say your first song choice will suit us half the level, the second should be...well to be honest i dunno about the second song but if you only stick with two songs your level will be fine XD
Devon Part 1 & 2
Part 2: http://lbp.me/v/y609n7
There is a reason i lmped them together in this review instead of eahc it's own part. The reason is if i did this it would mean both parts have seperate concerns that need to be adressed, although this shares some sepreate concerns it's not many so i thought i would lump them together.
First off Some things i thought were brilliant! (meaning creative and really stuck with me long after i beat the level)
Your visuals man, the environment you create could not be made better, your level designs are flawless. (if there are flaws it doesn't hinder the level at all). The various degrees of red combining with fire and Jelly (which i believe is blood in this level) all work to make a visual feast and a REAL EXPERIENCE. You put alot of heart in this and it's as obvious as LBP is fun XD I had to take out the white gloves and magnifying glass to review this level XD.
1) Visuals, i can't gush over it enough you created a perfect level for your storyline and i can't imagine it being any better XD
2) Music, Down with the sickness and (i don't know the second...it sounds like down with the sickness but i know it's not the same, if im wrong then your still genius XD) ANYHOW both songs fit your level to a key and it didn't get old nomatter how many times i played it or how long it took to get past an obstacle. I will have to say the puase between song end and song loop is a bit long but im not sure anything can be done about that >_<.
3) Chracter design, Your monsters were amazingly done and none of them clashed with your theme, environment and mood. Your sackbot monetr summons remained a feature i loved to look at XD HOWEVER your summoner could use a repaint, some of the orange peacks out on his forhead, that's about it for him, Your trickster was nicely done, i had a girl with me who says she could have made a better one but she still thought the trickster was a great costume XD "don't midn her she likes to nit pick"
4) Storyline, A Master Piece a simple story line that luanches you into the game without need to 10 minutes of sitting and understanding, it was quick and too the point. For those who never played this the storyline is, A creature goes into your "lover's/neighbor/friend's house and throws her into a portal, you run in after him to save her...
Simple, no? But Loveable, yes XD This is the ancient storyline that we have loved since Mario XD
5) Platforming, This was new to me thoughout the whole thing, nothing said oh wait i know exactly how this works, nothing was simple enough for meto ace but never hard enough to throw out the window XD It was a sweet ride throughout the level but not sweet enough to kick up my feet and just play while im playing PSP. (which i do alot so if you take me from the PSP your a good maker)
6) Originality, goes without saying, you my friend are a true creator XD
1) I WANT THE NEXT ONE O___________O
2) Your creature skills weren't that amazing, and don't take this personal i havn't met a guy with real creature making talent, i've played some levels where they make sick animals and amazing detailed spiders, bee's and other things but never have i seen soe original creature someone made from scracth with real flavor to it. The Eye Bat things is exactly what i'm talking about, and i just didn't liek the way they felt in the level... it wasn't bad enough to hinder it but it wasn't as perfect as it could be. Also your SLudge's arm, my advice it add a sheet of black material and make it long enough so that it shows a full arm when extended and yet sine the whole creature is black it won't stand out when retracted XD
I'm still trying to find my reviewing identity so bare with me XD for now im just going to do it simple becuase i didn't like the rating of my last review i mean it made sense but i didn't like the way it felt
Pros: -Amazing Visuals and environment
-Great choice of Music
-Original and detailed platforming
-Easy to follow storyline with great development
Cons: -Creature feature
Overall Score: 10/10
Concluding Comment: Nearly MM pick worthy, the creature feature is the only downer but it never stays with me, i only remember everythingelse XD
Results 1 to 15 of 176
Thread: Angelgozen wants to play!