BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 37

Thread: Cryo Lab Test

  1. #1

    Default Cryo Lab Test

    Hello everyone im back and yes im still creating! so I created this awesome new level called Cryo Lab Test. Race though the cryo lab test to see which rats can survive the difficult challenges that awaits them. This level is a 1-4 player level, fight to see if they can beat my highscore. Thanks to PSYNTENS for helping me and a thanks to the level testers.

    Here are some pictures from the level.





    If you enjoy my level please leave me a review im open to anyone that wants to tell me something I need to improve on the level or some positive or negative feedback.

    Also if you want to F4F I will be open to that as well, enjoy

    Last edited by Arnald23; 02-24-2011 at 11:45 PM.


  2. #2

    Default

    I will be on it when i can, my level thread is on the second page of the forums but my level is in my Sig so if you want you can give it a shot
    Little Big Planet Origins Series
    Little-Big-Planet-Origins Movie/Trailer and LBP Origins Thread

    My Review thread Need a review of your level?

  3. Thanks!


  4. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angelgozen View Post
    I will be on it when i can, my level thread is on the second page of the forums but my level is in my Sig so if you want you can give it a shot
    No problem I queue your level and will leave feedback on both your level and on your thread ok

  5. #4
    Sack ll_ye's Avatar
    Points: 13,846, Level: 35
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 204
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    ylleylleylleylle
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hyperspace Castle.
    Posts
    238

    Default

    So I played this.
    It's pretty allright. The rat had some trouble with some tight corners in the maze, but overall it was fine.

    Design of the level is good, and the music changer is very neatly done.

    Edit: Oh and I don't have any levels or anything so yeah.
    Last edited by ll_ye; 02-24-2011 at 11:35 PM.

  6. Thanks!


  7. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ll_ye View Post
    So I played this.
    It's pretty allright. The rat had some trouble with some tight corners in the maze, but overall it was fine.

    Design of the level is good, and the music changer is very neatly done.

    Edit: Oh and I don't have any levels or anything so yeah.
    Yes they told me the samething and I will fix it right away XD

  8. #6

    Default

    This looks great! Queued it. I'll be back with a full review tomorrow

  9. Thanks!


  10. #7

    Default

    Tight controls and a course that keeps you on your toes! The level is visually very good looking without overdoing it, which usually is the case with many top down racers in LBP2. If I could suggest something it would be to maybe add some challenge for the solo player - perhaps a "ghost rider" which is controlled by an acting sackbot even though I know these guys have a nasty habit of being a tad glitchy.

    Still, a fine level that I can recommend to anyone looking for a quality racer!

  11. Thanks!


  12. #8

    Default

    Here's what I left on LBP:

    "Much like the racer in the story mode, your sackboys will be racing cute little rodents through the race track trying to get first place as well as the most points. This race track in particular was made very well and is much larger than the story mode's tracks. If you want a fun, challenging, and well presented race track to play against your friends, this is where it's at!"

    So yeah! Very well made. The only thing that kind of bothered me were a couple of parts where it feels like you have to "squeeze" through with your rat. But its fine. I can imagine this level being very fun with other people.

    I see you're doing F4F, if you haven't left anything on them yet, could you pick one of the levels in my sig to leave some feedback on? thanks.

  13. Thanks!


  14. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShamgarBlade View Post
    Here's what I left on LBP:

    "Much like the racer in the story mode, your sackboys will be racing cute little rodents through the race track trying to get first place as well as the most points. This race track in particular was made very well and is much larger than the story mode's tracks. If you want a fun, challenging, and well presented race track to play against your friends, this is where it's at!"

    So yeah! Very well made. The only thing that kind of bothered me were a couple of parts where it feels like you have to "squeeze" through with your rat. But its fine. I can imagine this level being very fun with other people.

    I see you're doing F4F, if you haven't left anything on them yet, could you pick one of the levels in my sig to leave some feedback on? thanks.
    Thank you so much for the review guys it awesome to hear that people like my level! also your the 3rd person that said that so I will fix that part of the level tomorrow giving the players more room to move around but it will be like a little maze good luck getting out XD

    Also I played both of your levels one was in the beta and the other of I played it aswell but forgot to leave you a review. BTW what Sig lol

    Also people want to find out what was the inspiration for this level? here you go!

    Looks similar right

    Which one looks better XD
    Last edited by Arnald23; 02-25-2011 at 03:40 AM.

  15. #10

    Default

    Ok so I was a little confused at first because it's called "Lab Test" and the description mentions "which rats will survive". I guess I got it in my head that it would be a point-to-point race to locate the finish, not laps. When I finished the first lap, I was wondering if maybe I was supposed to follow a certain path through the maze or something in order for the finish to kick in. Maybe I'm just crazy...

    That aside, as others said I liked the theme and the visuals. Obstacles like spinning blades were cool. Good use of oversized objects relative to the size of the rat. I liked how only one rat appeared since I was by myself. Maybe I should try to do that on the roborat section of my level. I also found that the rat could get wedged in tight corners, but I know you're looking into that.

    I would try to fix the spelling mistakes and combined words in the intro (unless I just don't know what a "cude is"?)

  16. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arnald23 View Post
    BTW what Sig lol
    Strange. It disappeared. Oh well, you can find it. :P

    Edit: Well hey! It's right there! I'm confuzzled as to how this happened. Oh well. XD

  17. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShamgarBlade View Post
    Strange. It disappeared. Oh well, you can find it. :P

    Edit: Well hey! It's right there! I'm confuzzled as to how this happened. Oh well. XD
    lol now that was strange XD

  18. #13

    Default

    Hey i just played your level solo and i really loved it. The visuals are great and the track itself is very well designed. The only bad think i can find is that my rat got stuck once in the maze but this is a minor complaint. I still enjoyed the maze section.

  19. Thanks!


  20. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hitman_472 View Post
    Hey i just played your level solo and i really loved it. The visuals are great and the track itself is very well designed. The only bad think i can find is that my rat got stuck once in the maze but this is a minor complaint. I still enjoyed the maze section.
    thanks you so much, I will play your level tonight ok
    Also people the new maze is on its way, it will take me 30 mins to create another one, also Tom_Molecule played my level and he like it! XD

  21. #15

    Default

    Hi!
    Queued it! Will play it later.

  22. Thanks!


  23. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zutroy666 View Post
    Hi!
    Queued it! Will play it later.
    thank you I queue your level and will play it soon XD

  24. #17
    The REAL Chinese Tree.. PurpleChaos's Avatar
    Points: 5,219, Level: 21
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 331
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    7 days registered 30 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    PurpleChaos
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Hopefully on the front page of every LBP related article.
    Posts
    115

    Default

    Just played it. Seems like a pretty fun level, a lot like the story version though. The opening part was kind of glitchy.
    I have no friends.
    Therefore I have no sig.
    Please enjoy this knowledge.
    ------------------------------------------
    I'm on my way, guys..


  25. Thanks!


  26. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -LuckyMix- View Post
    Just played it. Seems like a pretty fun level, a lot like the story version though. The opening part was kind of glitchy.
    Really? probably happens when there are alot of people playing the level.

  27. #19
    Junior Sackperson peoriaspitfire's Avatar
    Points: 11,709, Level: 32
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 241
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered 30 days registered 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    peoriaspitfire
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Peoria, Illinois
    Posts
    378

    Default

    I left you other feedback on your level last night. Anyhow, nicely done, but like others, I think once the maze is edited it will be much better.

    When you get a chance, let me know your thoughts on my bball level http://lbp.me/v/x-fpk5. Thanks.


    Feedback

    Plus: I was only playing 1-player so it wasn't as fun as it could have been. Although playing, multiple people on these types of levels can also be frustrating when they can't keep up... Good design. Liked the depth and the inclusion of danger elements for show and which didn't harm you.

    Undecided: I would like to play multiple players sometime to see how it plays that way. If you ever need a tester and I'm online, feel free to hit me up. That goes for just about anyone...

    Possible Additions: Maybe this course or a similar one that allows us to always see the whole course on screen.

    Must Have: A new maze and it sounds like you are already on top of that.

  28. Thanks!


  29. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by peoriaspitfire View Post
    I left you other feedback on your level last night. Anyhow, nicely done, but like others, I think once the maze is edited it will be much better.

    When you get a chance, let me know your thoughts on my bball level http://lbp.me/v/x-fpk5. Thanks.


    Feedback

    Plus: I was only playing 1-player so it wasn't as fun as it could have been. Although playing, multiple people on these types of levels can also be frustrating when they can't keep up... Good design. Liked the depth and the inclusion of danger elements for show and which didn't harm you.

    Undecided: I would like to play multiple players sometime to see how it plays that way. If you ever need a tester and I'm online, feel free to hit me up. That goes for just about anyone...

    Possible Additions: Maybe this course or a similar one that allows us to always see the whole course on screen.

    Must Have: A new maze and it sounds like you are already on top of that.
    thanks for the feedback! also yes the maze is in the works and im adding a couple pf thing that will make it better.

    Also for the people that dont know my level appear in LBPodcast! look at 7:25 and you will even take a look at the real me
    Last edited by Arnald23; 02-26-2011 at 05:24 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •