Default the tree of life

The Tree Of Life ***Spotlight No******* by nysudyrgh
    the tree of life, they say whoever is able to traverse it will
    be rewarded with infinite bubbles.

Will you collect a nice stack of bubbles while climbing this HUGE tree
    or will you come back empty handed ?

Also dont miss the bubble emiters.
    And some pics would be great
    Last edited by nysudyrgh; 05-29-2011 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Capitals and stuff ...

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 417
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Created Blog entry 100 Experience Points 7 days registered Your First Group 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    Ultrafast62
    Blog Entries

I have to play this *RUNS TO PSP*
    l am leaving now, I wish you all the best. I love you all, goodbye.

3. Thanks!

Hey Nys
    Very fun level you have here. You went for a simple look, and it's good looking if basic. The gameplay is fun though, with lots of springboards, bubble dispensers, and interesting obstacles. I especially like the spiked circle at the end, but you can avoid it all together by just walking on the outside of it since you didn't put in gas clouds to prevent it. This seems to be a popular style on PSP, and you've made a great entry into that genre. 5 stars from me.
    -kaiju
    PSN: KAIJU_KID
    YOU'VE BEEN BUSTED! (A movie starring you )
    24,107 / 19,920/ 84,4927 :Plays

5. Thanks!

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 487
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    JetArtois

I'll download load it dude and try it tonight. Sounds good pal.
    PS3 LBP2 Level
    Alpine Abandon SPOTLIGHT NOD!!!

PSP Levels
    Treehouse Adventure. SPOTLIGHTED!!!
    Love's Me...Love's Me Not! SPOTLIGHT NOD!!! (Featured)
    Reds Dead, Detention! SPOTLIGHT NOD!!!
    Going For A Wander! (new and improved version) SPOTLIGHT NOD!!!

7. Thanks!

I'll give it a try.

Not right now though, My Wi-Fi is turned off and I don't know how to turn it back on. ;_;

9. Thanks!

Very fun level, the only real problems were the easily-avoided spike circle, and the disappearing scoreboard. It looked great, too, nice corner editing. Also, some areas were taken directly out of Paper Zone, just with visual tweaks. It's not much of a problem here, but try to avoid that in future levels. The bubble emiters were cool, but most of them were a little too easy to find.

Rated , keep it coming.

11. Thanks!

thanks guys for the feedback
    especialy the ones who pointed out the problems
    when i have gathered enough feedback ill publish it again with fixes

Levels PSP:
    Steam *Spotlighted**Highest Rated Page 6*|The Tree Of Life *Spotlight Nod*|Russian Rocks *Spotlighted*|The Gravity Caves *Spotlighted*

Levels PSVITA:
    Nys Labs OmniCircle Battle|[VCC] Nys Labs Christmas Edition|Outback Jack(Coming Late)|KAPOW!(Coming Soon)

100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    JetArtois

Hey man. Great new level matey, really enjoyed it, Thought the look was really nice, little basic but it worked well. I lost a few points on the spinning wheels into spikes part which did my head in, but thats my fault nothing to do with level design. The big wheel, like others have said, looked great but you can miss it out which is a shame. Easy 5 stars and heart though dude. Keep it up mate, enjoying your levels.
    PS3 LBP2 Level

PSP Levels

14. Thanks!

Pretty fun level you got here nysudyrgh! The visuals were simple but clean and pleasing. Gameplay is where the level stands out though. A variety of fun gameplay challenges, and lots of secret bubbles and interesting bubble combos to chase. I REALLY liked the spiked circle, thought that was a great idea! The part where you had to grab and let go of the spinning circles at the right time to fly upward was pretty tough, but felt great to conquer and I love a spot of hardcore challenge in platformers.

My main problem with the level would be the scoreboard with the brain. After working hard to gather as many bubbles as possible, I wanted to see my name on that scoreboard, but with the brain I had to exit and check the level details to see how I did- plus the initial confusion factor of the scoreboard blowing up. XD

Overall though a very solid Jonze-ian style platformer! I look forward to what you come up with next.

no more feedback ?
    great, i will republish with the following fixes:
    -gas clouds at the spiked cicle
    -fixed score board
    that 'll do the trick

Levels PSP:
    Steam *Spotlighted**Highest Rated Page 6*|The Tree Of Life *Spotlight Nod*|Russian Rocks *Spotlighted*|The Gravity Caves *Spotlighted*

Levels PSVITA:
    Nys Labs OmniCircle Battle|[VCC] Nys Labs Christmas Edition|Outback Jack(Coming Late)|KAPOW!(Coming Soon)

17. Thanks!

oh man
    the ratings are so down it had like ten hearts
    and four stars
    and now one heart and three stars
    me feels sad now

Levels PSP:

Levels PSVITA:

PSN
    JetArtois

Quote Originally Posted by nysudyrgh View Post
    oh man
    the ratings are so down it had like ten hearts
    and four stars
    and now one heart and three stars
    me feels sad now
    Yeah that happened to me nys with Going for a Wander. Lost a few hearts and plays what with all the revamps and updates. Better to get the level right though matey. Ill get downloading again dude and if its had its issues ironed out it will be a 5 star n heart from me again thats for sure.
    PS3 LBP2 Level

PSP Levels

20. Thanks!

This level felt exactly like a Velcrojonze level, which is quite a compliment considering his stature as a creator. My only problem with it is that I feel it shows little about your own style as a creator; although I could be wrong, it feels as though you were trying to emulate velcro's levels, and although you did a great job, maybe it's time to try something that is a little more unique to you. Or else maybe platformers are your thing, I really don't know. Anyway, great level .
    My PSP Creations:

Down Underground (Spotlighted!) <--A sewer adventure; my first level and first spotlight!

Volcanic Activities: The Big Freeze<--My newest level, a treacherous adventure through a frozen volcano.

Feel free to check these out or PM me if you want me to review one of your PSP levels!
    Hoping to get a Vita in the near future (price drop would be nice)...

thanks metsfan

but im not trying to emulate anyone
    thing is i really suck at really suck at stories
    and then i heard about this wonderfull style : platformers
    thats why made these levels paper zone and the tree of life
    to try out this new style
    Last edited by nysudyrgh; 03-16-2011 at 08:23 PM.

Levels PSP:

Levels PSVITA:

Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 482
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Recommendation Second Class 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    Coxy224
    Blog Entries

I'm a bit late to this one (better late than never though ) but I did enjoy it. The platforming is very cliché, and a lot of it I felt like I'd played before. Nothing against this though because it's all done very well and it is enjoyable, it just lacks a bit of originality The materials used were good and the consistent style of the visuals made this look very nice.

for this one

Sig by the awesome Val
    PSN: Coxy224
    Showcased in PSP & PSV: Minecart Madness [Spotlighted!] | The Great Palace Of Emitters [Spotlighted!] | [VCC] The Christmas Arcade [Vita Christmas Countdown Level]
    Member of Ladies of LBPC Social Group

24. Thanks!

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 88
    Overall activity: 0%
    Created Blog entry 100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    BlackWolfe9653
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up Did ya get that thing I sent you?

Feedback. You requested it. I said "as soon as PSN is back up." I'm late, but here you go.

Initial Impressions
    The moment I entered the level, your inspiration shone through. It looked and felt like a VJ level, and anyone who thinks that's a bad thing can take a long walk on a short pier.

Gameplay
    Wow, this is an unforgiving level. I couldn't help but laugh at the irony of "The Tree of Life" taking mine repeatedly. Along those lines, however, I should say there was at least one place I would have liked to see a checkpoint -- after the first spinning wheel at the start of the level (instead of after the launchers before it, perhaps?). The wheel itself was not challenging, but my first time through, I kept getting propelled by the spinning platforms, making me overshoot my jumps and land in the Horrible Gas. Which is fine, it's meant to be a challenging bit, but it meant I had to keep running down that empty hallway, grabbing the wheel, etc, etc...

The score bubble emitters were awfully close together, by the way -- not every section needs to have one. They should be bonuses for the observant, IMO, not just free points.

Along those lines, there were very few combos. A nice long chain of bubbles makes for happy platforming.

Visuals
    No complaints here. Your corner editing is nicely done, and the choice of materials very complimentary. Again, it's very easy to see the VelcroJonze inspiration here.

Audio
    Not much to comment on here -- good choice of music.

Stuff I Really Liked
    That bit with the grabby-ceiling attached to pistons was spiffy. The big giant wheel with the spikes on the inside? Brutal and spiffy.

Stuff That Can Die in a Fire
    That section with all the spinning wheels. BRUTAL.

Stuff I Would Have Liked
    A bit more room for exploration would have been nice. Hide some of those emitters -- it makes finding them more satisfying. (The one in the multiple-spinning-wheels area was probably my favorite because it was so easy to overlook.)

Overall
    A very solid, nicely built level. It gets difficult at very odd times, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. For creative use of tools that made me rethink the way I play LBP, I gave it five stars and a heart. Very nice.

Ricky -- What attaching a player sensor does is cut down on lag -- any time you can avoid having things off screen continue to animate as though they're on screen, you should.
    Last edited by BlackWolfe; 05-20-2011 at 02:06 PM. Reason: On a PC, can make longer post.
    Story Levels:
    Memetic Hazard, Memetic Hazard Remastered [1/2], Wizard's Spire
    Survival Challenges:
    Surviving the Dollhouse, Crazy Eight [SURVIVAL]

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 419
    100 Experience Points Created Album pictures 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    WoodburyRaider
    Blog Entries

Hey man I loved the level. Although it was completely unoriginal, it looked like it was professionally made. I've always enjoyed Jonzian platforming and I this felt just like a VelcroJonze level (which is a good thing). I didn't get to finish the level because after grabbing the hexagon or octagon grabbable brown shape, it pulled me up but got stuck at the top of the cliff. I ended up dying and going back down to the spawn where it should have worked fine, but the pulley was stuck at the top and there was no way to bring it down. (I had the high-score at the time too so it's a shame I couldn't finish it). I didn't have time to restart the level but it was definitely a step-up from your previous levels. I gave it but no heart since it lacked originality. Great work here.

You should seriously start capitalizing the first letters of the words in your titles like books do, it just looks better and more professional and you're bound to get more plays. For example, this would be titled, "The Tree of Life".

i knew i was forgetting something
    turns out it was the capitals ... again.
    ill republish it WITH the capitals
    and im gonna make the gasclouds invisible
    it will look nicer that way

Levels PSP:

Levels PSVITA:

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 419
    100 Experience Points Created Album pictures 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    WoodburyRaider
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nysudyrgh View Post
    i knew i was forgetting something
    turns out it was the capitals ... again.
    ill republish it WITH the capitals
    and im gonna make the gasclouds invisible
    it will look nicer that way
    Oh well don't republish JUST for me..but if you're making those other changes I think it's definitely a good idea to capitalize the letters. Also, do the same as if you were typing a paper and writing complete sentences in the description of the level. It looks nice and I can guarantee it will give you more plays.

29. Thanks!

okay
    level name: check
    gasclouds: check
    description: working on it

Levels PSP:

Levels PSVITA:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast