BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 888
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    7 days registered 30 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    ShadowriverUB
    Blog Entries

Default Hidden control icons and custom unicode symbols in text

Yep i manage to find them Actually i find out that LBP is acepting HTML unicode symbols, i notice them on PSN friend list and there was activity with one

So what is unicode? As oyu may know data is build out of bytes that can hold value between 0-255, due fact we can use them only to hold numbers people decided to assign letters to those symbols. This is how charsets standard was born but most of them was only for one language. This is why Unicode cha5set was born and it goal is to build one charset that will support all characters and symbols known to mankind. PS3 and LBP2 to use them this is why for example you can see japanish symbols in LBP (which is common since Japan have quite large creator base). Unicode use 2 bytes so it can have value 0-65535 (0-FFFF in hex).

But there problem, we don't have keybourd for all those charcters, this is why computer langueges are equip with special symbols. For example HTML uses &#xN; or &#xN; (for hex) in place of N we get number of character. And guess what LBP2 supports same standard. When you type $&x41; you will get letter A. Works on everything except notes, there also issue , those symbols produce strange spaces but you can fix them by opening keyboard again and close it. for Unicode numbers visit here:

http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/block/index.htm

Keep in mind LBP don't have fonts for all them, LBP2 have only fonts for languages that it's support. If you type code that is not supported squere symbol will appere

So as i find methode to type custom unicode characters i know that i will be able to find control icons ;] and that was easy.
    Unicode have private-use range between E000 and FF8F dedicated for developers to add there own symbols if they want, if i was LBP programmer i would use that range to support that icons..... and guess what they actually did that starting from E000 special symbols starting and between E001-E01B there contol icons plus some extra. So here the list of them:

 - Dot
     - X Button
     - Square Button
     - Triangle Button
     - Circle Button
     - D-Pad
     - D-Pad Up
     - D-Pad Right
     - D-Pad Down
     - D-Pad Left
     - L-Stick
     - R-Stick
     - Pressed L-Stick
     - Pressed R-Stick
     - L1 Button
     - L2 Button
     - R1 Button
     - R2 Button
     - Select Button
     - Start Button
     - Infinity symbol
     - Heart Icon
     - "Plays" Icon
     - Text/Comment Icon
     - %
     - Sackboy with globe/ Online icon
     - 1 Sackboy
     - 2 Sackboys
     - Motion control
     - 2nd motion control icon (there two from LBP1 where this icons was animated)

After that theres only sequeres and some strange symbole, if oyu find anything more then post here. Ofcorseo n LBP.me those text will apper as squeres, so don't over use them on title

Here demo level: http://lbp.me/v/ynkm65

Well Fodawim find first that LBP support html codes, so some creadit goes to him ;] i would not start to eally wonder about this stuff if not this thread:

http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/sho...n-Magic-Mouths
    Last edited by Shadowriver; 03-07-2011 at 04:46 PM.
    Tired of answering same questions from people.... answer them down on LBPWiki where everyone can see them!
    |LEVELS: TETRIS
    |OBJECTS: Numeral logic components
    |TUTORIALS: BCD calculator
    |Next project: Paaaaaaarrrrty!... in LBP2

Sackperson Private

PSN
    NinjaMicWZ
    Blog Entries

Thread of the year.

Eccentric SackGentleman Frinklebumper's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 867
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    Frinklebumper

You, sir, are awesome.
    Last edited by Frinklebumper; 03-07-2011 at 02:38 AM.

Good find sir. Good find.
    2011 Guinness World Record Holder for LBP2

Newest Level: The Gundam Wing Project *Spotlighted*

Award Winning Levels
    2009 Sackie Nominee: The Azure Palace | 2009 Sackie Winner: LittleBigContra Stage 8: Alien's Lair | LBP GOTY Featured Level: The Steampunk Samurai | 2010 DML Competition Best in Class: Artistic - Stem Cell Sackboy Series | The Fist of Craft Earth *Mm Picked*

7 days registered 30 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    ShadowriverUB
    Blog Entries

There one issue as i said it makes uneeded spaces that can be fix in eveything... except bubbles
    Tired of answering same questions from people.... answer them down on LBPWiki where everyone can see them!

very epic good sir
    how not to make a level Mm Picked
    Sliding Puzzle Classic puzzle-New face lift
    Every Thing is possible with a little patience!

Thanks for the credit on the original finding of it accepting HTML format for extra chars

PSN
    ShadowriverUB
    Blog Entries

Sry i didn't know that, you should tell that on that symbol thread (i notice on thread that was saying osmehting but it sound like it's not working) )>.< i add you on note tommorow on level
    Last edited by Shadowriver; 03-07-2011 at 04:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowriver View Post
    There one issue as i said it makes uneeded spaces that can be fix in eveything... except bubbles
    So what's the spacing issue like? Just a few extra spaces or maybe whole lines of extra space or something?

PSN
    ShadowriverUB
    Blog Entries

yea it add few spaces, it happens everywhere but as i said entering PS3 keyboard and going back fix that except magic mouths. Play my level you can see the issue on bubbles there. I notice that if you place some symbol text to the code (for example ; or : ) it shows right beside of icon, but after that spaces are still there. I think there a bug in replaceing code so it takes space of the remove the code and place icon, but space of code is still there. Still i don't know why it works with ; but not letters
    Last edited by Shadowriver; 03-07-2011 at 04:17 AM.

This will be amazingly useful. I use every button on the controller, and several multibutton commands as well, being able to actually represent them as the symbols will be great.
    Playing LBP Vita. Making a 'FF Tactics - esque' game.

Wow. How long have people been waiting for this? What a find. Thanks for this.

You, Sir, are awesome.

All I can say

PSN
    ShadowriverUB
    Blog Entries

E01C and E01D have motion control icons, i was htinking htey not working so i skiped up but htye actually work

There also nice symbols around 26xx imclusing card symbols retaurant icon music notes, added few in the level, here you got table with simbols in that range i bet more are working:

http://www.fileformat.info/info/unic...ols/images.htm
    Last edited by Shadowriver; 03-07-2011 at 04:37 PM.

16. Thanks!

Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 204
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    ylleylleylleylle

Now you don't have to have to switch to JP keyboard to do stars. Hooray. ★☆★☆★☆★☆ :V

What.
    LBP2.

You, sir, just made my day. This. Is. AWESOME!!!

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 181

PSN
    jalr2d2

Amazing! You are now forever embedded on my awesome list.

too bad about the spaces in magic mouths. It`s useless to me like this. Hopefully it will be fixed soon

PSN
    ShadowriverUB
    Blog Entries

Well it not so useless if you pley in right way, for example control per line by placing extra spaces. Still description and title working so it good for control there too

I will try to combinate with it a little maybe i will find the way ;]

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast