BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30

Thread: Heartbroken

  1. #1

    Default Heartbroken

    Hey guys... Im really heartbroken about the lbp2 story! It just doesn't seem built from the ground up like in Lbp1! I have SOOOOOO many memories with lbp1 though... lbp2 just seems more technical and confusingly advanced... it brings happy memories that will never happen again :-(


    WHY IS THERE AN UNDERSCORE?!?!
    Hi guys!


  2. #2
    Sackperson Sergeant fumetsusozo's Avatar
    Points: 30,150, Level: 53
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 700
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    7 days registered Created Album pictures 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    fumetsusozo
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ~Across Nowhere~
    Posts
    3,948
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default

    Umm what? LBP2 had a much better story then LBP1. LBP2 beat LBP1 in about everyway.
    also this belongs in the LBP2 story-mode zone.
    Lets go on a fantastic Adventure!

    Spoiler Spoiler - <-My LBP2 Levels->


  3. #3

    Default

    Yet again, LBP1 you've owned for like more than a year or so?
    LBP2, about a month or two.

    I mean, I don't see how you can expect to master it within one month, m8.
    Even while I was in BETA, it took me like 2 months at least to KINDA get used to it, only after I got LBP2 did I really start getting a good hang of how everything oges, so I wouldn't expect to perfect it all in a day, dude.


  4. #4

    Default

    I really quickly got into LBP2, I could never master LBP1 it took me years to get the hang of the gameplay and then just as I get the hang out comes LBP2, Yaaaaay, I've taken so much better to LBP2 with all the cool new tech and stuff
    The story mode was a million times better than the original one though I'm still not really all that fond of story mode though I really loved Avalonia and space type section at the end

  5. #5

    Default

    Yeah, I actually agree with Sand_Melts. The LBP 1 story was far more simple and was quite entertaining to play with family. I still remember trying to complete that x2 player challenge in Boom Town. LBP 2 in many ways abandoned that simplistic approach and made it not as easy to play with video game challenged people. Nonetheless, LBP 2 is a great game, and in my opinion, it is more enjoyable than the first when it comes to single player.

  6. #6
    Thread GGWalrus's Avatar
    Points: 5,019, Level: 20
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered Created Album pictures 100 Experience Points 30 days registered 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    GGWalrus
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    In My Mind Trapped By My Own Boundaries
    Posts
    30

    Default

    There IS one thing that lbp1 had that lbp2 doesnt
    its something you cant see yet in lbp2. in lbp1 people pushed boundaries with mind blowing fun levels with surprisingly entertaining stories.
    now im Lbp2 the cool page is full of movies and minigames.
    i like movies, very enjoyable but i prefer some nice visuals with complex logics. and a controllable ambient. i like to strut my sackboys stuff, and minigames are fun and a big change but VERY possible. we have set the bar lower than ever. yes lbp2 is a HUGE revolutionary change but the bar has been set and we have done amazing stuff that is withing the bars range.
    understand what im sayin?
    we have kept within the games limits. no profound gameplay. we are missing that small mix of fun, complexity, hope and humanity. we need to step it up. we need an lbp3 that will tell us how we blew the engine away, surpassed the expectations.
    ok i have not written anything about what i mean. our weakness.
    we need to unite and show MM that they dont set the bar. WE do. WE decide what the future of user generated content is.
    i hope sacboy and sackgirls come toguether and make us rave in gameplay. dare to dream, dare to want much more than posible.
    i also hope to become a decent creator to contribute to the future of gaming.
    now i retreat to the underbelly of lbp2.(see what i did there?)
    I Am The Walrus, Goo Goo G'Joob.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GGWalrus View Post
    There IS one thing that lbp1 had that lbp2 doesnt
    its something you cant see yet in lbp2. in lbp1 people pushed boundaries with mind blowing fun levels with surprisingly entertaining stories.
    now im Lbp2 the cool page is full of movies and minigames.
    i like movies, very enjoyable but i prefer some nice visuals with complex logics. and a controllable ambient. i like to strut my sackboys stuff, and minigames are fun and a big change but VERY possible. we have set the bar lower than ever. yes lbp2 is a HUGE revolutionary change but the bar has been set and we have done amazing stuff that is withing the bars range.
    understand what im sayin?
    we have kept within the games limits. no profound gameplay. we are missing that small mix of fun, complexity, hope and humanity. we need to step it up. we need an lbp3 that will tell us how we blew the engine away, surpassed the expectations.
    ok i have not written anything about what i mean. our weakness.
    we need to unite and show MM that they dont set the bar. WE do. WE decide what the future of user generated content is.
    i hope sacboy and sackgirls come toguether and make us rave in gameplay. dare to dream, dare to want much more than posible.
    i also hope to become a decent creator to contribute to the future of gaming.
    now i retreat to the underbelly of lbp2.(see what i did there?)
    Go play Foofles FPS and come back and say that there's no innovation.

    Go play Hansel and Gretelbot and come back and say there's no entertaining stories.

    Plus, the cool pages have always been the place for the mediocre.

  8. #8
    Fabulous Killjoy Phazerz123's Avatar
    Points: 10,568, Level: 31
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 682
    Overall activity: 0%
    Created Album pictures 100 Experience Points 7 days registered Your First Group 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    Phazerz123
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Borderline
    Posts
    202
    Blog Entries
    13

    Default

    I liked LBP 1's Story, it focused on Sony's Trademark: Play. Create. Share.

    The new one is more Generalized. I think it was a life lesson on sharing and not being Vain and whatnot. We must remember, this game was also meant for little kids, and parents can't get enough of those life lessons for their Children.
    "I'm going to make a few strange noises with my mouth that will go somewhere along the lines of Bingle Bongle Dingle Dangle Yikitty-Doo Yikkity-Dah Ping Pong Lippy-Tappy-Too-Tah." ~The 10th Doctor

  9. #9
    Fuzz Ball Shadow Wolf TJC's Avatar
    Points: 3,965, Level: 18
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 285
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 3 months registered
    PSN
    ShadowWolfTJC
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    72

    Default

    In my opinion, LBP1 was more like a collection of smaller unrelated stories (such as investigating what's causing trouble in Zola's savannah, helping a couple that's about to get married, freeing the land from the clutches of an evil sheriff, etc.) that are all resolved quickly, all while a hidden, more epic story was going on (and doesn't fully come into light until close to the end) involving a jealous creator curator attempting to take over LittleBigPlanet. LBP2's story mode was just as grand, though it wasn't as obscure as the main plot of LBP1's was, as each world was more like a chapter of this grand story than one of the smaller stories that occupied their own worlds in LBP1.

  10. #10
    Doodler extraordianaire Skalio-'s Avatar
    Points: 16,452, Level: 39
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 798
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    7 days registered 30 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    skalio-
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Rainy City
    Posts
    948

    Default

    if we are talking about the story of the two games then im sorry you are being totally ridiculous.

    in lbp1 if you didnt know the ending already you would have no idea until the final temples level that the collector existed, the story links between creators were like Hey sackboy go talk to my friend zola who is in the savannah.

    right until the magician tells you about the collector their is no story whatsoever, it was much better IMO that in lbp2 there is a clear (and very engaging) story throughout the whole STORY levels.


    EDIT:ARGHAGHAGHHGHAGHAAAGHGH

    brootal snipage by Shadow Wolf!!


    EDIT EDIT: wow how did i not notic the post?
    Last edited by Skalio-; 03-14-2011 at 10:25 PM. Reason: sniped blad!

  11. #11

    Default

    A lot of people have very high expectations for lbp2 story. There is a great plot in lbp2, lbp1 story was more like a demonstration of what can be done in the game. The game have not even been out for long, play the game for at least a year then people's opinions may change.

    Any game that has sequels has that effect, but there are exceptions.

  12. #12
    Junior Sackperson Moonface's Avatar
    Points: 4,193, Level: 18
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 57
    Overall activity: 0%
    100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 7 days registered 500 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    MoonfaceDesigns
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    301

    Default

    LBP2 is going to be more technical and advanced. If MM just did the same as LBP1 already did without raising the bar and also showing the abilities of the new tools to the appropriately best extents it wouldn't feel anything more than the DLC level packs LBP1 offered. As for the story itself, it's told a lot better than LBP1, especially with what the lame ending of LBP1 was, and as mentioned by others it has more focus.

  13. #13

    Default

    Thanks for your opinions guys- I take those all in. I'm not saying (my fault, I didn't show that) that LBP1 had better creation tools, was easier to create, had a better story etc. What I AM trying to say is that I, personally have more memories with LittleBigPlanet 1. Before you guys say that LBP2 has been out for 2 months, I mean I was mind-boggled when I saw LBP1.

    Also, I UNDERSTAND THAT MM WOULDN'T COME OUT WITH A GAME WITHOUT ADDING NEW FEATURES. WHAT IM TRYING TO SAY IS THAT THEY MADE SO MANY, IT TOOK AWAY FROM THE EFFECT. for example

    a) The level icons. LBP1 level icons (I know, big deal...) were creative and simple to make yourself, and so is LBP2's. Im just saying LBP1 kind of took it more hand-made.
    b) Voice Acting. Who wants to be hearing some guys voice throughout the story? Not me. And I'm not talking about the tutorial guy... He is awesome.
    c) STORY MODE sackbots. I LOVE SACKBOTS. But not in story. In LBP1 characters jumped around by piston, rod, winch....
    For LBP2 story, it just didn't do as good as traveling the world doing different things. LBP2- still awesome.

    Before you guys say, "play the lbp series b4 u make the comments!", I will tell you that LBP1 was the only game I played for my PS3 for about 2 years. December 2008-Summer 2010. I love you guys, but I was just showing a thought. Now guys I'm not hating? I'm just letting it out guys. LBP2 costed 60 US Dollars. I would have spent 120. I love this game so much and I want you guys to know that.

    @ fumetsusozo- It is.......
    Last edited by Sand_Melts; 04-03-2011 at 02:35 AM. Reason: showing my true feelings.


    WHY IS THERE AN UNDERSCORE?!?!
    Hi guys!


  14. #14

    Default

    I think LBP2 has some major flaws, but is still a good game. First, I think the whole plot in the story is just unnessecary, the levels are nice and colourful and the characters, but you could just skip the rest. I know they probably just made the story for extra hours fun whilst showing up the new gadgets, tools, etc. In my opinion, LBP1 had a mor "living" story. It was like just completing tasks, and then you find out that there's is actually a dark hidden spot in LBP. I loved it, and the levels are/seemed much harder bythen (maybe it was because they were new back then). That brings me to the next spot, I think LBP is prefered as it was a ground-breaking, revolutionary game. No one had never done anything like that before, and it was the first time we saw Create, Play, Share in such a creative disc. LBP2 on the other hand, is LBP1 but improved (a lot), and that is why more people like that. They like how you can actually create EVERYTHING.
    And a sidenote; I really don't like the way you're browsing levels. It's just a list of random levels, browsing the earth was more interesting. Oh, and I agree with one of the posts here above, movies and mini-games (even though they are good) have become just like shark and bomb-survivals. I barely see any platformers with the old funky lbp atmosphere in it.

    Over all, it's a really good game that's just what I don't like, and if LBP2 was LBP1 it would totally blow our brains out. But it's not. (LBP 10/10 LBP2 9/10)

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AbdiHMA View Post
    I think LBP2 has some major flaws, but is still a good game. First, I think the whole plot in the story is just unnessecary, the levels are nice and colourful and the characters, but you could just skip the rest. I know they probably just made the story for extra hours fun whilst showing up the new gadgets, tools, etc. In my opinion, LBP1 had a mor "living" story. It was like just completing tasks, and then you find out that there's is actually a dark hidden spot in LBP. I loved it, and the levels are/seemed much harder bythen (maybe it was because they were new back then). That brings me to the next spot, I think LBP is prefered as it was a ground-breaking, revolutionary game. No one had never done anything like that before, and it was the first time we saw Create, Play, Share in such a creative disc. LBP2 on the other hand, is LBP1 but improved (a lot), and that is why more people like that. They like how you can actually create EVERYTHING.
    And a sidenote; I really don't like the way you're browsing levels. It's just a list of random levels, browsing the earth was more interesting. Oh, and I agree with one of the posts here above, movies and mini-games (even though they are good) have become just like shark and bomb-survivals. I barely see any platformers with the old funky lbp atmosphere in it.

    Over all, it's a really good game that's just what I don't like, and if LBP2 was LBP1 it would totally blow our brains out. But it's not. (LBP 10/10 LBP2 9/10)
    Yep. You see my point completely. I'm not out here to say LBP2 is awful. LBP2 is great; better than any Call of Duty etc. I see your point, too. Thank you for your opinions guys


    WHY IS THERE AN UNDERSCORE?!?!
    Hi guys!


  16. #16
    R2D2 Rocks so hard! jalr2d2's Avatar
    Points: 4,469, Level: 19
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 181
    Overall activity: 0%

    PSN
    jalr2d2
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    In your house, eating your toast.
    Posts
    248

    Default

    So, you're saying, you would rather have Mm not showed us things you can do with the new features? This isn't LBP1 anymore. This is a new game. I might of misread it, but it seems like you would have rather just had a new LBP1, with barely any new features. No one would buy that. Sequels need to be better than the origonal.


  17. #17
    Junior Sackperson Moonface's Avatar
    Points: 4,193, Level: 18
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 57
    Overall activity: 0%
    100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 7 days registered 500 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    MoonfaceDesigns
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AbdiHMA View Post
    And a sidenote; I really don't like the way you're browsing levels. It's just a list of random levels, browsing the earth was more interesting.
    Except browsing the Earth took more time to find a level because you had to make sure not to miss anything. I also found it would take longer to load up a page of levels on the Earth browsing than the current LBP2 list system. =/

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moonface View Post
    Except browsing the Earth took more time to find a level because you had to make sure not to miss anything. I also found it would take longer to load up a page of levels on the Earth browsing than the current LBP2 list system. =/
    It should be optional, IMO.

  19. #19
    Junior Sackperson Moonface's Avatar
    Points: 4,193, Level: 18
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 57
    Overall activity: 0%
    100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 7 days registered 500 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    MoonfaceDesigns
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AbdiHMA View Post
    It should be optional, IMO.
    Except how would planet decoration then work? I figured the list system was so you can see each persons own planet as you go through the levels. The Earth browsing won't really work with that IMO. However MM could always make it so you see a persons decorated planet when visiting just their own planet, and not in the level lists.

  20. #20
    Sackperson Sergeant fumetsusozo's Avatar
    Points: 30,150, Level: 53
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 700
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    7 days registered Created Album pictures 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    fumetsusozo
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ~Across Nowhere~
    Posts
    3,948
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default

    ^yeah the new way is best, LBP2 is about everyone's world, it makes no sense to have back as it was,
    plus the old way was ugly and made it hellishly hard to find every level on every page,

    and at least LBP2 had a story, LBP1 had no real story honestly, sure the new LBP2 story is not Genius.
    but it's not horrible also. i enjoyed it real good.
    also IMO what i think would be cool is if MM made a new LBP2 version of LBP1's story mode
    as DLC. all the characters be sackbots n whatnot, it be a blast!

    @ the OP.
    your topic was moved to the right place after i said that ages ago, you just forgot.
    Also no. Sackbots are far better at telling a story then cutouts and were awesome in this game's story mode.
    you honestly just sound like you wanted to play the same
    LBP game again with no updates when it came to story telling.
    sorry that would have sucked, while i do also like the cutout people,
    but they had no place in the LBP2's main story this time.
    the story showcases everything the game can do, and you really think they leave sackbots out of that? *mew
    Last edited by fumetsusozo; 04-05-2011 at 05:43 PM.
    Lets go on a fantastic Adventure!

    Spoiler Spoiler - <-My LBP2 Levels->

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •