BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Heartbroken

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 181
    Overall activity: 0%

PSN
    jalr2d2

So, you're saying, you would rather have Mm not showed us things you can do with the new features? This isn't LBP1 anymore. This is a new game. I might of misread it, but it seems like you would have rather just had a new LBP1, with barely any new features. No one would buy that. Sequels need to be better than the origonal.

Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 57
    100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 7 days registered 500 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    MoonfaceDesigns

Quote Originally Posted by AbdiHMA View Post
    And a sidenote; I really don't like the way you're browsing levels. It's just a list of random levels, browsing the earth was more interesting.
    Except browsing the Earth took more time to find a level because you had to make sure not to miss anything. I also found it would take longer to load up a page of levels on the Earth browsing than the current LBP2 list system. =/

Quote Originally Posted by Moonface View Post
    Except browsing the Earth took more time to find a level because you had to make sure not to miss anything. I also found it would take longer to load up a page of levels on the Earth browsing than the current LBP2 list system. =/
    It should be optional, IMO.

Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 57
    100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 7 days registered 500 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    MoonfaceDesigns

Quote Originally Posted by AbdiHMA View Post
    It should be optional, IMO.
    Except how would planet decoration then work? I figured the list system was so you can see each persons own planet as you go through the levels. The Earth browsing won't really work with that IMO. However MM could always make it so you see a persons decorated planet when visiting just their own planet, and not in the level lists.

Sackperson Sergeant fumetsusozo's Avatar
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    7 days registered Created Album pictures 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    fumetsusozo
    Blog Entries

^yeah the new way is best, LBP2 is about everyone's world, it makes no sense to have back as it was,
    plus the old way was ugly and made it hellishly hard to find every level on every page,

and at least LBP2 had a story, LBP1 had no real story honestly, sure the new LBP2 story is not Genius.
    but it's not horrible also. i enjoyed it real good.
    also IMO what i think would be cool is if MM made a new LBP2 version of LBP1's story mode
    as DLC. all the characters be sackbots n whatnot, it be a blast!

@ the OP.
    your topic was moved to the right place after i said that ages ago, you just forgot.
    Also no. Sackbots are far better at telling a story then cutouts and were awesome in this game's story mode.
    you honestly just sound like you wanted to play the same
    LBP game again with no updates when it came to story telling.
    sorry that would have sucked, while i do also like the cutout people,
    but they had no place in the LBP2's main story this time.
    the story showcases everything the game can do, and you really think they leave sackbots out of that? *mew
    Last edited by fumetsusozo; 04-05-2011 at 04:43 PM.
    Lets go on a fantastic Adventure!

Spoiler Spoiler - <-My LBP2 Levels->

Thanks for explaining ^
    You guys seem to miss the point though, I was just saying things I missed about the first game. Considering I stated 4 or 5 things that I missed compared to lbp2.... Seriously. LBP2 IS A BETTER GAME. I DONT AND DIDNT WANT A DUPLICATE OF THE 1ST. I THANK MM FOR MAKING CHANGES. I KNOW MM CANT TRANSFER EVERYTHING 1 PERSON LIKES ABOUT 1 GAME INTO ANOTHER.

...maybe I should stop stating my opinion.

* I HATE EMINEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY IS THERE AN UNDERSCORE?!?!
    Hi guys!

Sackperson Sergeant fumetsusozo's Avatar
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    7 days registered Created Album pictures 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    fumetsusozo
    Blog Entries

there's nothing wrong with you missing things from the first game. we also were just saying are opinions
    on what we feel, and honestly it was hard to tell you were not just saying LBP1 is better then 2
    like some of the other people are saying in the LBP1 vs LBP2 topic.
    *mew
    Lets go on a fantastic Adventure!

Spoiler Spoiler - <-My LBP2 Levels->

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 31
    7 days registered Created Album pictures 100 Experience Points 30 days registered 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    GGWalrus

Quote Originally Posted by Sand_Melts View Post
    Yep. You see my point completely. I'm not out here to say LBP2 is awful. LBP2 is great; better than any Call of Duty etc. I see your point, too. Thank you for your opinions guys
    i dont think you should compare to call of duty since its a whole other genre. and i miss mediocre levls... i barely see my sckboy anymore. VERY interesiong levels but as someone replied by telling me about foofles FPS, yes its innovative but it was not ground breaking. maybe the 3d cam ws but not every cool level is a breakthrough.
    i didnt like hansel and gretel that much. not hating. there was something that just kept me stumped. like if i couldnt dig into the level. and it was a very nice series.
    if i were to set an example i would say> the 2nd lil platformer. VERY original platforming, taking advantage of the tools here in lbp2.and there is no more place for lbp1 mediocreness. i will heart anybody who makes a fun level! as oldschool as possible. i will yay it, give an awesome review and promote it around my friends.
    I Am The Walrus, Goo Goo G'Joob.

Yeah Im a bit stubborn.... Walrus (nice name), I was just comparing it to call of duty because more people bought Call Of Duty than LBP2, even though Lbp2 is a better game.

Hi guys!

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 31
    7 days registered Created Album pictures 100 Experience Points 30 days registered 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    GGWalrus

I just love my name. its so Compact, i can carry it anywhere!
    And its easy to remember! the name and the abbreviation: GGW
    I Am The Walrus, Goo Goo G'Joob.

Yeah I know, awesome name AND abbreviation! Also, nice avatar

Hi guys!

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 395
    100 Experience Points Created Album pictures 250 Experience Points 7 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    dbibby88

I understand what Sand_melts is saying, not that I dislike little big planet 2 in any way, but the first game seemed to have me gripped a lot more than the second one has. I'm really not sure why.

For me, the story line didn't seem all that 'believable' for some reason and I found it quite hard to follow, yeah it takes on the form of an adventure and story, but the characters didn't seem to be very likeable for me. I've completed the game and none of the characters and their backgrounds really stick in mind. The first little big planets characters seem to stick in my mind more, and they didn't really play a big part in the game, apart from giving little tutorials.

I'm also missing stickers within the game, on the 2-4 player parts. On the first game I made it my priority to go back and find people to help me get the stickers I needed, but for some reason, I just haven't found the motivation yet to find them on the second game.

What does stick in mind though, are the levels and how each different part of the world looked. The designs within each of the games are magnificent. Even more so that the graphics are so simple and easy on the eye.

----------------------------------------
    www.dbibby1988.blogspot.com
    ----------------------------------------
    www.dbibbyphoto.blogspot.com

What I think the OP is trying to say, and I would agree with him, is that LBP2 is superior in just about every single way, but it lacked the simplistic charm of LBP1.

I felt that the LBP 2 story levels were really only geared towards advertising the new create mode features. It was like, there wasn't really anything creative in LBP 2's story mode. It was always "Oh no! A thing! Quick, use this advanced technology that MM just added to the game to defeat the enemy!" Think about it:

First set of levels showcased the grappling hook
    Second showcased grabinators and the creatinator
    Third showed off sackbots
    Fourth demonstrated the controllinator
    Fifth was creatinator again, but its main focus was the projectile objects (like water)
    Sixth didn't really showcase much, but you were never running around with just your sackperson. You were always assisted by one of the new gadgets.

I liked how LBP 1 was simpler and freer, and it came with more memories. I like LBP 2's complexity in create mode though, and how many possibilities were opened up.
    How good are you at reading logic? Sack Hack
    Miss the good old days of simple, creative gameplay? Nostalgia Complex
    Are you a race level fanatic? Speed Runner's Paradise

15. Thanks!

I don't like to disagree with people, but I officially think LBP2 was better than LBP1.

Mm have to show the new features, otherwise you're just stumped, staring at the Creatinator, like 'what the heck is that?'.

Well, that, little sackpeople, is the innovation and changing ways of LittleBigPlanet 2.

>Small but insignificant speech now over<.

FIN
    Clara: "How did we get here?!"
    The Doctor: "I already told you, it's the ship! It's all very sciencey!"

"I'm the Doctor, I'm an alien from outer space, I'm a thousand years old, I've got two hearts and I can't fly a plane! Can you?!"

It's all very sciencey.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2