BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

LBPCentral Creator Spotlight CrewUniverseUnderConstruction jwwphotos's Avatar
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 860
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Blog Entries

Default Space Escape Pinball - * Spotlighted! * Mm Picked! *

At long last my Pinball game is complete and ready for you to take a crack at it. I did a simpler version in the Beta as a 3 day concept when first learning all the new goodies and thus it seemed to have started the LBP2 pinball madness. So I decided once LBP2 came out to take that fun idea and expand on it till my head got dizzy. lol

http://lbp.me/v/zqv8mj

This pinball table has tons of bells and whistles and quite proud of how it plays. It is a semi less than normal gravity level using a sackbot as the ball. Makes for funny, delightful and challenging table play and gets quite quick once you start getting some shots down. By completing missions, taking advantage of bonuses, 2x multipliers, as well as getting a shot at the mini table below, you can really get some high scores. Also included is a sort of nifty scrolling messaging system that queues and plays mission information.

Best suited for one player, but all four can join in and view from the observation deck overlooking the machine.

Tons of combos to be found. Clear the flying jump pad bots for a shot to gain access to the mini table below the main table or send the bot up the ramp for some fun and entertaining effects.

Thanks to Morgana25, Smasher1973, Standby250 for play testing and suggestions. However, I have to thank most of all, TheCountessZ for a zillion+ plays during testing and quite a few awesome suggestions the help bring this table to life.

Thanks much! Hope you enjoy!

..the pics!

Last edited by jwwphotos; 08-15-2013 at 08:56 PM. Reason: added back link since LBP.me connectivity no longer works

2. Thanks!

Ooooohhh - wow - this looks FAR better than the one in the beta. Queued!!!
    F4F Participant
    Levels published: F4F: LIBERATOR - Spotlighted!!!! -, Vectroids - MM Picked!!! Spotlighted!!!! -, Sea Dragon -Spotlighted-, Roll out the Barrel! -Spotlighted-, Splat Invaders III: Insurrection - Spotlighted-, Destiny! -Spotlighted! MM Community pick!-, Vertigo! -Spotlighted-, Splat Invaders Saga -Spotlighted! IGN Pick!-, Splat Invaders II: The Caverns of Splat -Spotlighted!-, Tiger Woods Mini Golf -Spotlighted!-, Starship Troopers -Spotlighted!-

4. Thanks!

Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 57
    Overall activity: 0%
    100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 7 days registered 500 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    MoonfaceDesigns

Definitely interesting. The mission aspect reminds me of the pinball game you can get on Windows XP, and I loved that. Queued.

6. Thanks!

LBPCentral Spotlight CrewCurmudgeon Extraordinaire biorogue's Avatar
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 1,281
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    jester946
    Blog Entries

this looks fantastic, and sackbots instead of balls, ha! I'm on it. queued

8. Thanks!

I can't believe how many times I played this...good thing it doesn't take quarters!

The sackbot adds a lot of charm and wonkiness that makes this table very unique. Who wouldn't love a pinball game where the "ball" laughs and runs down the flipper? The table design is fantastic...lots going on. The spinning triangle bumpers that wander in the middle are genius.

You've done a great job making the bot behave, the free ball on a squash, making him jump after being perched on something for a while, etc. The collision detection with the flippers/bot seems flakey at times but it works well enough to be a heck of a lot of fun and very addictive.

I did get the bot stuck twice and had to retry. Both times were during the red-gas loop sequence, he somehow got off the path. How difficult would it be to kill the bot if the sack person pops themselves and respawns at the entrance checkpoint?

Just great!

10. Thanks!

Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheCountessZ View Post
    This was a true pleasure to help test. The table is so filled with action and sounds, but the visuals just blow me away. I mean...I've seen it since its infancy but the pictures you posted made me realize how beautiful the whole thing is. Fantastic job...I'd love to see you do more pinball levels because you have the real feel of a pinball machine down to a tee!
    Thanks much!! I dunno if I will do anymore pinball levels, though. I hate to overdo something, but you never know. I do have a few ideas I might try someday. lol
    Thanks so much and glad you enjoyed. All your help on this one has been wonderful. Getting your feedback, watching you play has been invaluable. It just wouldn't be anywhere near as fun without your help. Bless yer heart and thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by fullofwin View Post
    I can't believe how many times I played this...good thing it doesn't take quarters!

The sackbot adds a lot of charm and wonkiness that makes this table very unique. Who wouldn't love a pinball game where the "ball" laughs and runs down the flipper? The table design is fantastic...lots going on. The spinning triangle bumpers that wander in the middle are genius.

You've done a great job making the bot behave, the free ball on a squash, making him jump after being perched on something for a while, etc. The collision detection with the flippers/bot seems flakey at times but it works well enough to be a heck of a lot of fun and very addictive.

I did get the bot stuck twice and had to retry. Both times were during the red-gas loop sequence, he somehow got off the path. How difficult would it be to kill the bot if the sack person pops themselves and respawns at the entrance checkpoint?

Just great!
    lol.. gosh if it did take quarters I would be broke as well from playing so many times!! So glad you enjoyed it so much! Thanks for all the kind words!

Yikes.. he got stuck on the ramp? Could you give me an idea of about where that was? I have detectors that should make him turn to goo if he gets outside that and stays stuck for over 3 seconds.. as well as quite a bit of logic to get him up and around the corner.

Here is a pic if you could point out about where he got stuck for me, I can tweak some sensor ranges. You can sorta see the path as I have the holo very dimly lit when not in use to act like the plastic they usually use on ramps. Thanks much!!!!

(aka jww) - Published Levels
    Space Escape (spotlighted!) // Space Escape II (spotlighted!)
    Survival Line (spotlighted!) // Space Escape Pinball (spotlighted! Mm Picked!)
    Trapped (spotlighted! vita)

Quote Originally Posted by jwwphotos View Post
    Yikes.. he got stuck on the ramp? Could you give me an idea of about where that was? I have detectors that should make him turn to goo if he gets outside that and stays stuck for over 3 seconds.. as well as quite a bit of logic to get him up and around the corner.

Here is a pic if you could point out about where he got stuck for me, I can tweak some sensor ranges. You can sorta see the path as I have the holo very dimly lit when not in use to act like the plastic they usually use on ramps. Thanks much!!!!
    I got it to happen two games in a row! :-D

The problem seems to only occur if I give the bot a good smack as he races down the left flipper. In order for the bug to occur, you cannot slow the bot's progress at all ... He falls down the chute, slides to about the mid-point of the flipper, and then WHACK, screams up the ramp, and basically jumps the north edge of it.

I'll try to get a screenshot the next time I cause it to happen. In the meantime, here's an edit of what I remember, using the image you gave to us.

Hmm, now that I look at the image again, he sorta lands northeast of where I drew his figure.. more on top of the wall. My initial memory was of him sitting on the corner of the bumper, but I think he breaks completely free of the ramp.

He never tries to auto-tilt (jump back down to the playfield) either...

13. Thanks!

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 67
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    Jayhawk_er
    Blog Entries

Holy coolness that looks nice! You should add that cheat from the Microsoft Space Pinball when you type in hidden test and press enter you can move the ball with the mouse. Haha just kidding, would make me laugh though!

My LPB2 Levels
    Timber Hopping
    Pirate Perils .::Spotlighted::.
    Jet Strike .::Spotlighted::.

Team of Prattz, Joey, OneEyedBanshee, and Jayhawk_er
    MTG - A Malevolent Tale .::Mm Picked!::.

Hard work never killed anybody, but why risk it?

15. Thanks!

Well, you already know what I think of it, but I'll tell ya again anyways. AWESOME!!! I loved this table. It has everything. The bots as balls is a nice feature too. This is my fave LBP pinball hands down. Thanks for making it!!
    When all is said and done. There's usually more said than done.......

17. Thanks!

Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 351
    Overall activity: 5.0%

PSN
    julesyjules

Yeh, its a great table jww - unlockable bonuses, gizmos and gimmicks is what I want from my LBP pinny! I played it a few times, and had an issue once where the bot fell into the shaft on the far left and stood quite happily at the bottom leaving me with only a re-start as an option, so have a look into that area. Other than that, no problems. Really fun and addictive this one!

19. Thanks!

Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 57
    100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 7 days registered 500 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    MoonfaceDesigns

Played it and really liked it. Had a nice visual theme to it all and I liked the instructions being something you don't always have to go through to get to the game itself. The use of a Sackbot for a ball really makes it, and I loved the mini pinball table that unlocks in the center. My Sackbot somehow managed to perch itself on a very thin section just above the chute by the left flipper, and I thought it was going to just stay there, but it jumped up to un-stick itself which I loved since in any other pinball game I've played that would require a restart. Very fun overall, and nothing to really fault on. I'll probably be playing this a few more times to try and find everything in case I missed something.

21. Thanks!

PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Blog Entries

Thanks so much for all the feedback!!! So glad it either looks fun to play or you already enjoyed it. That makes me happy to see such a positive reaction to something that was so much fun and near and dear to my heart to create for you all.

Quote Originally Posted by CCubbage View Post
    Ooooohhh - wow - this looks FAR better than the one in the beta. Queued!!!
    lol.. yup. I go all out when I know I get to keep stuff!!

I went back in the Beta and took some notes on some settings here and there, but for the most part this is a whole new machine based on what I learned from my Beta version. Actually quite a bit larger from the old one.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonface View Post
    Definitely interesting. The mission aspect reminds me of the pinball game you can get on Windows XP, and I loved that. Queued.
    Yeah.. I loved that XP pinball game too! I like task / mission logic on pinball machines. Give you extra purpose as well as quite a bit more points while smacking the ball around. lol

Quote Originally Posted by biorogue View Post
    this looks fantastic, and sackbots instead of balls, ha! I'm on it. queued
    Thanks! While everyone else went nuts making sackbots act, giving them special powers and weapons... I decided to smack them around.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawk_er View Post
    Holy coolness that looks nice! You should add that cheat from the Microsoft Space Pinball when you type in hidden test and press enter you can move the ball with the mouse. Haha just kidding, would make me laugh though!
    I didn't know about that cheat! lol

Quote Originally Posted by smasher1973 View Post
    Well, you already know what I think of it, but I'll tell ya again anyways. AWESOME!!! I loved this table. It has everything. The bots as balls is a nice feature too. This is my fave LBP pinball hands down. Thanks for making it!!
    Thanks so much!! Really appreciate your suggestion on the flippers in case of LBP physics glitches. Actually it seems it is almost a defense as I haven't had it happen to me since!

Quote Originally Posted by julesyjules View Post
    Yeh, its a great table jww - unlockable bonuses, gizmos and gimmicks is what I want from my LBP pinny! I played it a few times, and had an issue once where the bot fell into the shaft on the far left and stood quite happily at the bottom leaving me with only a re-start as an option, so have a look into that area. Other than that, no problems. Really fun and addictive this one!
    Thanks J! Really appreciate the input!

Actually I have it set to have him turn into goo after 3 seconds if he gets in there. I had the tag a bit high once I decided to disable the bounce pad in that chamber till active. Shoulda seen him get in there and do nothing but bounce up and down and rack up zillions of points... though you were stuck. Should be ok now! ..though still amazing he CAN sometimes get in there!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Moonface View Post
    Played it and really liked it. Had a nice visual theme to it all and I liked the instructions being something you don't always have to go through to get to the game itself. The use of a Sackbot for a ball really makes it, and I loved the mini pinball table that unlocks in the center. My Sackbot somehow managed to perch itself on a very thin section just above the chute by the left flipper, and I thought it was going to just stay there, but it jumped up to un-stick itself which I loved since in any other pinball game I've played that would require a restart. Very fun overall, and nothing to really fault on. I'll probably be playing this a few more times to try and find everything in case I missed something.
    Yup.. I added in a bit of acting in hopes of having folks groan and just about the time they reach for that play button... he leaps. Much easier to do that with a bot rather than a ball. ...looks much more natural too. LOL!!!

Thanks for the comments!!
    Last edited by jwwphotos; 04-04-2011 at 06:57 PM.

23. Thanks!

Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 351
    Overall activity: 5.0%

PSN
    julesyjules

Quote Originally Posted by jwwphotos View Post
    Actually I have it set to have him turn into goo after 3 seconds if he gets in there. I had the tag a bit high once I decided to disable the bounce pad in that chamber till active. Shoulda seem him get in there and do nothing but bounce up and down and rack up zillions of points... though you were stuck. Should be ok now! ..though still amazing he CAN sometimes get in there!!!!
    Yeh, I didn't think you'd have overlooked this, so just double check your goo-ing triggers...

25. Thanks!

"goo-ing triggers"..... can we get this put into the wiki?
    F4F Participant
    Levels published: F4F: LIBERATOR - Spotlighted!!!! -, Vectroids - MM Picked!!! Spotlighted!!!! -, Sea Dragon -Spotlighted-, Roll out the Barrel! -Spotlighted-, Splat Invaders III: Insurrection - Spotlighted-, Destiny! -Spotlighted! MM Community pick!-, Vertigo! -Spotlighted-, Splat Invaders Saga -Spotlighted! IGN Pick!-, Splat Invaders II: The Caverns of Splat -Spotlighted!-, Tiger Woods Mini Golf -Spotlighted!-, Starship Troopers -Spotlighted!-

27. Thanks!

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 637
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    Ungreth

Nah, didn't like this one much. Badly made and boring to play.

Kidding!

Best pinball game on LBP so far. Mad fun!

29. Thanks!

PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CCubbage View Post
    "goo-ing triggers"..... can we get this put into the wiki?
    ..and can you put those goo-ing triggers to stun? Makes me think I need to wash my hands now. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ungreth View Post
    Nah, didn't like this one much. Badly made and boring to play.

Kidding!

Best pinball game on LBP so far. Mad fun!
    Thanks Ungreth!! Appreciate that!

31. Thanks!

Apparently I am oblivious. I was bored waitng for the hole in the table to heal up (I usually play with the cat during this time)...anyway started hitting L!/R1...I was controlling little flippers! Much easier to get a high score with this little bit of knowledge...doh! Now I just have to figure out what happens if you manage to break all three yellow/orange/red gates on left side...

33. Thanks!

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 637
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    Ungreth

Whoo-hoo! Ungreth just hit the top 5 of a leaderboard, for the first time ever in his miserable existence!

Ahhhh...the adrenaline!

35. Thanks!

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 283
    PSN
    Thegide
    Blog Entries

Ah you finished it? Sweet! I'll have to give it a go!

37. Thanks!

Needs to play LBP2 again. kirbyman62's Avatar
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 259
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Recommendation Second Class 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    kirbyman62
    Blog Entries

Played this yesterday, it was great! I'm not good enough at pinball to accept any of the missions though

39. Thanks!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast