BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Sackrificed - MM Picked! My First!

The actual level is here: http://lbp.me/v/zwhr7g

It's been a long time coming but I'm finally happy with it.

More Pics
    [spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Many thanks to: Yarudark, emoguy, dajdaj03, Bremnen, bagheadinc, inanmiacy, claptonfann, Jaeyden, comphermc & everyone who helped playtest. Thanks for sticking with me when I started speaking in tongues.
    Last edited by Morgana25; 04-13-2011 at 07:52 AM.

sig by chuck_18mp illustration by TheZimInvader

Chroma Stone Chronicles Veriddian's Gem | Pyrra's Gem | Cerrulean's Gem | Irridia's Gem | Abyssia's Lair
    Dragons of Myth Egypt | Teotihuacan | Iceland | Greece
    Fire and Ice
    Sackrificed MM Picked! lbp.me link for Sackrificed

Morgana25 on lbp.me

Don't mess with Morgana or you get the wand

3. Thanks!

Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 547
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 30 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    LaharlKun
    Blog Entries

PFFFFFT!!!!

Morgana made a level!? I must make haste and try this! Seriously. Maybe you'll even inspire me to not play WKC and start making levels. (And so you wont delete me off your friends list X_X) But that's not important! Morgana made a level. I have to go play this.
    Quote Originally Posted by jump_button
    Create for yourself, and never for others.
    My Levels:
    ==================
    The Burning ForestF4F
    Clock TowerF4F

5. Thanks!

Very funny...this is why I never go on vacation. The actual level has some great platforming and is just beautful...really nice lava falls. Between this and Wizard it has been a good/fun day for LBP.

7. Thanks!

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 417
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Recommendation Second Class 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    shawneboi

Just finished playing this one, and I must say that you have done it again. Your expert use of lighting and material combination create one of the most visually breathtaking levels ive seen thus far. And the platforming and Egg searching is fun to top the whole thing off! I will be back for more...especially now that I have the impervious pass and can now get those bubble combos i noticed below...

Thank you for this one!
    Shawn

btw...thanks for playing through my level with comph to make that vid...it is great!

Big thanks to Rhyfelwr for the Sig and Avatar!
    My Levels:
    Elemental Series *Spotlighted*
    The Legend of Zelda Forest Temple (Remastered) *Spotlighted*
    Shock Factory 2010 *Spotlighted*
    Forgotten Hollow *Spotlighted*
    LBP "Power Up" Training Facility
    VioHazard

9. Thanks!

jnstin

Looks great. I'll queue it up for later.

11. Thanks!

Thumbs up

Some fun platforming in here, thanks for that. Visuals were pretty like always.
    I have it queued again to have a go at the fire run.
    Those bubbles in the lava were so confusing on the first play! Have you considered only emitting them if the sticker switch is activated?
    I got 13 eggs. Does the ending change if you don't grab any?
    Revenge of the thick layer foreground strikes again, but that's the way you build I guess. Nothing I can do to change your mind on the subject?

EDIT:
    Understandable.
    Last edited by midnight_heist; 04-11-2011 at 04:04 AM.

Bad design 101
    An ingame commentary about the good and bad design choices in my first level: "Platforming 101" ... Learn as you play!

13. Thanks!

I played it and it was amazing, though I am surprised you managed to finish it between all the food-talk Oh, and I have claimed the 1st position on top of the scoreboard as well for now Yay! Must mention though I realized I had switched off 'collect community prizes' a little too late so I had to play it again to get it... Eventually I will get an even better score
    Returned for PS3 and cookies.

15. Thanks!

Tarsier Level Designer comphermc's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,725
    Recommendation Second Class 25000 Experience Points 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points
    PSN
    comphermc
    Blog Entries

Fun little level, Morgana. It's not without its little niggles, but I think another week with it would have driven you bonkers!

The opening movie is darn-near perfect, and the level badges are great. I've said everything else I needed to say in-game with my review.

Mm Picks: Roller INC 2 | Wizard: Chapter 1 | LittleBigPrius
    Levels: New! -The Button | The Fourth Wall | The Heist: Making a Withdrawal | Rubik's Tube
    Lbp.me profile: comphermc | LittleBigplanet 2 Create Tutorials: LBPlanetorials

17. Thanks!

Sackperson Lieutenant
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    OmegaSlayer
    Blog Entries

Nice to see you back
    Queued for the future

Sig by FJT

19. Thanks!

Played it, loved it, yay'd it, hearted it. The whole thing was excellent, and I love the eggs as secrets being given a part to the story later. I also replayed the level using the fireproof option, and it makes the level tons of fun even though every possible way of dying pretty much disappears. Nothing to fault, and I like how you don't tell us how many eggs there are compared to how most levels state the number of secrets they have lately. Opening movie was really nice too.

21. Thanks!

Grand Den Mod-er of LBPC Morgana25's Avatar
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 853

PSN
    Morgana25

Thanks everyone for the plays and the kind words.

Quote Originally Posted by midnight_heist View Post
    Those bubbles in the lava were so confusing on the first play! Have you considered only emitting them if the sticker switch is activated?
    I got 13 eggs. Does the ending change if you don't grab any?
    Revenge of the thick layer foreground strikes again, but that's the way you build I guess. Nothing I can do to change your mind on the subject?
    That's a good point about emitting the bubbles. I could. I think I went with them in plain sight as a teaser to play again in firepoof mode. So people would understand that there were places you could go in that mode you can't go in regular mode.

There are 15 total eggs. Each number has a unique line the Mama Phoenix says if you collect that number. If you collect no eggs the final cutscene is skipped and you don't get the sticker. I figured if you at least tried to find some I'd give out the sticker. I'm too easy about that sort of stuff lol.

I am aware of the frustration of front layer glitch in platforming levels. I tried to make it pretty obvious where you could and couldn't jump because that drives me nuts too. I don't think I'll stop using the glitch though, it just brings another level of depth I can't resist.

Quote Originally Posted by comphermc View Post
    Fun little level, Morgana. It's not without its little niggles, but I think another week with it would have driven you bonkers!

The opening movie is darn-near perfect, and the level badges are great.
    I think your're right - I had to get it out or go nuts. lol. The badge phoenix shape Bremnen did for me Many thanks to him. The font is from your level so thanks for that too. The opening movie was a lot of fun to put together and your fine tuning and cleanup on the more neglected areas really helped polish it up. Dajdaj03 had a lot of influence in there too (birds, music, posters & general artsy genius advice.)

Quote Originally Posted by Moonface View Post
    Played it, loved it, yay'd it, hearted it. The whole thing was excellent, and I love the eggs as secrets being given a part to the story later. I also replayed the level using the fireproof option, and it makes the level tons of fun even though every possible way of dying pretty much disappears. Nothing to fault, and I like how you don't tell us how many eggs there are compared to how most levels state the number of secrets they have lately.
    Thanks! The fireproof mode idea just hit me in the car on the way home from work one night. I spent weeks trying to get it to work using bots and it all was going ok then I discovered a problem with bubble collection that I couldn't solve. Jaeyden gave me the solution to how to do the level without using the bots and it worked great!

I'm so glad people seem to be enjoying it! Feels great to actually have a level under my belt in LBP2!
    Last edited by Morgana25; 04-10-2011 at 07:33 PM.

Chroma Stone Chronicles Veriddian's Gem | Pyrra's Gem | Cerrulean's Gem | Irridia's Gem | Abyssia's Lair
    Fire and Ice

Morgana25 on lbp.me

23. Thanks!

Hey, already told you that I love this level!

I love the volcano theme and you did a great job on all the lava effects and the scenery.
    And with a funny intro movie (oh Barbara...), and good platforming, we can only enjoy it!

For me, we kinda lack of "classic" platforming levels on LBP2, so this level fills the void a little and in the best of ways!

Also thanks for mentioning me, even though I dont feel I did much...
    [FONT="Arial"]Online Pod : www.dajdaj03lbp.weebly.com

25. Thanks!

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 484
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    maximus254

I WAS playing it, until I was dragged out of my room for a haircut.
    I loved what I saw, especially the little birdies.

Touch the button!

27. Thanks!

Still trembling... talbot-trembler's Avatar
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 587

PSN
    talbottrembler

Loved it.

The atmosphere was brilliant as always, and the platforming exceptional. As if we'd expect anything else, well done!

Are you trembling?

29. Thanks!

Stunning visuals, the lava looks amazing with those animated materials. It was a great level, although I did find the gameplay was a bit boring, it was all just 'run over there, swing on that sponge, jump on that bounce pad' with not much else to it. However the secret eggs did add a little to it I suppose. I rated yay.

By the way, how did you do that fireproof mode? At first I thought it would be a sackbot, but it's not. *puzzled*

Edit: Just thought I'd bring it to your attention that some people seem to be having trouble with checkpoints. I can't remember if they are, but if you've lethalised the checkpoints some people can't spawn from them without dying.
    Last edited by Doopz; 04-10-2011 at 09:57 PM.

31. Thanks!

PSN
    Morgana25

I fixed the checkpoints - was a theck on fire issue.

How I did the fireproof is pretty simple - thick versus thin fire. all controlled by danger sensors turned on or off by the sticker switch.

Fire and Ice

Morgana25 on lbp.me

33. Thanks!

Professional Day Dreamer CYMBOL's Avatar
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 187
    Overall activity: 3.0%

PSN
    CYMBOL

Played this today. A very solid platformer. Only minor nitpicks. The level was a bit dark. More than once I couldn't see the ledges, just had to jump around and guess. Also, the camera angle made it so you could barely tell where the jump pads were. Other than that, great replay value with the bird finding requirements.

Well done.
    Last edited by CYMBOL; 04-10-2011 at 10:14 PM.
    My first LBP2 Level - "Jumper"! Woohoo! http://lbp.me/v/ygrw7d

First half of Jumper: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN-o_aXG56s (Thanks to Memodrix)

YouTube video review of, "The Explorers". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGttrlQG43Q

35. Thanks!

Played this last night - terrific! Great layering and special effects, and I TOTALLY loved setting the phoenixes free! Had a hard time finding all the eggs - my son helped me get a few... he sat there and told me where I was going wrong all the way through.

Definately a really high-class experience. Oh... I also realized I had never hearted you as a creator.... had to rectify that.... you've deserved it for, oh, several years. Great job!
    F4F Participant
    Levels published: F4F: LIBERATOR - Spotlighted!!!! -, Vectroids - MM Picked!!! Spotlighted!!!! -, Sea Dragon -Spotlighted-, Roll out the Barrel! -Spotlighted-, Splat Invaders III: Insurrection - Spotlighted-, Destiny! -Spotlighted! MM Community pick!-, Vertigo! -Spotlighted-, Splat Invaders Saga -Spotlighted! IGN Pick!-, Splat Invaders II: The Caverns of Splat -Spotlighted!-, Tiger Woods Mini Golf -Spotlighted!-, Starship Troopers -Spotlighted!-

37. Thanks!

PSN
    Morgana25

Thanks guys! Makes me smile to know you enjoyed it.

@CCub - hope your son liked it too. I love to know what he thinks of my stuff. He has great taste!

I added the mama & baby phoenix costumes in prize bubbles too. They have a fair ammount of dlc so sorry if you can't use them. They are in prize bubbles on top of the "bridge" area right before the bounce pads up to the lava chase. You'll need a grappling hook to get them

Hey cool! I got my first review in Japanese!

プロと思わせる完成している作品です。溶岩の表現も色々あって見応えあり。何と言っても、灼熱の溶岩洞窟を 抜けていくアクションがカッコイイ!

Translation:This is reminiscent of work has been completed with the pros. Also available in a variety of spectacular lava expression. To say what action will cool the blazing through the lava cave?
    Last edited by Morgana25; 04-11-2011 at 01:55 AM.

Fire and Ice

Morgana25 on lbp.me

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast