BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default LBPC Crown Contest #1 - The No-Floor Platformer!

Greetings! Allow us to introduce ourselves: we are LBPCentral's new Contest Crew, and we're here to get your creative cogs turning with new monthly(ish) LBP contests! We've all been working hard to get this in motion, and we're excited to finally be able to announce it to the community!

Our goal for each contest is to provide you with opportunities to exercise your creativity, show off your work, and maybe win some prizes in the process. The folks at Mm tell us that there might be something... shiny in it for our winners as well, so you probably shouldn't miss out!

Anyways, enough talk. We'll be kicking things off with our first official contest: the "No-Floor Platformer" challenge. We've got more information on what it is and how to enter immediately below.

Thanks, and we look forward to your entry!

Sincerely,

Leather-Monkey, Moleynator, Mother-Misty, OCK, OmegaSlayer, RockSauron, Shropshirelass, TehUberZac, Thegide, and Mr_T-Shirt.

Clarification on the use of controllinators

The rules state that "use of controllinators is forbidden". There are a few possible interpretations of this, however, we have agreed that this rule pertains to sackboy. Sackboy may not use controllinators in any form, whether in the DCS or not. Anything not covered by this interpretation is fair game. Hope that helps to alleviate some confusion!
    Last edited by Thegide; 05-21-2011 at 03:59 PM.

FAQs

Quote Originally Posted by jjmasterjj View Post
    can jetpacks on sackbots be good?
    The rules state that jetpacks are not allowed, so we're sticking with that.

Besides, Sackbot's can't use jetpacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Super_Dork_42 View Post
    I have a question about the use of controllinators. Can we use them if they are used in a sackbot remote control that kills the player if the bot dies? Because I have one of those I was planning on using so that water is by definition lethal.
    The rules state controllinators may not be used. Due to several inquiries on the interpretation of this rule, we have clarified it here. The use of controllinators applies to sackboy only, who may not use them in any form.

The rules state that "use of controllinators is forbidden". There are a few possible interpretations of this, however, we have agreed that this rule pertains to sackboy. Sackboy may not use controllinators in any form, whether in the DCS or not. Anything not covered by this interpretation is fair game. Hope that helps to alleviate some confusion!

Originally Posted by Fishrock123
    I need answers to a few things...
    Are controlinators acceptable if your using them to control a sackbot?
    Is gravity tweaking acceptable?

Thanks..
    Gravity tweaking is acceptable, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Doopz479 View Post
    Just wondering though, if I want to enter (not sure if I do yet), would I be allowed? Since I was kinda one of the people who the contest was leaked to about a week ago, we technically could have started our contest entries and gotten an unfair head start. I promise I haven't, I just don't want to enter and then get turned down because I could have cheated. If not, I'll think about entering the next one, since I have no idea what that one is.
    Yes, you can, since we have change some rules since you had a peek, and you have been fair and honest

Quote Originally Posted by Holguin86 View Post

Now, I have a really nice idea for a level to enter this contest with, but does the fact I already have a crown stop me from entering? In the unlikely event that I win, you could always give it to the runner up
    If some crowned guy competes and wins, we can give the crown to the runner up.
    It's a very nice and kind thing, totally within the spirit of the contest.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster View Post
    How many judges are going to play the level at the same time while it is being judged?
    A fair number, don't worry
    The crew is big enough

Quote Originally Posted by fireblitz95 View Post
    Is this too big for a safety zone?
    What you have there is quite a bit larger than "just big enough". Tell you what, if you can shrink it down a teeny bit and stick within the guidelines for the rest of the level, I think we can allow it.

Quote Originally Posted by nerzdadestroyer View Post
    ..........a remote controlled sackbot is excepted as a vehicle even tho it dies in the same ways as sackboy does and more besides? never mind..... i was gunna do him as a sackbot so you wear a specific costume that's all :/
    ok i have a freaky level planned.
    The sackboy must keep his feet in the air...just remember this
    Sackboy may not use a controllinator in any form, which means he is prohibited from controlling a sackbot.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankehh View Post
    Can we make an entrance where you walk to a start point or it's really from A to B no feet?
    Small safety zones where sackboy can touch the ground are allowable at the entrance, at checkpoints, and the scoreboard. Think the width of a few checkpoints. The spirit of the contest is to keep sackboy off his feet, so the less walking, the better.
    You might want to consider placing the entrance gate at the start point
    Last edited by RockSauron; 05-22-2011 at 02:15 PM.

This statement is true.

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 378
    Overall activity: 0%
    Recommendation Second Class 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    A_Morton
    Blog Entries

Woo!

Staying up till 2:00am was worth it for seeing this!

Good luck to all ye who enter and get your thinking caps on!
    Oh, hai.

Keep Moving Forward ConverseFox's Avatar
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 534
    7 days registered 30 days registered 3 months registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    cory_7101995
    Blog Entries

If I come up with an outstanding idea, I'm definitely entering.

KEEP
    CALM

AND
    ALLONS-
    Y!

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 67
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    Jayhawk_er
    Blog Entries

Sooooooooooooo sick!!!! That is such a cool idea! I'm so excited, way to get this rolling everyone!

My LPB2 Levels
    Timber Hopping
    Pirate Perils .::Spotlighted::.
    Jet Strike .::Spotlighted::.

Team of Prattz, Joey, OneEyedBanshee, and Jayhawk_er
    MTG - A Malevolent Tale .::Mm Picked!::.

Hard work never killed anybody, but why risk it?

Wow! This is awesome. Might give this a go, definitely a challenging contest, creating wise.

This is goning to be sweeet

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 398
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    AeroForce22

Quick question about a few things.

Are we not allowed to publish locked to the community for testing purposes? I could test my level 100 times and not find something broken, but I've noticed that when a friend plays it they tend to find broken things within either their first or second testing. I guess they could join me on my moon....never mind this.

Are we allowed to use controlinators set to the "closest player" setting or whatever so that the player could remotely control certain things? I've got some neat ideas, and they don't involve vehicles. :P I understand why you want us to not use them, but is it possible that they can only be limited slightly?

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 484
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    maximus254

Yes,
    Finally someone doing something.
    I'll try! Can't guarantee it will turn out that well though.

Touch the button!

jjmasterjj

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 283
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    Thegide
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AeroForce22 View Post
    Quick question about a few things.
    Are we allowed to use controlinators set to the "closest player" setting or whatever so that the player could remotely control certain things? I've got some neat ideas, and they don't involve vehicles. :P I understand why you want us to not use them, but is it possible that they can only be limited slightly?
    We thought long and hard about the rules for this one, and believe me when I say it was not easy. While I'm sure there are many ways a controllinator could be acceptable, we decided against their use so as to avoid having questionable applications that border on violating the rules. Accordingly, we are sticking to the contest rules as they appear in the poster. Besides, if sackboy is sitting in the DCS, then he's not off his feet, is he?

Quote Originally Posted by jjmasterjj View Post
    EDIT: The rules state that jetpacks are not allowed, so we're sticking with that.
    Last edited by Thegide; 05-20-2011 at 02:31 AM.

Eccentric SackGentleman Frinklebumper's Avatar
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 275
    PSN
    Frinklebumper

Quote Originally Posted by Thegide View Post
    The rules state that jetpacks are ok.
    It says use of controllinators and jetpacks is forbidden.
    Delicious avatar provided by the great Mnniska.

Junior Sackperson

PSN
    Super_Sackboy_99
    Blog Entries

Wait, @thegide, you said jetpacks are ok, look at the rules again, it said DCS and jetpacks aren't allowed.

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 283
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    Thegide
    Blog Entries

Sorry, I made a typo there Fix'd.

14. Thanks!

Junior Sackperson

PSN
    Super_Sackboy_99
    Blog Entries

Tanks for clearing that up......

Let's see, where'd I put my jar of tartar sauce........? You must know thief!

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 454
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    PSN
    Rustbukkit

Congrats to the LBPC Contest Crew for finally getting this out there to the community! Hopefully this will be the skip in our stride that we need to get things rolling in a really fun direction again!

I wish you all the best of luck with your endeavours (and sleepless nights of playing and judging from what I'm sure will yield some fantastic levels)!!

Great job you guys!
    Take your copy of LBP3, put it back in it's case, wrap it up in some nice holiday paper, and stick it under your tree in hopes it will be fixed and playable by Christmas morning.

DEVS - If you want to know what's wrong with your game why don't you just throw a copy in your machines and play it? Just a thought.

*End Transmisson*

Vandz

Think i may make a level, i like the idea...

LBPCentral Spotlight Crew LBPC Spotlight Crew WESFUN's Avatar
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,122
    Your First Group 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    WESFUN
    Blog Entries

sounds fun im in lets make magic people.
    even though im working on a level series atm ill pertisapate in this as i need to work on my platforming skills.

I HAS COOKIES!!!

This is looking really great guys! I'm sure those contests will be very succesfull!
    Looking forward to see the entries, that first contest theme is cool!

(Neat logo and flyer too! Who made them? Mother-misty?..just curious )
    [FONT="Arial"]Online Pod : www.dajdaj03lbp.weebly.com

Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 556
    Recommendation Second Class 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    chuck_18mp

Okay, this I like!

Hymnes 2.0?
    [B]F4F[/B ]SECRETS OF HYMNES // F4F Once Upon The Gardens // When The Bombs DIDN't Fall
    You liked N64's classic series Banjo & Kazooie ? Well have a look here!

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Leaver
    A timuh, it times.
    "Lolol Look at me I'm better than you"

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 398
    PSN
    AeroForce22

Quote Originally Posted by Thegide View Post
    We thought long and hard about the rules for this one, and believe me when I say it was not easy. While I'm sure there are many ways a controllinator could be acceptable, we decided against their use so as to avoid having questionable applications that border on violating the rules. Accordingly, we are sticking to the contest rules as they appear in the poster. Besides, if sackboy is sitting in the DCS, then he's not off his feet, is he?
    Sackboy doesn't need to be in the DCS. He can remotely control it using that one setting that sets the controlinator to receiver, and whoever is closest to it can control whatever without entering it. However, I understand that allowing it in any form could raise the question of what's acceptable and I'd hate to see people look at this method being allowed, and then taking it too far to the point where they get disqualified and lose all their hard work. So no big deal. I'll just have to think of another way to do what I want to. xD

Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 ... LastLast