BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Indy 500 Intro

  1. #1

    Default Indy 500 Intro

    The 100th Anniversary of the Indianapolis 500 was yesterday. It's the greatest spectacle in racing! Here's the televised intro. It's the best one I've ever seen.



  2. #2

    Default

    ...and another left turn!
    ...and another left turn!
    ...and another left turn!
    (repeat as many times as necessary.)



  3. #3
    LBPCentral Creator Spotlight CrewUniverseUnderConstruction jwwphotos's Avatar
    Points: 103,488, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Posts
    18,092
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverleon View Post
    ...and another left turn!
    ...and another left turn!
    ...and another left turn!
    (repeat as many times as necessary.)

    ..except that left turn is at 230mph and you would be screaming like a baby.

    I am a huge fan of road racing. F1, LeMans, ALMS, Daytona Prototypes, WSC, TransAM, SCCA Pro and SCCA Club Racing etc... but I love Indy Cars and especially at the Indy 500. Like hallowed ground or something. I cannot walk onto the grounds without a huge smile plastered on my face.

    Anyway.. on topic. I loved that Intro. Something you don't really get to see when you are at the event. Thanks for sharing that.

    Here is a pic from my seats at yesterdays Indy 500. Pretty much the best seats in the house in my opinion. Now if only the guy that owns them will call me next year if he has extras. lol

    (aka jww) - Published Levels
    Space Escape (spotlighted!) // Space Escape II (spotlighted!)
    Survival Line (spotlighted!) // Space Escape Pinball (spotlighted! Mm Picked!)
    Trapped (spotlighted! vita)



  4. #4
    Sackperson Lieutenant
    Points: 69,664, Level: 81
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Overall activity: 0%
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    OmegaSlayer
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    6,673
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Cool and Fichtner is a badass guy.
    I like to run fast with my car but I don't like car racing...it's just one of those thing I like to play/do and don't like to watch, like Tennis, bycicle, and lots of other things.

    Sig by FJT

  5. Thanks!


  6. #5
    Happy Holidays! Maxi's Avatar
    Points: 10,766, Level: 31
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 484
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    maximus254
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    マイホーム
    Posts
    910

    Default

    Oh, I just watched a race yesterday.



    JR. H (don't know his full name ) was passing for first yards away from the finish.
    And then smacked the wall.

    Touch the button!



  7. Thanks!


  8. #6

    Default

    Yeah...that was too bad. His name is JR Hildebrand.

  9. #7
    Happy Holidays! Maxi's Avatar
    Points: 10,766, Level: 31
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 484
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    maximus254
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    マイホーム
    Posts
    910

    Default

    Too much adrenaline.

    Touch the button!



  10. #8
    EG FIGHTING! Alex™'s Avatar
    Points: 37,520, Level: 59
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 330
    Overall activity: 0%
    Your First Group 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    AlexWF1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Barrowford, England
    Posts
    3,607

    Default

    I'm not a massive fan but I watched it because it is a massive event in racing.

    Didn't compare to the Monaco GP though I have the privelidge of going to both Silverstone (will be my 14th time) and Spa (1st time) for the Formula 1 this year though


    EG.HuK | EG.IdrA | EG.JYP | EG.DeMuslim

    EG FIGHTING!

    SlayerS MMA | dignitas.SeleCT | Empire.Kas


    'Senna não morreu, porque os deuses não morrem'

  11. #9

    Default

    @Alex...wow! You've been to Silverstone that many times? Very cool. Especially cool that you're going to Spa this year too. Good for you!

  12. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwwphotos View Post
    ..except that left turn is at 230mph and you would be screaming like a baby.

    I am a huge fan of road racing. F1, LeMans, ALMS, Daytona Prototypes, WSC, TransAM, SCCA Pro and SCCA Club Racing etc... but I love Indy Cars and especially at the Indy 500. Like hallowed ground or something. I cannot walk onto the grounds without a huge smile plastered on my face.

    Anyway.. on topic. I loved that Intro. Something you don't really get to see when you are at the event. Thanks for sharing that.

    Here is a pic from my seats at yesterdays Indy 500. Pretty much the best seats in the house in my opinion. Now if only the guy that owns them will call me next year if he has extras. lol

    Oh, I'm not saying its bad, in fact I really like racing of all kinds, running, cars, boats, anything high speed is my call, so don't take it the wrong way, its just people rarely talk about thse so I rarely get to make racing jokes.
    Don't worry, I'm not "race'ist. xD
    (No but really, I'm not in any sense of the word.)


  13. #11
    LBPCentral Creator Spotlight CrewUniverseUnderConstruction jwwphotos's Avatar
    Points: 103,488, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Posts
    18,092
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverleon View Post
    Oh, I'm not saying its bad, in fact I really like racing of all kinds, running, cars, boats, anything high speed is my call, so don't take it the wrong way, its just people rarely talk about thse so I rarely get to make racing jokes.
    Don't worry, I'm not "race'ist. xD
    (No but really, I'm not in any sense of the word.)
    lol... well, you could have helped by saying something positive as well. Hard to tell with you sometimes, ya know?

    However, I now get it. ..and to be honest, one of the lame jokes I've used when people have asked me concerning the 500 "If you had any advice you could give to the drivers what would it be?" turn left!! Actually got asked that on the radio once, but that is yet another story.

    So yeah.. I understand now. No worries.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex™ View Post
    I'm not a massive fan but I watched it because it is a massive event in racing.

    Didn't compare to the Monaco GP though I have the privelidge of going to both Silverstone (will be my 14th time) and Spa (1st time) for the Formula 1 this year though
    Yeah? I didn't realize it televised to the UK. Too Cool that you watched!

    I liked both races equally. I always love the 500 because I always have gone since I was a kid. Much like you have gone to Silverstone which is another dream of mine. I always went to the USGP when it was here in Indy. Not that it was my favorite road course, but well.. it is F1!!! Be nuts not to go when it is basically in your backyard!

    Spa you say? Now I am horribly jealous! Spa is basically one if my most fav sim tracks EVER!! I'd love to see an F1 race there! Hope you take some pics and share!
    Last edited by jwwphotos; 06-02-2011 at 02:53 AM.
    (aka jww) - Published Levels
    Space Escape (spotlighted!) // Space Escape II (spotlighted!)
    Survival Line (spotlighted!) // Space Escape Pinball (spotlighted! Mm Picked!)
    Trapped (spotlighted! vita)


  14. Thanks!


  15. #12
    EG FIGHTING! Alex™'s Avatar
    Points: 37,520, Level: 59
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 330
    Overall activity: 0%
    Your First Group 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    AlexWF1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Barrowford, England
    Posts
    3,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwwphotos View Post
    lol... well, you could have helped by saying something positive as well. Hard to tell with you sometimes, ya know?

    However, I now get it. ..and to be honest, one of the lame jokes I've used when people have asked me concerning the 500 "If you had any advice you could give to the drivers what would it be?" turn left!! Actually got asked that on the radio once, but that is yet another story.

    So yeah.. I understand now. No worries.



    Yeah? I didn't realize it televised to the UK. Too Cool that you watched!

    I liked both races equally. I always love the 500 because I always have gone since I was a kid. Much like you have gone to Silverstone which is another dream of mine. I always went to the USGP when it was here in Indy. Not that it was my favorite road course, but well.. it is F1!!! Be nuts not to go when it is basically in your backyard!

    Spa you say? Now I am horribly jealous! Spa is basically one if my most fav sim tracks EVER!! I'd love to see an F1 race there! Hope you take some pics and share!
    It's my last year in college this year, so my dad is treating me to it We're going with the same group we go to Silverstone with every year, so it should be awesome... We're sat at the top of Eau Rouge as well... Which is the one place I want to watch F1 from more than anything

    And yeah, I'd got to any local track for F1, even if it was Bahrain...

    They showed it on Eurosport or Motors TV I think, but I pay for ESPN America because I'm a massive hockey fan, and no where else shows the NHL (as you can see from my sig - Go Kings ). ESPN America shows all the NASCAR and Indycar as well, so I watched on there


    EG.HuK | EG.IdrA | EG.JYP | EG.DeMuslim

    EG FIGHTING!

    SlayerS MMA | dignitas.SeleCT | Empire.Kas


    'Senna não morreu, porque os deuses não morrem'

  16. Thanks!


  17. #13
    fary254
    Guest

    Default

    I have watched this event, Indy 500 was really mind blowing, and all the racer were really performed great there.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •