BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Story Mode: Worth the price of admission?

so, here's a question for all you sackfolk.

Would you buy LBP purely for it's story mode, if so...why? and if not...please explain!

Personally? I would have paid for the story mode alone, I think in LBP games the story mode is always fantastic fun to play for and simply put, absolutely gorgeous. The only qalm I have is with the length of the story which could easily be longer in my opinion.
    Gillet Vertigo Spirit 5 '11 - Beautiful.

No as it is kind of random and all over the place (mainly to show off the tools) which alone, would be rather misplaced and definitely not worth $60 considering also its length.

Keep Moving Forward ConverseFox's Avatar
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 173
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    7 days registered 30 days registered 3 months registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    cory_7101995
    Blog Entries

LBP wouldn't be a good game without create mode. It's as simple as that.

Though, if it was just create mode, I'd still buy it.

Story mode is just a small bit of the game.

KEEP
    CALM

AND
    ALLONS-
    Y!

Follow me on Twitter @Cory_7101995

LBPCentral Spotlight Crew Kartavitalicious! Night Angel's Avatar
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 844
    Overall activity: 41.0%

PSN
    NightAngel321
    Blog Entries

The story is fun, but I wouldn't buy LittleBigPlanet if it didn't have Create Mode.

"Staring at Craftworld and creating unfinished levels since 2008."
    ★| The Space Temples Saga (Vita) | ★Journey of the Cosmos★ |★

5. Thanks!

Who the hell buys any LBP game just for the story?

I don't know, hence why I asked. No need to be so rude.

Junior Sackperson TheUltraDeino's Avatar
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 359
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    ultralucario64
    Blog Entries

They're kinda right, story mode isn't really that long, and it's just there to show off the features. (First day I got LBP2, beat it, 3 days later, aced it)
    Last edited by ultralucario64; 06-16-2011 at 05:14 PM.

Tumblr Twitter Steam Youtube
    Also "The Ultra Deino" in: Minecraft, Miiverse, Skype, XBL (won't talk though)
    "ultralucario64" in: PSN

Yeah, it is short but I still feel as though it's pretty good. After all your average Call of Gray shooter game has about the same story length...

They could've just skipped story mode.

EDIT: Or, when you come to think of it. They should have had Victoria and Da Vincis levels as showing off tools level, but the storyline is overrated.

waterz confrmd 4 lbp3!!@@ Cronos Dage's Avatar
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 54
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points Created Blog entry 250 Experience Points Your First Group
    PSN
    Pharmer9T2
    Blog Entries

The story is random like koltonaugust said—like the machine were skipping through the dream flux(man).
    It is mostly to show off the tools and give a purpose to a sequel, in a way. It makes it so the trophy count can be higher and can show a/an [decent] example of what a level is supposed to look like, with all the pointless yet hooking decals around the world.

——

LBP™ storyline made better sense than LBP™2 storyline. Much more detail, not to mention the voice acting, but it was sort of repetitive and centered. Boring. I also beat most of it on my first try and aced the first 2 Curators instantly. It was as fast as beating Portal 2, meaning it's good, but yeah...no.
    Last edited by Cronos Dage; 06-19-2011 at 03:58 PM.

Nah, LBP2 is just worth getting for Create Mode.

Although, I enjoyed the Factory of a Better Tomorrow.

The only one that isn't random.
    PSN:Luigi1632

Add me, so we can play LittleBigPlanet 2 and Black Ops!

Fighting Game Mains:
    Akatsuki Blitzkampf:Adler and Akatsuki
    BlazBlue:Jin and Rachel
    Guilty Gear:Testament and Faust
    Melty Blood:Warachia and Nanaya Shiki
    Super Smash Bros:Ness and Luigi, Marth and Mr Game and Watch in Melee and Brawl

no, since i hate the LBP2 story mode, it's random, ugly and very annoying gameplay. i buy littlebigplanet 2 for it's createmode.

Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 298
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    julle_25-
    Blog Entries

if LBP1 didn't have the create mode i bet the "story mode" of the game would be waaaay more epic. i mean just think of the things they could've program properly without the bloody 2d-like objects and stuff. ya know real 3d animations etc in the 2d platforming

So.. if lbp1 had a proper story without create i would totally buy it.
    if it was exactly the same story and all without create... i WOULD have brought it (since i didn't knew it had a create mode at first) but then i would probably sell it later on. and also never buy LBP2. :I

LBP2 on the other hand.. maybe if it wasn't so expensive.

Teasing teaser is teasing you
    Here's my art thread for your interest. Check out my DeviantArt too~
    I forget stuff! Remind me please!

OP. Your sentence is a fragment. You mentioned LBP, but there was no create mode mentioned. It is not a complete sentence.
    Poorjack- "Quality Levels, for You and Your Family"
    Spoiler Spoiler - Check Out My Levels!

I enjoyed the story mode from the first game far more. I definitely wished it was longer once I was done. I didn't feel cheated. I just enjoyed it so much that I wished there was more to play once I was done with it. I think it had to do with how the whole thing felt like you were simply playing with a stuffed doll on someone's desk or in their yard. Everything actually did feel handmade in it, which was what drew me to it in the first place. I'd definitely buy that and play it over and over.

LBP2, not so much. Create would definitely have to be there. I didn't enjoy the story as much in this game. Clive's world was my favorite out of all of them. When I initially heard that there was going to be a Steampunk world in the game, I got excited. Steampunk is my most favorite artistic theme in the world. When I played Victoria's world, I was underwhelmed. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't as focused on the Victorian aspect as I had imagined. It focused more on the dessert aspect. The orchestral music and the cinematics made the whole game feel like the world was scaled down. It removed that whole handmade, "playing with toys" feel that I loved about the first game. I don't regret buying 2, but 1's story mode was better, IMO.
    Last edited by Blak99Psy; 06-23-2011 at 03:57 AM. Reason: clarity

"Hang your head and fall asleep."

If it was just for this short story mode, I'd definitely not buy it. Anyways, if it was the case, it would probably be a 15/25 $ game from the PS Store. LBP is all about creating, sharing and inovating, and without those aspects, LBP isn't LBP.

18. Thanks!

Yes, I feel that the story mode was very well made (that and I'm a platformer nut) but I would've probably waited until the price went down.

I enjoyed the Factory of a Better Tomorrow and Avalonia. But if there wasn't story mode, I wouldn't have the best level I created. It's based off Da Vinci, and I don't think I could've made anything similar without story.
    hershysnickers5

Needs to play LBP2 again. kirbyman62's Avatar
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 259
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Recommendation Second Class 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    kirbyman62
    Blog Entries

Probably not, but I would buy it if it didn't have any story and just create and community.

Sackperson Sergeant fumetsusozo's Avatar
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 762
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    7 days registered Created Album pictures 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    fumetsusozo
    Blog Entries

Story mode by it self would only be worth it if it cost only 10$ or less.
    I am a Big 2D or 2.5D Platformer fan, so I'd still be interested in playing it.
    But really LBP is worth pretty much only the create-mode and almost endless player made levels.

But I do have to say I enjoyed LBP2’s Story mode far Better then LBP1’s Dull story mode IMO.
    But they could still have done even better. I’m not a very big fan of Sci-Fi stories.

Hopefully whatever LBP they make for PS4 will have A more Simple & Fun story
    And less “Trying to hard to be epic” Story mode. *mew
    Last edited by fumetsusozo; 06-25-2011 at 05:33 AM.
    Lets go on a fantastic Adventure!

Spoiler Spoiler - <-My LBP2 Levels->

23. Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast