BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    LBPCentral Spotlight CrewCurmudgeon Extraordinaire biorogue's Avatar
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 364
    Overall activity: 94.0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    jester946
    Blog Entries

I wouldn't have bought it for just story mode. Like fumetsusozo said, it would have had to been cheap. I don't like shelling out $60 for something I can beat in a day or two.

---------

Follow me on the twitterz @bioswoop

This is a sentence. Number7Million's Avatar
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 30
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    You know, that place with the thing and also stuff.

Somewhere in the magical rainbow palace that is Media Molecule, a level designer is crying after reading this thread.

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 583
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 3 months registered
    PSN
    L1N3R1D3R
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Saohc View Post
    Nah, LBP2 is just worth getting for Create Mode.

Although, I enjoyed the Factory of a Better Tomorrow.

The only one that isn't random.
    I agree with almost everything you said. I'd pay, like, 15-20 bucks for just the story. But I disagree with you that LBP2 is, sic, "just worth getting for Create Mode." Its not just for story either. LBP is made for Play (story mode), Create (mode), and Share (community section).
    Last edited by L1N3R1D3R; 07-19-2011 at 06:17 PM.

LBP = create mode, the story is something on the side thats a means for picking up items for the create mode

I actually did like LBP1 more (story), something simple and fun about it, also the environments were a little more tangible. Ofc the toys offered to creators as part of lbp2 are really what it's all about =]

Circuitous Pigment Induction 2 Clip HERE - Queue HERE (Aug2012)
    (LBPV) Escape from Sackanamo bay Queue HERE (Feb2013)
    Wood happens Queue HERE (May2013) NEW!

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 717
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    piggabling
    Blog Entries

If I was to pay full price for a story-mode-only LBP2, I would expect the story to be more detailed, longer, and all-around more polished.

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 359
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    7 days registered 30 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 3 months registered
    PSN
    SnipySev
    Blog Entries

Well, I do like to experiment on my own in Create mode, but it's mostly all the great community levels fuel my fondness for LBP. Even with all it's flaws LBP has the best online aspect a non MMO game has ever seen, no matter what those FPS no-brainers say. It's a game spinning around the community. Take it away and all you have left is a 2.5 dimension platformer like many others out there.

The Story mode is ok. Heck, the Story Mode is great. It introduces you to the mechanics, the prize bubbles are fun way to get the stuff you'll be using, it shows you what can be done with the creator and what kind of design quality the most dedicated creators should be aiming for in their levels. But it's not the focus of MM's creative revolution.

7. Thanks!

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 717
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    piggabling
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SnipySev View Post
    The Story mode is ok. Heck, the Story Mode is great. It introduces you to the mechanics, the prize bubbles are fun way to get the stuff you'll be using, it shows you what can be done with the creator and what kind of design quality the most dedicated creators should be aiming for in their levels. But it's not the focus of MM's creative revolution.
    I do believe you hit the nail on the head with that statement.

I Got Electrical Logic fighterwindplus's Avatar
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 260
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    fighterwindplus

The only good thing about story mode is it gives you costumes. But no, i Would not buy it if it had just story mode. It's fun and all, but it's, as everyone says, short.
    If it were just create mode though, I still wouldn't buy it just because we still wouldn't get are great costumes! (PANDA) So LBP2 is as good as its going to get. (Story mode wise.)
    Newest Project I like to call Galactica!

Like-A-B0SS

does anyone relize just how many community levels are modeled after of has elements of the story mode?!

Please join my forum here.

I'd say the story mode is worth about half of what we paid for this game, if not a little less. Thing is, as small as this game's story is, it's a lot better than about 80% of all the other stories that exist in video games at the moment, or at least it's better-produced.
    http://lbp.me/v/y4n7x0

"A time where treachery knows no bounds, have you heard of it? If you have not, then I will tell you about it..."

The first in a series of levels that I am cocreating with other creators (such as robmacd94 and xxblindwolfxx). Anybody who is willing to assist us in the development of this, message me or either of those two!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2