BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 38
  1. #1

    Default The Quest of the Great Pyramid - SPOTLIGHTED - PICS -

    Hi everybody,

    I would like to present you my last level. It taken to me a lot of hours to finish him and i greatly appreciate to have some comments about it.

    LEVEL: The Quest of the Great Pyramid
    Creator: Takelow
    Location: near France

    Let's me introduce the level:
    Your Sackboy, a famous archaeologist, is about to found the Great Treasure of Egypt…
    But he understand that he will never cross the Grand Chamber of Statues without the Gods help. You must travel across Egypt to find the Gods temples and finally obtain the fabulous treasure of ancient Egypt!

    Some pics (sorry for the low quality):
















    Some Members Comments:

    Quote Originally Posted by OCK

    Let me just say this: your level is quite possibly THE MOST BEAUTIFUL LEVEL I HAVE PLAYED IN LBP (that includes MM levels)! ... I am not exagerating here guys, play the level to see what I am talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laekroth

    I have been to Egypt and seen many of its treasures, temples and ancient culture.You have succesfully managed to create a great LBP reflection of all that in 1 great level... All in all a great job and an excellent level design

    Quote Originally Posted by Whaaaaale

    ...I have never seen such detail put into a level before, I am serious. I was in total shock in some spots, and when I reached the sphinx my jaw dropped ... this level is absolutely amazing and pleasing to the eye...

    Please, take a look, enjoy (or not!) and comment
    Last edited by Takelow; 07-19-2009 at 07:41 PM.

  2. #2

    Default

    Aww, I'll check it out later tonight =]


    PSN: HERO489

    The legacy lives lives on...

  3. #3

    Default

    Salut Takelow!

    I can't play the entire weekend I'm affraid, but I will check your level next week!
    Published Levels: Machinima Jungle v1.4

  4. #4
    FFXIV addict... Takelow's Avatar
    Points: 37,356, Level: 59
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 494
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    Takelow
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    France
    Posts
    2,015
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Great!

    Can i adress you both a PSN Friend request ?

  5. #5

    Default

    Sure thing man =D


    PSN: HERO489

    The legacy lives lives on...

  6. #6

    Default

    Ofcourse
    Published Levels: Machinima Jungle v1.4

  7. #7

    Default

    Hi there, ca va? I had a chnace to play this about 15 minutes ago, here are my thoughts:

    I HAD TO RESTART THE LEVEL 4 TIMES and even after that I was unable to finish, allow me to elaborate. You do not seem to have any checkpoints (I am still trying to figure out why) and your elevator was designed in such a way that if you fall off it you are forced to restart the level because it is controlled by a manual 2-way switch (I fell off the first time and then the 2nd time I noticed a ledge half-way up which I wanted to explore thinking it might be a hidden area or contain prizes etc and it just lead to a wall). After I eventually made it up I got to the room with the two statues and, believe it or not, got squished by the ankh the female was holding causing me to respawn at the start point and guess what? That's right, the elevator was still at the top and I had to restart. So I restarted, got back into the room, tried pulling the the scarab and ankh around with the jetpack. It did not seem to have any effect. I went back to earlier parts of the level and nothing had chnaged at which point I gave up. Having said that I do have good things to say about this level as well as some suggestions.

    Pros:

    - Custom content galore! As a creator who is obsessed with making everything in thier levels custom I am alwasys pleased when I find another creator who does the same thing.

    - Visual impact. This level is BEAUTIFUL is every sense of the word. Check it out for yoursleves to see what I mean.

    - The lighting, wow. I am very impressed. The way you simulated the sun was brilliant and it is worth playing the level just to see that alone.

    Suggestions
    :

    - Checkpoints. Checkpoints. Checkpoints.

    - Change the configurement on the elevator or stick a checkpoint on it (although the latter option might force retry's which I personally find to be a major design flaw)

    - Add some more speech bubbles making it a bit more clear what needs to be done. You have those 3 speech bubbles at the beginning which made sense when I read them but did not seem to relate to what happened later.

    - GET RID OF THAT NEON PINK ARROW TO THE RIGHT OF THE PYRAMID lol. How can you make such a beautiful level and stick that ugly pink arrow in there. I personally think no arrow is necessary but a plain black one is a much better alternative.

    I would usually never go back and play a level after having attempted it 4 times but what you have here is so beautiful that I want to see more so let me know when changes are made and I will play again.
    I use Feedback4Feedback

    Published Levels: Pulse - 218 - The Legion - Out of Africa

    New Release: The Rose Garden

  8. Thanks!


  9. #8
    FFXIV addict... Takelow's Avatar
    Points: 37,356, Level: 59
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 494
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    Takelow
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    France
    Posts
    2,015
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Wow! This is a true usefull review! Thanks a lot. I'll try to answer point by point (as far as my english permit it to me).

    But before, i would like to explain the start of the level. You are in the pyramid, about to find the great tresor. But you can't pass because two statues, ANUBIS and HORUS, are inactive. The aim of the level is to activate these two statues, in order to climb on them and finally find the great treasure. In the room, it is say that you must enconter the Gods of Egypt to activate theirs statues. So you go out of the pyramid and very rapidly find an elevator (THE SAD elevator ) and the temple of Isis and Osiris. In the temple there is nothing special to do: If Gods talk to you (and the sound of applauds happens), it is done, go out of the temple and continue your travel.
    Isis and Osiris temple discovery allow access to a holly beetle aside the elevator. The Beetle ride you ihn the desert, where the level...start really.
    So OCK, if you don't see the Nile, the sphinx, the palace and the great treasure of Egypt, you miss the major part of the level



    Pros:

    - Custom content galore! As a creator who is obsessed with making everything in thier levels custom I am alwasys pleased when I find another creator who does the same thing.


    - Visual impact. This level is BEAUTIFUL is every sense of the word. Check it out for yoursleves to see what I mean.
    Thank you for this. I try as better i can to do beautiful things. But it take a lot of time and the thermometers become quickly hot!


    - The lighting, wow. I am very impressed. The way you simulated the sun was brilliant and it is worth playing the level just to see that alone.
    Thank you again.
    I learn a lot about light use with a previous level i made. It take place in total darkness and only spots of light give you the way. A concept level named "Way of Light".

    Suggestions:

    - Checkpoints. Checkpoints. Checkpoints.
    It is a point i don't understand. Actually, there is a lot of checkpoint in my level! However, i will retry it in play mode to verify that there is not a bug or something cause my thermometer is 100% full.

    - Change the configurement on the elevator or stick a checkpoint on it (although the latter option might force retry's which I personally find to be a major design flaw)
    I will do that. Thank you.

    - Add some more speech bubbles making it a bit more clear what needs to be done. You have those 3 speech bubbles at the beginning which made sense when I read them but did not seem to relate to what happened later.
    As i tell you, my level is full. I will try to add speech bubbles by modifying some stuffs.

    - GET RID OF THAT NEON PINK ARROW TO THE RIGHT OF THE PYRAMID lol. How can you make such a beautiful level and stick that ugly pink arrow in there. I personally think no arrow is necessary but a plain black one is a much better alternative.
    You absolutely right!
    Moreover, a sticker less, a bubble added!

    I would usually never go back and play a level after having attempted it 4 times but what you have here is so beautiful that I want to see more so let me know when changes are made and I will play again.
    I will tell you when all the updates were done.
    Thank you again a lot!

    PS EDIT: I made the update. I removed the elevator and added a jet-pack. There is now any problem to go in the first temple. I added a more understandable (i guess) bubble in the first temple. I also added two checkpoints in the section described. Finally, i removed the neon pink arrow.
    I think the level is improved and i guess that players will not be blocked anymore at the start of the level (a critical conditions to obtain more hearts, i think). It is something important, because when you spent a lot of time constructing a level, it is satisfying when people play it until the end.
    Thank you for all.
    Last edited by Takelow; 12-13-2008 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Updates of the level done

  10. #9

    Default

    OK so I played this again a couple of hours ago because of the changes you made and was hoping to finally see the rest of the level. Here are some more thoughts:

    Pros:

    - Let me just say this: your level is quite possibly THE MOST BEAUTIFUL LEVEL I HAVE PLAYED IN LBP (that includes MM levels)! I really do mean that. I was impressed when I first played the level and now that I got to see the rest of it all I can say is wow. I was simply astounded at the amount of custom content you put into this and the intricate details on all of your objects. The tornado was amazing, the sand dunes were perfectly done, the giant Sphinx-like statue was jaw-dropping. I am not exagerating here guys, play the level to see what I am talking about.

    - You had a lot of different gameplay elements going and my favorite part was crossing the nile on the boat, very cool.

    - The level has a good length to it and I kept wanting to see what beautiful things were around the next corner (or sand dune lol).

    Suggestions:

    - The part with the rolling logs COMPLETELY made me feel like I had left Egypt and flew to another part of the world. This section of the level did not fit your theme at all and I was very surprised that it was even in there. Don't get me wrong, I actually loved the construction of this area and the change of gameplay but it just did not match your whole Egyptian theme.

    - Another part that did not fit was near the end where you have those L-shaped pieces of red sponge. Again, it completely contrasted with your theme and stood out for all the wrong reasons. It could be that by this point you ran out of creative juice (and trust me I would understand that) but at the very least you could have used your sand dunes again from the earlier section of the level.

    - There is only one music track playing throughout which does work well but at times I felt like maybe I wanted a change, just a thought.

    - At certain points it is not clear where the player should be going. At one point there is multiple "elevators" and I completeley ignored one of them but it did not prevent me from completing the lvl (maybe a secret area?). You could add some speech bubbles at certain points to make it look like the Sackperson is "thinking" and direct the player that way (credit here to Gilgamesh who first gave me this idea).

    - I am pretty sure you are out of thermometer space but it would be nice if you could decorate your scoreboard

    5 stars and hearted. VERY IMPRESSIVE WORK!!! I also had a chance to check out the Color of Sound but could not finish, got stuck, (I will PM with details) but it is very clear from both these levels that you are a very artistic person and I am looking forward to your next project. Great job mon ami

    Btw, I have the 3rd place score
    Last edited by OCK; 12-13-2008 at 02:31 PM.
    I use Feedback4Feedback

    Published Levels: Pulse - 218 - The Legion - Out of Africa

    New Release: The Rose Garden

  11. Thanks!


  12. #10
    FFXIV addict... Takelow's Avatar
    Points: 37,356, Level: 59
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 494
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    Takelow
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    France
    Posts
    2,015
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    I’m really proud that my level could be highlighted by a second, so useful, of your reviews!
    I will try to answer point by point.

    Quote Originally Posted by ”OCK”
    Pros:

    - Let me just say this: your level is quite possibly THE MOST BEAUTIFUL LEVEL I HAVE PLAYED IN LBP (that includes MM levels)! I really do mean that. I was impressed when I first played the level and now that I got to see the rest of it all I can say is wow. I was simply astounded at the amount of custom content you put into this and the intricate details on all of your objects. The tornado was amazing, the sand dunes were perfectly done, the giant Sphinx-like statue was jaw-dropping. I am not exagerating here guys, play the level to see what I am talking about.

    - You had a lot of different gameplay elements going and my favorite part was crossing the nile on the boat, very cool.

    - The level has a good length to it and I kept wanting to see what beautiful things were around the next corner (or sand dune lol).
    You can’t imagine how I am HONOURED by what you say!!!
    I really spent a lot of time constructing this level: Egyptian Gods gave me true headaches, dunes take me hours to obtain the expected result… But the more difficult things to do was 1) to give a good visual aspect to some parts of the level while there is not a lot of element on screen (I frequently search efficiency in simplicity: the dunes, the Nile, the Sphinx) and 2) to control thermometer.


    Quote Originally Posted by ”OCK”
    Suggestions:

    - The part with the rolling logs COMPLETELY made me feel like I had left Egypt and flew to another part of the world. This section of the level did not fit your theme at all and I was very surprised that it was even in there. Don't get me wrong, I actually loved the construction of this area and the change of gameplay but it just did not match your whole Egyptian theme.
    I didn’t expected such a remark! In my mind, this part of the level fit the theme and is pure reference to the way Egyptian transported big rocks from rock careers to the place they need them to build their pyramids (and, in the present case, the sphinx).
    However, what I think, is probably not what the PLAYER think! So I take in account your suggestion and I will try to do what I can do to fit more with the Egyptian theme in this section.

    Quote Originally Posted by ”OCK”
    - Another part that did not fit was near the end where you have those L-shaped pieces of red sponge. Again, it completely contrasted with your theme and stood out for all the wrong reasons. It could be that by this point you ran out of creative juice (and trust me I would understand that) but at the very least you could have used your sand dunes again from the earlier section of the level.
    I agree. And you right, at this stage of the level, i completely ran out in creative juice. I did these L and thought to change this part later. I finally never changed it. Your suggestion using dunes is really interesting (actually, I asked myself why I didn’t do that initially!) and I will try to do an update for this.

    Quote Originally Posted by ”OCK”
    - There is only one music track playing throughout which does work well but at times I felt like maybe I wanted a change, just a thought.
    I asked myself a long time what to do with music during the level construction. I choose to start the level with the current music and I think it is really appropriate with the theme. However, considering the length of the level, I agree it could be a little boring at the end of the level. I will try to add another music if the thermometer let me do!

    Quote Originally Posted by ”OCK”
    You could add some speech bubbles at certain points to make it look like the Sackperson is "thinking" and direct the player that way (credit here to Gilgamesh who first gave me this idea).
    It’s a really good idea (thank to Gilgamesh!!). I will try to add such bubbles when the player have several ioption in their route.

    Quote Originally Posted by ”OCK”
    - I am pretty sure you are out of thermometer space but it would be nice if you could decorate your scoreboard
    You right. At least stickers could be better.

    Quote Originally Posted by ”OCK”
    5 stars and hearted. VERY IMPRESSIVE WORK!!!
    I repeat: I’m really honoured by your kind words!

    Quote Originally Posted by ”OCK”
    I also had a chance to check out the Color of Sound but could not finish, got stuck, (I will PM with details)
    Feel free to PM me. I will open a thread about “Colour of Sound” this week.

    BTW, do you have played “Attraction: wheel of Richness”, a short level of mine that i described in this thread:
    http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5921

    Quote Originally Posted by ”OCK”
    but it is very clear from both these levels that you are a very artistic person and I am looking forward to your next project. Great job mon ami
    Thank you again. Your two reviews were really useful, and it is really great to think people appreciate your work. Actually, I create to create (I LOVE create), but I’m really proud that people can take pleasure on my creation.
    My next project is a sort of Space Opera. But it is far to be finished and need a lot of work to be fully playable.

    Finally, I haven’t get the time to play LBP this weekend but i will have plenty of time this week and I’m impatient to test your level and comments them.

    I guess you understood my poor english…. et je te dis à très bientôt, mon ami


    PS EDIT: I made an update of the level taking in account remarks. I removed L-shaped pieces of red sponge at the end of the level and uses a dune. I cannot do big changes so i didn't modulate the rolling logs already. perhaps later when creativity will be here. I added a bubble before the second temple. In addition, i made minor corrections such as removing some visibles mechanisms...
    Last edited by Takelow; 12-19-2008 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Update

  13. #11

    Default

    Hey man. I just noticed that you did an update of the level so I will definitely be checking it out again later on today. The pics look great and should prompt more people to give your level a shot because it really deserves it. I will repeat here what I wrote in my very first post: this is quite possibly the most beautiful level I have played in LBP! I look forward to playing this again
    I use Feedback4Feedback

    Published Levels: Pulse - 218 - The Legion - Out of Africa

    New Release: The Rose Garden

  14. #12

    Default

    Hey Takelow!

    Yesterday I played your level and I was pleasantly surprised. I have been to Egypt and seen many of its treasures, temples and ancient culture. You have succesfully managed to create a great LBP reflection of all that in 1 great level. The statues were breathtakingly beautiful and well done. I really love the way you manage to put functional custom content in. Your objects are very detailed and it really reflects the large amount of work you must have put into it.

    A few minor things I found:
    - I wasn't always clear what to do. I thought I had to do something at the first statues, so spent alot of time jumping only to find out after a level restart that I just had to run back to the entrance There are 3 text balloons after each other and repeating the text will only pop the first text that doesn't explain what needs to be done. I know, I should have read it completely, but I doubleclicked and skipped it by accident.

    - The last jump of the final statue-part was a bit too tight imho. It could be my lack of jump-skills, but it can be quite frustrating.

    All in all a great job and an excellent level design. Hearted and 5 stars. Well done! Playing your other levels as well!
    Published Levels: Machinima Jungle v1.4

  15. Thanks!


  16. #13

  17. #14
    FFXIV addict... Takelow's Avatar
    Points: 37,356, Level: 59
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 494
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    Takelow
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    France
    Posts
    2,015
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Hi,

    Quote Originally Posted by Laekroth
    Yesterday I played your level and I was pleasantly surprised. I have been to Egypt and seen many of its treasures, temples and ancient culture. You have succesfully managed to create a great LBP reflection of all that in 1 great level. The statues were breathtakingly beautiful and well done. I really love the way you manage to put functional custom content in. Your objects are very detailed and it really reflects the large amount of work you must have put into it.
    Thank you very much. Such feedbacks are really significants since its come from so good creator as you (i loved your "Machinina Jungle" level so much!!)!

    Quote Originally Posted by Laekroth
    - I wasn't always clear what to do. I thought I had to do something at the first statues, so spent alot of time jumping only to find out after a level restart that I just had to run back to the entrance
    This is not the first time that such remark emerge from players. I will see what can i do to better indicate to the player what to do at this stage. Perhaps bubble are too much closer eachothers...

    Quote Originally Posted by Laekroth
    - The last jump of the final statue-part was a bit too tight imho. It could be my lack of jump-skills, but it can be quite frustrating.
    Yes, you right, i noticed that. I woulfd like to add platform between the two arms of the big statue. But unfortunately it didn't help because of the automatic changing of plan. I'm thinking abgout a way to fix this.

    Laekroth, i'm very pleased that you played and enjoyed my level and i thank you very much for your useful feedbacks.

    Quote Originally Posted by mrsupercomputer
    Will check this out next time I'm online for sure. It looks great!
    Thank you!
    Feel free to come back and to give me your feedbacks

  18. #15
    License to krill. Whalio Cappuccino's Avatar
    Points: 30,124, Level: 53
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 726
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    Whaale
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    5,250

    Default

    Hey Takelow, my good friend OCK told me to play this level, and I am glad I did. This level is beautiful, I have never seen such detail put into a level before, I am serious. I was in total shock in some spots, and when I reached the sphinx my jaw dropped. I am going to now write a few suggestions, most of the Pros. Have already been listed but I'll list them again just to share my thoughts.

    The Pros

    - Like I stated above, this level is absolutely amazing and pleasing to the eye, I especially liked the pyramids, The way you added two colors to the pyramid to make it have that shadowy feel, is great. The Yellow backround really added to the "desert" feel.

    - Everything in your level fit in well. The material, the puzzles/challenges. It was really great.

    - The rest of my compliments and such have already been stated so I'll get to the suggestions.

    The Suggestions

    - If possible, you might want to have it so the player has a sense of path, at some points I was totally dumbfounded and didn't know where to go. I knew I had to activate the statues but didn't know how and in what order to do it exactly.

    - The platforms that are attached to pistons that come up and down, if possible can you make them come a little lower, for the settings you have them set to, it is really difficult to get on them. If possible give them like a 1.5 pause so people have time to jump on them.

    - This also has to do with the platforms, I don't remember which pyramid exactly, but the camera angle was sooo bad that when I was on the top of the pyramid, I had no clue when the platform had reached the bottom and I was suppose to jump on it. I know you can easily find it, it's obviously on top of one of the pyramids, I believe it's the second one I'm not positive though.

    - I'm not sure if this was to bypass the faulty text moderation, but a lot of your words are mispelled, then again if it is to bypass the moderation, then just ignore this one.

    - One more thing, not as major but, you should decorate your scoreboard. Make it yellow perhaps? ( Don't really remember if it was your level tbh, one level I played didn't have a decorated scoreboard so sorry if it isn't yours. )

    Overall man, I really loved this level, such beauty and finnese. I'd have to say it is one of the best levels when it comes down to the polishness, and beauty. Everything has to do with Egypt and all that jazz. I can't wait for your next levels, because I know they will always be this pleasing, but better.

    5 Stars and Hearted ( Forgot to heart you yourself, but I'll do that tomorrow as it's pretty late right now, sorry xD )
    Last edited by Whaaaaale; 12-21-2008 at 09:17 AM.

  19. Thanks!


  20. #16

    Default

    This was a shockingly gorgeous level, but I got frustrated trying to get out of the pyramid itself. There was one jump I just could not make. I suppose my gameplay skills are in the bottom 10%, which is why I keep having problems with some levels! After some perseverance, I finally made it.

    Above ground, I ran into an odd issue where the tunnel next to the pyramid opens. The Columns in the tunnel kept squishing me! They're just the right size to make sackboy auto-jump-back-a-plane. And then he'd get squished. If you made them all too thin to step on, it would be OK.

    I finally got down to the second set of gods, but one of the speech bubbles had been censored, so I could not figure out what was next. I tried exploring, but ended up back at the start area. Once I was there, I found I could not jump out again =)

  21. Thanks!


  22. #17
    FFXIV addict... Takelow's Avatar
    Points: 37,356, Level: 59
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 494
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    Takelow
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    France
    Posts
    2,015
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whaaaaale
    Hey Takelow, my good friend OCK told me to play this level, and I am glad I did. This level is beautiful, I have never seen such detail put into a level before, I am serious. I was in total shock in some spots, and when I reached the sphinx my jaw dropped.
    Thank you very much whaale. I'm very happy you liked it


    Quote Originally Posted by Whaaaaale
    - Like I stated above, this level is absolutely amazing and pleasing to the eye, I especially liked the pyramids, The way you added two colors to the pyramid to make it have that shadowy feel, is great.
    Actually, i used four stickers for each pyramids: white, brown, and colored stickers that are "degraded" (sorry, i don't find the good word for these ones). I think the latter are very usefull to give volume feeling.

    Quote Originally Posted by Whaaaaale
    If possible, you might want to have it so the player has a sense of path, at some points I was totally dumbfounded and didn't know where to go. I knew I had to activate the statues but didn't know how and in what order to do it exactly.
    You are not the only one that said that to me. I made some updates. When you go outside of the pyramid and enter the temple, it is now impossible to come back in the pyramid unless playing the entire level.

    Quote Originally Posted by Whaaaaale
    The platforms that are attached to pistons that come up and down, if possible can you make them come a little lower, for the settings you have them set to, it is really difficult to get on them. If possible give them like a 1.5 pause so people have time to jump on them.
    I replayed the level and i must admit your perfectly right! I didn't make any changes for this, but i will do for the next update. Thank you again.

    Quote Originally Posted by Whaaaaale
    - This also has to do with the platforms, I don't remember which pyramid exactly, but the camera angle was sooo bad that when I was on the top of the pyramid, I had no clue when the platform had reached the bottom and I was suppose to jump on it. I know you can easily find it, it's obviously on top of one of the pyramids, I believe it's the second one I'm not positive though.
    Coulkd you be a little be more precise here because i don't see at all what part of the level you talking about. Actually there is only one real pyramid (i don't count the background ones), at the start of the level. You came in a second time at the end of the level (the level is cyclic: you start and finish at the same place). However you will find three temples of God.
    Nevertheless, i will take a look at the level with this in mind...

    Quote Originally Posted by Whaaaaale
    I'm not sure if this was to bypass the faulty text moderation, but a lot of your words are mispelled, then again if it is to bypass the moderation, then just ignore this one.
    We ever talked about that. But i repeat for other readers: I'm french and unfortunately, my english is not so good. So, sorry for my mispelled word and my bad grammar.

    Quote Originally Posted by Whaaaaale
    - One more thing, not as major but, you should decorate your scoreboard. Make it yellow perhaps? ( Don't really remember if it was your level tbh, one level I played didn't have a decorated scoreboard so sorry if it isn't yours.
    OCK tell me exactly the same thing. I tried to do it but was not satisfy. Actually, the scorboard is in the same colors of the pyramid stones and i thought it was quite ok. I will try to ameliorate this for the next update

    Quote Originally Posted by Whaaaaale
    5 Stars and Hearted
    Thank you. I'm honoured

    Quote Originally Posted by Trystian
    I got frustrated trying to get out of the pyramid itself. There was one jump I just could not make. I suppose my gameplay skills are in the bottom 10%, which is why I keep having problems with some levels! After some perseverance, I finally made it.
    You mean the second jump on the black platforms of the pyramid? I'm really surprised because i never had such a remarks. However, i still made an update for this and added a platform. It now must be very easy to go out of the pyramid


    Quote Originally Posted by Trystian"
    I tried exploring, but ended up back at the start area. Once I was there, I found I could not jump out again =)
    You cannot come back in the pyramid once you meet ISIS and OSIRIS anymore (until last update). When you meet them, you must go down (where is the jet-pack) and simply GO LEFT (and not right) and take the beetle. The entiere level is the following parts: you only saw the introductive part of my level
    Thank you Trystian for your feedbacks and i hope you will give a second chance to my level in order to reach its scoreboard

  23. #18

    Default

    Takelow, all the constructive stuff has been covered by the posters before me. I do hope that you can get those gameplay elements fixed because this level is GORGEOUS!! Absolutely one of the best looking levels to date. Let me say it again GORGEOUS!! I was lost and didn't know what to do but I didn't care because it looked so good. Make the gameplay flow like the Nile and I guarantee this will be a hit. If you want my opinion...lock it up and put every ounce of your energy into making it a cohesive experience. Seriously, its that good looking.

  24. #19
    FFXIV addict... Takelow's Avatar
    Points: 37,356, Level: 59
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 494
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    Takelow
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    France
    Posts
    2,015
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Hi Jayden,

    First of all, thank you a lot for playing my level and to comment it here!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jayden
    Takelow, all the constructive stuff has been covered by the posters before me. I do hope that you can get those gameplay elements fixed...
    I didn't find the time to fix the last elements suggested in the thread. But i will definitely updates this level with a global update taking in account all the suggests i had so far. I will edit the thread when it will be done.

    because this level is GORGEOUS!! Absolutely one of the best looking levels to date. Let me say it again GORGEOUS!! I was lost and didn't know what to do but I didn't care because it looked so good. Make the gameplay flow like the Nile and I guarantee this will be a hit.
    Thank you a lot for your kind words.

    If you want my opinion...lock it up and put every ounce of your energy into making it a cohesive experience. Seriously, its that good looking.
    I think it is a little bit to late to lock-in now.
    But as i told you, i will work harder on the level to update it and certainly re-published it in a definitive form.
    Thank you again for your help

  25. #20

    Default

    Hi TaKe,
    One more time, you contradict the proverb: The perfection of art is to conceal art.
    I love this level for the clean side and the richness of scenery.
    Each part of the scenario is prepared with care and finesse. The design of each element is carefully and the story is funny.The only thing I will do is related to the structure of the scenario that I find too smooth. Finally, it's more interesting to test the levels of a creator in disorder because you can follow the evolution of the ideas. If i say that, it's in reference to your "Space Opera" that is for me your best level design. We found a similar precaution in customization and lighting but the structure of the script is more expanded by action and twists.

    You are like good wine TaKeLoW, you improves with time !!!

    ZaNy

  26. Thanks!


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •