BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22
  1. #1

    Default Anyone got "Aces in Spades"?

    Any level of aces in spades. 6, 10, 14, whatever. Just wanted to know, maybe also some tips on how to maintain a streak of aces. I keep trying to get 14, but I die on my ninth to eleventh level.

  2. #2

    Default

    Abuse the profile back-up feature to preserve your ace streak.


  3. Thanks!


  4. #3

    Default

    I hear there's an exploit where you can back-up your profile, say, after you've beaten your 7th level, then, if you happen to die on your 8th level, just load the back-up and the game will think you haven't died and that you've aced 7 levels.

    Bit of an unfair way to get the trophy though.

  5. Thanks!


  6. #4
    Wish you were here gdn001's Avatar
    Points: 26,313, Level: 49
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 237
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points
    PSN
    gdn001
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    SC - Brazil
    Posts
    3,697
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    I got the 10 streak without cheating, the trophy is on my old account. Bit of advice:
    - Avoid versus, movie, survival and race levels. Only the levels with big badges count.
    - Start with the harder levels and finish with the easier ones. It helps to make a "queue" before going for the trophy. I ended my streak with the introduction level.

    Avi drawing by DarkieSoul. Sig drawing by TheZimInvader. Sig helicopter by McDonnell Douglas.

    Programmer's Diary


  7. #5

    Default

    I know I have some level of it and I got it no problem.
    [Generic Signature]

  8. #6
    StaticLinuxpro StaticLinuxpro's Avatar
    Points: 6,619, Level: 24
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 431
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 30 days registered Created Blog entry
    PSN
    StaticLinuxpro
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    424
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    I got to 18, but cheated for it! I used overlord to fly to the end, because I was so frustrated at not being able to get it easily. :x

  9. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by warlord_evil View Post

    Bit of an unfair way to get the trophy though.
    Not " a bit of a unfair way " if it's an exploit.

  10. #8

    Default

    Is 14 the limit? Or is there more? I only got up to ten. Nyaaaah.

  11. #9
    Given up hope on LBP FEAR's Avatar
    Points: 7,424, Level: 25
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 126
    Overall activity: 0%

    PSN
    Devilish_Fear
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Secretly fighting your soul and trying to steal your body....
    Posts
    337
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    I got all the way to the 18th level before I died without using the profile backup plan.
    Signature by piggabling.

    THIS PART OF MY SIGNATURE IS STILL IN PROGRESS! DON'T YOU DARE CLICK THIS!
    Go to www.phobialist.com and find your fear(s) today!!!

  12. #10
    Sack Tecnoguy1's Avatar
    Points: 2,889, Level: 15
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 161
    Overall activity: 0%

    PSN
    Tecnoboy1
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The 1980's. With the Talking Heads.
    Posts
    204
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Play the first few da vinci levels, and some factory of a better tomorrow ones with the first avalon level.

  13. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rabid-Coot View Post
    Abuse the profile back-up feature to preserve your ace streak.
    A way other than that.

  14. #12

  15. #13

    Default

    I have the Ace of Spades trophy myself. The profile back-up thing works wonders....
    "Little furry animal beats big green monster. Sort of sounds like a fairy tale that's had too much to drink." -Rocket Raccoon

    A big thank you to EBJak for the avatar.

  16. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
    I have the Ace of Spades trophy myself. The profile back-up thing works wonders....
    Nice. I got it too . But, without the glitch. All I need is 14...but I die so close to victory. Why? Why must this happen to meeee?

  17. #15

    Default

    I never used any exploit and got the Aces in Spades trophy while trying to obtain all the items. It popped up right after I finished the second world. I guess I'm just awesome.

  18. #16

    Default

    Honestly, I could care less about getting trophies in LBP2, or any game of that manner.

  19. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zzmorg82 View Post
    Honestly, I could care less about getting trophies in LBP2, or any game of that manner.
    It's a pin.
    Y U COME HERE DEN?

  20. #18

    Default

    I respect zzmorg82's choice. Personally trophies are ruining this generation of games, but I'm also obsessive about completion. This has resulted in me wanting to play a lot of games (and willing to buy them)... but when I realize the trophies will be a pain I never even start the game. I don't WANT to care, but I can't help it. I care a lot.

    This is LBPCentral though, not PS3Trophies.org, so there's no reason to bug out on someone for not caring about trophies.

    Some of the pins are notoriously difficult. Come on, 5,000 hearts for a level? I'd have to spend, like 30 minutes creating an H4H Bomb Justin Bieber Save LBP Free Costumes Glitch copy to even hope for that. Heh heh heh. Seriously though, again, I totally appreciate not wanting to obsessively collect these things. They're not the game, they're achievements for the metagame. Which some will argue is a very, very bad motivator and the reason the Cool Pages is as cancerous as it is.

  21. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arbiekko View Post
    I respect zzmorg82's choice. Personally trophies are ruining this generation of games, but I'm also obsessive about completion. This has resulted in me wanting to play a lot of games (and willing to buy them)... but when I realize the trophies will be a pain I never even start the game. I don't WANT to care, but I can't help it. I care a lot.

    This is LBPCentral though, not PS3Trophies.org, so there's no reason to bug out on someone for not caring about trophies.

    Some of the pins are notoriously difficult. Come on, 5,000 hearts for a level? I'd have to spend, like 30 minutes creating an H4H Bomb Justin Bieber Save LBP Free Costumes Glitch copy to even hope for that. Heh heh heh. Seriously though, again, I totally appreciate not wanting to obsessively collect these things. They're not the game, they're achievements for the metagame. Which some will argue is a very, very bad motivator and the reason the Cool Pages is as cancerous as it is.
    The question was:
    Does anyone have aces in spades?
    I'm not asking if anyone needs it or wants it. Not to be rude, but if you don't care about it, you don't necessarily need to post here. I completely respect your view, though. I'm not an obsessive hoarder of digital rewards that don't really benefit anything. Not that I pay no attention to them whatsoever. They're just fun to try and achieve in my opinion. Especially "Aces in Spades". It's a nice challenge.
    I didn't bug out on my friend, either. Just fooling around. .

  22. #20

    Default

    I got it yesterday the easiest levels for me were:

    Rookie Test
    Grab and Swing
    Gripple Grapple
    Final Test

    Runaway Train
    Brainy Cakes

    Fowl Play

    Avalon's Advanced Armaments Academy
    Got The Hump

    Up And At 'Em

    And by the way on the end of each level make a backup!!!
    Last edited by Skuldpt; 07-26-2011 at 12:27 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •