BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default The Mobile Suit Armorboy series (Part 1 released)

After the Azure Palace, I had to do something a little more technical...

This set of levels will encompass a 5 part ongoing series based around platforming/sidescrolling shooting mecha action. It's your job to pass the Armorboy training at Facility 6 and become one of the elite Armorboy pilots, but don't think it will be an easy feat.

Key points of the Armorboy Series:
    - It's hard, so bring your best shot forward
    - Because it's hard as nails, the stages offer infinite checkpoints so you can die as much as you want without worrying about reaching game over
    - There is a mix of both platforming and fast mecha based gameplay
    - A conglomeration of my favorite mecha clichés
    - Mecha, mecha, and more mecha =P

The five part series will include the following stages:

Part 1: This is Training? (released)

- located in California
    - over one month in development
    - Begin your training as an Armorboy pilot by heading to Facility 6 and showing the headmaster "Flaming Meteor" what you're made of. Blow a lot of stuff up while you're at it too. =P

- Pushes players to adopt different ways of traversing levels, such as the Ceiling Hop
    - Puzzles to keep you on your toes
    - Death Rays
    - infinite checkpoints (which are not in the death ray section due to their limitations)
    - win an Armorboy by simply passing the stage and find another special prize through a repeat playthrough!

Youtubes:

Part 1 of 2
    [Watch YouTube Video]
    Part 2 of 2
    [Watch YouTube Video]

Part 2: Seven is NOT Lucky (not released)
    Part 3: Unforgiving Phantasy (not released)
    (LittleBigPhantasy Remake... w/ mecha)
    Part 4: Sacrifices (not released)
    Part 5: The Final Mission (not released)

Thank you to everyone who helped me beta test the stage and get it to where it is now. It's been a long time coming, but I'm thankful for their support. The Armorboys themselves took about 3 weeks of on and off work to balance and get them the way they are now. It was pretty hard getting everything to work the way it does, but I think I found a good middle ground for it all.

Also, don't let the difficulty bring you down as it's meant to be like basic training. =P Just be accurate with your skills and you'll be an Armorboy pilot in no time! Hope y'all enjoy it!
    Last edited by gevurah22; 12-17-2008 at 07:20 PM.
    2011 Guinness World Record Holder for LBP2

Newest Level: The Gundam Wing Project *Spotlighted*

Award Winning Levels
    2009 Sackie Nominee: The Azure Palace | 2009 Sackie Winner: LittleBigContra Stage 8: Alien's Lair | LBP GOTY Featured Level: The Steampunk Samurai | 2010 DML Competition Best in Class: Artistic - Stem Cell Sackboy Series | The Fist of Craft Earth *Mm Picked*

I remember playing the beta and it was awesome! I'll make sure to give this finished version a shot next time I play.

Nope! It's Chuck Testa Gilgamesh's Avatar
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,387
    Overall activity: 0%
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    Jirugameshi
    Blog Entries

Wow, you work fast! I need to get cracking on my own mecha project in overdrive if I wanna keep up with you

Looks great though, I'm going to have to give it a go and try to break things again

Midnight Revenge

SackMech II
    Training

SackMech I
    Trailer | Mission 0 | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

Looks very good, I very much enjoyed azure palace so Im sure I will enjoy this. By the way are you a 3d artist by any chance? I get that vibe fro you..

This is awsome.
    I did the 0.7 Beta, so I'll try the finished one.
    I have a bleak idea of how to remake the me-
    *Brick'd*
    Bystander: Don't tell them.

Oooooh, looks cool. Can't wait to try it out.
    Hey guys, my new level is out, let me know what you think!
    Firefight Vs.

Spotlighted Levels LBP
    Timmy's Dream
    Heart of Gold
    Survival Challenge Album
    Dodgitron
    Asteroid Attack
    Bomb Boyage

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgamesh View Post
    Wow, you work fast! I need to get cracking on my own mecha project in overdrive if I wanna keep up with you

Looks great though, I'm going to have to give it a go and try to break things again
    Go for it man. Lemme know what you find.

Quote Originally Posted by Vsions View Post
    Looks very good, I very much enjoyed azure palace so Im sure I will enjoy this. By the way are you a 3d artist by any chance? I get that vibe fro you..
    Um, nope. FAR from it good sir. I'm more of a drawer but I can't draw mecha for the life of me.

Quote Originally Posted by neonrage0
    This is awsome.
    I did the 0.7 Beta, so I'll try the finished one.
    I have a bleak idea of how to remake the me-
    *Brick'd*
    Bystander: Don't tell them.
    LOL. If anything, it isn't hard to make one on paper. It's the fine tuning that takes forever. Like I said, it took around 3 weeks to get it right. And even then, I tweaked it so many times more during level building process. I'm going to even do it more for the next one.

Award Winning Levels
    2009 Sackie Nominee: The Azure Palace | 2009 Sackie Winner: LittleBigContra Stage 8: Alien's Lair | LBP GOTY Featured Level: The Steampunk Samurai | 2010 DML Competition Best in Class: Artistic - Stem Cell Sackboy Series | The Fist of Craft Earth *Mm Picked*

Very well put together. I'll do a mini sort of review as there's a few things i gotta say.

First off, I don't think this level is possible (EDIT: I meant impossible lol) to ace LOL!
    But seriously, it's hard! And i came across a fair few bugs in my time playing.
    I'll start a small list:
    - When you die in your current mech and you get a new one, you should set the emitter so only 2 can be in the stage at one time. I found my old mechs lying all about the place! Which were pretty hazardous. (on my second playthrough it appears this doesn't happen - so nevermind i suppose lol)
    - TV just doesn't work for me. Just a load of glitchy blurs, but the text was good enough.
    - In terms of the emitter for the gun on the mech... couldn't you set it for a promixmity thing with enemies? Not the area? So then the armour boy would stop firing when the enemy is dead. Would look a bit tidier.
    - When going left to the hanger to get a new mech for the fight... when you drop down after the corridor... if you fall off of the right of the platform you land on... you can't get back up. I found that out the hard way

Apart from that, i think this is the best level currently online. Fantastic attention to detail, great atmosphere, and very enjoyable. The only part i don't like at the beginning with the moving platforms and ice. That just annoys me.
    5 star and hearted, and hearted you as a creator.

Very kewl,cant wait to give it a try.Looks awesome.
    To go to and To go Fro.Which way I don't know.
    But when I get there will see you and will I be blue?

Quote Originally Posted by donkey show View Post
    Go for it man. Lemme know what you find.

Um, nope. FAR from it good sir. I'm more of a drawer but I can't draw mecha for the life of me.

LOL. If anything, it isn't hard to make one on paper. It's the fine tuning that takes forever. Like I said, it took around 3 weeks to get it right. And even then, I tweaked it so many times more during level building process. I'm going to even do it more for the next one.
    figured I would ask, you have a good design sense do you do art for a living?
    Also not sure if you have already but you should give a couple of my levels a try. judging from your interests in mecha, I think you would enjoy them. Check my videos out I think you could appreciate some of my work.

Quote Originally Posted by ryryryan View Post
    Very well put together. I'll do a mini sort of review as there's a few things i gotta say.

First off, I don't think this level is possible (EDIT: I meant impossible lol) to ace LOL!
    But seriously, it's hard! And i came across a fair few bugs in my time playing.
    I'll start a small list:
    - When you die in your current mech and you get a new one, you should set the emitter so only 2 can be in the stage at one time. I found my old mechs lying all about the place! Which were pretty hazardous. (on my second playthrough it appears this doesn't happen - so nevermind i suppose lol)
    This only happens when you damage your mecha in any way. If it isn't intact, like if the legs blew off, then it won't disappear when getting a new one. It's a weird glitch, but I'm only set to the limitations of the engine.

Also, the emitter is set to 1. =P
    - TV just doesn't work for me. Just a load of glitchy blurs, but the text was good enough.
    It's supposed to give off a flickering look so that's intended. You should at least be able to see the images though.

- In terms of the emitter for the gun on the mech... couldn't you set it for a promixmity thing with enemies? Not the area? So then the armour boy would stop firing when the enemy is dead. Would look a bit tidier.
    This is the issue with having a number of enemies in close quarters. They all will dissipate their keys once their dead so that the Armorboy does not fire again, but since in that particular section there are enemies both above and below, they sometimes get caught in the circular radius of the magnetic key. Again, I'm only restricted to the limitations of the engine.

If I could have made that area bigger, it wouldn't have been a problem but at that point, I had to do some thermometer management to shove it in.

- When going left to the hanger to get a new mech for the fight... when you drop down after the corridor... if you fall off of the right of the platform you land on... you can't get back up. I found that out the hard way
    I'm kinda having a hard time understanding what you mean since that section was meant for you to just drop and continue on left. Could you explain it a bit more?

Apart from that, i think this is the best level currently online. Fantastic attention to detail, great atmosphere, and very enjoyable. The only part i don't like at the beginning with the moving platforms and ice. That just annoys me.
    5 star and hearted, and hearted you as a creator.
    LOL, it's all about the moving platforms. =P

Anyway, thanks a lot man. I'm really glad you enjoyed it regardless of the difficulty. Also, did you ever find the secret area in the first part of the stage? If you use the switch trigger you get in your first playthrough, you'll get something neat, which will help towards the bigger "all items" prize.

figured I would ask, you have a good design sense do you do art for a living?
    Also not sure if you have already but you should give a couple of my levels a try. judging from your interests in mecha, I think you would enjoy them. Check my videos out I think you could appreciate some of my work.
    I work as a hospital supervisor but I enjoy art. As for checking out your stages, what's their names?
    Last edited by gevurah22; 12-17-2008 at 08:44 PM.

Award Winning Levels

I work as a hospital supervisor but I enjoy art. As for checking out your stages, what's their names?
    Cool, well you definitely have creative talent. As for my levels, the ones I think you would likely enjoy are called Tank Racing (Canyon Hoppers) and Spy Ops: The Sabotage. My user name is Vsions which will make it easier to find my stuff by searching by name. I also think you would enjoy horde mode 1, if you can survive it. There is a massive walking robot boss

Woo, I played the beta of this the other day and LOVED it... Though you weren't kidding when you said it was rather difficult :P

Look forward to playing this first real part next time I get on LBP!

This only happens when you damage your mecha in any way. If it isn't intact, like if the legs blew off, then it won't disappear when getting a new one. It's a weird glitch, but I'm only set to the limitations of the engine.

Also, the emitter is set to 1. =P

It's supposed to give off a flickering look so that's intended. You should at least be able to see the images though.
    Ah fair enough. Makes sense

About the TV - nothing but blur shows up for me, even if i flick the switch either way. It shows the glitchy blur, that's been commonly found.

I'm kinda having a hard time understanding what you mean since that section was meant for you to just drop and continue on left. Could you explain it a bit more?
    Sure. When you've gone through the first mecha area, you have to then run through a corridor with firing gaurds. When you do this, then jump out of this corridor, you land on a metal platform, raised higher from the ground. Sorta like:
    ....__________*
    __/................\__
    ignore the dots lol.

But yeah, where i put the star... my first time i accidentally jumped off this ledge. I then couldn't get back on so i had to kill myself! It's only a small thing, but thought i better mention it.

Also, did you ever find the secret area in the first part of the stage? If you use the switch trigger you get in your first playthrough, you'll get something neat, which will help towards the bigger "all items" prize.
    Just did in a playthrough - thanks! Though i'm having trouble finding one more item. I found the one in the rocks...

And NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I SO nearly aced your level! I died once on the final boss! Gutted Got 3rd place though. Your first will be tricky to beat D:

Also, while retrying i managed to glitch the level :P When you get into the lift that falls - i jumped into there and then jumped passed to the next corridor. Then ran back, and then the lift fell when i was on the left side of the corridor. I jumped down and ended up at the first boss fight, that didn't move LOL. I then restarted it.

I've played the beta, can't wait to play the real thing, I'm blown away sometimes by the creativity behind some of the concepts and creations, it's one of the things that makes LBP so great.

dear lord your levels are great lol, i gave all of them including this one a five star, there rarely are levels i see where i think it looks like the developers made them, but you did. lol and yeah i played ur completed level, awesome work, can't wait for part 2

Sure. When you've gone through the first mecha area, you have to then run through a corridor with firing gaurds. When you do this, then jump out of this corridor, you land on a metal platform, raised higher from the ground. Sorta like:
    ....__________*
    __/................\__
    ignore the dots lol.

But yeah, where i put the star... my first time i accidentally jumped off this ledge. I then couldn't get back on so i had to kill myself! It's only a small thing, but thought i better mention it.
    I'm fixing that right now.

Just did in a playthrough - thanks! Though i'm having trouble finding one more item. I found the one in the rocks...
    Hint: It's in on-foot section with all the random trap rooms. Good luck finding it. =P
    Also, while retrying i managed to glitch the level :P When you get into the lift that falls - i jumped into there and then jumped passed to the next corridor. Then ran back, and then the lift fell when i was on the left side of the corridor. I jumped down and ended up at the first boss fight, that didn't move LOL. I then restarted it.
    That section has done nothing but plague me with issues. I think I have an idea to completely fix it, but I'm afraid the rest of my stage is going to break because of it. I'll try it out in a bit and see if I'm successful.

Also, thanks to everyone who's liked it so far. ^^

Award Winning Levels

No - thank you While i thought highly of your previous stuff, it wasn't my favourite. But if you keep this quality up (and i'm sure you will) these levels will be my fave LBP levels... ever By the way... the troubles with the lift you're having... it only happened cause i tried to get across. Otherwise, i wouldn't worry about it too much.

No - thank you While i thought highly of your previous stuff, it wasn't my favourite. But if you keep this quality up (and i'm sure you will) these levels will be my fave LBP levels... ever By the way... the troubles with the lift you're having... it only happened cause i tried to get across. Otherwise, i wouldn't worry about it too much.
    LOL, no problem man. Glad you liked it regardless. Also, I fixed the lift section.

Award Winning Levels

greatest.........level.........ever. way better than azure palace, which is also a great

btw, do you sit at work and draw stuff for this game in mind?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast