BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ArabesQue

RoombelinaUK

Default ArabesQue

Hey guys I've been working on a level called ArabesQue since June 2010. I started creating it in LBP but stopped when I heard LBP2 was coming out. It's not really long (so far, I'm 50% done with it) and neither does it have insanely innovative gameplay ideas. I, after weeks of adding details to the levels, think it's safe to say that the visuals and the atmospheres are very impressive. The story is very interesting too - not comical or quirky like most LBP stories are. It's not a multiplayer level at all and it's design is a bit different than most levels. One thing I hate, though, is how long it's taking me. Picking the right atmosphere and architectural style is never an easy task. It could take days, even weeks, for me to come up with a suitable design. Using that design over and over again is much easier, but I prefer variety. I have about 5 levels published so far, each with a different environment (locked) and don't expect it to come out anytime soon - I plan on having 10 level links by the time it's complete. Here are a couple of old snaps, both of which (the environments, not the photos lol) have been edited several times:

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 140
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points Created Blog entry 30 days registered
    PSN
    majormel84
    Blog Entries

looks very different kinda like a video game that isnt lbp
    A epic rpg that will blow your mind .
    with absurd comedy, of course!
    http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/sho...nd-other-stuff

3. Thanks!

Uh oh, another better-looking arabian themed level, I'd better get mine out fast!

5. Thanks!

10 level links?! That's a lot, I hope you mean ten levels links in a hub sort of way that links to your different levels. Not 10 level links for the current ArabesQue level you're doing. As 10 of them would push my patience a bit with a level being that long

Looks like you have a very good atmosphere created with your theme.

This level is unbelievable. When Roombe Finally releases this it will show talent beyond all level, She really has created a beautiful visual experience and the storyline is just plain fantastic. I for one have been extremely lucky to play this level, and let me tell you, you will be blown away by the visuals and a fun gameplay mechanics. Cant wait till this is released, keep up the good work roombe
    Divine Nature *Spotlighted!* ----------- Stitched Orange 3 (Work In Progress)

8. Thanks!

RoombelinaUK

Quote Originally Posted by Tawarf View Post
    This level is unbelievable. When Roombe Finally releases this it will show talent beyond all level, She really has created a beautiful visual experience and the storyline is just plain fantastic. I for one have been extremely lucky to play this level, and let me tell you, you will be blown away by the visuals and a fun gameplay mechanics. Cant wait till this is released, keep up the good work roombe
    Aww, thanks taw I actually hope I do release it... lol
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleBigDes View Post
    10 level links?! That's a lot, I hope you mean ten levels links in a hub sort of way that links to your different levels. Not 10 level links for the current ArabesQue level you're doing. As 10 of them would push my patience a bit with a level being that long

Looks like you have a very good atmosphere created with your theme.
    It's 10 level links, sweetheart Each level link isn't quite as long as you'd expect because of the overwhelming amount of detail.

Quote Originally Posted by RoombelinaUK View Post
    Aww, thanks taw I actually hope I do release it... lol.
    My Pleasure really... I do really hope this level gets the recognition it deserves.

11. Thanks!

RoombelinaUK

Thanks... So do I I'm working much faster than ever before now.... I'm actually thinking of splitting it in 2 parts. The first is like... 90% done. I just have some polishing to do and that's it.

I think thats a pretty good decision. The first level is starting to get quite long too. :P

RoombelinaUK

Quote Originally Posted by Tawarf View Post
    I think thats a pretty good decision. The first level is starting to get quite long too. :P
    ha, really? That's good to know... I guess I'll be getting that Mm pick sooner than I thought

Okay, I may be missing something or just being plain stupid but are you the same creator who made the MM picked, "Arabesk"?

All that time, and it already looks like perfection. Such good signs I see.
    "Expect the Unexpected!"
    Roneranger- Genius Extraordinaire

17. Thanks!

RoombelinaUK

Quote Originally Posted by Julianotis1 View Post
    Okay, I may be missing something or just being plain stupid but are you the same creator who made the MM picked, "Arabesk"?
    Oh haha no, dajdaj03 is a completely different creator... my username here is the same one on PSN. The name confusion is definitely a coincidence, I messaged dajdaj myself. Now to mention our styles are completely different. Mine's more story and visual-driven.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roneranger View Post
    All that time, and it already looks like perfection. Such good signs I see.
    Thank you I guess all that work really paid off... The level itself is much more varied than those images would suggest... each level link introduces a noticeably different environment and architectural style.

You should release a LBP version too, not just LBP 2, because not everyone has the sequel yet. *hint hint*
    "Expect the Unexpected!"
    Roneranger- Genius Extraordinaire

RoombelinaUK

Quote Originally Posted by Roneranger View Post
    You should release a LBP version too, not just LBP 2, because not everyone has the sequel yet. *hint hint*
    lol Trust me, LBP wouldn't handle ArabesQue's visuals xD Besides, I'm too lazy for that... unless you people want to wait another year ;D

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 751
    Overall activity: 93.0%
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    Stellakris

I don't want to sound the wrong way but for a short moment I mistook this thread for being about the Mm Picked level Arabesk by Dajdaj03. Since that one is pretty famous now, similar in name and theme, you may wanna ponder a bit about where to take your level in order to not raise confusion.

The visuals look great, by the way. Don't let my reply discourage you.

EDIT: I missed your reply. It looks like you have thought this over. Dismiss my comments.

22. Thanks!

This looks like it will truly come out astonishing. Even though I've only seen the two pictures you've posted in the O.P., they're both very beautiful, and that second picture really captures the feel of the inside nicely. Good luck on this project, it looks very nice indeed, and I'll have to keep my eye on it every once and a while. By the way, if you ever need one more person to help test your levels, I'd be most willing to.

24. Thanks!

RoombelinaUK

Thanks for the lovely comments, everyone. I've published chapter 1 and it's already getting great reviews Be sure to check this out.

Loved
    it
    LBPV Escape from Sackanamo bay Queue HERE (Feb2013)
    LBP2 Titanium City: The High Life Queue HERE (Feb2014)
    LBP3 Holloway Manor Queue HERE (Jun2016) NEW!

27. Thanks!

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 954
    Overall activity: 14.0%

PSN
    julesyjules

I really enjoyed it, it's rare to have a level to wallow in for that amount of time. Lighting, visuals and mini cutscenes looked just great (I thought you might have overdone it a tad on the amount of 'trigger something' cutscenes - were they skippable too? if so, ignore that), and if you're still tweaking, I'd make the cameras a little more fluid on the vertical 'open the cage' platforming section, they were a little over-jerky at a couple of the mid-points. A really well done puzzle was a good change of pace, it took me about 5 minutes to work it out, and I like puzzles that actually puzzle me for a bit. The camel was very memorable, a nice touch of storytelling there, and I already mentioned Leklack in my ingame comment, but she did the intro dialogue proud. Thanks!

29. Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast