BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
  1. #1

    Default BattleSnake 3000 [1 - 2 Player]

    http://lbp.me/v/64yqfk

    Here it is. The moment you've all been waiting for! My newest level hot off the press! Ladies and gentlemen, I give you...

    BattleSnake 3000



    BattleSnake 3000 is an arcade game which is basically a hybrid of the classic arcade game, Snake, and Tron Lightcycle racing. It features:

    • Single Player Classic Mode



      Play a game of classic Snake. Collect berries to make your Snake grow, whilst being careful not to collide with yourself. You only have 1 life..... use it wisely!

    • 2 Player Battle Mode



      This is where the meat of the game lies. You have 3 lives. You have power-ups. You have berries...... what more could you possibly want in a game mode??? Full instructions are available in-game. Speaking of which......

    • A Handy Tutorial



      Feeling a little lost? Have no idea what to do? Don't fear, this handy tutorial will guide you, giving you details of each game mode, and detailing each of the 6 available power-ups.

    • Track Selection



      No LBP arcade game/remake/thingybob is complete without a track selection. Featuring some of your favourite LBP 2 artists, as well as a couple of tracks by myself (which are given as a prize). Track number 6 is a particular favourite of mine, and I hope it will be a particular favourite of yours for decades to come.



    A good connection is recommended for 2P mode, though it's not essential.

    Of course, given that this is F4F thread, feedback will be very much appreciated and will be given back in kind. My internet connection isn't fantastic, so it's much easier for me to give F4F on single player levels, though multiplayer level creators shouldn't be discouraged.
    Last edited by Ali_Star; 10-16-2011 at 06:01 PM.

  2. #2
    Artist / Creator JustinArt's Avatar
    Points: 31,440, Level: 54
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 510
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    JustinArt
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    1,313
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Thanks for a feedback of Cybernetic Adventures Sigma. This fun game reminds me of one of the games I played a long time ago.

    VISUALS:
    The retro visuals looked good thanks to hologram effects.

    SOUND:
    I didn't get a chance to check out the music tracks of this level, but the first one has great retro interactive music of MGS1 Encounter (LBP Remix).

    GAMEPLAY:
    The gameplay of this level is definitely like the BattleSnake game. Although using D-pads is highly recommended instead of the left control stick.

    OVERALL:
    A fun retro game. A yay.

  3. Thanks!


  4. #3
    I Like Controlinators Ali_Star's Avatar
    Points: 24,280, Level: 47
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 270
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 30 days registered 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    alistair26
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bolton, England
    Posts
    2,377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JustinArt View Post
    Thanks for a feedback of Cybernetic Adventures Sigma. This fun game reminds me of one of the games I played a long time ago.

    VISUALS:
    The retro visuals looked good thanks to hologram effects.

    SOUND:
    I didn't get a chance to check out the music tracks of this level, but the first one has great retro interactive music of MGS1 Encounter (LBP Remix).

    GAMEPLAY:
    The gameplay of this level is definitely like the BattleSnake game. Although using D-pads is highly recommended instead of the left control stick.

    OVERALL:
    A fun retro game. A yay.
    Thanks for your comments and the yay. 5 plays, 2 hearts and 3 yays.... not a bad ratio there

  5. #4
    armedprodigy
    Guest

    Default

    VISUALS:
    I like everything I about the game. I enjoyed playing and seeing the content pretty good.

    SOUND:
    Sounded like it was a real game. Pretty good work, I havent even messed with the beat program. Probably not going to so great job.

    GAMEPLAY:
    It seem to be a little laggy when I would use the Joy stick. The better response time came with the D-pad i'm not saying it was perfect, but it allowed me to play with a more less lag turn.

    OVERALL:
    I Enjoyed the game and all of its aspects. Pretty good work it shows it has a lot of time spent on it. GJ !!

  6. Thanks!


  7. #5
    I Like Controlinators Ali_Star's Avatar
    Points: 24,280, Level: 47
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 270
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 30 days registered 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    alistair26
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bolton, England
    Posts
    2,377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by armedprodigy View Post
    VISUALS:
    I like everything I about the game. I enjoyed playing and seeing the content pretty good.

    SOUND:
    Sounded like it was a real game. Pretty good work, I havent even messed with the beat program. Probably not going to so great job.

    GAMEPLAY:
    It seem to be a little laggy when I would use the Joy stick. The better response time came with the D-pad i'm not saying it was perfect, but it allowed me to play with a more less lag turn.

    OVERALL:
    I Enjoyed the game and all of its aspects. Pretty good work it shows it has a lot of time spent on it. GJ !!
    Thanks for your comments. Obviously I can't take all the credit for the music because a lot of it wasn't mine, but I did spend a lot of time creating my Turkish March remix, and a fair bit of time looking for music that suited the level.

    I will probably get around to playing your level and giving you feedback this weekend. Which level would you like feedback on?

  8. #6

    Default

    Thanks for your feedback to my Geometry Wars Beta.

    VISUALS:
    They're very well done, good job with the "pixel-like" effect.

    SOUND: Well chosen sounds. About music, the track 1 was awesome. I also like tracks 9, 10 and 12 and another one that I just don't remember the number.

    GAMEPLAY: Wery well done simulation of Snake arcade game. You could improve the left joystick's response with "higher than zero" gates. Online was very laggy, but my connection sucks (2 MB download, 250 to 500 kB upload). Probably you can find a way to simplify logic functions if possible and increase thermo's free space and logic's performance, reducing LaG this way.

    OVERALL: Wery good job, no doubt. This is the kind of level that really deserves Yays and Hearts.
    HARDCORE GAMER 4EVER | 明達の力 (meitatsu no chikara)



    Click the image for lbp.me link. Here's the Level Showcase link
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________

    My LBPC Wiki's page: "Programming" in LBP2?

  9. Thanks!


  10. #7
    I Like Controlinators Ali_Star's Avatar
    Points: 24,280, Level: 47
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 270
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 30 days registered 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    alistair26
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bolton, England
    Posts
    2,377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SebasSBM View Post
    Thanks for your feedback to my Geometry Wars Beta.

    VISUALS:
    They're very well done, good job with the "pixel-like" effect.

    SOUND: Well chosen sounds. About music, the track 1 was awesome. I also like tracks 9, 10 and 12 and another one that I just don't remember the number.

    GAMEPLAY: Wery well done simulation of Snake arcade game. You could improve the left joystick's response with "higher than zero" gates. Online was very laggy, but my connection sucks (2 MB download, 250 to 500 kB upload). Probably you can find a way to simplify logic functions if possible and increase thermo's free space and logic's performance, reducing LaG this way.

    OVERALL: Wery good job, no doubt. This is the kind of level that really deserves Yays and Hearts.
    Thanks for your comments. Track 1 was just one the MGS ones which I edited. I can't remember (off the top of my head) which ones tracks 9 and 10 were.... I think 12 was one of mine, but I prefer my other track.

    The lag may be down to connection. I don't think it's a fault of the logic though. There isn't actually that much logic, compared to what you might think. I think the lag may be down to the way the snake moves - one large grid square every 0.1s. That might be a little too fast for the game to handle at times. Unfortunately, 0.2s is too slow. The actual game arena takes up only a small amount of thermo. The majority of the thermo comes from the menu and tutorial, which are destroyed as soon as you enter the game mode, so thermo isn't an issue.

    I don't know what "higher than zero gates" are, but control of the snake is easier with the d-pad. I had to implement a little (only very tiny) delay between pressing the direction and the snake turning, to ensure that the snake only moves on-grid.

  11. #8
    _Maniek_
    Guest

    Default

    VISUALS:
    Retro style, can't complain. Menu is well-made.

    SOUND:
    Sound is really good. Track selection = good choice.

    GAMEPLAY:
    At first I didn't like lag, when you are changing direction, but then I get used to it and I must say, that controlls are pretty awsome! I didn't have problem making "fast 180 degree turns", so feeding snake was fun. Game is rather easy, I complete it at one go.

    OVERALL:
    Old, good snake, without glitches

    My F4F level: http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/sho...ccer-2-Players

  12. Thanks!


  13. #9
    Junior Sackperson Tyranny68's Avatar
    Points: 5,876, Level: 22
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 174
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    7 days registered 30 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    Tyranny68
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    400
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default

    Hey it looks fun, im going to give it a go and see what i think

    ~Upcoming Projects~
    - Terraformer
    - Sun Lander
    - Chrono Chrysalis

    - Tyranny68

    Skype Name: MechaStorm

  14. Thanks!


  15. #10
    I Like Controlinators Ali_Star's Avatar
    Points: 24,280, Level: 47
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 270
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 30 days registered 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    alistair26
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bolton, England
    Posts
    2,377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Maniek_ View Post
    VISUALS:
    Retro style, can't complain. Menu is well-made.

    SOUND:
    Sound is really good. Track selection = good choice.

    GAMEPLAY:
    At first I didn't like lag, when you are changing direction, but then I get used to it and I must say, that controlls are pretty awsome! I didn't have problem making "fast 180 degree turns", so feeding snake was fun. Game is rather easy, I complete it at one go.

    OVERALL:
    Old, good snake, without glitches

    My F4F level: http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/sho...ccer-2-Players
    Read my above posts for the reasons for the lag. If you have a decent internet connection, you should give 2P mode a go. I'm surprised you completed it in 1 go..... I haven't got to the end yet
    I wanted to make it longer, but you're only allowed a max of 100 emitters.

    I shall give your level a go when I can, I'm busy on other games at the moment, plus it's difficult for me to find time to play multiplayer.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyranny68 View Post
    Hey it looks fun, im going to give it a go and see what i think
    Cheers. Let me know what you think

    I'll try yours when I can.

  16. #11

    Default

    This is a Greater Than Zero Gate:



    Sequencer's Input Value is set to Positional. The Battery inside the Sequencer is set to +100% (default).

    This Gate's output is on if the input signal's strenght is not zero. For example, if input = +0,01% (or -0,01%) then output is 100%. If snake's head uses a mover and you wire L joystick to Greater Than Zero Gates (I guess you'd need 4 of them), signals from joystick will become 100% even if original strenght is the lowest, making movers to react faster when a player is using the joystick.

    Anyway I played it with the d-pad, but I'd bet players would like to have a well set joystick system.
    Last edited by SebasSBM; 10-31-2011 at 03:01 AM.
    HARDCORE GAMER 4EVER | 明達の力 (meitatsu no chikara)



    Click the image for lbp.me link. Here's the Level Showcase link
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________

    My LBPC Wiki's page: "Programming" in LBP2?

  17. Thanks!


  18. #12

    Default

    First of all, let me say I love the retro Snake games, and this reinvention of such a classic piece of gaming genius is a must-play for the more nostalgic gamers among you, and just pure fun for anyone else. Although I did find the controls largely unresponsive at times, I feel this has more to do with the game itself and possibly my controller rather than your engineering of the level!
    That said, it'll still hold the attention of those looking for a fun retro-gaming experience. Thank you for bringing it to us undeserving masses!

    Oh and i've fixed the bug you mentioned in my Sewer-Cide level!
    Last edited by RainbowtipsFort; 11-01-2011 at 12:43 PM.
    I would be honoured if you could try my level...



  19. Thanks!


  20. #13
    I Like Controlinators Ali_Star's Avatar
    Points: 24,280, Level: 47
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 270
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 30 days registered 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    alistair26
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bolton, England
    Posts
    2,377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SebasSBM View Post
    This is a Greater Than Zero Gate:



    Sequencer's Input Value is set to Positional. The Battery inside the Sequencer is set to +100% (default).

    This Gate's output is on if the input signal's strenght is not zero. For example, if input = +0,01% (or -0,01%) then output is 100%. If snake's head uses a mover and you wire L joystick to Greater Than Zero Gates (I guess you'd need 4 of them), signals from joystick will become 100% even if original strenght is the lowest, making movers to react faster when a player is using the joystick.

    Anyway I played it with the d-pad, but I'd bet players would like to have a well set joystick system.
    Thanks, looks very useful. Will give it a go and see if it makes a difference.

    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowtipsFort View Post
    First of all, let me say I love the retro Snake games, and this reinvention of such a classic piece of gaming genius is a must-play for the more nostalgic gamers among you, and just pure fun for anyone else. Although I did find the controls largely unresponsive at times, I feel this has more to do with the game itself and possibly my controller rather than your engineering of the level!
    That said, it'll still hold the attention of those looking for a fun retro-gaming experience. Thank you for bringing it to us undeserving masses!

    Oh and i've fixed the bug you mentioned in my Sewer-Cide level!
    Thanks. I will try your level again and give you a proper review.

    See some of the above responses for my suspected reasons for the unresponsiveness. I myself don't use the analog stick to control the snake, I only use the d-pad and it works fine for me.

  21. #14

    Default

    Yeap D-pad works better.

    Played this a while ago and I must say that it's quite an addictive classic game brought back to life in LBP2. Also the retro environment with the pixels goes back to the good old days of gaming. Nice track selection too. I don't actually have anything bad to say about it or anything that needs changing as you've done a good job at it.


  22. Thanks!


  23. #15

    Default

    Just played this level and here is my feedback...

    + Great retro visuals
    + Gameplay was excellent, simple to grasp and quite addictive.
    + Replayability is aloso very good, offering different options for 1 player and 2 player

    - The snake tended to get stuck whenever it re-entered the frame. I am not a logic expert so unsure what to suggest.

    An excellent retro gaming experience.

  24. Thanks!


  25. #16
    I Like Controlinators Ali_Star's Avatar
    Points: 24,280, Level: 47
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 270
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 30 days registered 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    alistair26
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bolton, England
    Posts
    2,377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MicGorbachev View Post
    Just played this level and here is my feedback...

    + Great retro visuals
    + Gameplay was excellent, simple to grasp and quite addictive.
    + Replayability is aloso very good, offering different options for 1 player and 2 player

    - The snake tended to get stuck whenever it re-entered the frame. I am not a logic expert so unsure what to suggest.

    An excellent retro gaming experience.
    ?

    What do you mean "got stuck"? I can't say I've ever had this experience.

  26. #17

    Default

    I got the chance to play with a second player and had a blast. The menu was great and the little effects added depth. I like that it isn't just one little mini game but instead has other options making it have high replay value.

    Will definitely be playing it again as my little brother loves these types of levels because it reminds him of TRON.

  27. Thanks!


  28. #18
    I Like Controlinators Ali_Star's Avatar
    Points: 24,280, Level: 47
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 270
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 30 days registered 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    alistair26
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bolton, England
    Posts
    2,377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstAvenger View Post
    I got the chance to play with a second player and had a blast. The menu was great and the little effects added depth. I like that it isn't just one little mini game but instead has other options making it have high replay value.

    Will definitely be playing it again as my little brother loves these types of levels because it reminds him of TRON.
    Haha. Good stuff.

    I initiall set out with the idea of creating Snake in lbp, then the thought of multiplayer popped into my head and I thought "Hmm, that's kinda like TRON". I was tempted with making it a Tron level, with the thought that attaching a "license" would attract more plays. In the end, I decided it wasn't really Tron-like in the sense that there was extra stuff like power ups etc. I added a little reference to TRON though, with one of the music tracks.

  29. #19
    Patch of Cloth Nightshade_games's Avatar
    Points: 3,320, Level: 16
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 130
    Overall activity: 0%
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    nightshade94123
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The most Northen Carolina
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Queued and Queued.

    And what the hell? I'll queue it!

  30. #20
    Patch of Cloth turnipeater's Avatar
    Points: 18,744, Level: 41
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 206
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    turnipeater
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Dorset, United Kingdom
    Posts
    83

    Default

    Hi

    Queued your level and will play when I get back onto LBP! Will be interesting as you commented on my snake level!

  31. Thanks!


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •