BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default LBPC Crown Contest #4 - The Results

LBPC Crown Contest #4 - The Results

Hi everyone, we’re back again to announce the results! And it's always a though battle.
    But first, I want to introduce you to our new members, some pretty awesome guys I must say, and we're very happy to have them on board.
    Welcome to the Contest Crew Psyntens and Joey/XTrophx!!!
    A big hug to TehUberZac, missing from PSN and the forums from a long time. We all hope everything is fine man!!!

The theme was pretty hard to nail this time, but you proved your skills once again. Again, you've delivered some pretty incredible stuff!
    Again, our heart was warm and proud!

We kept you reading enough (or have you skipped everything I read and already watched the video)
    What?
    No vid this time, again...
    Sorry, but real life gets in the way...
    We hope to release a vid soon

1st Place

Coal Cart Calamity (LBPC4)
    by  ladylyn1
    ..........Winner of the LBPC4 competition.......... When a fairy gets trapped down the mine, there's only one way to save it... the old mine cart! This level is brought to you by Ladylyn, Razalor and Weirdybeardy with special thanks to Microhamster, Boss_ Mob and Mad-Wiz for the help. Difficulty: hard.

2nd Place

(LBPC4) "Professor Tesla's secret laboratory"
    by  ALS_TheGamer
    - The professor Tesla completed his secret laboratory,in this place electro-magnetism and general physic bring together to give you a new experience. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Highly designed for 1 player (2 players max). Level difficult : Medium (Hard sometimes) Gameplay durability : 8 Minutes aprox.- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Special thanks to LFiers,Alley_Cat_8633,PSYNTENS and Xx_Mr_Orange_xX for test the level. I hope you enjoy it and excuse my english.

3rd Place

"Quadratech Mansion" (LBPC4)
    by  LFiers
    You're out house hunting as you stumble across a beautiful looking mansion. A strange looking real estate agent asks you to &quot;test&quot; his mansion out &amp; you reluctantly accept. After going in to this strange mansion you realise it isn't a normal home &amp; subsequently get locked in. Can you solve the puzzles &amp; make your way out? Introducing 1 mansion. Featuring 4 elements of physics. Laced with non-linear gameplay. (Notes: Music by me.) {Follow me on Twitter: <a href='/u/LFiers' title='LFiers'>@LFiers</a>} ----------www.lbpcentral.com)

Honourable Mentions!
    (In no particular order)

Congratulations ladylyn1! What an entry - Incredible mood, outstanding gameplay, mesmerizing visuals. Really a full package! You’re a worthy winner, but as you've already have a Crown, (YEAH YEAH! you read well, CROWN!!!) your prize will be the rare LBPC Contest pin and the Crown will go to our second place creator, ALS_TheGamer.

Well done to ALS_TheGamer, too! You fought with pride, teeth and nails against the winner. Good job!

Finally, congratulations to LFiers on winning third place. Some really brilliant stuff and so much content! Keep up your excellent work!

We'd also like to say a big thank you to all the other contenders. You kept us entertained and had our brains puzzled and fingers melted. It really is a joy to see how inventive and creative you guys can be!

Remember, round five is still open for entry here!!! And you can now follow the LBPC Contest Crew on Twitter!

So if you’re up for a bit of brainy stuff, queue these levels, go play and enjoy!

Sincerely,

joey, Leather-Monkey, Moleynator, Mother-Misty, OCK, OmegaSlayer, Psyntens, Shadowriver, shropshirelass, Thegide and Mr_T-Shirt.
    Last edited by OmegaSlayer; 11-08-2011 at 09:07 AM.

Sig by FJT

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 348
    Overall activity: 0%

PSN
    gamerater15
    Blog Entries

well done ladylyn1! and all the other contestants, they were all great.
    My Levels

Life since they arrived - Part 1
    Life since they arrived - Part 2

good job ALS_Thegamer, You are worth of it

NEW LEVEL OUT: Trouble in the Garden Lbp.me

Yay! The results are finally up! I came 3rd! That's for you mum! Congratulations to ladylyn1 for winning with a truly unique entry, beautiful music, scenery & great ambience. Congratulations my good friend ALS_TheGamer for winning 2nd place & for also winning that crown! Your a genius & it was only a matter of time, you deserve it. Thanks to all the contest crew for hosting another great contest & congratulations to everyone who got an honorable mention as well.

Congrats ladylyn ! Really great level, truely deserve its first place. Congrats to 2nd & third place & honorable mentions too! I had a blast plying these levels
    LBP VITA :
    L.A.S.E.R.S. [LBPCentral/lbp.me]
    Wet Paint VITA [LBPCentral/lbp.me]
    Sack Jones and the lava Temple [LBPCentral/lbp.me]

LBP2 :
    ... Inside the magic box [LBPCentral/lbp.me]
    Shadows [LBPCentral/lbp.me] ...

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 686
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Recommendation Second Class 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    ladylyn1
    Blog Entries

Thanks very much! To be honest i'm blown away that Caol Cart has won against such excellent levels which I thoroughly enjoyed playing. I would like to say a huge thank you to Razalor nd Weirdybeardy who co-worked with me on the project it wouldn't have been possible without them.

Also, i'm sure many who have played have noticed bugs and glitches in the level- i'm still working on fixing it! Also, there were a few other things I would like to change, so I will actually be republishing with an update soon.

Thanks again to the contest crew and I'm looking forward to playing some lbpc5 levels soon!
    Last edited by ladylyn1; 11-05-2011 at 02:58 PM.

Creator of:
    Cirque de la Nuit - Spotlighted
    FIRESTARTER - Spotlighted
    Whichever Way the Wind Blows - Spotlighted
    Atomic Assistance - Spotlighted
    Planet X - Spotlighted
    A Stairway to Heaven - Spotlighted
    Chihiro's Garden - Spotlighted
    A Shadow of a Forgotten Past

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 164
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    shookie_monster

Congrats to ladylyn, well deserved, and to the 2nd and 3rd place as well. I didn't expect to win with an unfinished level (a little less than half my thermo left) and I am lucky to even be an honorable mention. Thanks for the contest crews hard work as well.

LBPCentral Spotlight CrewCurmudgeon Extraordinaire biorogue's Avatar
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 882
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    jester946
    Blog Entries

Congratulations ladylyn1 for the win and to ALS_TheGamer and LFiers for taking home 2nd and 3rd, really cool levels and to the honorable mentions for some really cool levels as well. I enjoyed playing all these and man! I do not envy the judges for having to sort this one out. Congrats to all the entrants and a huge thanks to the Contest Crew for another great round and for helping keep this community alive. Bio out!

---------

Follow me on the twitterz @bioswoop

LBPCentral Spotlight Crew LBPC Contest Crew shropshirelass's Avatar
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    shropshire-lass

Quote Originally Posted by biorogue View Post
    ...and man! I do not envy the judges for having to sort this one out...
    Never a truer word spoken lol! We were just floored by the amazing quality and originality of the levels in this round. People really pulled out all the stops - more 10 of 10 scores were awarded than ever before and it was a really close run thing! So a big thank you to all the entrants and congratulations to ladylyn1 for the win and to ALS_TheGamer and LFiers for their places. You guys are all amazing creators and it was an absolute pleasure playing your levels - despite the agonising and nail-biting nature of the judging this time!

LBPCentral Contest Crew LBPC Contest Crew ForgottenEnigma's Avatar
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 604
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    ForgottenEnigma

Hey guys, thanks for another honourable mention.

I regret not being able to spend as much time on my entry as I would have liked.... however considering i've just won a contraption challenge pin I'm not too upset.

congratulations to the winners and runners up, well deserved, the judges made good choices and I look forward to playing those I havn't see yet. Once again thanks, I won't be entering lbpc5 personally but I am helping on an entry I'm very excited about. Hopefully you'll love it.

Regards
    Dave

HALLOWEEN CARNIVAL IS OUT psyntens's Avatar
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 888
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    PSYNTENS
    Blog Entries

Other major results, and levels that are to remember, congratulations to ladylyn1 for your wonderful design and a very well done enjoy your LBPC pin contest ALS_TheGamer also funny and original for that level, and of course by now belong to the LBP royal family and LFiers for once again delight us with a great job and great design at this level. And to all the creators who are honorable mention for all their performance, time and extraordinary levels. Good Job Guys!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations to all guys!!!
    This contest was really important, there was a gradual work by all and go to the judges had a difficult task to decide.

LBPCentral Spotlight CrewCurmudgeon Extraordinaire biorogue's Avatar
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 882
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    PSN
    jester946
    Blog Entries

Dang, I forgot my manners. Congratulations also to Psyntens and XTrophx on your new positions within the community. I know you'll have a blast and at the same time a headache trying to judge such awesome levels.

---------

Follow me on the twitterz @bioswoop

ALS_TheGamer

2nd Place !! And a rare prize crown !! This have to be one of the best days of my life. Congratulations to ladylyn1 for winning the first position making a unique and amazing level, Congratulations to my great friend LFiers for winning the 3rd position with a huge and excellent project,its a good notice in this hard times of his life.Also congratulations to all these great creators who are in honorable mention,great work !!.
    I wanna say thanks to contest crew for pick my level.At the end I must say this crown go to the memory of Elizabeth Fiers, R.I.P...
    Greetings and I hope everyone have a nice day.
    Last edited by ALS_TheGamer; 11-06-2011 at 02:15 AM.

The REAL Chinese Tree.. PurpleChaos's Avatar
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 331
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    7 days registered 30 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    PurpleChaos
    Hopefully on the front page of every LBP related article.

Everybody did an amazing job! I'd like to congratulate a person that I don't know in any way at all for getting honourable mention. You did great ATMLVE! Even though I have no idea who you are nor have I ever seen you ever before at all. Let's also take a moment for our favorite elf ears' mother.. Hang in there, times are tough for everyone these days. And I know it's hard, but you have my support and any possible love I can give to you, my brotha.. Don't think I don't mean it when I say that. In conclusion, I thank you all for entering and giving me something neat-o to play! Hats off. Come on, take off your hat. Seriously..
    I have no friends.
    Therefore I have no sig.
    Please enjoy this knowledge.
    ------------------------------------------
    I'm on my way, guys..

well done Ladylyn1, i honestly thought you would win this, it's an amazing concept done to perfection
    My One And Only Game: An Unexpected Turn
    Game List: My Favourite Games

Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 390
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 30 days registered 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    goranilic

Congrats to first place, runners up and honorable mentions, this contest has brought the most good levels so far.
    Congratulations to contest crew for the great and hard work that was done, certainly it wasn't easy.

Spotlighted in Community Spotlight Episode 104

Spotlighted in Community Spotlight Episode 90

Sticks and stones may break my bones
    but words will never hurt me

Thanks for all the kind words and tributes to my mum, Elizabeth Fiers. This really means a lot. I miss her so much... Thanks.

Already played 2nd, 3rd and most of the honourable mentions, but not 1st. It looks very nice and I've got it queued, congrats on winning, ladylyn1!

On a side note, how did the fourth wall not come in the top three?
    Check out my LBP2 levels in the showcase!

A remake of iCopter
    http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/sho...142-iCopter-V2

My LBPC3 entry
    http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/sho...-Mill&p=927666
    More coming soon

20. Thanks!

Sackperson Lieutenant
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 411
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    Jggfij
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PGdafrog View Post
    On a side note, how did the fourth wall not come in the top three?
    How come there's only a winner?

Sig by FJT

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast