BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Little Big Apocalypse -- Levels 1-15 (PICS)

The story focuses on a sackboy that suddenly wakes up after the world has ended and after years of searching for anyone who is still alive, he finds a strange building that seems to have working electricity.

I'm up to episode 11 and each episode has a very distinct color pallette and some pretty challenging platforming. The challenge really depends on how familiar you are with LBP, I can wizz right through the levels now because I got better at the jumping mechanic.

For me, the story/art/gameplay all have to be interesting for people to enjoy a level.

If you don't like megaman-style platforming that is somewhat unforgiving but very addicting.. you should steer clear of these levels! These are not "ride a car for 2 seconds then get 6 trophies" levels.

The story gets more warped as you continue, it's unlike anything else on LBP, so please check it out, I don't care about hearts, I just want people to see
    my stuff.

Screenshots from the series(I will add from all episodes when I can):

Episode 1:

Description: A tale of how the world ended and how a Sackboy emerged from the rubble.

Episode 2:
    [SPOILER]
    Description:

Sackboy enters the mysterious building, he meets the eyes.

[/SPOILER]

Episode 3(PIC):
    [SPOILER]

Description: Sackboy agrees to save the eyes but a dangerous path lies ahead.

[/SPOILER]
    Episode 4(PICS):

[SPOILER]

Description: Sackboy is kidnapped and meets the builder.[/SPOILER]

Episode 5(PIC):
    [SPOILER]

Description: The builder guides Sackboy through the burning gardens.
    [/SPOILER]

Episode 6(PICS):
    [SPOILER]

Description: The builder tells Sackboy the fate of the building's prior inhabitants.[/SPOILER]

Episode 7:
    [SPOILER]
    Description: Sackboy makes his way through the air conditioning system.
    [/SPOILER]
    Episode 8:
    [SPOILER]
    Description: Sackboy and the builder attempt to destroy the eyes.
    [/SPOILER]
    Episode 9(PICS):
    [SPOILER]

Description: The eyes trick sackboy and hold him captive in their chambers.[/SPOILER]

Episode 10(PICS):
    [SPOILER]

Description: Sackboy makes his escape.[/SPOILER]

Episode 11:
    [SPOILER]
    Description: Sackboy heads through the library to the builder's new invention.[/SPOILER]

Episode 12 (Vehicle Level)(PICS):
    [SPOILER]

Description: Sackboy rides the builder's cruiser through the datastream.
    [/SPOILER]
    Episode 13(PICS):
    [SPOILER]

Description: Sackboy heads towards the data-bindings, the first step in the builder's new plan to destroy the eyes.[/SPOILER]

UPDATE: 1/08/09: Episode 14

Description: [SPOILER] Sackboy makes attempts to shred the protocol sifters.

[/SPOILER]

Updated: 1/23/09 - Episode 15:

Description: [SPOILER]Sackboy enters the Clusterbay.
    Estimated Level Play Time: 10-15 minutes
    Level Type: Platforming :: Multi-path :: Story-based :: Minimalist ::

[/SPOILER]

For Episode 16 go here:

http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/sho...640#post144640

For Episode 17 go here:

http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/sho...748#post154748

************************************************** *************************
    The series has been locked up.

The newest 2 levels will always be unlocked.
    ************************************************** *************************

"If only the boy had known... maybe he could have stopped us..."
    - Little Big Apocalypse
    Last edited by Snowspot; 02-26-2009 at 11:53 AM.

hmm... I'll look into it.

I appreciate it! Anyone that does will see that the levels aren't crap

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 595
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    Thee-Flash
    Blog Entries

ill take a look mate

MY PS3 IS DEAD =( =(
    TIME OF DEATH 06 February 2:48 pm New Zealand time
    Please don't kill panda's

As soon as I heard plot based I was happy. So few levels have any plot at all its disappointing. I really look forward to trying your levels. 11 episodes? That's just awesome.
    Edit»» I just realized you live in the same state as me. :D
    Last edited by LaserShark; 12-27-2008 at 04:08 PM.

Series Updated:

I've added a new level, level 12. It's a vehicle/paintinator based level and it's pretty intense.

I didn't mention before but I NEVER use anything pre-made. Everything I make is original. All of this level (including the CUSTOM CRUSIER!!!) was made by me.

I'm getting really frustrated not recieving feedback :-/ I worked my *** off on these levels, would it kill some people to take a look at any of the 12? I'm really trying to make my own game, not an LBP series, the series isn't even supposed to feel like LBP. I wish I could just get some feedback to know if I'm doing things right...

Thanks

Sackperson Private

PSN
    NinjaMicWZ
    Blog Entries

I just finished episode 1 and I'm about to try and blow through all of these. So far, man... all I can say is that this is a next level event if it stays as good or gets better. I'll be back to edit this post with more thoughts...

edit 1: Ok... episode 1 is amazing. The narrative is sophisticated and compelling, and the visuals are just jawdropping. So surreal and ominous...

2... eh, I like the surreal of it, and the dialogue but it seems so plain compared to episode 1. I also think you should hide your dark matter by only using it as thing support behind blocks of rubber. I really like the platforming here, and the use of depth perception and multiple planes. The repetitiveness of objects seems a little mundane, but it almost looks like a salvador dali nightmare. The dead end corner in the left is definitely the most visually stimulating part of the level.

3... I like the look of circuitry, but the oblong shapes don't seem to fit well with the idea of what I think is some kind of AI - I understand that you are trying to keep the visual theme and style consistent as it evolves, while each act offers a totally new visual style, more color and a unique type of platforming challenge. The environment is difficult to see due to some camera work and foreground clutter - part of the look, I know, but still a bit cumbersome IMO. The shape, color and size of the sponges don't seem to fit with the look either. The best part is shooting up the arrow through the circuitry and currents as the series of notes plays. Staying on and going up and down plays a nice little ditty heh

4... wow, more color. Anyway, it keeps getting more visually stimulating as it goes on, and it's yet another entirely different type of gameplay. I had to stop here just because my TV's been having problems with intense concentrations of lighting effects and vibrant reds/oranges/yellows. It creates a weird corona of distortion - I guess 'cause it's an SD TV and is pretty beat up. The story is shaping up to be very intriguing and fleshed out.

I'll try and get through the rest of these when I can... great work. So far it's the most developed and well written story I've seen in LBP. This is only feedback, not necessarily a critique.
    Last edited by NinjaMicWZ; 12-28-2008 at 11:55 PM.

Sounds cool man, i gotta play this one. xD
    haha, try my level too,
    Its called Home.
    By: JabbaMonkey123

Thanks to anyone who has tried it out so far, the story is pretty crazy if you invest the man-hours. I also wish people would check out episode 12, it's my first vehicle level and the controls on the vehicle I made are really slick... any feedback would be great.

Hey SnowSpot, how did you do the color and lighting for the first level?
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by JabbaMonkey123 View Post
    Hey SnowSpot, how did you do the color and lighting for the first level?
    Thanks!
    A combination of lights, color correction, brightness.... it's not incredibly hard to do but there's a lot of tweaking involved if you want to get the right look. Changing the brightness on lights is really key and increasing/decreasing radius of lights.

I guess I'm embarrassed it's not really complicated ... you could do it too! Just experiment. I do online cartoons and I get a lot of ideas from that and I try to reproduced them in LBP, I can sit in the game for hours trying to find something that looks cool :P

EDIT: I'll add your PSN and check out your level
    Last edited by Snowspot; 12-30-2008 at 12:54 AM.

Sackperson Private

PSN
    NinjaMicWZ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Snowspot View Post
    I guess I'm embarrassed it's not really complicated ... you could do it too! Just experiment. I do online cartoons and I get a lot of ideas from that and I try to reproduced them in LBP, I can sit in the game for hours trying to find something that looks cool :P

EDIT: I'll add your PSN and check out your level
    That's cool that it's a medium for you... I do the same thing by channeling my verse or poetry into some of my levels. I'm not much for in depth storytelling, but rhyme and reason is easier than breathing.

Just "playing" in create mode is half the fun... I'd say that in the grand scheme of things, playing through story mode and levels is really just like learning to do a basic part of the gameplay - but getting in create mode and playing around is like playing with legos or erector sets, doodling, and performing lab expiriments for the kid in all of us. Sometimes your really putting something together, sometimes you're just smacking around floaties. That's the real game.

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaMicWZ View Post
    ometimes your really putting something together, sometimes you're just smacking around floaties. That's the real game.
    It's true, MM really created something amazing, it's like a program, a game, and a social community all wrapped into a (mostly) zero-lag enviornment. IT's pretty stunning IMO, especially the fact you can "undo" back to the beginning of your level in most cases.

I really look forward to MM adding some sort of animation/cutscene functions, lets us record our own voices, and expand into true 3D. Don't get me wrong, 2.5 D is great but this system could so easily transition into true 3d.

This game is way ahead of it's time and just.. incredible.

Screw the wii, Sony should be in first with a title like this

Hey man. I wanted to let you know that I have begun playing these levels and have completed the first 3. I will refrain from giving a full assessment until I have completed them all but what I can tell you right now that as a writer/poet I appreciate those creators who try to create something special using narrative and this series clearly does that. Right now the first level is a real standout. The visulas are brilliant and really set the stage for the whole series. I will be back with a ton of feedback once I have had a chance to play throught them all. If you get a chance to check out my levels then I would love to have your thoughts. I think you will be able to appreciate my focus on story, especially with the Legion
    I use Feedback4Feedback

Published Levels: Pulse - 218 - The Legion - Out of Africa

New Release: The Rose Garden

SERIES UPDATE:

Episode 13 Published.

Of all the levels I've done, this one is currently my favorite. Tons of new and unique stuff and the imagery is beyond surreal. I played a lot with depth effects and I think anyone who plays will appreciate the experience.

Any comments are greatly appreciated. Please check it out guys!
    Last edited by Snowspot; 01-01-2009 at 02:05 AM.

I'm taking a look at each level and will make a new edit everytime I review a new Episode. I'll start with Ep. 1

---
    EP1 - An awesome prologue to what I hope will be an awesome story with some nice little platforming in there. The falling blocks and the darkness was awesome. Pretty nice camera angles and lighting.

EP2 - An interesting second part to the series. Loved the dialogue between the "people" talking to the SackBoy, which one minor change. In my view the "btw" written in one set of dialogue is unnecessary and makes the dialogue look sloppy. I recommend writing the dialogue in normal English. Platforming was very challenging and fun.

EP3 - Very well done with all the GREAT level design, the electicity everywhere was absolutely amazing! The grabbing on and hoping for dear life WAS TOTALLY AWESOME. It made me actually WANT to play the rest of the levels in the series.

more to come...
    Last edited by harrypmgaga; 12-31-2008 at 08:09 AM. Reason: Episode 3 added.

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 890
    Overall activity: 0%

PSN
    MDJR2k7

The screen shots look amazing I must try this out later!

Thanks Mrgenji!!

"We've both said alot of things that you're going to regret. But I think we can put our differences behind us. For science, you monster." GLaDOS.

MAH WEBCOMIC!!

Avatar by TheZimInvader. Thanks!

License to krill. Whalio Cappuccino's Avatar
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 726
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    Whaale

Playing all the levels, I'll write my feedback one by one. So make sure to check mine out every once in a while.
    ------------------
    Episode 1 : I really love the beginning of what I hope is an awesome story. I really love your writing style, the text gave the level that sort of hopeless, dark, cold, feeling to the level. But it had one strand of light left. And that strand was you Sackboy. I'm going to play Episode 2 now, and I'll write up on it as well. One suggestion though, in some parts the text doesn't really need a cutscene, especially for those three worded ones. The person will still read it, he just wont be bothered by it. Not saying I was at all, I love levels with a good story, the majority of LBP unfortunately, probably doesn't feel the same.
    ------------------
    Episode 2 : Holy crap was that the hardest level I have ever played or what? I really like the dark and eerey and "we're watching you" Sort of feel. But it's too difficult for the average player. Add extra checkpoints, and make some of those springy bolts, not springy. Oh and the text that says " Not literally of course" When they say they want to pick your brain, it's not invisible. Anyways off to Episode 3!
    ------------------
    Episode 3 : Another level like that, you keep making me want more. So off to the next level, you really might want to make the sound effect things and magic mouths invisible. Episode 4 here I come!
    ------------------
    Episode 4 : And...Cut! This is where I stopped, you have shown me a lot of amazing lighting effects bravo. But my eyes can't handle too much of it. I might have a seizure, especially after that one "I'm A builder, here let me show you!" That part was lovely to the eyes... Anyways... I cheated the level and dropped down from the spinning polygons and landed right on the scoreboard, but before I did that I flew straight down into the spikes, catching the community level key in my path. I guess I'm just lucky...

Sackperson Sergeant

PSN
    ClankXIII
    Blog Entries

Holy mother of all things tasty! You've been doing some serious work! With all of the effort you put in, you deserve to get your levels seen, and some feedback. I'll try to review some. Man, it'll take a whole review team for these. XD

Do you plan on making this a full 20 levels? Are you going to make another PSN account for more levels?

We should get a Review Team for the series, as well as a Beta Team for the upcoming episodes in the series!

I'll join both (assuming that the creator -- JonMartin lets us -- if not then whatever)!!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast