BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 400
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    Grayspence
    Blog Entries

Default Vinewood Swamp (MM PICK :D)

Hey everyone, as most of you are aware exams for highschool students in the North america were this week, and in Celebration of finishing all of mine, I finally mustered up enough courage to publish my first solo-made level in LBP2. Utilizing the new sticker panel material, the grapple hook, and decorations out the wazoo, this is probably the most detailed level Ive ever made, EVER. (Thats not a lot, BTW)
    [UPDATE]: Pictures! For your viewing Pleasure!

Anyway, nothing too fancy in terms of gameplay, no secrets like my first level,(Secrets have been added )
    and its really short, but it was originally intended to be a series starter before I went overboard with the visual factors.

Report any glitches here and have fun
    I suggest playing alone to get the absolute best result gameplay and lag wise.
    Ill do as many F4Fs and I can, Ive got tons of free time on my hands untill monday

-Grayspence
    Last edited by grayspence; 03-23-2012 at 10:10 PM.

Added to my queue, F4F my level if you have the time! http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/sho...Player-Support!!
    Last edited by arsenalfan_1995; 01-31-2012 at 11:28 PM.
    Cosmic Carnage by: ArsenalFan_1995

Tell me what you think of it.
    Post some feedback to my level
    It would be greatly appreciated Thanks

looks interesting ill try it.
    Heres my level F4F http://lbp.me/v/9qdj05

7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    Grayspence
    Blog Entries

Here is a picture of the start of the level... Should be good enough for now untill I can get back online and post some more pictures!
    Former Spotlighter, Create Marathon Organizer,
    Digital Artist,
    All around nice guy

Follow me on Twitter!

The visuals were amazing, and the music was spot on. Though If i was to add anything It would be somewhat of a story, but i can imagine that the temperature in the level is close to full.
    Gameplay: 4
    Visuals: 5
    Verdict: Good level man

PSN
    Grayspence
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lilballer22 View Post
    The visuals were amazing, and the music was spot on. Though If i was to add anything It would be somewhat of a story, but i can imagine that the temperature in the level is close to full.
    Gameplay: 4
    Visuals: 5
    Verdict: Good level man
    It originally had quite a bit of a story, but I ditched it and published it because I wasnt about to waste a months work and multiple overheats. Thanks for the feedback, and Ill get to your level as soon as possible! I appreciate the fast reply
    Digital Artist,
    All around nice guy

Follow me on Twitter!

Just finished playing, stunning visuals and a very fun platformer, the music really suits the level. At the part with the bounce pad that had to be turned on with the button, i was a bit lost, i think tere should be a bit more aid in where you have to go after hitting the button above the bounce pad, maybe i'm just not very observant though lol. I found myself playing it a second time to improve my score. I will recommend this level to my friends, good job.

PSN
    Grayspence
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arsenalfan_1995 View Post
    Just finished playing, stunning visuals and a very fun platformer, the music really suits the level. At the part with the bounce pad that had to be turned on with the button, i was a bit lost, i think tere should be a bit more aid in where you have to go after hitting the button above the bounce pad, maybe i'm just not very observant though lol. I found myself playing it a second time to improve my score. I will recommend this level to my friends, good job.
    Will do, I assumed it was quite obvious, but I guess adding an anonymous light wouldnt hurt. Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate the quick response.
    Last edited by grayspence; 01-31-2012 at 11:49 PM.
    Digital Artist,
    All around nice guy

Follow me on Twitter!

PSN
    Grayspence
    Blog Entries

UPDATE:

I've found a few unglued items that I'm about to fix, also, somebody happened to find their way out of the level somehow... Ive posted a comment on his profile asking how he did it. Ill have it fixed in a jiff!

Actually, I'm not sure this is the right qualifications for a double post, but I guess its updating my level to free it from bugs... Sorry if it doesn't count!
    Digital Artist,
    All around nice guy

Follow me on Twitter!

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 385
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    shookie_monster

I would have to say that the title of your level is interesting and assume it is coincidence that I have a level I published several weeks ago called The Hollows of Thornwood Thicket. It was spotlighted here. Interesting...to say the least.

Obviously I also enjoyed been in your level.
    Indeed colors and theme match well, with good music.
    That's a level maybe a classic level but really well done, it must be try.
    I m a fan of Jules Verne' world. Indeed,there is many way to match well Verne and LBP, it's both exploration's worlds. I am working now on "From the Earth to the Moon" and "Mont Saint Michel"
    http://lbp.me/v/98s0gz
    http://lbp.me/v/9fcxqy

PSN
    Grayspence
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shookie99 View Post
    I would have to say that the title of your level is interesting and assume it is coincidence that I have a level I published several weeks ago called The Hollows of Thornwood Thicket. It was spotlighted here. Interesting...to say the least.
    Oh my. Completely coincidence I assure you. Sorry. I'll rename it something a little less like yours. I was away from the spotlight crew for quite ahwile and mustve missed it. Thanks for putting it out there

[EDIT]: Alright, I changed the name to something I was also thinking of Sorry about that shookie!
    Last edited by grayspence; 02-01-2012 at 02:13 AM.
    Digital Artist,
    All around nice guy

Follow me on Twitter!

LBPCentral Spotlight CrewCurmudgeon Extraordinaire biorogue's Avatar
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 217
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    PSN
    jester946
    Blog Entries

just got through playing this Gray and I liked it very much. Great visuals and the game play was good. There was a couple of nickpicky spots for me. One was, there were a couple of bouncepads in the middle layer I believe it was, and you had to go to the right, up to the middle layer then back to the left to hit those bouncepads. I was confused at this portion for a few moments and died numerous times here before realizing I needed to be back on that layer. But overall, a good level with solid gameplay and the visuals were just great. I loved this environment. Awesome job

---------

Follow me on the twitterz @bioswoop

PSN
    Grayspence
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by biorogue View Post
    just got through playing this Gray and I liked it very much. Great visuals and the game play was good. There was a couple of nickpicky spots for me. One was, there were a couple of bouncepads in the middle layer I believe it was, and you had to go to the right, up to the middle layer then back to the left to hit those bouncepads. I was confused at this portion for a few moments and died numerous times here before realizing I needed to be back on that layer. But overall, a good level with solid gameplay and the visuals were just great. I loved this environment. Awesome job
    Thanks a ton for the feedback Biorogue, Glad you enjoyed it. Yeah, the layering in the level is quite complex and gets confusing and times, I might add a few distinguishing lights in this area to help those disoriented sackfolk out. I appreciate it! Glad you thought there was enough gameplay, I considered it myself to be more of a gallery with jumping, but I see now that others see it differently! now all you need to do is create a new level for me to play and we can get even
    Digital Artist,
    All around nice guy

Follow me on Twitter!

Just thinking, maybe i just missed it but i didn't get many score multipliers, you should add more areas for that, or maybe some hidden score bubbles, i think it would add some more to the level, i for one like to compete for a high place on the leader boards.

16. Thanks!

PSN
    Grayspence
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arsenalfan_1995 View Post
    Just thinking, maybe i just missed it but i didn't get many score multipliers, you should add more areas for that, or maybe some hidden score bubbles, i think it would add some more to the level, i for one like to compete for a high place on the leader boards.
    I've got a little less than a splinter of thermo.
    Maybe its because I play tested it 5 million times, but I have no problem getting score multipliers, but then that would be unfair for others if I was the only one to be able to get them (I also have an account named Aarkel who i use to create my levels when my brother is using my Grayspence account, that's why hes the top scoring player ) There aren't currently any secret areas, trust me I confirm it, but I'll heavily consider implementing something including replay value. Thanks!
    Digital Artist,
    All around nice guy

Follow me on Twitter!

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    PSN
    fruitmanlolli
    Blog Entries

Just played your level and here's what I thought.

The game-play was for the most part very good, however I was struggled with some sections of the level. For example the first section I found it hard to find access to the back layer and it felt like I was backtracking when I jumped on the bouncepad. Maybe I'm just not as bright as others though XD

There was also the section with the timed bouncepad where after activating it, I didn't realize I was meant to jump up for about 1-2 minutes (again maybe my mistake for being slow). I felt that some areas could have a slight bit more direction as to where to go. Also the first section with the grapple hook I died twice because I thought I needed to jump on the bounce pad. I'm a strong believer that the player should always know what to expect when making a jump like that. It was just my first reaction.

Now, Visuals!

The Visuals were pretty awesome! Lovely use of lighting and objects. I did feel as though some of the lighting was too foggy/bright but for the most part it was very good!

And the music suited the level very well!

So:
    Gameplay=8/10
    Visuals=9/10
    Music/SoundFX=9/10

And I rated it
    Follow me on twitter www.twitter.com/fruitmanlolli
    Watch me on DeviantArt http://fruitmanlolli.deviantart.com/
    And Subscribe to me on YouTube! http://youtube.com/fruitmanlolli

19. Thanks!

PSN
    Grayspence
    Blog Entries

Its obvious that I need to add something in front of that to prevent confusion.... I'll sort that out today. Maybe an arrow would work well...
    Thanks so much for the great feedback!

Overnight players have suggested that the part with the non-Grapple hook monkey swinging is a little confusing as well.Ill see to it that something gets put in there to clear up the confusion.
    Last edited by grayspence; 02-01-2012 at 02:16 PM.
    Digital Artist,
    All around nice guy

Follow me on Twitter!

PSN
    Grayspence
    Blog Entries

UPDATE: (Sorry for the double post)

Ive finished adding some hints at the confusing parts, and I also improved score multipliers in various sections by adding a few more bubble clusters. The hole "MaterialBoy" fell into is patched too. All im nervous about doing is loosing my exellent Yay/boo ratio if I "Overwrite the level" onto the new one. Will doing this result in a reset in playcount and feedback?
    Digital Artist,
    All around nice guy

Follow me on Twitter!

No, it won't reset it.

23. Thanks!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast