BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by arsenalfan_1995 View Post
    Just thinking, maybe i just missed it but i didn't get many score multipliers, you should add more areas for that, or maybe some hidden score bubbles, i think it would add some more to the level, i for one like to compete for a high place on the leader boards.
    I've got a little less than a splinter of thermo.
    Maybe its because I play tested it 5 million times, but I have no problem getting score multipliers, but then that would be unfair for others if I was the only one to be able to get them (I also have an account named Aarkel who i use to create my levels when my brother is using my Grayspence account, that's why hes the top scoring player ) There aren't currently any secret areas, trust me I confirm it, but I'll heavily consider implementing something including replay value. Thanks!
    Spotlighter for LBPC,
    Aspiring Level Designer,
    All around nice guy

My Levels In LBP1:
    Crazy Canyons! [SPOTLIGHT NOD]
    My levels in LBP2:

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    fruitmanlolli
    Blog Entries

Just played your level and here's what I thought.

The game-play was for the most part very good, however I was struggled with some sections of the level. For example the first section I found it hard to find access to the back layer and it felt like I was backtracking when I jumped on the bouncepad. Maybe I'm just not as bright as others though XD

There was also the section with the timed bouncepad where after activating it, I didn't realize I was meant to jump up for about 1-2 minutes (again maybe my mistake for being slow). I felt that some areas could have a slight bit more direction as to where to go. Also the first section with the grapple hook I died twice because I thought I needed to jump on the bounce pad. I'm a strong believer that the player should always know what to expect when making a jump like that. It was just my first reaction.

Now, Visuals!

The Visuals were pretty awesome! Lovely use of lighting and objects. I did feel as though some of the lighting was too foggy/bright but for the most part it was very good!

And the music suited the level very well!

So:
    Gameplay=8/10
    Visuals=9/10
    Music/SoundFX=9/10

And I rated it
    Follow me on twitter www.twitter.com/fruitmanlolli
    Watch me on DeviantArt http://fruitmanlolli.deviantart.com/
    And Subscribe to me on YouTube! http://youtube.com/fruitmanlolli

3. Thanks!

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 630
    Overall activity: 55.0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    Grayspence
    Blog Entries

Its obvious that I need to add something in front of that to prevent confusion.... I'll sort that out today. Maybe an arrow would work well...
    Thanks so much for the great feedback!

Overnight players have suggested that the part with the non-Grapple hook monkey swinging is a little confusing as well.Ill see to it that something gets put in there to clear up the confusion.
    Last edited by grayspence; 02-01-2012 at 01:16 PM.
    Spotlighter for LBPC,
    Aspiring Level Designer,
    All around nice guy

My Levels In LBP1:
    My levels in LBP2:

PSN
    Grayspence
    Blog Entries

UPDATE: (Sorry for the double post)

Ive finished adding some hints at the confusing parts, and I also improved score multipliers in various sections by adding a few more bubble clusters. The hole "MaterialBoy" fell into is patched too. All im nervous about doing is loosing my exellent Yay/boo ratio if I "Overwrite the level" onto the new one. Will doing this result in a reset in playcount and feedback?
    Spotlighter for LBPC,
    Aspiring Level Designer,
    All around nice guy

My Levels In LBP1:
    My levels in LBP2:

No, it won't reset it.
    Cosmic Carnage by: ArsenalFan_1995

Tell me what you think of it.
    Post some feedback to my level
    It would be greatly appreciated Thanks

7. Thanks!

PSN
    Grayspence
    Blog Entries

Alright. The updare is out. I might consider finding a few spots to add some secret bubbles tonight. Thanks!
    Spotlighter for LBPC,
    Aspiring Level Designer,
    All around nice guy

My Levels In LBP1:
    My levels in LBP2:

Added to queue. Had to stop early because I was gonna help out a friend who just got the game, but I'll be sure to get back to your level.

EDIT: Just played the level.

The visuals were simply outstanding. The theme you had setup was very nice, and your choice of colors and lights really nailed what you were going for. As for gameplay, I did run into a one problem. The part where there was a box under a bridge. I got the box stuck under the bridge somehow, but I still managed to jump on the edge of it to hit the checkpoint. That might be something you want to look at.

Reading the posts above, I see that you added a few hints, and they are really helpful since I was clueless a few times. Other than the box problem, I found the platforming very fun. My only complaint would be that there was no storyline of some sort. It did seem pretty aimless, but that is understandable since I'm sure this level is thermo heavy.

Overall this level is simply great. Gave it a heart and a yay, and hearted you as well.
    Last edited by DreJ1212; 02-02-2012 at 02:17 AM.

10. Thanks!

PSN
    Grayspence
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DreJ1212 View Post
    Added to queue. Had to stop early because I was gonna help out a friend who just got the game, but I'll be sure to get back to your level.

EDIT: Just played the level.

The visuals were simply outstanding. The theme you had setup was very nice, and your choice of colors and lights really nailed what you were going for. As for gameplay, I did run into a one problem. The part where there was a box under a bridge. I got the box stuck under the bridge somehow, but I still managed to jump on the edge of it to hit the checkpoint. That might be something you want to look at.

Reading the posts above, I see that you added a few hints, and they are really helpful since I was clueless a few times. Other than the box problem, I found the platforming very fun. My only complaint would be that there was no storyline of some sort. It did seem pretty aimless, but that is understandable since I'm sure this level is thermo heavy.

Overall this level is simply great. Gave it a heart and a yay, and hearted you as well.
    yes, thanks for extremely helpful feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I had no clue that the gameplay was so disorienting
    (of course absolutely no offence to anyone who got stuck)
    I might re size the sponge quite a bit to avoid it getting stuck. Also I`ll add a player sensor switch to activate the Checkpoint on the upper level of the struts. Thanks!
    Spotlighter for LBPC,
    Aspiring Level Designer,
    All around nice guy

My Levels In LBP1:
    My levels in LBP2:

Look forward to it! Darkcloudrepeat's Avatar
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 64
    Overall activity: 0%
    PSN
    Darkcloudrepeat
    Blog Entries

Y U no bigger picture?

-

Iz so HARD?!

No but seriously you crack me up sometimes, I will play this later today.

Project Support Group
    DoC = 28-10-2010

13. Thanks!

PSN
    Grayspence
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcloudrepeat View Post
    Y U no bigger picture?

-

Iz so HARD?!

No but seriously you crack me up sometimes, I will play this later today.
    LOL thanks for that! If I may ask, How did you enlarge them? I'm not HTML savvy so I have no clue.
    Spotlighter for LBPC,
    Aspiring Level Designer,
    All around nice guy

My Levels In LBP1:
    My levels in LBP2:

Quote Originally Posted by grayspence View Post
    I had no clue that the gameplay was so disorienting
    (of course absolutely no offence to anyone who got stuck)
    Honestly, I know that feeling. Sometimes its hard to know if a player will find something hard to see, or play. A perfect comparison to this is if someone made a scary movie. They are the ones making the movie and they know exactly whats going to happen, so they wont find it scary themselves. The same applies to making a level. Its easy for you to play your own level and know where everything is, but that's because you made it, so you wont really know how others will see it until they play the level.

Look forward to it! Darkcloudrepeat's Avatar
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 64
    Overall activity: 0%
    PSN
    Darkcloudrepeat
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by grayspence View Post
    LOL thanks for that! If I may ask, How did you enlarge them? I'm not HTML savvy so I have no clue.
    It's nothing complex, it is actually really easy.
    You go to the photo's page of whatever level you want to take the picture from
    http://lbp.me/v/9re12k/photos
    You then click the image you want and it will open up in a bigger size, you then need to click it again and it will open the picture in a white space with a complex looking
    address...
    Somethine like...
    http://i1.lbp.me/img/ft/f51efc6a8b71...e9469607aa.jpg
    Then just right click the image, copy image URL and then just copy that URL to "Insert picture" on this site.
    Last edited by Darkcloudrepeat; 02-02-2012 at 03:46 AM.

Project Support Group
    DoC = 28-10-2010

17. Thanks!

PSN
    Grayspence
    Blog Entries

UPDATE: I have added 5 REALLY tough secrets! If you find them all theres a MASSIVE score bonus at the end for you! I hope you'll all come back and try it again real soon
    Cheers!
    Spotlighter for LBPC,
    Aspiring Level Designer,
    All around nice guy

My Levels In LBP1:
    My levels in LBP2:

Hey this is on my hearted list & only now I've seen this on the forums... I never knew there's going to be added bonus points to get. I must play this again. Oh that's me in the image above. I'll be back with some feedback.

20. Thanks!

PSN
    Grayspence
    Blog Entries

Thanks Des! I appreciate it!

UPDATE: Race mode has been added. It'll be tough to beat the race if its your first try though!
    Spotlighter for LBPC,
    Aspiring Level Designer,
    All around nice guy

My Levels In LBP1:
    My levels in LBP2:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast