BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    HALLOWEEN CARNIVAL IS OUT psyntens's Avatar
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 888
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    PSYNTENS
    Blog Entries

Default LBPC Contest #7 - It's Showtime!!!

Hey sackfoooooooolks!
    Long time no see!
    Are you still excited for the release of the Muppet Pack?
    Because maybe we can help you make your most crazy experiments worth a prize

First of all, as always it's the moment to say thanks.
    Thanks OCK, Joey, TehUberZac, Thegide, Mr_T-Shirt, Leather-Monkey and Moleynator.
    It has been a hell of a ride, lots of fun, I would like to spend more than a line for each one of you, to thank you how you deserve it, though this is not the place.
    You're all awesome and you will all be terribly missed.
    The Crew wish you all the best you can desire

Though, as many left...other awesomeness joins the Crew.
    We're proud to have now in our crew no less than Leklack, LittleBigDes, Rialrees and Biorogue.
    So you sackfolk can be sure that the amount of amazing stuff will keep on coming

Back to the contest...dim the lights, drumroll, please!
    Have you guys got it in you to put on a great show?
    We want you to stage the biggest, most insane, jawdropping show in Craftworld.
    Lights...camera...revolution!!!
    We want to dress up as singers, dancers, tumblers and go through vivid, colourful shows!
    It can be a circus, a live concert, opera/theatre, an imaginary show...but put all your craziness in it.

So, where will your imagination send us?

Building requirements

• Create a level experience of your choice, with intense gameplay, and special attention to a spectacular show setting, ongoing background action, and colourful environments.
    • You can OPTIONALLY build a themed, fitting minigame inside the level.
    • The level must include gameplay so no movie levels, please!

How to enter

• Build a level before the deadline that fits the contest description and building requirements.
    • Include the text “(LBPC7)” in the title of the level. Don’t forget to add things like a nice looking badge, some tags, and a concise level description.
    • Publish your levels before 11:59PM GMT on 29th February, 2012.
    • Post LBP.me links to your levels in this thread, so we’re sure not to miss them!
    • After the deadline, the judges will put on their glad rags and select up to ten semi-finalists based on the scoring criteria below. The creator of the best level will be pinned/crowned winners!

Judging criteria

Levels will be judged according to the following criteria:
    • Gameplay – Here, we’re scoring things like fun factor, balanced difficulty and freedom from glitches and bugs.
    • Originality – How innovative is your creation? How well did you take the source material to create something unique yet still have it be recognizable?
    • Visuals – This is all about how good your level looks. We like detail and lighting and special effects, but try to avoid graphics-induced lag!
    • Audio – Sound effects and music are a great way to turn your level into an addictive and immersive experience.

Rules and Regulations

• This contest is open to all ages and all regions. That means anyone can participate!
    • All entries must be playable in LittleBigPlanet 2
    • You can only enter one level. Duplicate entries will result in disqualification.
    • The contest officially begins on 1st February, 2012 at 12:00am GMT. Previously published entries will not be accepted.
    • Levels must be published before the deadline with “(LBPC7)” in their title. After the deadline, do not republish. Levels republished after the deadline will be disqualified. Exceptions may be made for quick fixes with respect to level titles, description, badges, or major game-breaking fixes, but only with the prior consent of the contest crew. If you need to request an edit, please post in this thread and send me a PM.
    • Levels must be your own creation. Feel free to take inspiration from the world around you and from other levels, but don’t copy someone else’s work outright! That’s just not cool….
    • Last but not least, have fun, play fair and respect other creators!

Also a little Handy FAQ for you all

Q: Can I enter a previously published level?
    A: No.

Q: Can I enter a level I already have on my moon, but hasn't yet been published?
    A: Yes.

Q: Once I've published my entry, can I republish it?
    A: You can republish it as many times before the deadline as you like, but not after the deadline.

Q: When will the judging begin?
    A: The judges may take a look at some levels prior to the deadline, but the judging proper will not begin until after the deadline.

Q: When will the results be posted?
    A: We can't really give any accurate answer to this, but it will be no more than a month after the judging begins.
    Good luck everyone!
    Last edited by Aya042; 02-03-2012 at 05:25 PM. Reason: changed image URL

LBPCentral Spotlight Crew LBPC Spotlight Crew fireblitz95's Avatar
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 430
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    fireblitz95
    Blog Entries

Alright, this ones going to be wicked.

"Stay positive, have fun, and enjoy yourself.
    Together, as a community, we will reach our goals."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Also follow me on Twitter, @fireblitz95 for my occasional news, quotes, and level announcements.

LBPCentral Contest Crew LBPC Contest Crew ForgottenEnigma's Avatar
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 293
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    ForgottenEnigma

Good theme... sadly two and a bit months of solid building, with sleepless nights, creating 'slayer' means i'll be spending this month hibernating... but good luck to those who do enter
    Last edited by ForgottenEnigma; 02-01-2012 at 12:14 AM.
    Regards
    Dave

"Nothing but good decisions"

Wonderful theme for this time... i know that there are great artists who make it all even more fun and be amazed by what we imagine, there is still enough time to see the entries but i admit I'm anxious to see all the wonders to be deployed to habe this contest

Good luck to all!!!!!!!!!!

Sackperson Lieutenant
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 1,154
    Overall activity: 0%
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    Jggfij
    Blog Entries

^_____________^
    Hope you'll enjoy this contest as you did for the other ones.
    I'm really anxious to see what people will do with the new tools.
    This is very really much inspired by the Muppet pack.
    A great pack stuffed with fun gameplay, but I'm 100% sure that some of the still unrecognized geniouses in our Community will be able to top those levels.

Also, personally I want to thank again OCK, Joey, TehUberZac, Thegide, Mr_T-Shirt, Leather-Monkey and Moleynator.
    Most of them were here from day one and helped so much to shape the Contest Crew to what it is.
    Maybe they weren't around blabbering so much like I do, but I assure you that the love and passion they put in this little "service" was second to none.
    Love ya guys!
    Whenever you want to join again our arms are wide open to welcome you again
    Last edited by OmegaSlayer; 02-01-2012 at 06:28 AM.

Sig by FJT

Sackperson Lieutenant
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    Jggfij
    Blog Entries

There's an important announce from the crew here that I don't want to discuss here, but I think it's worth of your attention.

Sig by FJT

LBPCentral Spotlight Crew Point & Click Printzess rialrees's Avatar
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 555
    Overall activity: 65.0%
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points Created Blog entry
    PSN
    rialrees
    Blog Entries

Really looking forward to the huge variety of entries we'll get in this contest! Remember folks, it's not all about the circus

Good luck!

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 888
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    Stellakris

Though the Muppets Level Pack is an obvious inspiration for this contest and pretty helpful for a lot of broadway stage related sounds, background, objects and decorations, don't forget you can go very far (and original) with vanilla LBP1+2 and other DLC, too. For instance, the MGS pack has a spotlight that can serve as stage lights and here is a pic of stage beams made out of ordinary metal material and rods.

However, maybe you don't want to reveal much of a stage at all. After all, when a play or an act is sufficiently engaging, you, the audience/player forget you are in a theatre looking at cardboard backgrounds. Then again, obvious cardboard stage props might be exactly the kind of feel you are looking for.

Just throwing this out here.

Hmm, im working on my movie. But il give this a try. Seems easy

Can someone please explain what we have to do to me...i really am stumped on the criteria..

Sackperson Lieutenant
    PSN
    Jggfij
    Blog Entries

Do you think you can translate something like Cirque Du Soleil, a Broadway musical, a rock concert into a level?

Sig by FJT

12. Thanks!

Hmmmm.... I get the whole level bit, but the moving background?

Sackperson Lieutenant
    PSN
    Jggfij
    Blog Entries

Since most of the shows are kept in closed theatre/envyronments the background are changed/swapped, the lights changes, since they're part of the illusion of the show.
    Think about this

Sig by FJT

I see what your getting at, but that statement will limit platformers...

Edit: eh, leave it... Usually o have about 30 ideas... Ive got none for this, of I don't get any in the next few days I won't do it.... I had high hopes for this.... Not blaming you, it's my fault for not getting ideas >:O
    Last edited by Microhamster; 02-01-2012 at 03:24 PM.

LBPCentral Spotlight Crew Point & Click Printzess rialrees's Avatar
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 555
    Overall activity: 65.0%
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points Created Blog entry
    PSN
    rialrees
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nazar_Ops View Post
    Hmm, im working on my movie. But il give this a try. Seems easy
    Just want to make sure that everyone is perfectly aware that:

Quote Originally Posted by psyntens View Post
    • The level must include gameplay so no movie levels, please!

17. Thanks!

oooh noo this is sounding to cool to miss out on^^ and i was gonna take a break after lpbc6..... hmm maybe just maybe......
    feel free to try my new lvl series
    http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/sho...ronicles-Intro

http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/sho...onicles-Vol.-1

Any feedback will be very welcome^^

Quote Originally Posted by rialrees View Post
    Just want to make sure that everyone is perfectly aware that:
    I know, lol. I said i just worked on my movie which was not contest related.

20. Thanks!

LBPCentral Spotlight Crew LBPC Spotlight Crew fireblitz95's Avatar
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 430
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    PSN
    fireblitz95
    Blog Entries

So are we allowed platformers, or does it need to be one set that can change out backgrounds.

"Stay positive, have fun, and enjoy yourself.
    Together, as a community, we will reach our goals."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Also follow me on Twitter, @fireblitz95 for my occasional news, quotes, and level announcements.

LBPCentral Contest Crew LBPC Contest Crew ForgottenEnigma's Avatar
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 293
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    ForgottenEnigma

Quote Originally Posted by tjaldex225 View Post
    oooh noo this is sounding to cool to miss out on^^ and i was gonna take a break after lpbc6..... hmm maybe just maybe......
    'Slayer' the musical =p
    Regards
    Dave

"Nothing but good decisions"

Wow! I take a 6 week break from creating on lbp ...and now im back and see this contest!

Im definitely entering this one.

Im so excited, i can't feel my legs. I got an idea that i don't think anyone will attempt...so fingers crossed it all works out.

Good luck to everyone, and as ive said before...let the best droid win!
    The Crown! I want that Crown...

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 ... LastLast