BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Default Super Tower Defence

    Hey guys!

    I'm finally finished after several struggles against the oh so confusing logic! So to start off, wow! The months pass by real quickly before you even know it, because its already February of the new year! But enough of that, time to talk about my newest level.

    The title of the level pretty much sums up what kind of level it was going to be. But if you don't particularly care and didn't bother to read the title, it's a tower defence. Now to those who are new to tower defences I'm going to answer that question. If you DO know what a tower defence is... skip this question.

    What is a tower defence?
    Basically, there is a long path from one end to another and there are enemies passing through. You need to prevent them from passing by spending money for towers that eliminate the enemies. If an enemy successfully passes the entire pathway, you will lose lives. Once all lives are lost, so is the game.

    Okay, that seems a little irrelevant since I think everyone knows what a tower defence is. But let's get back to mine. So my level consists of 3 different maps, 7 different towers and 2 different support items (a.k.a. mines and bombs). This level has 40 waves and about 10 different types of enemies. Oh yeah, here's a picture:

    Just a quick note, this picture was taken DURING production.

    Now you must be wondering: why did you make this? There are plenty of tower defences already. That's the thing. I haven't exactly found any tower defences... well... addictive. Me not happy about that. So I went and gave it a go on my own. The second reason I made this was inspired by another tower defence. This one is not on LBP2, I assure you. Is anyone familiar with Bloons Tower Defence 5 on NinjaKiwi.com? It's completely inspired from that amazing game. If you haven't played it and want to, here's the link:
    http://ninjakiwi.com/Games/Tower-Def...Defense-5.html
    I guess that's all I have to say for now. If you have any suggestions on how to improve the level, or simply ask me questions about it, PM me or simply post on this thread.

    Free love, chronos453. ^^

  2. Thanks!


  3. #2

    Default

    Queued, i will give it a go and leave you some feedback!
    F4F my level if you have the time?
    Cosmic Carnage by: ArsenalFan_1995

    Tell me what you think of it.
    Post some feedback to my level
    It would be greatly appreciated Thanks


  4. #3

    Default

    You want a addicting tower defence? Check out mine! (Self promoting scumm!)

    Anyways, for some feedback...
    The menu/starting hub looks very nice, and the Controls/How to play/Tips screens were very well designed!
    The forest was the map I picked, and the design of that was fairly standard for a forest. One thing I did notice is that there was no way to know how much each tower cost, meaning it was just a guessing game until I got abit more used to it. The variation in units was nice, though they weren't really enemys, they were just triangle shaped things :P. The messages that popped up kept the game fresh, and added abit of humor to the level, which is always nice. Logic-wise, I couldn't find anything wrong with the level. In comparison to the Balloons Tower Defence games, this is very similar, and that's a good thing!

    Anyway, out of ten, I would rate this a 8, the main problems were the lack of description of the cost and what the towers do, and some better looking enemys. Do you mind giving my tower defence a go and doing something similar to what i've done (review-eque thingy)? I'm making a new one, and I want to know what was bad/good about it. Thank yoooouu!

    http://lbp.me/v/z2b4b2
    Last edited by AdamPlaysGames; 02-05-2012 at 09:16 PM.


  5. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamPlaysGames View Post
    You want a addicting tower defence? Check out mine! (Self promoting scumm!)

    Anyways, for some feedback...
    The menu/starting hub looks very nice, and the Controls/How to play/Tips screens were very well designed!
    The forest was the map I picked, and the design of that was fairly standard for a forest. One thing I did notice is that there was no way to know how much each tower cost, meaning it was just a guessing game until I got abit more used to it. The variation in units was nice, though they weren't really enemys, they were just triangle shaped things :P. The messages that popped up kept the game fresh, and added abit of humor to the level, which is always nice. Logic-wise, I couldn't find anything wrong with the level. In comparison to the Balloons Tower Defence games, this is very similar, and that's a good thing!

    Anyway, out of ten, I would rate this a 8, the main problems were the lack of description of the cost and what the towers do, and some better looking enemys. Do you mind giving my tower defence a go and doing something similar to what i've done (review-eque thingy)? I'm making a new one, and I want to know what was bad/good about it. Thank yoooouu!

    http://lbp.me/v/z2b4b2
    Thanks! However, it does say in the controls section before the hub that you can look at the description of the item selected by pressing L2. But for some reason, it doesn't show up on the controllinator when in-game.

  6. #5

    Default

    Thought it was great, i found no way to see any type of description of what i'm buying though (may have just missed it) i think the level looks nice and plays well, i can't remember if there was music though lol. I liked the text after every round, thought it was a nice touch, i do think that the jump from the lat round to the final boss is too big, i was destroying in every round and they got nowhere near the end, then on the boss, i bought an extra 3 machine guns and he still beat me :P
    Overall this was quite a fun game, hearted an "yay"ed F4F in sig

    EDIT:
    I found a glitch in your how to play, on the last slide where the arrow goes upward, when you change slides it keeps doing that
    Cosmic Carnage by: ArsenalFan_1995

    Tell me what you think of it.
    Post some feedback to my level
    It would be greatly appreciated Thanks


  7. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arsenalfan_1995 View Post
    Thought it was great, i found no way to see any type of description of what i'm buying though (may have just missed it) i think the level looks nice and plays well, i can't remember if there was music though lol. I liked the text after every round, thought it was a nice touch, i do think that the jump from the lat round to the final boss is too big, i was destroying in every round and they got nowhere near the end, then on the boss, i bought an extra 3 machine guns and he still beat me :P
    Overall this was quite a fun game, hearted an "yay"ed F4F in sig

    EDIT:
    I found a glitch in your how to play, on the last slide where the arrow goes upward, when you change slides it keeps doing that
    Haha, I know. The boss at Round 40 is near impossible if you fought it in Simulation or Arctic Ravine. I might nerf it though. And for a quick note, if it started flashing red and sped up, that means your winning... unless it passes. xD And there was music during the game. For Forest Path, it was "Dew Shimmers" by Mm. Arctic Ravine had "Guess" by Festerd-Jester. And Simulation had "Inertia" or something... also by Festerd-Jester. And I don't know how to fix that glitch at the moment, but it doesn't affect your game in any way does it?

  8. #7

    Default

    No, it didn't affect the game, and i'm pretty sure i was close to veating the boss then lol :P
    Cosmic Carnage by: ArsenalFan_1995

    Tell me what you think of it.
    Post some feedback to my level
    It would be greatly appreciated Thanks


  9. #8
    LBPCentral Spotlight Crew Home Energy Reactor Mr_Fusion's Avatar
    Points: 24,408, Level: 47
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 142
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points Created Blog entry 250 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    Mr_Fusion
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,295
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default

    This looks pretty deep, I only played for a short while but my first impression is that it took way to long to get to the game. I understand that you are laying out the help but it was still a bit of a trek, the elevator is a nee touch though.

    Um The instructions seemed kind of useless, as it went through the basic controls that you discover within 2 seconds of the level. What I would have preferred was information about what I could buy. It seemed that I could only get something a bomb or a mine. I think that building your tutorial into the level would have been better like wave 1 is use the bomb to stop it, wave 2 lay some mines (now unlocked) etc...

    Anyways, it's clear that a lot of effort went into this and I will revisit it to try and work it out some more.

  10. Thanks!


  11. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Fusion View Post
    This looks pretty deep, I only played for a short while but my first impression is that it took way to long to get to the game. I understand that you are laying out the help but it was still a bit of a trek, the elevator is a nee touch though.

    Um The instructions seemed kind of useless, as it went through the basic controls that you discover within 2 seconds of the level. What I would have preferred was information about what I could buy. It seemed that I could only get something a bomb or a mine. I think that building your tutorial into the level would have been better like wave 1 is use the bomb to stop it, wave 2 lay some mines (now unlocked) etc...

    Anyways, it's clear that a lot of effort went into this and I will revisit it to try and work it out some more.
    Ah, I finally understand what you are saying - I've been repeatedly reading this thread trying to comprehend it. XD Well, my response to that is: even if I did make a tutorial, is there a possibility that the thermometer can possibly... I don't know, break so I can put as much as I want? xD

  12. Thanks!



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •