BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Slaeden-Bob View Post
    To be honest I think most of us would love to just reveal everything about the game if we could
    Which youve been told not to, understandably. I wasnt referring to all of you in general, but obviously some people at tarsier want to keep secrets, and so they tell you not to tell anyone, and you have to do that. Whether or not you want to tell us isnt what I was getting at, but the head people.

But like I was getting at, youre all winky face and happy face in your post, telling us we have to wait. But its like I said. If you were in our position, you would want to know stuff too. But youre NOT in our position, youre in youre position, and youve had the game for a very long time. None of it really matters to you.
    Last edited by ATMLVE; 03-18-2012 at 05:50 PM.
    "Employees are not to disturb the creatures of the Preserve, unless they are extremely bored." -Hyperion
    As of now, I have 3 levels, all platformers. You can click their names to go to their page.
    Industrial Platforms - 6748 plays, 3833 yays, and 1777 hearts.
    Solstice - 2615 plays, 1523 yays, and 564 hearts.
    Melting Heat - 714 plays, 325 yays, and 177 hearts.

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 804
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 7 days registered 500 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    DominationMags
    Blog Entries

Is there any info when this is coming out? Because I need to start saving

Hey, feel free to follow me on Twitter @DominationMags Add me on PSN: DominationMags Steam, psn_dominationmags anddddd League of Legends, MagsTM!

Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 153
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    ATMLVE

Quote Originally Posted by DominationMags View Post
    This. Look, you dont need to reveal all of the deep and amazing things the game has to offer. Just release some videos showcasing some of the certainties in the game, like the touch stuff. Maybe a few levels, it doesnt have to be story, just spend a day working on a crappy level and tape it and put it up on youtube and give us some more things to look at while we wait to know what month the game will be released in. I really want this game, and I mustve watched the two trailers ten times just because I want to see the game being played.

Why do you think that whenever a big new game comes out, theres like 87 trailers for it? Why are there currently 3 different ads for mass effect 3 on youtube? Look up any game that has come out recently, and there will be a million trailers for it. Does every trailer have oogles of information in it? No. Do they all showcase different ideas and parts of the game the other trailers dont? Not all of them. They release a bunch of trailers because people like to see gameplay of a game they want to play, so the makers just take a bunch of random gameplay and throw it in, add some some cool stuff, and theres another trailer, some NEW stuff for people to watch instead of the same repetitiveness, to get more excited for the game.
    "Employees are not to disturb the creatures of the Preserve, unless they are extremely bored." -Hyperion
    As of now, I have 3 levels, all platformers. You can click their names to go to their page.

LBPCentral Spotlight CrewCurmudgeon Extraordinaire biorogue's Avatar
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 638
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    jester946
    Blog Entries

but the game is still in the development stage and we don't want to disappoint people by revealing awesome content which is not finalised yet...
    Quote Originally Posted by DominationMags View Post
    To me, Sbob answered it. The game is still in the development stages. At what stage, we can only speculate. Testing stages? Developing the package stages? Though at this point, I don't think anyone HERE cares about the packaging. Put it in a brown paper bag, wrap it in duct tape and ship it to Walmart for all I care. I just want the game.

---------

Follow me on the twitterz @bioswoop

We are all very proud of how the game is shaping up, but the game is still in the development stage and we don't want to disappoint people by revealing awesome content which is not finalised yet...
    This episode of Sesame Street was brought to you by the letters N, D and A.

Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 1,174
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    rtm223
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ATMLVE View Post
    Why do you think that whenever a big new game comes out, theres like 87 trailers for it? Why are there currently 3 different ads for mass effect 3 on youtube? Look up any game that has come out recently, and there will be a million trailers for it.... to get [people] more excited for the game.
    Because those games are out, on the shelves and it makes sense to get peoples' excitement levels to maximum.

You see, if people were to get too excited with lots of trailers too early, then there will be less excitement when the game is released. There is only a limited amount of excitability in the world* and it simply wouldn't do to squander all of it at once, because then everyone would be sad. Now, I for one certainly don't want to be responsible for making everyone in the world sad. Do you?

However, There is a whole bunch of stuff currently in progress... Some of that might be trailers, some of it might be smaller than trailers. There's even a fair-to-middling chance of things even more exciting than trailers on the horizon... All of it takes time though and it will land when it lands - no-one here that can change that, no matter how much we'd like to.

For now, hold tight, keep yourself busy in practice with LBP2, and try be patient... It's great to see how excited everyone is and we're working really hard to get all this stuff to you ASAP. Keep watching the normal channels (and abnormal ones, if you choose) for updates

*There is no evidence or statistics for this, but there is at least an 93.2% chance of it being true.
    -- ? --

7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    ATMLVE

Quote Originally Posted by rtm223 View Post
    Because those games are out, on the shelves and it makes sense to get peoples' excitement levels to maximum.
    Although Im fine with the rest of your post, I must call you out on this; the only trailer for a game that isnt out before the game comes out is the launch trailer. Every one of the so many trailers, except the launch one, come out before the game does. No one releases a new trailer for a game that has already been released, except for updates and DLC, and I think I can wait longer for those.

just a little hype people! come on, don't you understand how this works? i know it's just as frustrating for you as it is for me but please, please give me something that i can pass on to the friends i've managed to persuade to buy a Vita based on this game!! understand that... you really have to understand that. look, just a few morsels, that's all that people want... but you have to in some way. it needs to build and it needs to start now with a LBPVita section and new information, bite the bullet and do it!!! seriously, you are missing a HUGE opportunity here

don't let the momentum slip!!!!

just enough to justify a LBPVita section. come on there must be something, anything... a screenshot, a piece of interesting information. i cannot lie, i'm getting annoyed at this. promote, promote, promote!!!! i want LBP to be the most important game ever to have been released.
    Last edited by GribbleGrunger; 03-18-2012 at 11:22 PM.
    My One And Only Game: An Unexpected Turn
    Game List: My Favourite Games

Tarsier Level Designer comphermc's Avatar
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 149
    Recommendation Second Class 25000 Experience Points 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points
    PSN
    comphermc
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GribbleGrunger View Post
    seriously, you are missing a HUGE opportunity here
    This is starting to make me a bit sad, personally.

We, too, want this game to be very important. This is why promotion needs to done properly, else it will come off as lackluster and there will be no momentum to speak of. Trust me when I say that some very intelligent and experienced people are pulling the strings. You will be happy when everything is properly revealed.

I know you are just getting yourself excited about the game, as you should be, but please try not to dictate how and when information is released. It's more complicated than what you are making it out to be, and I think people may get the wrong idea when you speak with such absolution (only the Sith deal in absolution, ha)! I don't hope to change your mind about how all of this makes you feel (my coworkers before me have made eloquent points that I would just be reiterating), but it's not fair to us or the game to make people think it's as simple as us withholding information for the lulz.
    Mm Picks: Roller INC 2 | Wizard: Chapter 1 | LittleBigPrius
    Levels: New! -The Button | The Fourth Wall | The Heist: Making a Withdrawal | Rubik's Tube
    Lbp.me profile: comphermc | LittleBigplanet 2 Create Tutorials: LBPlanetorials

10. Thanks!

PSN
    ATMLVE

Quote Originally Posted by comphermc View Post
    This is starting to make me a bit sad, personally.

We, too, want this game to be very important. This is why promotion needs to done properly, else it will come off as lackluster and there will be no momentum to speak of. Trust me when I say that some very intelligent and experienced people are pulling the strings. You will be happy when everything is properly revealed.

I know you are just getting yourself excited about the game, as you should be, but please try not to dictate how and when information is released. It's more complicated than what you are making it out to be, and I think people may get the wrong idea when you speak with such absolution (only the Sith deal in absolution, ha)! I don't hope to change your mind about how all of this makes you feel (my coworkers before me have made eloquent points that I would just be reiterating), but it's not fair to us or the game to make people think it's as simple as us withholding information for the lulz.
    I know your not withholding information just for fun, because that would be rude and just not smart. Im not trying to make enemies here, or irritate any of you, or tell you how to do something I dont understand. I think you guys are great, and Im not directing my rants at anyone in particular. Its just frustrating when you really want to learn more about a game you really want, and you cant for so long. Why announce it at E3 in the first place?

Tarsier Level Designer comphermc's Avatar
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 149
    Recommendation Second Class 25000 Experience Points 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points
    PSN
    comphermc
    Blog Entries

Why announce it at E3 in the first place?
    I really can't say, as I'm a lowly level designer, and that was before I was on the project. As an outsider to the whole scenario like you, I would guess that it's a nice way to gauge interest in the idea of a LittleBigPlanet game for the Vita. If people really like it, that's good news for us; if there are things they don't like, we can consider changing them or working them towards something more enjoyable. That's my guess, of course... it could be way off!
    Mm Picks: Roller INC 2 | Wizard: Chapter 1 | LittleBigPrius
    Levels: New! -The Button | The Fourth Wall | The Heist: Making a Withdrawal | Rubik's Tube
    Lbp.me profile: comphermc | LittleBigplanet 2 Create Tutorials: LBPlanetorials

Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 888
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    7 days registered 30 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    ShadowriverUB
    Blog Entries

Why announce it at E3 in the first place?
    They got material from Jam, 2 years ago (LBP2) it end up in E3 Sony conference with shots of attendees being interviewed, not to mentioned whole Jam material been used for LBP2 overall promotion in E3, but 1 year ago (Move Pack) just been used just for official Move Pack trailer, but they only showcased levels that they made there. What they will do with Vita Jam material... we don't know yet i think it depends on LBP Vita release date, if it's gonna be close to E3 there low chance that they will show of LBP Vita, they usually only showing games with feather release dates. Speaking of which Sony is the one who handles promotion, they are the publishers right? ;]

There still lot of time so i would not be worried so much, since Vita is new console with not much line-up to go against 3DS, LBP Vita most likely will play one of impotent rules in Vita marketing, same as Uncharted was
    Last edited by Shadowriver; 03-19-2012 at 05:05 AM.
    Tired of answering same questions from people.... answer them down on LBPWiki where everyone can see them!
    |LEVELS: TETRIS
    |OBJECTS: Numeral logic components
    |TUTORIALS: BCD calculator
    |Next project: Paaaaaaarrrrty!... in LBP2

PSN
    ATMLVE

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowriver View Post
    They got material from Jam, 2 years ago (LBP2) it end up in E3 Sony conference with shots of attendees being interviewed, not to mentioned whole Jam material been used for LBP2 overall promotion in E3, but 1 year ago (Move Pack) just been used just for official Move Pack trailer, but they only showcased levels that they made there. What they will do with Vita Jam material... we don't know yet i think it depends on LBP Vita release date, if it's gonna be close to E3 there low chance that they will show of LBP Vita, they usually only showing games with feather release dates. Speaking of which Sony is the one who handles promotion, they are the publishers right? ;]

There still lot of time so i would not be worried so much, since Vita is new console with not much line-up to go against 3DS, LBP Vita most likely will play one of impotent rules in Vita marketing, same as Uncharted was
    I meant why did they announce it at the last E3 in 2011, where they showed the two trailers. Since they dont want to announce any further information, promoting themselves at last years E3 seems rather pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by comphermc View Post
    ...I'm a lowly level designer...
    Yep.

Point is, folks, you're asking the wrong people. These guys probably have little involvement in the decisions regarding what information gets make public at what times.

It's highly likely they've signed an NDA which limits what they're allowed to say, so when you see an irritating amount of vagueness in their responses, that's probably the reason.

At the moment, I believe they're only allowed to discuss the Create Mode aspects of the game, so please don't harrass them to reveal information they're not allowed to.

It's also worth noting forum rule #3...

Quote Originally Posted by ConfusedCartman View Post
    3. Any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement (NDA) with Sony, Media Molecule, or any affiliated parties is also considered to be Inappropriate Content. This includes, but is not limited to, information regarding any LittleBigPlanet Beta covered by an NDA. Note that this rule still applies even if you, yourself, have not signed the NDA.
    ...so if anyone were to reveal anything they weren't supposed to, it will be deleted, and the offender may get banned from the forums, which I hope happens to...

*pulls out Die o' Blame (a six-sided die with "comphermc" written on all six sides)*

*pauses for a moment then puts away Die o' Blame*

...no-one.

Quote Originally Posted by Aya042 View Post
    Yep.

Point is, folks, you're asking the wrong people. These guys probably have little involvement in the decisions regarding what information gets make public at what times.

It's highly likely they've signed an NDA which limits what they're allowed to say, so when you see an irritating amount of vagueness in their responses, that's probably the reason.

At the moment, I believe they're only allowed to discuss the Create Mode aspects of the game, so please don't harrass them to reveal information they're not allowed to.

It's also worth noting forum rule #3...

...so if anyone were to reveal anything they weren't supposed to, it will be deleted, and the offender may get banned from the forums, which I hope happens to...

*pulls out Die o' Blame (a six-sided die with "comphermc" written on all six sides)*

*pauses for a moment then puts away Die o' Blame*

...no-one.
    well i realised that. i wasn't asking for our fellow LBPcenrtalers to spill the beans, i was asking in the hope that they would 'perhaps' mention our requests to the devs (presumably some of them work in the same building or have contact with them?)

17. Thanks!

well i realised that. i wasn't asking for our fellow LBPcenrtalers to spill the beans, i was asking in the hope that they would 'perhaps' mention our requests to the devs (presumably some of them work in the same building or have contact with them?)
    Fair enough, but something like...
    ...for the love of God, please, please, please... PRETTY Please, give us just a morsel of new information.
    ...could easily be interpreted otherwise.

From past experience, this is the person who makes these sorts of decisions...

...and doesn't usually listen to the opinions of the "lowly" developers. :/

19. Thanks!

...for the love of God, please, please, please... PRETTY Please, give us just a morsel of new information.
    lol. i think i over egged that enough to show it was said with humour
    Last edited by GribbleGrunger; 03-19-2012 at 11:09 PM.

PSN
    ATMLVE

Considering comphs past experiences with meeting and becoming friends with people like Alex Evans, I would imagine he, and the others, have some sort of contact with the "larger" people. I was hoping theyd be able to see it, and allow a few random things to be released. Im not asking for new information, Im just asking for something to watch. Just show some gameplay. All I want to see is footage of this game, which is why I have watched the trailers at least 10 times. I dont care if you spend 10 minutes in create mode making random crap and speeding it up to make a 1 minute video, all I want to see is something of the game. And considering other developers are more than happy to release generally similar footage in multiple versions of trailers, I guess Im spoiled, but its really irritating when something so simple that you want so much just isnt being done.

LittleBigPlanet Community Manager StevenI's Avatar
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 310
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    StevenI

Whilst I can certainly understand the frustration of waiting for any news to be released about LittleBigPlanet Vita, let me assure you that your requests are not simply being ignored and that further news about LittleBigPlanet Vita will be forthcoming interfrastically.

There's lots on the horizon for LittleBigPlanet...
    Don't forget that you also have LittleBigPlanet Karting and future DLC announcements to look out for too and we will definitely be keeping you updated on everything!

The only reason for the silence for the time-being is that after the Community GameJam, we really do not have anything new to show everyone just yet!

That won't be the case for much longer though and I'm just as excited to publish some more news, as you are to hear it!

It will be worth the wait though, I promise

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 804
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 7 days registered 500 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    DominationMags
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StevenI View Post
    Whilst I can certainly understand the frustration of waiting for any news to be released about LittleBigPlanet Vita, let me assure you that your requests are not simply being ignored and that further news about LittleBigPlanet Vita will be forthcoming interfrastically.

There's lots on the horizon for LittleBigPlanet...
    Don't forget that you also have LittleBigPlanet Karting and future DLC announcements to look out for too and we will definitely be keeping you updated on everything!

The only reason for the silence for the time-being is that after the Community GameJam, we really do not have anything new to show everyone just yet!

That won't be the case for much longer though and I'm just as excited to publish some more news, as you are to hear it!

It will be worth the wait though, I promise
    Can't wait

Hey, feel free to follow me on Twitter @DominationMags Add me on PSN: DominationMags Steam, psn_dominationmags anddddd League of Legends, MagsTM!

Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast