BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 9 of 39 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by fumetsusozo View Post
    little Blocks? i'm not sure what your trying to say. Quicksand Hazard would be a Hazard tool that you could turn any object in to. you'd just slowly sink in to the object and have to keep pushing X to avoid death and to try to get out of it. *mew
    By little blocks, I mean little squares of material. For instance, if you get out a material, place it, and turn it to quicksand, then you grab the quicksand square you just made and shrink it to as small as possible, then touch it with sackboy, what would happen? And what about if it was the ceiling? Would sackboy stay upright, and you keep tapping X until his head comes out, and then you fall?
    "Employees are not to disturb the creatures of the Preserve, unless they are extremely bored." -Hyperion
    As of now, I have 3 levels, all platformers. You can click their names to go to their page.
    Industrial Platforms - 6748 plays, 3833 yays, and 1777 hearts.
    Solstice - 2615 plays, 1523 yays, and 564 hearts.
    Melting Heat - 714 plays, 325 yays, and 177 hearts.

Sackperson Sergeant fumetsusozo's Avatar
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 918
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    7 days registered Created Album pictures 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    fumetsusozo
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ATMLVE View Post
    By little blocks, I mean little squares of material. For instance, if you get out a material, place it, and turn it to quicksand, then you grab the quicksand square you just made and shrink it to as small as possible, then touch it with sackboy, what would happen? And what about if it was the ceiling? Would sackboy stay upright, and you keep tapping X until his head comes out, and then you fall?
    Hmm all i can think is the object would have to be so big for it to work/kill you at all. if it's to small it does nothing... hmm... but if that's no good. i'm not sure what to say. :P *mew
    Last edited by fumetsusozo; 03-11-2012 at 08:31 PM.
    Lets go on a fantastic Adventure!

Spoiler Spoiler - <-My LBP2 Levels->

Quicksand is a cool idea. At the risk of futher digression, I think the mechanics could go like this: it is a tweaker gadget that can be applied to any material. It only kills sackboy if you are completely submerged in it. But it partially dampens sackboys movement (including falling) and jump height when partially covered by it. So for example you could have a layer of quicksand-tweaked sand material just above the ground, and by making it shorter than sakcboy, sackboy could still move slowly through it, with the underlying ground keeping him from completely drowning in it. Or you could have a bar of it fixed in the air above sackboy, and sackboy could jump up into it, and keep jumping to get above it, as long as it wasn't so think that he'd be completely inside of it at any point. Maybe moving chunks of quicksand-tweaked material could themselves move freely through sackboys but not through other objects. I think we could build all this now for sackbot avatars and using sticker material for quicksand, but it would be a neat new mechanic to see done right.

4. Thanks!

Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 220
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    ATMLVE

Can someone give me a more in-depth description of the decoration spinner?
    "Employees are not to disturb the creatures of the Preserve, unless they are extremely bored." -Hyperion
    As of now, I have 3 levels, all platformers. You can click their names to go to their page.

'Crazy' in the good way? Slaeden-Bob's Avatar
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 288
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    Slaeden-Bob

Can someone give me a more in-depth description of the decoration spinner?
    The Decoration spinner is more or less like a "sideways Motor Bolt" to be used as a mount for decorations to give them the ability to rotate about any vector in the X,Y plane. It can utilise the same two types of Input Actions (On/Off and Speed Scale) as a Motor Bolt, making it able to speed up/slow down gradually and even change direction of rotation.

In the build showed to the jammers it was operating on an arbitrary degrees of rotation/time scale, but the hope is to give it the same unit of degrees/second as it is the case for the other Bolts and Rotators when the full game is released

7. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Slaeden-Bob View Post
    The Decoration spinner is more or less like a "sideways Motor Bolt" to be used as a mount for decorations to give them the ability to rotate about any vector in the X,Y plane. It can utilise the same two types of Input Actions (On/Off and Speed Scale) as a Motor Bolt, making it able to speed up/slow down gradually and even change direction of rotation.

In the build showed to the jammers it was operating on an arbitrary degrees of rotation/time scale, but the hope is to give it the same unit of degrees/second as it is the case for the other Bolts and Rotators when the full game is released
    how big an object can you put on the spinner? could you have a circle out of material that covers all seven layers? oh yeah, and what were the tools for the back touch like?
    My One And Only Game: An Unexpected Turn
    Game List: My Favourite Games

The Multi-media drunkard GruntosUK's Avatar
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 510
    Overall activity: 0%
    Recommendation Second Class 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    GruntosUK

Quote Originally Posted by GribbleGrunger View Post
    how big an object can you put on the spinner? could you have a circle out of material that covers all seven layers? oh yeah, and what were the tools for the back touch like?
    Its for decorations only, materials wont work

Back touch uses the same tools as front touch, and can do everything it can
    I'm on twitter, Follow me here
    -----------------
    -----------------

10. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by GruntosUK View Post
    Its for decorations only, materials wont work

Back touch uses the same tools as front touch, and can do everything it can
    oh, so only decorations... can those decorations be seven layer size, or perhaps even bigger?

Sackperson Sergeant
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 465
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    Syroc
    Blog Entries

Decorations can be as big as you can make them.

13. Thanks!

7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    ATMLVE

Can you describe what the decoration spinner looks like? Im having trouble picturing it. Also, can objects be touched through other objects/materials? As in, if I have a ball completely behind a wall of material, and I set the ball to be able to be moved by touching and dragging, can I grab it when its behind the solid wall?

Tarsier Level Designer comphermc's Avatar
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 586
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Recommendation Second Class 25000 Experience Points 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points
    PSN
    comphermc
    Blog Entries

Can you describe what the decoration spinner looks like? Im having trouble picturing it. Also, can objects be touched through other objects/materials? As in, if I have a ball completely behind a wall of material, and I set the ball to be able to be moved by touching and dragging, can I grab it when its behind the solid wall?
    1. The decoration spinner is just a simple, flat cylinder. It is color-tweakable and can be set to invisible. By default it is white. Also, remember that things can be dephysicalized so that it can be placed into other objects or material.
    2. You can make anything touchable behind anything else. This can be achieved by putting a Touchability Tweaker on the front object and setting it to be Invisible to Touch.
    Mm Picks: Roller INC 2 | Wizard: Chapter 1 | LittleBigPrius
    Levels: New! -The Button | The Fourth Wall | The Heist: Making a Withdrawal | Rubik's Tube
    Lbp.me profile: comphermc | LittleBigplanet 2 Create Tutorials: LBPlanetorials

16. Thanks!

ok, so there's only one question i want answering now. I'm SOLD!

edit: ok, one more. bearing in mind that part of the reason people were invited to the jam, what feedback did any of you give them concerning the game? did you make any suggestions for added features for instance? or perhaps changes for features already there?
    Last edited by GribbleGrunger; 03-12-2012 at 08:04 PM.

I've now spent a good hour reading the whole of this thread lol.
    It's all very exciting.
    I'm kinda disappointed we're not getting a constant feed of news, pics or videos from Tarsier.
    It seemed like the build up to LBP2 was pretty enjoyable because each week would shed light on one FANTASTIC addition to the game.
    The jammers have made it perfectly clear that we have a lot of new stuff to look forward to, so I wish Tarsier could follow suit :/
    I have a sneaking suspicion the game will release mid-may, so that's 9-10 weeks away, so let's have some videossssss...
    9 weeks to go: Feature the memoriser
    8 weeks to go: Feature touch controls
    7 weeks to go: Feature community level achievements system.......

you get my drift
    Love,
    One very excited, frustrated, and optimistic Draden.

EDIT: Of course, I must say that the LBP2 BETA did a rather good job at keeping me occupied pre-release *cough*
    Last edited by Draden6436; 03-12-2012 at 09:11 PM.

Do you like Draden's levels? Play Bashi Bashi, a world class minigame.
    Do you not like Draden's levels? Play Bashi Bashi, a world class minigame.

19. Thanks!

agreed. it's about time we started getting the hype. perhaps a teaser trailer with 'some' story gameplay followed by a few vids on the new features.

COME ON! i know you're listening.......... *cheesy grin*

21. Thanks!

Tarsier Level Designer comphermc's Avatar
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 586
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Recommendation Second Class 25000 Experience Points 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points
    PSN
    comphermc
    Blog Entries

agreed. it's about time we started getting the hype.
    You want some hype? Here you go!

Ha! Naw, but seriously, you will get to see details and footage coming out once we are ready. We're still in go-go-go mode trying to make the game as awesome as we can. It wouldn't be fair to us to show it off before we know it's good and ready. I'd hate to steal Mm's favorite word, but...

Soon.
    Mm Picks: Roller INC 2 | Wizard: Chapter 1 | LittleBigPrius
    Levels: New! -The Button | The Fourth Wall | The Heist: Making a Withdrawal | Rubik's Tube
    Lbp.me profile: comphermc | LittleBigplanet 2 Create Tutorials: LBPlanetorials

Quote Originally Posted by comphermc View Post
    Soon.

Do you like Draden's levels? Play Bashi Bashi, a world class minigame.
    Do you not like Draden's levels? Play Bashi Bashi, a world class minigame.

24. Thanks!

PSN
    ATMLVE

Soon... That infamous word. And you cant deny that Tarsier has put out an extreme lack of information. I could have guessed all the features showcased in the only two trailers for the game; and here the people from the game jam provide far more in depth and wanted information in a single post than Tarsier has with anything since the announcement last June. Im not trying to sound like some whiny kid, Im just saying, I want to know the features of the game; I want to know all the cool stuff Ill have access to(*coughandwhencough*), and so here I am on a forum getting descriptive words from people who attended the jam. And comph, who works there of course.

26. Thanks!

Sackperson Private jackofcourse's Avatar
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 819
    Overall activity: 0%
    Recommendation Second Class 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    jackofcourse

I could have guessed all the features showcased in the only two trailers for the game; and here the people from the game jam provide far more in depth and wanted information in a single post than Tarsier has with anything since the announcement last June.
    With LBP being such a community centric game, what better way for Tarsier to provide information than to let the community do it themselves?

Excited tongues waggle far more than Sony marketing ever could
    Newer LBP2 Level - The Mind Factory
    New LBP2 Level - Rogue Panda Rescue (TV ad level)

28. Thanks!

i have a Vita in one hand and a bottle of gin in the other... DON'T MAKE ME DRINK!

you have responsibilities, ComphermC... i'm needy and lonely and... i just don't want to turn to drink (again)

'SOON!?' i'm hating on that word

i think we need a generic death sequence for Sackboy/sackbots. then we can create our own hazards.
    Indeed. I've been wanting a death tweaker ever since I first played around with sackbots. Now we have to mess around with emitted invisible spikes and such. It doesn't seem that difficult to make a tweaker that lets you activate any existing death sequence directly, as a sackbot-only alternative to the destroyer.

Anyone at Tarsier want to hack that in?

Page 9 of 39 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast